• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Pheonix Trial #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE POST IDEAS IF YOU HAVE ANY AS THIS IS ONLY A SUBMISSION

potion.jpg

Phoenix Trial #6
Welcome to the 6th Icon Challange!
This Challenge will involve Themed Items.
Contestants shall make a total of 5 item icons that represent the theme they choose.
(Modern Warfare, Medevil, Demon, Human, etc.)

Contest Rules And Conditions

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the icon submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges and/or hosts may not participate.
  • Your final submission must be bug free.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Active and disabled versions of all icons are required.
  • Blizzard icon naming conventions must be followed:
    • Example: DISBTNHoldPositionBlackDoom.blp

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 45 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judges:

• Judging Criteria:

Creativity
    The icons' originality and uniqueness are vitally important.30%

Blizzard Feeling
    Icons should be executed in such a manner that they can be implemented in a Warcraft map and compliment other Blizzard icons.30%

Technical Note
    The quality of the icons is the most important thing. They must be detailed yet clear (throwing a lot of elements in a 64x64 image will usually look crowded).40%
  • 75% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Contestants

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Entry NameContestant Name

Contest Dates And Deadline
  • The contest shall begin on Date and conclude on [rainbow]Date
    Time[/rainbow] (GMT)

Last edited:
Level 24
so actually you can choose arcane, arch mage, missiles, naga, death, darkness, fire, medieval, egyptian, chinese, samurai, smileys, buttons, command buttons, bags, shields, poison, decay, life, holy, warrior, arthas, demonic, ancient whatever you want, the main object will be that all icons have to fit the theme?

edit: and since some themes are not as big as others i'd recommend that all contestants have to submit at least 4 icons and may submit more depending on how many ideas they have...

why not something like

-hand spell icons = in every icon you must have a hand

example = a hand holding a potion, a hand casting a spell etc.

- techtree? = maybe not

- Custom items = No weapond or armor allowed!!!

example : Bags, book, features, plants etc.

- Custom hero spell = you give 5 hero model choice, and we have to draw icons related to it?!

Level 34
To totally rip off raging, why not have four words, and the icons must contain those in them.

-Fist
-Hammer
-Face
-Light

So you have to include those in the icon. It doesn't have to be 1 per icon, you could put 2 in one, and have one icon totally your own idea without any of the words. You have to make four icons though.

Level 38
I like the idea of creating an armor set, something were you could choose four of the following:

Helmet
Shoulders
Chest
Legs
Gloves
Boots
Bracers
Belt
Cape
ring
necklace

And either make just a regular armor set (like copper armor, knights colors, soldier fatigues) or an epic tier set like those from WoW. It could even be more like the Diablo II item sets, as they include weapons and shields in the mix (unlike WoW), and generally have around 4-5 items, which would be more useful for RPG maps that only have 6 inventory slots for the heroes, as they usually always have a weapon thrown in the mix.

Level 11
I would totally participate in a Armor Set competition. But how do we know when the idea is officially made a contest? Will there be a new thread created here in the same section or what? Sorry but I've just started taking an interest in competitions at the Hive so I need to be told some things.

Level 13
Okay... hmh... lemme think...
So we already had the weapon armor shizz...

Artifacts, perhaps?

We all have to choose a custom model from the hive and make an item for them.

Example
I gonna make a Moon Helmet for this unit!
So you have to draw the unit with your special item.

Level 13
All i can tell you is that the theme for the next Phoenix Trial is already choosen.
I guess i shouldn't explain the details now.

However, you are free to discuss the Phoenix Trial #7 theme :p
Quite a neat idea Squidle!

Thanks Pala ;3

w00t, then this is for the 7th PT.

Artifacts
Every user has to make a special artifact for
a existing model of the hive.
You have to draw the model and the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.