• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they cannot because then they lose 4:3 support. Welcome to the pain of supporting different aspect ratios!
Likely a bug, similar to how timer dialog, leaderboard and multiboard are not anchored to the top right of wide screen.

Oh yeah?

This is how it should be. Not black stupid damn bars. What about widescreen loading screens for custom maps? Huh?

Attachments

• 105944-1455619527-8dd0d1605d4c3b2688150a91dec212fe.png
    105944-1455619527-8dd0d1605d4c3b2688150a91dec212fe.png
    850 KB · Views: 234

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
This is how it should be. Not black stupid damn bars. What about widescreen loading screens for custom maps? Huh?
It works for that model. But look at the Illidan cinematic and it clearly does not work. The models need to be rearranged and if they do that then they may lose 4:3 support.

Loading screens are another problem. In StarCraft II they had a variety of loading screen modes to support both 4:3 and 16:9 ratios with non distorting scaling, as loading screens were literally a still image the game could position. I doubt WC3's simple load screen mechanic is flexible enough to do that as it uses models.

Level 5
I found another native item tooltip bug.

When I use SetItemExtendedTooltip, it causes crashing in my map when the map is restarted, so I made a test map to figure out what it was. I have it consistently crashing but I seriously have no idea why. Some weird stuff going on, you'll see if you check the map out.

I've documented the test map so you guys can see for yourself.

Anyone know what's going on?

Attachments

• Native Tooltip Bug.w3m
    17.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Hey people I don't kow if thsi is for here, but I want to give feedback to blizzard what can they add to improve the game!

There are more things which Blizzard could add to the editor:

- spell casting delay(if Casting time is not 0)
- fix move region. A exampel taht once someone showed is that if i mvoe a region it does spawn an effect on the old position.
- for abilities add - change tooltip, change damage, and all other things that an ability has. (manipulate spell.
Plus, I think in the action event there must be a separate buttons for abilities.
- allow multiple leaderboards?
- Add an easier GUI way to handle local units, effects, doodads etc.
- Add a GUI function to load external files - txt, sound, pictures
- Add a GUI function to display a text like INKEEPER, on the same position with the same bold font, with option for color.
- add GUI function to assign an icon on the minimap for every unit that you want. Right now yo ucan change the icon for all heroes, only.
- add GUI function to rotate a unit in game.
- Add a GUI function to let a unit slide. for example to make CHARGE abiltiies.
- add a GUI function to
- Add a question mark model for quests. I can't find your quest model font, blizzard, otherwise I'd do it myself.
- Add GUI function get nearest unit.
- Increase number of possible TIERS in gameplay constants?in act
- Allow in GUI to lock resource trading for a single player rather than everyone.
- add GUI function to disable Esc key. more here Tips and Tricks for the Cinema
- in editor make at elast 2 more morphing abilities that do not have ID conflict. This is useful for people who want to make a unit with many morphing abiliteis.
- add a GUI function to hide a unit's health and mana from the interface.
- It will be great to make GUI functions that do the same as Damage Event - increase/decrease/stop damage taken and be able to work with the numbers.
- add a GUI function to Display images on the screen,, not on the terrain for a player or all players
- add a GUI function to change the minimap image in game and its level of transparancy.
- in the object editor for the spell Channel(used as dummy from all mapmakers for its many fields) add a way to be able to make the spell autocast type and activate/deactivate type.
Also add damage to it.
- add in the editor an option to create Line of Sight, which means that spells cannot be cast when there is any collision objects in the line of sight.
- Currenctly the doodads are not affected by triggers. Only destructible. Change that.
- add a GUI function to make a unit repeat an animation until cancelled. This is now possible with the help of a timer, but not a separate function.
- add a GUI function to make a STOPWATCH - same as timer, but counts time passed, not until 0.
- Make an option in the CAMERA section of the editor to create CAMERA PATH, which allows a camera to move at set speed on this path.
- add a GUI function to calculate the distance of an air unit from the ground.
- add a GUI function to change the level of th terrain in a region.
- add an option in the terrain editor to create cliffs with more than 2 levels without creating additional -1 levels around it!
- for Doodads add GUI function to make untargetable/targetable!
- add a GUI function to change the interface of the player.
- create an option to be able to create more than the default buttons of the default races that appear in the map choosing screen.
- add a GUI function to check the computer difficulty, instead of this [General] - is there a way to detect computer difficulty for computer player slot?.
- In actions>units add <rescued> unit as an option to identify units being rescued
- In actions>units add <set rescue range for unit>
- In actions>units add <set right range of unit>
- In actions>units add <order unit to cast spell_ID>
- In actions>units add <change duration of buff for unit>
- Add an option in GUI to disable an item temporarily from being used from a player
- in GUI add optuion to change the bounty a unit gives
- in GUI add an option a to change the movment type of a unit. (currently if i want to make it fly I add an ability to it)
- in GUI add a condition that checks if players has a unit-type
- Add an option to create 'membranes' on the terrain where only specific units can pass through or not pass through
- create an ability for objest Editor that allows the unit to respawn. the problem with Reincarnation is that the unit is not really flagged as dead.
- in GUI add an option to change the color of a lightning
- create a GUI option to get the biggest/lowest value from number of values
- in GUI add an option to set skip level of ability
- increase the number of abilities that a hero can have in his spellbook
- in OBJECT EDITOR add an option to have an icon for every level of a spell. You made this in upgrades. Why not for abilities?
- add in GUI in EVENTS an event <a unit is revived> and <a unit owned by player is revived>
- Make an option when you roll the wheel of your mosue the camera to not rotate to its default position(assuming that the camera is not the default), but only to close upt the terrain
- add an option in GUI to detect mouse movement.
- Add an event in GUI that reacts when a unit or unit-type receives an order, including when it stops by its own.

