• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rafia: Blackwind Mountains and Necropia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Niahcluc had finally found a torch and he ran back to the walls.
''Four archers, come with me!"' he shouted, which was followed by a couple of militia following him downstairs to the torch. He tried to lift it up with all his strength and bring it up to the walls where he would hold it and the archers would use flaming arrows to burn the tent..

Level 20
"Damn it Vall, this is futile. We should evacuate the fort. They outnumber us, they are more disciplined and have mage support. I'm no general, but I think it's a safe bet, any non-Drak'Ron are going to struggle to make it out of this alive!" Lucien hissed at the spectre(?).
He looked round wildly and swore. It was getting dark, only one side might benefit from that and he was convinced it wouldn't be the defenders.

Level 27
DM: Army Attack - Archery: Roll (1d6 + 8 for Circumstances): 6. (14)
Rolling Crit Chart: 6. Übarpwn.
As Lucien hissed at Vall, Niahcluc's brilliant (though still affected by a great amount of the rare resource known as "Luck") tactical move bore fruit.
As the arrows hit the tent and ignited the cloth, a huge explosion swallowed the tent and six hundred Drak'Ron foot soldiers.
The archers cheered.
"Futility is not a word i like to keep in my vocabulary. Please stop reminding me of it's existance."
Vall said as he landed on the wall.
"Lucien, we can win this battle.
I can call reinforcements from both the Towershield Family and the Lifegivers.
But we need to take out the Drak'Ron mages before i can get any kind of message through.
"
Vall raised his left hand skywards, and a gray lightning struck down amongst the Drak'Ron forces, scattering them and killing a few of them.
"And if nothing else, i'd say you and each of your friends can take out atleast a hundred Drak'Ron each."
Vall said with a smile.
"Find a way to deal with the mages Lucien, and i assure you: You will walk away from this battle as a famous, feared and powerfull man."

OOC:
Pro RP'er Tip:
The more doomed you appear to be, the more awesome will it be when you come up with something brilliant or some random dice roll results in a Deus Ex Magina.
I once found my created-within-the-last-ten-minutes charecter pitted against the god of death due to a teammate's failed summoning.
Due to a brilliant move from another teammate and a nice dice roll from my side, we all left the battle as demigods.
I cant promise stuff like that will allways happen, but heck: It's worth a try.
I wouldn't pit you against something semi-unbeatable at this point in the game.

Level 20
Lucien bit his lip. "I'm not looking for fame Vall..." he sighed. "But neither do I want to die today. I'll see what I can do." he nodded whirling on his heel, black coat whipping in the wind. He paced off down the ramparts racking his brain for an idea, trying to recall anything he could about the Drak'Ron.

OOC: Is the front post up to date?
- 50 Miltia
- 15 Mages
Garrison ^^

Need some more tactical expertise fuss, else this could get messy :p

Last edited:
Level 19
He suddenly heard Taiion jumping in who unleashed his magic against the Drak'ron forces.
''A little too fucking late, don't you think!?'' he shouted to him
''Archers, back to your former spots! Come on!''
He ran back snd saw Vall on the walls, and quickly he asked him;
''Any progress on the siege?''

@Grey Nightmare:
Either lure the main force away or wait for them to assault the walls, in which you with a couple of men can attack the mages, assuming they're not capable of melee fighting and hammer and anvil strike the main force. Perhaps TWIF is capable of taking out those mages, too, and if all that doesn't work, I can lead a sally to give you time to take out the mages.

Level 27
OOC: Updated the front post. It was ALLMOST up to date. :p
@TWIF
I made your spell check. It looks like this:
DM: Spell Check: Roll (1d6 +4 for Raw Power): 6.
Rolling Crit Chart: 4.
Rolling Extra Dice: 6.
Rolling Crit Chart: 1.
Now, te thing i'm unsure about is this:
Did you fire while standing on the wall or did you land right in the middle of the Drak'Ron forces?

IC:
"No. None of the Drak'Ron are forming to attack us just yet, but i have a feeling that the dragon rider is going to take the first move."
Vall said as he laid a minor protection spell on Lucien.

DM: +1 Dice to all Defence Checks for Lucien.

Level 27
"At this range only magic could hit him.
And if i'm not too wrong then he would just reflect it back at us.
We need to let him get closer, somehow, and then strike when he's within range.
"
Vall said.
"I could get our mages to set up a shield, but i doubt the dragon would have big problems getting through it."

