• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of Bugs & Issues for 1.30.1+

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
When you open the advanced interface menu in editor and switch between maps via the windows menu, the interface menu isn't updated to the opened map.
Not pretty sure what you're saying but switching between maps via the Window on the top bar works for me on 1.31.1 back and forth.

EDIT: Ah, I understand. If you do the switch while having the Game Interface window opened. Yes, indeed, the window doesn't update to the newly opened map. It happens regardless if you open the other map via the Window Mode option or not, meaning the issue is present always if you open a new map over another loaded map.
Same happens if you close the map and the other one is switched to automatically. And then, the editor crashes if you try to edit the unupdated Game Interface window.

Last edited:
Level 20
Major bug : The Goblin Tinker's Engineering Upgrade ability is bugged, it causes the hero to lose all his learned abilities after he's reloaded from the campaign game cache, not only that be he also loses his skills points making it impossible to restore his abilities.

Edit : The only solution to this problem for now is to reset all his abilities with the "Tome of Retraining" and modify the skills points.
That's been in the game ever since Engineering Upgrade was put it. It doesn't survive the game cache and wasn't meant to (especially since it only shows up in Melee maps normally; it was never used on any custom map made by Blizzard).

Level 2
I am not sure if this has been posted, but I'm seeing it nowhere and its kind of a big issue. Customly defined buff art is not being displayed, it is instead displaying the art of the base ability used. The custom buff text and name remain intact however.

Level 18
When a timer restarts around 5485000 times (this takes just over 9 minutes with the minimum interval of 0.0001), the game crashes. Tested on both jass and lua, and with both TimerStart and TriggerRegisterTimerEvent natives.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
One can place two of the same colour start locations by editing the player/owner of another player's start location.
twostartlocationssame.png

Items that have active abilities can't be used if those abilities aren't placed "first" in the item's ability list.
I think it's always been that way. Probably the game's way to tell which ability is considered active (in case someone ever puts 2 active abilities on an item)

Level 18
The native BlzGetFrameByName behaves differently in jass and lua. When called in lua, it will NEVER return null. Test maps included.

Attachments

• TestJassUIFrameByNameNull.w3x
    16.1 KB · Views: 110
  • TestLuaUIFrameByNameNull.w3x
    15.7 KB · Views: 101

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Items that have active abilities can't be used if those abilities aren't placed "first" in the item's ability list.
I think it's always been that way. Probably the game's way to tell which ability is considered active (in case someone ever puts 2 active abilities on an item)
That is not entirely the case. If an item as two active abilities the first to be used is the first ability in the list - but if that is not available (e.g. in cooldown) then things get a bit more complicated.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
This map
Good & Evil II Between Worlds V 0.6 For Patch 1.30.4 wc3
crashes in the custom games selection screen on the x64 version for some reason. I think it might be a memory stacking related issue since 1.31.1 is kind of known for memory buildup during long playthroughs, however, this happens before even starting the map. The map is big over 300mb and is not a campaign.

Reported by DrakPanda on the thread.

Actually it was first reported by cleavinghammer (post) and the author knew about it working on x86 (post).
I can confirm the issue.

EDIT: more info: post.
Basically the editor crashes when saving that map on 1.31.1 x86_x64 but not on the x86 editor version.

Last edited:
There seems to be an issue with keyboard detection and the left mouse key.
I found a post on the blizzard forums explaining the issue, basically pressing the left key blocks keyboard input for a trigger. I found this out while trying to test a top-down shooter concept, unfortunately has failed due to the limitations created by this issue.

BlzTriggerRegisterPlayerKeyEvent and TriggerRegisterPlayerMouseEventBJ

Edit: Attached a file which can easily demonstrate the issue. Just hold down left click and try to press an arrow key, no message will show.

Attachments

• Protect the House Shooter.w3x
    123.8 KB · Views: 103
Level 18
If you create a trigger with event EVENT_PLAYER_CHAT, and you then destroy this trigger after the event has fired at least once, everything just stops working.
This was tested on 1.31 and happens with both jass and lua. Obvious workaround would be to use TriggerRegisterPlayerChatEvent instead.
I have included a testmap, where issuing an order shows a message, and the trigger is destroyed or recreated every three seconds. You can see that the messages no longer appear after triggering the bug.

There seems to be an issue with keyboard detection and the left mouse key.
I hope this gets fixed soon, using right mouse button instead as a workaround is a bit annoying, and for some maps you simply need both mouse buttons.

Attachments

• WeirdBug.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 68
Level 18
The following crashes the world editor:
Lua:
texttest = [[
// %%% SetCampaignMenuRace is deprecated.  It must remain to support
]]

Level 2
As of today, 19.01.20:

Chaos Space Orc model file is not in the editor and is replaced with a duplicate of "Marine" model file, that is called "Terran Marine" (there is no difference between this two model files, terran marine still follows the old path for chaos space orc Units\Critters\ChaosSpaceOrc\ChaosSpaceOrc.mdl).

UI icon that corresponds to Chaos Space Orc path is also called "Terran Marine" now, but correctly shows an icon for Chaos Space Orc instead.

Expected result: Chaos Space Orc has a Reforged model.

Pls fix.

Level 1
Two bugs:
  • Crow and bear form change to the bear and crow model even if you change the "Alternate form unit" to a custom model
  • Unit value "Art - Maximum pitch angle (degrees)" can no longer be negative and has no effect whatsoever

Level 28
I know they are not the same, but normally that condition should consider the ability nonetheless. I mean if you have a unit group with units that can reincarnate and make a trigger that checks when all those units are dead, it will be problematic.

Eye

Eye

Level 2
The World Editor removes the whole "Temp" folder on Windows 7 with launch and on exit. It recreates the folder when testing the map, although sometimes, when map was not saved before pressing the test button, it does not, thus throwing an error window.
"Open Document" and "Tool Palette" windows always have the default size, position and state.
on reforged, still present.

Level 6
anyone know how to fix that bug in reforged , becouse people doing some wallktrough on yt dont have that one.

thrall model is missing in prologue missions and i want to fix this

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Creating an FX attached to a unit (hands for example) using a custom model (like a sword) will make the FX model disappear after some good seconds upon destroy FX trigger action whilst if the FX is ran as the buff (of say, Bloodlust), it will immediately disappear when the spell finishes acting.
This happens to models without a death animation.

Last edited:
Level 20
Creating an FX attached to a unit (hands for example) using a custom model (like a sword) will make the FX model disappear after some good seconds upon destroy FX trigger action whilst if the FX is ran as the buff (of say, Bloodlust), it will immediately disappear when the spell finishes acting.
This happens to models without a death animation.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but that sounds like normal behavior to me?

Level 20
I don't understand why the model stays for some seconds before disappearing when using the destroy fx trigger while disappearing immediately when that model is used as a spell's buff fx when this latter disappears.
It stays because there's no Death animation. Buffs handle everything dealing with them themselves (eg it only applies when the buff is still on the unit).

Level 19
I don't understand why the model stays for some seconds before disappearing when using the destroy fx trigger while disappearing immediately when that model is used as a spell's buff fx when this latter disappears.
gameplay constants - effects death time - 5 by default
effects with no death will be only removed after those 5 seconds

Level 17
Cannot get the Reforged editor to actually Rename an item via triggers. Once it did actually rename it for no apparent reason, but upon 2nd test it just sat there once again as "Heart of Searinox" instead of "Greatsword" no changes between.
yes, the function doesnt work. sadly, this issue exists for several months now and is still not fixed.
there are many other functions that dont work

Level 4
Play music from offset, as well as play theme from offset don't work. The music / theme plays from the beginning.