Level 13
I found another native item tooltip bug.
Nice! I tested your map, and it even crashes constantly at 1 for me. I also tried to mess it up by attempting to create an invalid item
private constant integer ITEM_TYPES_EDITED_COUNT = 8 // whereas 7 is the maximum allowed; Item types range from I000 to I006.
It looks like the map does not crash when being loaded anymore. However after that, you realize the game gets messed up.

This is what I got after restarting your map
First restart
WC3ScrnShot_030718_101705_01.png

Second one
WC3ScrnShot_030718_101715_02.png

After a 3rd restart, everything "seems to be normal".
I bet something else isn't all right.
WC3ScrnShot_030718_103042_01.png

Last edited:
Level 5
Nice! I tested your map, and it even crashes constantly at 1 for me.

Awesome. Thanks for checking it out. I went back and tried it with the constant set to 1 again. It did crash, but only after restarting 3-4 times in a row first.

With regards to the map just bugging out completely instead of crashing, I also experienced that exact same thing a few times.

I also just tried playing this map in single player, going back to the menu without closing Wc3 and playing a different map. It crashed while loading.

So:
  • I've never had the map crash the first time it's run after opening Wc3
  • If you don't close Wc3 and play another map, it crashes while loading

Level 14
Oh yeah?

I totally disagree it's looks terrible especially with the UI and you dont seem to be aware of amount of smoke and mirrors tactics employed with gluescreen models, it wont work for all of them.
What the hell do you have with the black bars? It's far better than what you shown because it looks as intended. I really cant understand why so many people are complaining about them.... for me Menu can have black bars while ingame is 16:9, it's working alright.
For other things like menues and score screens to be 16:9 we would need to have extremely extensive changes to 2d art and even style of some of them, especially with intricate grate desgins on loading screen bar that reach to the edges. Other thing like Main menu which looks terrible when stretched and i bet it would look hediously with bits of the manu so far apart with all empty space that is totally useless and ugly especially with BNET and lobby/map select screens. Both need either lots of work on the art that may not prove to look well(ingame UI is done very neatly with the expansion and i like how it keeps the 4:3 ratio of the UI with no stretching of moving it off, looks of original ui maintained :) Tho i believe that 4:3 should still be there as a toggle :v
For me menues can stay with black bars to maintain the ratio of the UI and avoid giant issues with artifacts and tricks that were happening offscreen in 4:3, besides with 4:3 support(that would only make ingame ui 4:3 because menues will be shared by both settings) that would run into other issues if we would to edit the models.

Argument aside i have very important issue to report that many water replaceable textures are missing from mpqs together with probably few other textures, like one of dust or glow textures.(i think you can easily see it by comparing the two files because to list them here would be a bit of a chore, for water all textures with prefixes are gone and only water textures without anny prefixes are there. This breaks many models that use them please remember to restore this for full release.

