• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #4 - Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm thinking of withdrawing, actually. My schedule's f*cked and I doubt we can even rush it within 5 days. If we ever do, it wouldn't be as high quality as we aimed. It's not a total loss for me and Saber though, if we're out of the contest we can get this hosted and finish it better.

We're not yet officially off the contest until Saber leaves a reply here saying yes or no though, as I kinda haven't told him this yet.

Good luck to all those who finished and worked fast.

redscores, see what I meant when I first viewed your map is MSN?
Am I right? Sometimes, you really need to take people's suggestion.
The camera really needs work. At least, make it further and higher away.
Or maybe, you can also use a trigger that when a player selects his unit.. camera changes to facing of unit. So, you could press f1 to rotate the camera instead of automaticly.

Why is automatic rotate bad?
When people was turning, and he wanted to go back.(manual patroling)
He would have problem with the camera, everyone gets this and that annoys

Anyway, please calm down I have no offence and don't be mad, thanks. =)

Level 2
Sad to hear that Malf, I still have a few surprises up my sleeve.

There is no need for sadness! :p In the longshot, the map will still be finished how we had originally aimed it to be, just not by the deadline. And hopefully, once hosted, we could get some artistic help. ;)

Level 13
There is no need for sadness! :p In the longshot, the map will still be finished how we had originally aimed it to be, just not by the deadline. And hopefully, once hosted, we could get some artistic help. ;)

Too bad if you cant particiate. I also had to rush a lot to make the map playable, but it turned out pretty good. And your map was the one iv been waiting for, I hope you can finish it someday atleast.

It really seems its gona turn out duel between maps. Atleast not many people have been posting anything about their maps.

I'm thinking of withdrawing, actually. My schedule's f*cked and I doubt we can even rush it within 5 days. If we ever do, it wouldn't be as high quality as we aimed. It's not a total loss for me and Saber though, if we're out of the contest we can get this hosted and finish it better.

We're not yet officially off the contest until Saber leaves a reply here saying yes or no though, as I kinda haven't told him this yet.

Except that with Ghan in charge of hosted projects, there won't be any new ones until SC2.

Which is rather silly.

Level 10

Yes, of course. I'd never make you skip out or half-ass more important things for a WC3 map, Malf. I'd rather get it done right. (b'.')b

Sorry folks, I guess "Into the Abyss" has officially withdrawn!"

Hawking likes the camera... and in Ice Forge is a "patrolling" NOT needed.

I said I didn't want it to be ever changing when you enter a hall and such, as Saber suggested. But his suggestion of rotating makes perfect sense.

To be honest, redscores, you're being extremely stubborn. If you want to win, get off your ass and stop giving petty excuses. Neither I or anyone else in this contest or participating in this thread want to hear it.

Level 17
Fixed Version: The Jagged Relic V0.21

The Jagged Relic

Overview:

The Jagged Relic is an ancient relic that was made in the second age of men. When two powerful forces collided in a battle of unknown proportions, the second age of men came to an end and a new age began.
The survivors tried to rebuild their war torn world above the ruins, but that was a mistake they wont make a second time.
While digging the main foundation of the new capitol they stumbled upon an old catacomb, you could hear horrible screams.
It did not take long for the undead the crawl out of their tombs and haunt the living.
Can you destroy the relic before all the warriors beneath the ground are resurrected to once more fight for evil?

Features:
  • 3 Underground levels filled with monsters and puzzles.
  • 3 Main bosses that are scripted beyond imagination!
  • 4 Unique classes for now; Elementalist, Dark Wizard, Holy Knight and the Berserker.
  • Each class will have their own unique custom made spells to enhance gameplay.
  • A system that will drop random items, most will be potions but maybe if you're lucky you'll encounter some relics!
  • One of the best dungeon terrains

The map can be played alone or max of 4 players, but don't expect to beat the bosses on first try.

Tips and tricks:
*Each hero have their own playing style, but every class can beat the game. You probably wont win the bosses just by hacking and slashing.
*It isn't necessary to kill every monster in the dungeon, but you can get more potions or find more items if you explore the dungeon.

