• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Mapping Contest #4 - 2v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY FINAL ENTRY
Here it is, a little bit rushed, but I think I got all the important stuff covered. I also had no time to playtest it, so if someone could do that for me I'd be infinitely grateful (even though I won't have the time to fix stuff before the deadline).
The idea for my map was to try and make a more open layout (compared to my previous maps which all had tight corridors everywhere), which is kinda ironic because the thematic I went for was underground, so it makes sense to have corridors as opposed to open spaces. Also the map has a lot of aerial-blocking doodads such as spires and arches to limit the effectiveness of air harrass, which I think goes well with the whole underground thematic.

Good luck to all the participants! <3

Attachments

• UndergroundOasis.PNG
    UndergroundOasis.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 168
Level 4
Here is my map.

Overgrown Center

Tested it a bit but wont be able to do so more because of work. Haven't seen any bugs or big problems.
I really liked mixing nature and city, my only regret is there are any city cliffs with grass on them.
Will add a few touches and description later, but before the end of the contest.

Attachments

• MiniMap1 (1).png
    MiniMap1 (1).png
    189.4 KB · Views: 165

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Congratulations @JaleVeliki !

As the final deadline of this contest is approaching, a few explanations about what's goint to happen next:
I will start a thread with the public poll. Because of the confusion at the previous contest, let me remind you that

You are not allowed to vote for yourself in the poll!

Me and the other judges are not allowed to vote either, and now that I've yelled at you I will surely vote anyway by accident.
Remember that you will have multiple votes.

I expect that reviewing the maps takes about as long as the contest itself. I cannot speak for the other judges of course, but I estimate that I will need at least 4 weeks, probably more.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Once the poll thread is up (should happen within 1-2 days after the deadline), this thread will be closed and all discussion will shift over there. There will be a package/zip-file available, containing all the maps submitted for this contest.

Last edited:
Level 4
I'm having a problem: my tavern is only offering 5 heroes but the map is marked as Melee. So I changed the map properties in options to use Melee (latest Patch) Data Set which solves the missing tavern hero problems but now my map is marked as non melee.
I searched for a solution but couldn't find any. Have any of you encountered this problem and if so, how did you solve it?

Level 6
I'm having a problem: my tavern is only offering 5 heroes but the map is marked as Melee. So I changed the map properties in options to use Melee (latest Patch) Data Set which solves the missing tavern hero problems but now my map is marked as non melee.
I searched for a solution but couldn't find any. Have any of you encountered this problem and if so, how did you solve it?
I solved it through switching to english world editor. Apparently with other languages - or at least some - the normal melee initialization trigger is not recognized as normal and thus triggers the melee yes/no check to a no which then brings you back to a patch version prior to Alchemist, Firelord and Tinker, when the Tomb of Relics still sold Clarity Potions and before Brexit.

Level 29
I solved it through switching to english world editor. Apparently with other languages - or at least some - the normal melee initialization trigger is not recognized as normal and thus triggers the melee yes/no check to a no which then brings you back to a patch version prior to Alchemist, Firelord and Tinker, when the Tomb of Relics still sold Clarity Potions and before Brexit.

yes I think it takes it as custom triggers have been used.

Level 4

I am using the English editor, so that sadly doesn't solve my problem. :(

Level 29
How about a boats map which the AI can fully traverse?
How about a boat instead of zeppelin?
How about some more micro? :)

Here is my entry - (4) Vile Reef
Safety upload, going to keep updating it in the next couple hours, more info soon.

lift anchors, set sail and Ahoy!!

16 entries, all aboard!!, good luck everybody see you soon in the poll thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Here's the zip-file with all entries as I'm about to send it out to the other judges. I hope I didnt miss a submission. Please tell me if notice anything wrong.

Poll should be up probably later today (european time).

Attachments

• Melee Mapping Contest 4.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 209
Level 2
We got one experienced caster, one experienced player and one experienced map maker in our jury. I think that will provide us with a multifaceted set of reviews.

Hi2chaco is neither of those 3 things.
Here's 3 things which he is though: DELETED BY MEDERATOR.
He's hit the trifecta in that regard.
Unsure how this 'person' has achieved judge position in the first place, do you reckon he's good for something because he gets some amount of viewers on his twitch? I can assure you, those viewers he does not accumulate because of anything positive in his personality or skillset. its simply because he is getting autohosted by back2warcraft, which im assuming he pays them for.

Just look at his cast or judging or overall mannerism for yourself before letting him judge future cups lul, thanks, i find it a bit too embarrassing right now.

POST EDITED BY MODERATOR: Please refrain from calling a member out like that in public.

Level 29
Hi2chaco is neither of those 3 things.
Here's 3 things which he is though: sellout, noob, loser.
He's hit the trifecta in that regard.
Unsure how this 'person' has achieved judge position in the first place, do you reckon he's good for something because he gets some amount of viewers on his twitch? I can assure you, those viewers he does not accumulate because of anything positive in his personality or skillset. its simply because he is getting autohosted by back2warcraft, which im assuming he pays them for.

Just look at his cast or judging or overall mannerism for yourself before letting him judge future cups lul, thanks, i find it a bit too embarrassing right now.

this thread is now somehow inactive and it should have been closed by the mod (@Naze)
so we are not posting here anymore, if you want to post your opinion regarding something, and generate a debate.
Melee Mapping contest #4: 2v2 - Poll

the poll thread is where to post

the protocol is that:

contest thread then close when poll is up
poll thread then close when results are up
results thread, open till a long time.

Poll is up: Melee Mapping contest #4: 2v2 - Poll

@Naze you can close this thread now. See you all over there!

best regards

Edit by Heinvers: Thread closed and archived!

Status
Not open for further replies.