PS: Dont forget to implement something in line with Erkan's Team colour palette* or atleast restore original team colours for release 1.29(LB being LB and not 2nd teal, Purp being purp, and DG and Brown in their correct positions, because someone swapped their team colour textures and this causes loads of issue both graphicly(glow is still correct so it's DG with brown glow on heroes and vice versa for the other) and with identification trigger/editor wise and with commands in countless custom games that use commands to do Alliances.)
Update is great and just need some polish, it's just feedback..... lil urgent because these things are quite important :v

*Bottom of first page in here 24 Team Colours

Last edited:
Level 6
Is the classic games team being kept aware of issues posted in this thread or should the be reposted to the official blizzard forums thread?
Edit: I just saw on the second page that they are aware, sorry.

Indeed, it would make sense that they excluded them from the PTR patch notes since its not representative of the actual patch.

Except it isn't a change per se, therefore it's not even expected to be in the notes at all.

If the idea was to make the client lightweight, which is highly unlikely, it should be mentioned to avoid bug report bloating. It's kind of a workflow thing - you want to let people know something isn't a bug, rather a feature, so you don't end up sifting through false reports. Same goes for bugs you're already aware of.

Last edited:
Level 14
Guys... the missing files are apparent only in PTR to reduce download size. PTR is also missing campaign voice overs too, it was intentional.
That doesnt make any sense.... these tiny water textures are 10 to 14 kb each and there ia couple dosen of them.... they barely go above 1mb bunched all together. How is 1-2mb an issue in this day an age.......?

Level 14
Minor issue not related to 1.29 itself. When race in Scenario properties for players is set to "Selectable" with forces being set to enforce set settings, only Host can change the race, which in case of bots means pretty much noone(game locks it in Random). It's issue that few people notice because no amount of testing it alone in singleplayer or lan will show it, since we are always a host in these circumstances, however on the battle net it's not the case, i think that with this option selected in scenario properties all players in these slots should be able to select their own races as it is meant to be, i have no idea why this issue persisted for so long.

Level 14
Found a bug in 1.28.5 which is probably in 1.29 too.
If you call call IssueImmediateOrderById(GetTriggerUnit(),GetTrainedUnitType()) on a EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_TRAIN_FINISH response.
The building will be from this point considered as training units at all time. Meaning that even the building isn't training you won't be able to upgrade it or cast spells.

bug.PNG

Level 8
also i just realized that when im changing a tooltip per trigger. it doesnt change instantly. the unit HAVE to make an action first. doesnt matter if have to move or something other. he have to do something to make the tooltip change

i made a tooltip based on his strenght. and i change the tooltip each 0.03 seconds. if i pick up an item +3 strenght the tooltip doesnt change. but if i let the hero move or klick "s" (stop) its changing.

dont know if you guys already know this

Level 11
I've been playing a few melee games against AI on 1.29 for the last few days, and I found the melee AI rather crappy:
  • The AI often forgets to pick up items from dead creeps.
  • Allied computer players almost never come helping when enemies are around or when I'm assaulting an enemy base.
  • Once, I even saw the AI send a small group of units with a very low life hero charging against the enemy lines... Well, poor low life Demon Hunter died in 2 sec...
  • There was another time where two of my ally's heroes were stuck next to my base for no reason; they had plenty of room to move, but they just didn't.
  • Sometimes, units controlled by different computer players just pass each other without even noticing anything, even though they're not in the same force.
Has it always been like this? I don't remember very well, I used to play melee games a long time ago, but I feel like it's worse now... Maybe it's just me?