So this is my and Airandius entry. It might be improved since there still is time, so feel free to give suggestions. The screenies don't really show how the game is, so I suggest testing it.

GL & HF

Oke, so I fixed allot of stuff, there is a change log at the bottom of this post (it doesn't contain every fix I made, and sometimes I re added some stuff like potions but meh. It's pretty accurate.
This is the new version for the contest!

Oh and thanks to all the people that liked the terrain that I made, I'm proud of it myself.
Wish I could make spells like kewlthis though.

Speedhorn, no good luck for us? =:(

Fixes:

- High, Normal, Hard are the choices for XP Rates. Should it not be High, Normal, and Low? - Fixed

- No Loading Screen. - Fixed

- There is currently a selectable hero class called "Berserk". Berserk is an adjective, not a noun. Thus his name should be "Berserker". - Fixed

- The game is much too easy up until the third boss. - Fixed

- Some passive abilities have active icons, please change this. - Fixed

- Nothing exciting about the items. They have really lame names too. For example: "Treasure lvl13". - I know, I added item's with proper names. Kewlthis forgot to edit it I gues. - Fixed

- We gathered an excessive amount of healing potions throughout the map and found that after not too long we didn't need to pick up any loot, because our inventories were full of what was always dropping from our opponents. - I remade all item systems, they don't drop that often now.

- Boss two was a piece of cake, except for within the last 10 seconds when he went overboard, abusing the spike attack. - I didn't made the bosses so I can't make them harder.

- Fixed the limits you could have for weapons and armor (I think).

- Fixed alot more minor things like typing mistakes etc. (We had allot of them in the tooltips. xD)

New:

- Added new proper names.

- Added new creeps (and elites that have better loot but are much stronger then regular creeps).

- New items, with names!!! :O (Allot.)

- Added runes.

- Some extra terraining.

- I edited most tooltips for better reading.

- Did some minor balance tweaks.

- Added skin to last boss.

Attachments

• The Jagged Relic - Version 0.21.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
Level 13
Lol my partner is jsut acting stupid. He obviosly hasnt read then changes I made before him:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/912190-post378.html

My version can be found here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/909517-post338.html

The new one is "fixes" made by Airandius. I would definetly like to hear some comments on it, since he refuses to listen to me. And he obviosly hasnt tested it.

My opinions:

Bad:
- Weapon system
- Useless weapons
- Drop rate (havent tested this again)
- Removed speed rune.
- Chests will bug if you attack them same time (coding)

Neutral:
- Creeps changed

Good:
- Better spell description
- Better item description

Last edited:
Level 17
I did ask you yesterday and u said sure I could fix the problems.
And I found allot of them so I fixed them, you had no items that were working properly, so I added them.
Your drop system sucked, so I remade it.

I didn't touch anything you made that was working, u only made bosses and 1 puzzle anyway.
I did: the whole terrain, I made the trigger foundation for the difficulty settings, I made weapon limit system, cause be real, u can't wear 6 weapons with 2 hands!
I had to fix around 1000 typo's for you since u can't type.
I was busy fixing your mess for 2 days, and this is what i get? a 11y old retard that says I'm stupid?

You also said that I refused to listen to you? THATS A BIG LOAD OF BULL.
U wanted potions back, so I put them back.
U wanted higher drop rates for potions? I made them.
U wanted your runes back? I made them. (In version 0.22.)

But when I asked for your things to be changed, it was a NO, always a NO.
Your stubborn kewlthis, a stubborn 11y old baby.

Excuse me for the flame, but I really hate it when people backstab me.
I withdraw from the contest, this means that kewlthis can't use the stuff that I made, that means:

- The whole terrain.
- The improved tool tips.
- Most of the triggers including:
--- The whole initialization map (excluding half of the first trigger and, hero dies trigger).
--- The new loot triggers.
--- The weapon limit triggers.
--- The main foundation for the boss zone enter triggers.
--- The first puzzle with the levers.
--- All the fixes and shit I did in latest version.

So basically almost everything except hero and boss triggers + some othe misc triggers.

