• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Path of the Damned - Unholy Ed. 1.111

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Path of the Damned
Unholy Edition

A different take on the classic Undead campaign for RoC, with an updated game mechanic for the undead race, along with new spells for Arthas and Kel`Thuzad and new models for the Elven and Dalaran factions.

The Gameplay
I always thought that the undead on WC 3 had potential to be so much more unique instead of a simple build and train race like all the others. So I made this campaign in hope of creating a breath of fresh air for the shambling corpses. The campaign gameplay focuses much much more on the fact that you are commanding an army of risen dead warriors, replacing the traditional build and train method to something much more dynamic: using your necromancers to raise your soldiers for you, actually giving them the role they are supposed to have in an undead army, that is, to create the army itself.

Quel'Thalas and Dalaran
That's not all, of course, I also decided to address some other issues I had with Path of the Damned, like the elves and Dalaran looking way too much like traditional humans. I spiced things a little bit by replacing most models for both factions, to better fit their theme.

Arthas and Kel'Thuzad
And to finish things up, the Death Knight and Lich heroes (Arthas and Kel'Thuzad) are somewhat lame, they are probably useful on a melee game, but for a campaign, their abilities are way too underwhelming and some really not useful at all or do not have a big enough impact on the game. To fix this I've completly revamped Arthas' abilities, giving him the possibility to choose between three different spell kits (all inspired by WoW DKs) and added some new tricks to Kel'Thuzad.

screenshot-dalaran-png.302288

screenshot-elves-png.302289

Callahan, supertoinkz, Tranquil, -Grendel, Ujimasa Hojo, Alpain, Direfury, HerrDave, MatiS, GooS, NFWar, infrenus, Lichkings slave, San, viiva

Additions
*Added the Bone Runes upgrade, which grants Skeletons resistance to spells, available from mission 3 onwards
*Added the Bone Shell upgrade, which grants Skeletons resistance to attacks, also allows them to be raised again after death, available from mission 5 onwards
*Added a hint message when trying to summon additional skeletons at max supply

Rebalance
*Removed the cooldown from the Swap Runes ability
*To balance the cooldown removal, increased the casting time to activate a rune type by 1 sec
*Increased the max number of Skeletons per Necromancer
*Reset Meat Wagons to their default stats
*Rebalanced Skeletons to be far stronger and Ghouls to be far weaker
*Ghouls now cost only 1 supply
*Increased Frostmourne Hungers cooldown from 3 to 6 seconds
*Winterguard Skeleton no longer has Frostbolt

Bugs and Tooltips
*Arthas will now properly face Sylvanas durig chapter 4 intro cinematic
*Dreadlords are now properly summoned during the first interlude
*Updated Necromancer's description
*Removed the 2/3 and 3/3 creature attack upgrades from mission 3
*Properly replaced all units on mission 7 for the custom ones
*Replaced the Sacrificial Pit in mission 5 to the custom one
*Crypt Fiends can now normally burrow nd unburrow
*Crypt Fiends now properly use the Creature Carapace upgrade
*Frost Whyrms now properly use the Creature Carapace and Attack upgrades
*Updated the Death Runes tooltip, explaining that you must first learn a rune before activating it
*Burrow now work as it should

Todo
*Automatically level up the spells when learning a new rune level (curently you must reactivate the rune in order to properly upgrade the spell)
*Customize the way Abominations are created
*Further cutomize the first mission
*Add means to spawn Zombies (other than the Unholy Plague spell)

So, I hope you enjoy...
Contents

Path of the Damned - Unholy Ed. (Campaign)

Reviews
darkdill
I have to say, this is promising, but there are a few issues. One I'll highlight right now is that the Meat Wagons do little damage to buildings if you direct-target them. I suspect that you were trying to make them less devastating against enemy...
WarcraftLiterature
So I got to the third mission, as promised here is an update. The upgraded tech-tree makes building up quite slower. Having two supply buildings doesn't looks to server any reason at all, mostly because I find their abilities quite useless until this...
darkdill
Speaking of clunkiness, I personally find it really clunky that the Graveyards don't generate corpses themselves. Having to sacrifice your Acolytes to create corpses doesn't feel very good, IMO, and causes your buildings to have to be really...
Aethernum
Ok nice ! Just finish the first mission of Quelthalas. And the problem is not comming from blight ground, it was blighted by my gold mine and necropolis, it’s just I cant build anything else. It saying need blight when there is already. Ok nice to...
nickymagic
I came to the fourth mission so far, and I will write my first impression. In the first mission, I don't feel any change, but maybe it is to get familiar with Arthas new spells. In third mission, you can't build on blight around starting base...
darkdill
That one of being unable to build around the first gold mine is a bug in the map that's even in the base game. Dunno what else to tell you about it. But back to something I'd like to suggest: I think that the Animate Dead ability for the Unholy rune...
Daffa
Do not use the 'Acolytes in Hiding' forces for the necromancer Disable Tichondrius item information Skeletons doesn't invoke Villagers to run Ability doesn't automatically upgrade upon new level of rune learning Sylvanas is still the same old classic...
Level 26
I liked this rework of the original campaign. It's much simpler, reworking the basic concept of the undead tech tree, etc. I also liked, when I met units, that are different faction by faction (Footman -> in Dalaran: Sentry, Etc.). There and there are few bugs (you can't convert Acolytes to Shades example), but there is no game or campaign breaking bugs. I also forgot for the first two chapters, the campaign is recommended to play with 1.29, not with 1.31, but that's my fault, and yes, if someone does not play it, with the recommended version, than there is a campaign breaking bug : build 3 Ziggurats in the chapter 2, I completed every objective, and I cannot process towards chapter three, because the game does not sensed the ziggurats that I builded previously, so I cheated once again... Thank you for the fun, I liked this perspective of yours with the undead.