Level 19
He smiled at Lucien, he really did. He admired the bravery of him, a true hero. He would be remembered for sure.. that is true.
''Maybe you should discuss it with Vall first?'' he then said, his hesitation coming back. Vall was wise, he would know if Lucien should fight or not.

Level 27
Vall nodded, slowly.
"It makes sense. It truly does."
He turned to Lucien and laid his left hand on his shoulder.
"Loras Eternum, Lucien. May Life be With you."
A bright light shone from Vall's hand, and Lucien's Soulblade, Viper, shone brightly with a deep blue light.
"Do you wish to word the challenge to them yourself, or shall I?"

DM: Valor Bonus added for Lucien: +4 to all Rolls.

Level 19
''Stop firing!'' he shouted to his archers as Vall just had agreed with the duel. The militiamen looked surprised and confused, but eventually stopped firing arrows at the Drak'Ron. Niahcluc was sure that the Drak'Ron were also surprised, but they would see.

Level 19
''Open the gates!'' Niahcluc commanded from the walls as Lucien headed to step outside. His men thought of him as crazy to do such a thing.
''Just do it.'' he said, annoyed at the doubt his men had of him. Slowly, the gates rolled open so that Lucien could enter the outside.

Level 20
Lucien strode out purposefully as close as he dared, to what he thought was just inside bowshot range from the walls. Hoping they spoke the same tounge he cleared his throat, spread his arms and cried "Who is in charge here? Who has the might and skill to lead such a magnificent army? I wish to challenge thee, I have sought long and hard for an opponent to match my skills with mettle - in melee combat, I dare say you might be the one."

Level 27
The Dragon roared, and dived towards the ground.
The rider spread out his own wings and jumped off.
"I lead this army. I am Scalekeeper Merghos, Dragontamer by trade and Duke by Name.
Who are you, that dare challenge me in battle?
"
In front of Lucien stod a tall, winged Drak'Ron.
He wore a plated robe that was dyed deep purple, and he held in his hands a great spear with a razor-sharp edge.

Level 20
Lucien held fast. Squinting against the dust wave, caused by the dragons rapid descent. He nodded to the newcomer. "I am Lu- Count Lucien Karvayn, of a distant land, one of which you will be unfamiliar. I come travelling to find an opponent worthy of my skills. Never have I been beaten in one on one combat, melee combat - however, one such as yourself could prove my undoing, what say you?."

Level 27
DM: Melee Attack: Roll (1d6 +8 for Drak'Ron Natural Strength): 1. (9)
The Drak'Ron warlord swings his spear through the air in a great sweep...
DM: Defence Check: Roll (2d6 +4 for Valor): 5 + 1 = 6 (10)
...which lucien easily blocks.
DM: Whirling Defences Activated.
Melee Attack: Roll (1d6 +4 for Valor and +1 for Weapon Bonus): 4. (9)
Melee Attack: Roll (1d6 +4 for Valor and +1 for Weapon Bonus): 2. (7)
Lucien strikes back at the Drak'Ron with frightening speed and cuts the Drak'Ron in the chest two times before jumping backwards, ready to perform yet another act.

Level 20
Lucien grinned slightly until a thought struck him. Winning wasn't what he was here for. Was it? No. I'm here to buy them time. With that he went on the defensive, drawing himself tall and close, legs together. He brought his sword into a deliberately poor defensive position, hoping to draw the beast into a disarming feint.

Level 27
OOC: Seriously guys, these rolls are 100% randomly generated.
No cheating. You're just hellishly lucky atm. :p

DM: Spell Check: Roll (1d6 +4 for Raw Power): 6.
Rolling Crit Chart: 6. Übarpwn!
Suddenly, Lucien felt a great surge of power flowing through him.
His eyes started shining dark blue, and from his back two blue, feathery wings of shimmering light sprouted out.
And as everyone around him watched in amazement, Lucien's Soulblade morphed.
Viper grew. It became slightly longer, the blade becoming just a slight bit more like that of a longsword, but still essentially more like that of a rapier.
The pommel and hilt turned into something that looked more suited for a king than a duelist, but several sapphires charged with energy crowned Viper's handle, so the extravagant decorations were not just for show.
Lucien roared out, and both he and Taiion felt the great amount of energy that had just been let into the battle.

