• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Contest #1 - Free theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Level 8
I am so pissed right now!
All day I've been working on my campaign, and as I was finishing the last cinematic in the first chapter, a power outage occurred. I haven't saved, and all that work is gone.
I'll be damned if that stops me from finishing this, I'll go make some coffee and resume my work.

Level 9
I've got a relevant joke!

Once God got tired of Jesus and Satan always arguing so he said that they will have a contest of who is best at using computers. they did all kinds of work from 3D modeling to making a spread sheet, when suddenly... the power went out. Satan freaked out, he screamed and yelled and said every curse word in Hell. But upon seeing Jesus' calmness Satan asked 'why isn't he mad?', 'Jesus...' God replied '... Jesus saves'.

Well anyway, almost all of the systems I'm using in my campaign are done and I can start work on the real levels soon.

LOL, airhead. xD

Two "promo shots" of the 2nd chapter. (They're edited)

Attachments

• Stranded II PS.png
    Stranded II PS.png
    856.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Stranded II I PS.png
    Stranded II I PS.png
    681.6 KB · Views: 155
Level 9
Ok I know how much people hate this but, instead of pictures or whatever, I made a demo map! haha don't worry it only took like 10 minutes so it wasn't any time that i could have maybe finished a real map.

There are no quests in the demo map, you must simply kill all of the enemies that are capable of attacking.

Attachments

• Demo map.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
Level 8
Been wasting time on loading screen past few days. And after about five screens made in diablo, warcraft and random stiles, I've deleted them all and made this one just now. There are still some spaces I'll will up, and some minor alterations all around, but, more or less, this is it. And honestly, I like it.

attachment.php

Yes, the main character is a dreadlord... or so it seems...

Attachments

• HyperActive_DPTF_LoadingScreen.jpg
    HyperActive_DPTF_LoadingScreen.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 292
Level 8
Some pics from intro and the first chapter. Not much, but hey, maybe now someone else will post their progress :).

attachment.php

attachment.php

Intro isn't much, as I made it in one day, it explains the story and that's it.
Now I'm on chapter two. Just a bit more and I can move on to chapter three. Then all that remains is the credits map, and I'm done. I may make a submap, if I have enough time.
I'm a bit disappointed cause I wanted to make five playable chapters, but now can only menage three. If should still be fun. And who knows, maybe I manage to make four.

EDIT: Yeah, now i see that the demon interface isn't used in the intro, gonna fix that right up. Stupid small mistakes!
And as for credit: unwirklich for the UI, Dionesiist for the Dreadlord texture and Ogre Butcher model and texture, Critz. for Ogre Butcher animations, KrewLRain for the Spellbreaker texture. But that and more will be shown in the campaign as I've already mentioned.

Attachments

• ss1.JPG
    ss1.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 400
  • ss2.JPG
    ss2.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 435
Level 8
*sigh* it seems that campaigns that could be finished will be rpgs :/

Any other kind?
Like my previous campaign, this will include both rpg missions where you can control only your heroes (after all, the story evolves around them), but also melee missions where your mission is to create an army and defeat the opposing one. Just like a Blizzard campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.