@deepstrasz: difficulty set to normal or hard

Last edited:
Level 14
Sorry for bugging about the colours....again, but brown seems to have have gotten old dark red glow i think. I am very glad of all changes and of how you listen to us just want to make sure all issues are listed so you can iron the bugs out :)
reddishglowonbrown.jpg

Last edited:
Level 14
Another thing, seeing as there are various language version mentioned in the fixes......polish version is just english since ptr 1.29 released, i thought it's same for pretty much everyone. If it's not the case.....shouldnt it be polish for me as it was for reported italian and korean versions?
EDIT: another thing with colours, neutral hostile got player 24/light brown TC

Level 14
Another thing, seeing as there are various language version mentioned in the fixes......polish version is just english since ptr 1.29 released, i thought it's same for pretty much everyone. If it's not the case.....shouldnt it be polish for me as it was for reported italian and korean versions?
EDIT: another thing with colours, neutral hostile got player 24/light brown TC
EDIT2: Player colour presets in triggers only list original 12 and in buggy manner neutral colour that got replaced by dark red.(it's in Unit - Change colour trigger)
unknown.png

Last edited:
I have this rather problematic issue with my Warcraft 3 PTR, although it isn't as much as a bug per se on the game, but on version. As my version stands, the PTR version I have is v.1.29.8803, which is the original PTR. I would like to update it, thus I had tried to go onto battle.net. As soon as I click it, it downloads the data for the update, or so I think it does.

Once the download finishes, I click restart, and the program is closed. Once it does close, the launcher is opened, prompting either to launch or to repair the download. I have tried both options, preferring the launch command over the repair, to no avail.

Now, I tried re-installing the setup tool provided in the updated news post at the Home tab (Made by StopCampingNoob, link to the program goes to blizzard at the bottom), to no result (the version is still the same).

I have also done more volatile procedures, such as manually removing the information associated with the PTR in the Registry Editor (keys and strings), and tried copying the cd-keys (they are valid) I have from my main version to the PTR version, which I kept in different files.

Now, I would consider this thread-hijacking, but I think the issue above might shed some light on some possibilities on the presence of problems with the launcher. Additional information about the download: Maximum internet speed is at around 2~3.3 Mbps, with an abrupt halt at around 50% when downloading the setup tool, which would continue later on.

Last edited:
Level 15
Mafe said:
-There seems to be a general bug with maps with 24 (maybe also fewer) players: Sometimes one or several players spawns in the base of another player instead of an intended starting location. I tested this with 2 other maps, and saw the same behavior. So it seems to be not specific for this map. From the tests I did, I estimate the chance of this bug happening at about 50%.

I'm experimenting same issue on 24 players map test. Quote from (24)Madness in the Barrens!

Level 4
GetLocalUnitZ always returns 0. Pls check/confirm this.
Screenshot
vJASS:
function Trig_Melee_Initialization_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call SetCameraFieldForPlayer( Player(0), CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetLocalUnitZ(gg_unit_ufro_0000), 1.00 )
    call BJDebugMsg(R2S(GetLocalUnitZ(gg_unit_ufro_0000)))
endfunction

function InitTrig_Melee_Initialization takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Melee_Initialization = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic( gg_trg_Melee_Initialization, 0.01 )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Melee_Initialization, function Trig_Melee_Initialization_Actions )
endfunction

Firelords's autocast Incinerate ability is missing some fields which it had at 1.26
Screenshot
Screenshot

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
A friend told me that all invisible detectable abilities dont distinguish invisible units from burrowed units, even if burrowed units is unchecked, it will still count as checked. There is no separation from invisible and burrowed units, and targets allowed don't work too, it always affects all units. Also, the ability Detector (Sentry Ward) cast range doesn't work, meaning you can change the range to whatever you want that it will always detect invisible units in the original radius.
Edit: grammar

Last edited:
Level 14
@Barade You can force everything with Shift in object editor, and when placing doodads, just go ahead and use this :v there is no need to remove limits when we have a way to force through by design already.
With object editor you can put higher values than initial limit or below 0 values to reverse the effects of some abilities for example....like windwalk to slow units down instead of giving speed boost. Doodads can be placed anywhere ignoring collision of terrain and other doodads it's very usefull.

Level 14
I know that but it is still a bug since they increased the limit.
No it isnt xD, there are loads of such minor limits that are meant to keep stuff reasonable, unless you know what you're doing....and that's what is the Shift force for especially if you do negative stats on spells. It's also on scaling and other stuff....it's not a bug

Reactions: pyf

NVS

NVS

Level 2
Timer Dialogs cause leaderboards and multiboards to malfunction when displayed at the same time.

The timerdialog/multiboard issue did not exist in the initial PTR patch (which is the only one I tested). A later update seems to have introduced this behavior, as it is present in `1.29.0.8920 Public Test` as well.