DM: Lucien's voice is now in Blue.
+20 to all Rolls for Lucien until end of Event.
+6 Raw Power for Taiion
+10 Morale for Brenrok Forces
+6 to Viper's Attack Bonus
+2 to Viper's Defence Bonus

Level 20
Power whelmed up in Lucien, rushing into him, flooding his very core and touching his soul. He roared in triumph and took to the air, laughing manically. "A turn of the tide, the odds are no longer ashore". He smiled down at his foe and made ready to dive. "It ends now" Lucien cried diving back down, blade tucked close. With the flood of power consuming his thoughts, he forgot what he was here to do. Here was an opponent who must be defeated. Nothing else mattered. He forgot completely about... buying time.

Level 27
DM: Melee Attack: Roll (1d6 + 20 for Raw Power and +7 for Soulblade Bonus): 4. (31)
Lucien dived down towards his opponent, Viper flying through the air, performing an incredibly swift attack at the Drak'Ron Warlord...
DM: Defence Check: Roll (1d6 +8 for Drak'Ron Natural Strength): 6.
Rolling Crit Chart: 1. Extreme Success!
...which the Drak'Ron Warlord Narrowly manages to block.
"We... Shall... See..." The Drak'Ron Hisses as their blades meet.

Level 27
The Drak'Ron charged towards Lucien, his spear ready to strike.
As he ran, he roared. "Loras, ETERNUUUM!"
His spear started shining brighter than ever before...

DM: Melee Attack: Roll (1d6 +8 for Drak'Ron Natural Strength and +20 for Blessing of the Archbeing): 4. (32).
...and his attack came down like thunder...
DM: Defence Check: Roll (2d6 +2 for Soulblade Bonus and +20 for Raw Power): 5 + 5. (32)
...which Lucien just narrowly manages to block.
DM: Whirling Defences Activated.
Melee Attack: Roll (1d6 +7 for Soulblade Bonus and +20 for Raw Power): 3. (30)
Melee Attack: Roll (1d6 +7 for Soulblade Bonus and +20 for Raw Power): 5. (32)
Lucien strikes back, swift as a serpent, landing two blows on the Drak'Ron's chest, sending him flying backwards.
The Drak'Ron lands on the ground, lying on his back, from which he tries without luck to get up again.

EDIT: OOC:
Yah, Brenrok has stables and about 20 horses.

Also, save the unlocking of ancient energy for after the battle Flat. :p
Beleive me, a way better idea.

Level 19
''Alright, you!"' he shouted, pointing at an archer.
''Fire the first flaming arrow into the air if Lucien is done with his duel. Then, unleash hell at them with flaming arrows. Drop your bows and sally out against the enemy, I only need you to hold for a few minutes. If you can't hold anymore, then flee.'' he commanded, meanwhile pointing at 20 men.
''You come with me and we shall ride out of Brenrok and smash into the enemy from behind, weakening their resolve or even completely route them!''
Niahcluc and his twenty men ran down the walls, grabbing their swords or spears and went to the stables, jumping on their horses. These weren't war horses, but they'd do. Another gate was opened and Niahcluc rode out of Brenrok, trying to get behind the Drak'ron force unnoticed.

Level 20
Lucien landed lightly, folding his animated wings. He wore a sick smile as he paced over to his broken opponent. "You fought well, I am honoured to have been given the satisfaction of.." he trailed off as a strong feeling of 'Deja Vu' washed over him, he gasped and staggered back, slipping in the mud, Viper falling from his grasp. "Not again!" he cried. "I'm SORRY, I'M SO SORRY!" he moaned, falling to his knees.
"Don't... go!"

Level 19
''What the hell is he doing?'' the archer on the wall asked as he looked frowning at the spectacle. ''Should we fire the signal already, or..?''
The archer who was assigned to fire the signal looked also confused, but finally he nodded. He had his arrow set aflame at the torch and readied his bowstring to fire into the air.

Level 19
And as the man fired his flaming arrow into the sky, Niahcluc could see it from his position.
''Go, my soldiers, charge!'' he roared as the cavalry made haste towards the Drak'ron, where a rain of flaming arrows would be brought upon their ranks. After that, the soldiers drew their swords and made it to the gate, preparing to sally out.

Status
Not open for further replies.