Have a nice day kewlthis, and fuck you! =)

Level 17
I'm not making u laugh, nor cry, nor anything.
I don't care about this stupid contest, or some stupid number of gems beneath my name, to be honest I don't care about this whole site.
It's a nice place for wc3 recourses but unlike you, I have a private life so I don't need to be here 24/7.

I'm going to stop now, this is going to turn out in a flame, and that's not what I'm looking for.
I liked making the terrain though, and I'm happy that other people can appreciate my work.

Yo redscores, good luck with your map, not that you'll need it with only your submission being entered. xD

Level 21
I did ask you yesterday and u said sure I could fix the problems.
And I found allot of them so I fixed them, you had no items that were working properly, so I added them.
Your drop system sucked, so I remade it.

I didn't touch anything you made that was working, u only made bosses and 1 puzzle anyway.
I did: the whole terrain, I made the trigger foundation for the difficulty settings, I made weapon limit system, cause be real, u can't wear 6 weapons with 2 hands!
I had to fix around 1000 typo's for you since u can't type.
I was busy fixing your mess for 2 days, and this is what i get? a 11y old retard that says I'm stupid?

You also said that I refused to listen to you? THATS A BIG LOAD OF BULL.
U wanted potions back, so I put them back.
U wanted higher drop rates for potions? I made them.
U wanted your runes back? I made them. (In version 0.22.)

But when I asked for your things to be changed, it was a NO, always a NO.
Your stubborn kewlthis, a stubborn 11y old baby.

Excuse me for the flame, but I really hate it when people backstab me.
I withdraw from the contest, this means that kewlthis can't use the stuff that I made, that means:

- The whole terrain.
- The improved tool tips.
- Most of the triggers including:
--- The whole initialization map (excluding half of the first trigger and, hero dies trigger).
--- The new loot triggers.
--- The weapon limit triggers.
--- The main foundation for the boss zone enter triggers.
--- The first puzzle with the levers.
--- All the fixes and shit I did in latest version.

So basically almost everything except hero and boss triggers + some othe misc triggers.

Have a nice day kewlthis, and fuck you! =)

YOU'RE EVIL!!!
I LIKE THIS ATITUDE!
MUHAAAHAHAHAAAAAA
And... it's kinda...sad... :sad:

Level 13
Basicly I just use the map I submited before, if allowed. Iv modified most of the triggers he made (they were buggy) and modified terrain.

I quess I can just take new partner from my test team, cause they helped to develop the map really.

I do not mind if Airandius would get the rep from his work, but he hardly has done most of the map. If he wants to quit its his own problem. Its not like I care for rep. I was the one who made the map ready cause Airandius didnt have time.

I didnt want to start debating on this, but I do not want Hawkwing to be blindet by lies. Airandius really amazes me. I tell him whats wrong with the map, but he submits the map. Afther that he says he wants to change things and starts raging here. You should just grow up, instead of calling other people kids.

And all its up to hawkwing. Im fine whatever he decides for our entry.

Level 17
My triggers fixed your triggers, they just less optimized to keep ehm simple for people to read and learn from it.
And I wont allow you to use my triggers and my terrain so there.

The only thing I admit is that u made the map playable, by finishing soem minor thinks, liek massing the same unit for a whole level (I still had to redo most of those things u did) , I made more then u, u can lie all u want.
Making a terrain and adding some triggers is more then just making custom spells
besides I had to clean up all your mess.

Go ahead and lie as much as you want, I don't care.
I'm just telling the mods that you lie, you can't even make a terrain like I did.
And my triggers have a different style then yours, so it's easy to pick ehm apart, u always make triggers called mm hmm shhh and shit.

You started all of this btw, u made a mess, I offered to clean it up for you even though I'm busy with my exam year. I fixed it up, and i get this as payment.

You disgust me, and since it's hard for the mods to see who is lieing. (Even though it's kewlthis.) I suggest that both me and kewlthis are disqualified.

Thanks for your understanding, I wont let kewlthis take credit for all I've done.

Level 13
Who said Im taking all the credits? I just want to be in the competition and gredits will be given to everyone who has done skins/terrain/spells etc.

You just assume things like always, and dont back up your arguments.

