• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #4 - Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
It's closed, I imagine.

Anyhow, redscores, as raging said (but more concisely here), our goal was effects over looks. Perhaps we should've increased the eyecandy a bit, I don't know, but that wasn't where we were trying to go. We were trying to make an entertaining and generally enjoyable map.

And yeah, constructive criticism is appreciated, but it would be nice if you could actually stick to the criticism at hand if so: I don't see what spell placement strategy has to do with visuals.

On a side note, the "death" bug might have to do with the Death Time on the units, but I can't say for sure (Though in that case, I'd think it would happen to everyone).

Level 40
I agree with you, but for one, good effects is subjective, for two, we had a limited amount of time (due to major slacking at first) and way more to do, and third, spammy effects can detract from gameplay, by hindering it (obscuring, distracting or otherwise).

For example, you may have loved the camera angle in Ice Forge (I assume you do, as you put it in), but I found it very obstructive to view and gameplay. The same applies for special effects (see some of the fancier spells GUIers love to make), 'cinematic' terrain, and many other things.

Level 17
Just wondering, when can we expect the results of this contest? I don't expect it to be done in a short week but I would just like to know the average waiting time.

To bad the poll closed though, a lot of people told me they liked mine and kewlthis best, but they could not vote anymore.. xD Ah it doesn't matter.

I bet ragingspeedhorn is going to win, he just has this aura of winningz. He can't lose, his aura denies it! xD =:D

Level 13
I think its too bad there aint any room for conversation. I think I was being totally RIGHT and wasnt doing anything wrong in anyway, but the poll was closed. Only redscores was being a bit rage mode, but atleast I wanted to see where the poll would have gone.

Well whatever the results gona be im fine with it. I already got my yber naruto map going on :)

haha that win aura. spot on....as money attracts more money so does rep attract more rep :)

Level 14
The truth is that if someone were to properly moderate things instead of just close topics, there would be a lot fewer entries in the contests in general (this one in particular). As a matter of fact, the only team I haven't seen flame and bicker and break several site rules is Poot/Raging. They'd win by default, then.

Anyways, you can continue discussion here if you'd like, but be careful lest this be closed as well.

Level 13
The truth is that if someone were to properly moderate things instead of just close topics, there would be a lot fewer entries in the contests in general (this one in particular). As a matter of fact, the only team I haven't seen flame and bicker and break several site rules is Poot/Raging. They'd win by default, then.

Anyways, you can continue discussion here if you'd like, but be careful lest this be closed as well.

Unlike you I can understand how redscores feels when people vote for popularity. We have worked 2 months on our maps so you shouldnt post on things that you dont even know anything. 35 > 10 > 9 wievs or something. Even purpleloot agreed that some votes were cast by popularity, so its only natural it makes you a bit angry.

What you mean by proper moderation? By judging the contestants fairly? Why would it lesser the entries. It would be the same, exept less whining.

Level 14
Man, I never said anywhere that I didn't understand where he was coming from. What I said was that he was breaking the site rules in how he complained. That's a totally different point, sheesh.
kewlthis said:
What you mean by proper moderation? By judging the contestants fairly? Why would it lesser the entries. It would be the same, exept less whining.
As far as I'm concerned, breaking site rules persistently in a contest thread would get you disqualified.

Level 13
I have never seen any rule that would make any of these submissions disqualified. Making up own rules? Why would breaking site rules disqualify anyone lol. Before you only got -rep at most, so you would be taking punishment to the extreme if you would be disqualified by small flaming.

and most ridiculous of all if we would be disqualified cause my teammate flamed me.

As now you get banned more easilly so fractions come more powerfull and sufficient answer to flaming.

Level 17
I have never seen any rule that would make any of these submissions disqualified. Making up own rules? Why would breaking site rules disqualify anyone lol. Before you only got -rep at most, so you would be taking punishment to the extreme if you would be disqualified by small flaming.

and most ridiculous of all if we would be disqualified cause my teammate flamed me.

As now you get banned more easilly so fractions come more powerfull and sufficient answer to flaming.

Urg, this again, you know I'm right about you making weird decisions and having a very short memory span plus making thinks up.
Not very nice of you,now is it?

And leave me out of this darn it!
Your flame warz is non of my business.

EDIT: Stop it kewlthis, don't get me started. I'm not going to reply to yet another of your flaming attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.