• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rafia: Blackwind Mountains and Necropia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
OOC: i am going to be away for some weeks now. So Dragonson, i give you (a power you already have) the right to control my char, if you want him to speak try to do examination of my other posts and try to "find" my character. if you don't want him to speak, just use him as a weapon.

Se you all in some weeks.
Good luck.

Level 6
OOC: i vote for pause, it seems the best if you are going to be in Krakow. Wonderful city, remember to visit the gardens, they are awesome.
have a nice journey.

Level 1
OOC: Umm so should i create char now or wait for pause to end? And btw can you just tell me if there are any special rules and what is happening atm? I dont wanna scroll through 154 pages to see what is going on. :)
And Dragonson could you make me 1 of those signatures? :)

Level 17
Name: Sestina Lamente
Race: Sky Elf
Class: Ranger
Age: When you are as old as she is, concepts such as counting the years do not appeal to you as much.
Description: Sestina’s appearance epitomizes the grace and beauty that all sky elves are reputed very well for. She stands modestly at 6’1” with attire that highlights her feminine and delicate physique, yet in battle, she is as dexterous and fierce as a stalking feline. Ivory hair shimmers past her neck and down to her lower spine where it curls slightly while two orbs of decadent sky-blue nest underneath her crown. Sestina has the face of a cherub: outstanding crimson lips, skin as soft as velvet and a fragile nose.

During a raid on her regiment, Sestina tasked herself with the defense of the last sorceress in her regiment. All went well as her arrows peppered the enemy ogres; however, one managed to break the ranks, and charged straight for the sorceress. Sestina, a mere ant compared to the ogre, was pummeled into a nearby rock, knocking her head and eliminating her from the battle. The last thing she heard was the screams of her regiment as ogres crushed them into nothing.

To this day, she is unable to remember anything before that day but the war cries of her regiment. Sestina feels constantly alone, as if her mind was a void - all of her efforts, her training, and her race, forgotten. The only thing she finds solace in is her bow, which had been snapped in the battle, which is a constant reminder that she was once a champion of some sort. Her story starts in Rafia, the lonely place in which she awoke from that terrible nightmare.

I've added a few things on since last time...

Level 6
OOC: I have returned, but will leave on Wednesday for then to return on Sunday evening.

I don't know what i should chose. But i agree with Phoonix so i say yes, lets continue.

Dragon, if you want you can take control over me wile I'm away.

Level 8
sorry guys :/ i'm gone for two weeks starting Friday, however if someone wishes he can control my character for a bit.

Level 27
OOC: Sozry guys! Computer breakdown! :S
Fixed now, and i'l be active for atleast a week now (unless my computer breaks down again) and then i'm off for another trip.

We can start again now. All players are at the Brenrok gates, everyone exept SoL is just at the moment arriving.
This does though NOT count for the two newly joining players.

@MadHamster
Yes. Yes you can.

@Wolfe
I really like the new additions to your story. Approved.
Now... i have a question for you:
Do you want one of the rare Arrow Soulblades (I'l explain how they work if you chose it) and have your bow as primary weapon or have a Melee soulblade and have your bow as a secondary weapon?

Level 5
OOC: I lost track of what was happening at the gate, are we just all standing there and nothing has happened?

Level 17
Hmm... I'd prefer my bow to be my primary weapon, so I'll have to go with the arrows soulblade.

Level 27
OOC:
@grygon
The group that had been exploring the dungeons with Vall just arrived.
SoL is just about to be let in by the guard.

@Wolfe (You changed your name? O.ô)
Okay, let me explain how an arrow soulblade works:

In rafia, archers are a very rare sight (atleast among all other races than wood elves).
This is due to the fact that most people use their soulblade as their only weapon, and train only in one type of combat.

Now, some people have special Soulblades called Arrow soulblades.
These soulblades are essentially just arrow tips, but are referred to as arrows.

When one of these blades are attached to a arrow shaft, they change shape depending on the type of wood and buoyancy provided by the arrow shaft. Feathers in the same color as the tip also appears on the arrow shaft.

When a such arrow is shot from a bow, it will automatically return to the shooter once it hits the target. Usually they will materialise on the bowstring, ready to be shot a second time.

Sometimes, if a archer is skilled enough, a arrow soulblade will split up into multiple arrows, allowing the archer to shoot at high speeds.
Such archers are called Wind Readers.

Level 27
OOC:
@Sestina
Soulblade:
Lokh'Urka (Stonefang):
Stonefang is one of the rare Arrow Soulblades, and has a slightly blunt arrowhead to cause maximum impact.
While the arrowhead is white the arrow feathers seem to be the same as those of a pheonix, and a small trail of fire allways follows the arrow when it flies throught the air.