You started all of this btw, u made a mess, I offered to clean it up for you even though I'm busy with my exam year. I fixed it up, and i get this as payment.

Anyone pls tell me if the lates version is a mess? I think it even enjoyable and fun to play.

And I dont want your triggers, thats the whole point in this. They just make the game less fun.

Level 21
That means... only submission is me and FamousPker49? whatever..

But that flame war here should be take out of the thread. And like it sounds is kewlthis not really worth mentioning, I believe airandius, because I actually saw his work, unlike kewlthis work.

And kewlthis, if your partner wants that you dont use his stuff, then you need to do a new map, like with every other participient.

You got no fucking ticket of luck or something... no stop it... you are just destroying this contest.

Level 13
That means... only submission is me and FamousPker49? whatever..

But that flame war here should be take out of the thread. And like it sounds is kewlthis not really worth mentioning, I believe airandius, because I actually saw his work, unlike kewlthis work.

And kewlthis, if your partner wants that you dont use his stuff, then you need to do a new map, like with every other participient.

You got no fucking ticket of luck or something... no stop it... you are just destroying this contest.

contest with 1 submission? It ridiculous to even be debating on this. Atleast I want people to be able to play them map, its pretty high quality compared to other maps you can see here.

I agree we should stop debating on here, but meh This is just basic hive today, since there aint anything really going on this thread its not as bad to go a bit off topic.

Talking something about like you cant use my terrain or that stuff is also plain stupid. The map is not protected and I dont mind if someone wants to copy my spells/take a look at them. I dont even need credits for that. As I have to map I can even do anything with it and so can you, so why bitch about it?

Airandius are same as most people. You just cant take it that some things wont work on our map. Even I did some spells that wasnt good for our map at start, but I wanst like you. I just fixed the problems.

Level 12
So theres a team destroyed by misfortunate misfortune, a tragic tragedy, a messy mess.. eh.. "ahem!"

The judges ultimatly deciedes what will happen to your map but I would like to give my opinion:

It is a good map and should not be thrown away in some corner of someones harddrive because of an argument about changing stuff.

Since Airandius has withdrawn and dont want Kewlthis to use the maps terrain and everything else he did, the map is pretty much unplayable and as such won't do as a submission that could win. But this contest got pretty left over since there are only 2 teams that fight for victory so it seems i doesn't really matter.

Everyone has their own wish and you have to respect that kewlthis, if he doesn't want you to use any of his work, don't.

It's a shame to see such a map go away. But what can you do?..

Level 17
I might just use the terrain type for a other map. Don't worry, this map was a good thing, I learned allot of new neat skills in terraining.
For example, I never stacked doodads before, and it worked out pretty good.

I'll do that after I remake Ziggurat Takeover though. Need to shape up it's quality... xD

I might rejoin, if kewlthis stops nagging about every little thing I make, I don't approve off stuff that he did, still I let him do it.
So it's up to him, if he says he's sorry for the way he acted, I'm willing to rejoin with him and the fixed map will be used for contest, it's his call.

He may edit the map then how he sees fit, when he agrees with what I said above.
I have done my part, and my part was terraining in the first place. =) That's my job, I don't care much about the triggers even though I can make it.

~ragingspeedhorn & PurplePoot presents~

attachment.php

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

---

Exiled from heaven, banished from gods kingdom for eternity, forced to tread the earth among the weak and gullible humans, Lucifer, the fallen angel, created a fortress where he would prepare himself for the judgement day, the day where he would once and for all show these weaklings' god who was meant to rule, and who was meant to serve.

A task impossible for one, Lucifer would build up his army of willing servants and abominations alike in preparation for the day he longed for beyond the imaginable.

God, who had taken Lucifers threats lightly, finally came to realise this, but it was too late. No longer able to directly destroy Lucifer, he made a bold move: he would trust in the good of mankind. He picked 3 lost souls trapped as prisoners in Lucifer's dungeons and gave them the opportunity to change the world, to destroy the fallen angel...

---

Coming soon!

Attachments

• FallAngelPreview256x256.jpg
    FallAngelPreview256x256.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 608
Status
Not open for further replies.