1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Path of the Damned Enhanced

Submitted by soviet_00
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Sequel of my Human Enhanced Campaign, if there's some bugs/malfunctions/bad ideas just tell me :)

Use Warcraft 1.27.1 (1.27b) or higher to avoid maps that don't load.

This Campaign is basically the Undead Campaign, but harder and with lots of new things, if you want to replay The Path of the Damned but you want also something new, this is the mod for you!
- Heroes (and creatures) Level Cap raised to 20
- Lots of custom units(Humans, Creeps, Undeads, with both new models and old ones)
- Lots of new custom Items.
- Added a few Side quests in some levels.
- Lots of custom upgrades and custom abilities!

- Falric will again accompany you throughout the Campaign and this time he will be revivable.
Thanks to teozamait for the idea and thanks to TERRY MCDONALD for the map base.

Credits:
Thanks to PrinceYaser, KAIL333XZ, Rolo, Anvil, Direfury, Galadgod, HappyCockroach, Paultaker, Stefan.K, Tranquil , loktar, Novart, Mister_Haudrauf, Murlocologist, Asssssvi, BogdanKry, wingednosering, Panto, Friz88, Sin'dorei300, Mr.Goblin, Eagle XI, Solu9, zbc, San, The Panda, ~Nightmare, MultiGod, Marcos DAB, Traggey, Ceterai, IanMarty, Alpain, nfWAR, mad, Kimbo, Don Valentino, kangyun, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Darkfang , Chaosy, ChosenOne, AesirJenssen,
oh_snap, Kuhneghetz, Chen, Sun gate, Thrikodius, HappyTauren, Ujimasa Hojo, MatiS, skrab, PrMosquito, Windrunner29, John_Drake, Elenai, -Grendel, stan0033, mythic, Kwah and Fuzzyfury for Models/icons.

ChangeLog
1.0.1 - Reduced difficulty in chapter 2.
1.0.2 - Fixed Zulu Bug in chapter 3.
1.0.3 - Minor improvements(Banshees with Death Negation now will have 50% chance to resurrect instead of 25%, Falric now has Aura of Blight).
1.0.4 - Reduced difficulty in chapter 3
1.1.0 - Added new models for: Superior Footmans, Elite Footmands, Champion Footmans, Superior Swordsman, Elite Swordsman, Superior Ghouls, Elite Ghouls, Champion Ghouls, Advanced Barracks, Wizards Sanctuary, Superior Grunts, Elite Grunts, Fire Mages, Orc Barracks.
Changed a few Icons.
Falric now can carry 3 items with him.
Variable difficult levels(easy,normal,hard)
Previews
Contents

Path of the Damned (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Some improvements made. Approved. (previous comments: Path of the Damned Enhanced)
  1. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't want to promise anything but i've started today the project ;)

2. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i'll check it out

3. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok i fixed that bug thanks for the review:peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:

4. masih_julius

masih_julius

Resources:
    Resources:
    chapter 2: I haven't train ghouls or build my buildings and I face a large force.....same for chapter 3, I killed sylvanas and her first attack and started to gather forces and try to build a graveyard and found that she's back with a large force! , same for chapter 5, I don't have problem with their numbers the problem is when they attack , I like hard battles but I guess u should increase duration between the attack waves.

5. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In chapter 2 the first attack should be 6 Superior Footmans(is the same for you right?), you shouldn't have problems with that, the second attack is more powerfull but at that time you should have already built a few ziggurats to defend yourself, i don't know hot to help you because to me it not seems that hard(except chapter 4), try to rely on spirit towers, i made them pretty powerfull when you upgrade them

6. you cant guess my name

you cant guess my name

Resources:
    Resources:
    For some reason, chapter 2 doesn't load in the campaign menu but loads when I launch it in the editor
    Is anybody else having this problem?

7. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Strange... it works for me, wich version of warcraft you have?

8. Ecstasy49

Ecstasy49

Resources:
    Resources:
    The idea is awesome and really liked the updated techtree. Yet there is much stuff to polish:
    1. The item management: there are so many nice items that really had a difficult time discarding (especially on the first three missions). Can you add stash to keep some items or even add a new hero for Arthas's journey (one such idea is crypt lord hero brought from Northrend) or make Falric a hero. Or you can make an item combination system that combines some into a single, powerful one.
    2. So many units use hero glow and therefore lack decay animation. It was difficult to distinguish them from heroes at some points. (Examples: Scourge warrior, warmages, wizards, firemages, etc.) Once removed it will be a lot more visually neat.
    3. All stronger units variations should've different models (there are plenty in hive as far as I observed). You can give elite ghoul a geist model for example. Having different colored units just feels bland. Skeleton behemoths, for example, can be given a bone golem model.
    4. Scourge warrior has a male dk voice and male icon when it is obviously a female? You can give her a classic succubus or dark ranger voice from wc3 and change the icon into a more fitting one.
    5. Attack waves are unrealistic. Even if it's made in hard difficulty, there must be some... relapse period. Consider tweaking it next time. Bonus question: What is 'cheese' for? Does it serve a purpose or just a useless item for a free inventory slot?
    6. Some upgrades need to be renamed. For example, Falric upgrade. It has the same name every time it progresses and looks kinda bland. You can give names like "Strength of Dark Lieutenant", "Advanced Strength of Dark Liutenant", "Unholy Strength of Dark Lieutenant" etc.
    That's all I can recall. Hope you consider and make it perfect. :grin:

9. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like some of your ideas, but i cannot make another hero for Arthas, it would become too simple, they could destroy an entire enemy base without too much difficult(maybe in the early campaign no but later Arthas with all the powerfull items becomes a demi-god :D). For the Hero glow i will remove it if i can, personally it doesn't bother me.
    I will rename falrics upgrades.
    The attacks are different in each level, in some levels the enemy attacks continuously but they are without hero, anyway in the next campaign i will add "normal" difficult because i saw i've exaggerated.
    Cheese is useless, i put it just for a little "easter egg":D.
    I didn't notice Scoure Warrior was a female... i mean, because its an Undead i haven't thought about that, anyway i like the Ranger idea.
    That item management is on purpose, i know it's heart-breaking leave powerfull items on the ground, but you have to make the correct choises:peasant-cool:

10. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Also, for the Superior ghoul elite etc... i couldn't find fitting models, they must be very similar to the ghouls(the geist can be an idea, but i need 3 models), so i just made them a different color.
    Also in the Orc campaign i've already found new models and icons for Superior Grunts etc...

11. you cant guess my name

you cant guess my name

Resources:
    Resources:

12. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try to patch you warcraft, seems like only u have this problem

13. Nabab

Nabab

Resources:
    Resources:
    I very much liked this one and the human one before it, it was very pleasant to be able to buff up those original heroes a bit.
    Just maybe show Falric some love ? It's kind of weird having a semi-hero with no ability at all. No need to make him a beast but maybe a few passives ?
    Right now he's just weaker than pretty much every unit you can train.
    Do you plan to do the same for the other campaigns ?

14. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Falric have a passive, he reduces enemy's armor by 5, also if you upgrade it at max its damage reaches 145 if not more, also its attack speed will be very high, anyway i was thinking to add one active ability maybe in the next update i will create one.
    I'm working on the Orc campaign now, it will take much time because i'm playing a lot with triggers

15. Nabab

Nabab

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh weird nothing shows up for me
    upload_2020-12-3_21-26-19.png

16. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    it doesn't have an icon, also Scourge warriors also have this ability, Falric reduces armor by 5 and scourge warriors by 3. I wrote it in the description

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  17. Nicks

Nicks

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had to edit the 2nd map and give myself a scroll of teleport for 'kel thuzad's graveyard' to make it playable, there's barely any time before that 1st massive attack comes can't even get a graveyard + towers up before they come.

18. soviet_00

soviet_00

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    can you please tell me wich units come to attack you?

19. Nicks

Nicks

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mission 2:

6 riflemen, 6 'superior footmen' and 4 armored soldiers against your 4 not upgraded meat wagons(i kinda like the giant meat weagon with 200 damage though by the way haha) and 4 ghouls.

It takes about 30 seconds to finish the gold mine to give you blight, then it's about 50 seconds for the graveyard but meanwhile that's when they attack. And when you do reach the 'secret' graveyard and come back they've basically killed your acolytes and mostly destroyed the buildings.

It's doable but you'll have to rebuild the acolytes, etc. Also putting 2 paladins with Level 3 Holy light just makes them unbeatable since they'll just heal each other permanently for ONLY 65 mana so I don't know if that's a good idea at all.

If I attack one paladin(one doesn't have divine shield) the other one will just give him 600 health back and if I attack THAT other one(who has divine shield) he will just turn it on and heal the other paladin so it becomes a cycle of boredom. Haven't checked other missions yet.

I'm not one to care about models/terrain that much I love the original campaigns specially when they are modified in different ways. I like the idea so far.

20. AlvinXCW

AlvinXCW

Resources:
    Resources:
    man this one is really hard chapter 1 finished but some minor problem. Arthas can't pass the way behind Tichondrius that leads to the golems so I must cut some of them with ghouls. then I found some Murloc but there is no way to get to them(the one that near the river). then I use the map reveal cheat to find some more creeps to beat and I found some Murloc stuck in the bottom right corner, killed the Murloc but can't get the item (I think it is an orb).
    In chapter 2 it feels like there is no way to win. they sending a giant attack party before I even finish building anything.
    I'm going to play again and find if there is a way to win that chapter :)