On a site note Wolfe, you start the game with your charecter travelling through Blackwind mountains.
You have been heading for Fort Brenrok for a couple of days, and you are well aware that the place not long ago got itself some new owners. You can arrive at the fort whenever you feel it to be best.

Level 6
OOC:
I am going on a viking reenactment today and going to be back on Monday, after that I (hopefully) ain't gonna do anything. And you may control me Dragoon.

IC:
Zarator followed the others into the fort "I'm gonna rest a bit, if anyone needs help form me just wake me up." He said before heading to the villa.

Level 10
OOC:
Do dragons name themselves, Dragonson, or do they accept whatever name is given to them?

Mourg yawned. He had quite a bit on his list of things to do, and before a siege came along he had better clear some of them up. He looked around for Vall, meaning to question him about the sword he had picked up.

Level 17
In a clearing not so far from Fort Brenrok...

After an hour of sunrise, rays of beautiful sunshine proudly shone over the dense woodlands around Fort Brenrok. The stronghold was but an island in a glorious sea of trees. As the sky ignited with light, all life awoke in the mountain ranges. In a clearing, a group of traveling merchants begin to pack up and finish their long and treacherous journey to Fort Brenrok. Amongst this pack of nomads, a cloaked woman began to pack her own provisions. She had been with these people for a week or so, she did not count. They accommodated her well and provided her with food, water and a fresh bundle of supplies. Their hospitality amazed her, especially because she was such a stranger to their group. Amazed as she was, it was time that she and the group make tracks. For them, it was a life of profit and gambling, but for her, who knew? But that was the thing, who knew? Who knew who she was? Who knew who her purpose in life was? Who knew why she was here? Her head was clouded by questions, all of which no one could answer. She knew only three things: she was a Sky Elf, she was a ranger of some degree and that her first name was Sestina.

The group began their descent downhill and into the plains in which Fort Brenrok stood. Sestina followed with watchful eyes. She was determined to discover who she was, and Fort Brenrok may be just the place to start...

((My apologies - this isn't the most glamorous introduction, but I'm a little unmotivated at the moment.))

Level 27
DM: Awareness: Roll (1d6): 2.
Suddenly, a loud and rough voice shouted "Halt!"
Sestina looked up, and found the group surrounded by Drak'Ron warriors.
Among them were a few mages, all ready to fill the air with fire if nessecary.
The Merchants froze, not wishing to cause the wrath of the Drak'Ron.
A tall Drak'Ron with a claymore (the sword, not the gun. -.-) walked out in front of the group and examined the travellers closely.

OOC:
The Drak'Ron are a sub-race of Dragonkin that live underground in Blackwind Mountains.
On a recent trip the Lords of Brenrok slaughtered a big deal of them.

Level 17
Sestina tilts her head to the hard ground, her ears twitching. She recognized the creature by the crunch made by its foot mashing the stony path. It was a sound she knew well, but obviously not well enough, for she would have remembered it otherwise. Her breath was quick and drawn silently, her body anticipating something, her hand slowly reaching for her bow within the azure cloak.

Level 17
Sestina adjusts herself, her arms stretched long. She lets the arrow go, hoping that her past talents suffice.

((Still kind of adjusting to this whole roll dice system. xD))

Level 27
DM: Ranged Attack: Roll (1d6): 6.
Rolling Crit Chart: 5. Pwn!
As Sestina shoots the arrow at one of the mages she suddenly feel some kind of eldritch power flowing through her. When the arrow hits, she has allready pulled the string and aimed at the next mage.
She manages to take out three mages before they can even react.

DM: +8 to all Rolls Until end of Combat.

OOC: Lucky start, i must say. :p

Level 17
A flow of adrenaline begins to stream through her veins. It was a feeling of battle, of valor and pride. It was something so familiar and enthralling to her. Her body turns to face the merchants as they scatter off the road. All around her, the opposition is startled. She's used her only advantage - the element of surprise. Now was the time for real work. An arrow materializes in her hand. She raises it and aligns it with her bow. Her target - the Drak'Ron warlord.

((Yeah, I know. ^.^ Let us hope luck serves me well for the rest of the battle.))

Level 27
OOC: Wolfe, are you sure you didn't microwave my dice or something? You just critted, again.

DM: Ranged Attack: Roll (1d6): 6.
Rolling Crit Chart: 4. Extra Dice.
Rolling Extra Dice: 4. (10)
Sestina shoots another arrow that flies through the air...
DM: Dodge: Roll (1d6): 2.
...and hits the unsuspecting Drak'Ron warlord in the left shoulder.
He lets out a roar of pain and snatches one of the Nearby mages' staffs.
He points it at Sestina and speedily mumbles the words "Shorek Mishoren Kishfor!".

DM: Spell Check: Roll (1d6): 4.
A sphere of green fire appears at the tip of the staff and flies toward Sestina at a frightening speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.