Level 2
I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm the only one suffering from this.
But clicking on the minimap in the editor doesn't move the camera to the clicked position.

Level 2
ready to shoot myself, did they completely remove .mpq preloading? What about maps that are being developed for 5+ years and used custom .mpq to fit in all the data? Nothing like new patch and entire map being covered green, hide ability broken and people screaming new era. Sounds more like retro garena exodus.

edit: ready to give bj to the guy bellow me

Last edited:
ready to shoot myself, did they completely remove .mpq preloading? What about maps that are being developed for 5+ years and used custom .mpq to fit in all the data? Nothing like new patch and entire map being covered green, hide ability broken and people screaming new era. Sounds more like retro garena exodus.

War3Mod.mpq

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
C'mon man, this is old news. They did something with all the MPQs so now they are filed elsewhere or something; the custom MPQ trick doesn't work anymore.

... I'll be honest, I'm just parroting what I've heard. I've actually not tested this myself. But it appears to be true.

War3Mod.mpq
wait wait Wait Wait WaIt WaiT WaIT WAIT

What's this??

wait wait Wait Wait WaIt WaiT WaIT WAIT

What's this??
A mpq an user can place into warcraft 3 (installation), this one is loaded by Editor and Game, it's content also overwrites content from the orignal mpqs if coliding.
The mpq has to be created by the user, on default it does not exist.

Is it just me, or does the editor not allow you to move the camera by clicking on the minimap at the top left anymore?

only clicking the center or currently seen positions seems to to work, but drag and drop works from that point.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I hope they fix the aspect ratio soon. I can't stand the empty void on the sides. I liked it better stretched.

But clicking on the minimap in the editor doesn't move the camera to the clicked position.
s it just me, or does the editor not allow you to move the camera by clicking on the minimap at the top left anymore?
Confirmed!

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
People, please submit test maps with your issues. This will help fix the stuff 100%.

Also the icons.
Are the same in the English version. They're not red so it doesn't look like they're deactivated. However, the strings haven't got that issue in the Eng version.

Some other things:
The scrollbar partially overlaps the ability level up/down arrows when double clicking a unit in the editor (unit properties).

I don't get it, shouldn't they have made a workaround the a unit takes damage event? I still have to add the event for a variable unit through a trigger beforehand. The option is not available for generic units so you'd be able to use the variable unit in a condition (as in Damaged Unit).

EDIT:
It doesn't let me start the game while I have the editor running. It says it can't find my CD-KEY... Shut the editor down and now trying to start the game and I get the same message. Weird thing is that I can start the editor though. I tried running the game through the exes not launcher. It takes more than a minute for the game to start...

When wanting to test a map through the editor I got the message that the map could not be created in Local/Temp for some reason... it might be something related to admin user. Yeah, that was it.

Alright, now the editor started my map but on the RoC version. I chose TfT ingame though and it seems to be working.

Minimizing is annoying. It doesn't work properly. The game is somewhere behind other running programs instead of actually being down in the taskbar.

Having an issue with a custom icon. It might be something related to the path somehow:
IconPathIssue01.jpg IconPathIssue02.jpg
This is the icon: BTNSphereOfAir
Had no issue with this on 1.27.

EDIT2:
Weird thing. So, the game still loads the old disk folders? That's great but I remember them forcing user->my documents. New screenshots go there though. But then the folder but not the file duplicates after playing a map, the other copy being moved to my documents.

Guys, this hasn't been fixed:
UImenuIssue.jpg

Last edited:
Level 17
hi people, just a small bug i found with the new patch.
so apparently while opening a map in the editor i cant use the mini map (aka click on desired location to jump there)

if you could fix that it would be nice.

Level 12
Some imported model/textures aren't working properly, also I can no longer open my map (10+ year project) screenshots below

Gets stuck at 400, tried several editors (also tried 1.29 PTR before the official release which opened fine now it does not)

141bd35819.png

This texture overwrites the default villager You can find the texture here

8ab40f8400.jpg

This is it's own model including a texture, below the model does not appear You can find the model here

a9372568f4.jpg

These are a few models from 2 different perspectives I hope this is enough, I'm pretty sure I use the exact file paths for textures can't confirm since I can no longer open the map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.