• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood of the Demons

"Blood of Demons" - a powerful and determined group of orcs, united by a common goal and led by Blackhand. Enchanted by the influence of Gul'dan, who opened before Blackhand the doors to great power and endless possibilities. His mission is to destroy Shattrath. Your journey begins with the opening of a portal in Azeroth - a world full of mysteries and battles. Blackhand, ready to accept the challenge, unites orc clans scattered throughout this unpredictable world. The orcs, loyal to him, believe in his leadership and join him, ready to fight alongside him in this epic battle.

You will be given the opportunity to play as Fel orcs, who possess their unique arsenal compared to other races. Forces of the Alliance, draenei, and more will stand in your way. "THE PLOT ITSELF IS NOT AN ALTERNATIVE," perhaps partially influenced by my fantasies in its alteration.

At first, I made this campaign in russian, but now I've translated it into English. Not all moments were successfully translated, but I think the objectives of the quests will be clear to you.

Enjoy the game!!!

CREDITS:
On the following websites, I found many of custom models:
hiveworkshop
models - author

Kilrogg Deadeye (Model) - Tauer

LogBridgeSmall45 (Model) - Mephestrial

orcarmor (Model) - Hueter

Purple Nether Drake (Model) - Misha

Naaru (Model) - Hawkwing

Draenei / Eredar Pack (Model) - PROXY

Halo Tree (Model) - Fingolfin

Rohan Doodads (Model) - HerrDave

kutsche (Model) - Borric

Orc Doodad Pack (Lotr) (Model) - HerrDave

LightHouse (Model) - GrimShaman

Depot (Model) - Graber

Elekk Knight (Model) - Hawkwing
Far Seer Pack (Model) - Ilya Alaric
Castle (Model) - Mr. Bob
"Raven Mountain" Model Pack (Model) - ValdionWorld
lebek7 (Model) - FvckTP
Grunts (Icon) - r.ace613
flammer (Model) - RightField
BTNLancelotShield (Icon) - JollyD
Banner_Long_Orc (Model) - Dark Hunter1357
Draenei Haven (Model) - Retera
Horde-Themed Items (Icon) - Blizzard Entertainment
HQ Chest (Model) - Xardian
Draenei Adherent (Model) - Hawkwing
Back Pack (Model) - Grey Knight
Footman - Simple Reskins (Texture) - Reiisen01
BTNFelsteelRavager (Icon) - Heinvers
Voodoo Lounge and Derivatives (Model) - Blizzard Entertainment
Draenei Paladin (Model) - Redsteel1
Great Hall and Derivatives - Ujimasa Hojo
Zodiac Warrior (Model) - dickxunder
BTNAbilityWarriorBloodFrenzy (Icon) - Blizzard Entertainment
OrcOgrimmarBigFire(BoneFire) (Model) - Dark Hunter1357
EggSplosiveMissile (Model) - Uncle Fester
Altar of Storms and Derivatives - Ujimasa Hojo
Gold Mine and Derivatives - Ujimasa Hojo
Tribal Camp (Model) - Mr. Bob
Statue of Wickedness (Model) - HerrDave
Crystal Artillery (Model) - Edge45
Fel Orc Crossbowman (Model) - General Frank
Log (Model) - Sin'dorei300
BTNcrBookNOADD (Icon) - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Armor Penetration (Icon) - Vinz
BTNcrBookADD (Icon) - CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNHeroGul'Dan (Icon) - Scias
Mounted Footman (Model) - Mephestrial
Watch Tower and Derivatives - Ujimasa Hojo
Farm (Pig) and Derivatives - Ujimasa Hojo
Crossbowman Lordaeron - Asssssvi
BTNShip (Icon) - Mr.Goblin
Draenei (lost ones) - small pack (Model) - Diegoit
War Mill (BETA) and Derivatives - Ujimasa Hojo
Barracks (Orc) and Derivatives - Ujimasa Hojo
Gul'dan (Model) - PROXY
Barrel (Model) - communist_orc
Double Axe (Model) - Blood Raven
BTNKilrogg (Icon) - handclaw
Ground Explosion (Model) - WILL THE ALMIGHTY
BTNChaosOrcCrossbowman (Icon) - General Frank
Ruined Highborne House (Model) - MatiS
Spirit Lodge and Derivatives - Ujimasa Hojo
Raider Models (Re-Classic Pack) (Model) - johnwar
CyclopsHelmet (Icon) - Sir Bartolph
BTNWood (Icon) - kola
MushroomRed04 (Model) - kelna2
Beastiary and Derivatives - Ujimasa Hojo
BTNOutcrySummon (Icon) - PrinceYaser
Gold Bar (Model) - communist_orc
DalaranFarm (Model) - Khazmo
Garithos Axe Cleave (Icon) - Darkfang
ChaosWarlord (Texture) - b17rider
Nerubian Headwear - Blood Raven
Arathi Rock v2 (Model) - takakenji
Orcish Transport Ship (Model) - jj84
Arcane Nova (Model) - dhguardianes
Draenei Stash - Retera
Armor Penetration / Stimulus (Model) - Vinz
Orc Spearthrower Models (Pack) (Model) - johnwar
Ashenvale Golem (Model) - Ashenvale Golem
Knight, Bandit Lord & Riderless Horse (WC1 & WC2) - loktar
Firepit with Roast Meat (Model) - Grey Knight
Bloodthirst (Icon) - Darkfang
Outland Environment Doodads (Model) - MN Lahmar
Pier (Model) - Mike
Training Dummy (Model) - communist_orc
Sawmill (Model) - Nilas Aran
WoodSmall (Model) - Ergius
DruidottheTalon.blp (Texture) - FrIkY
Garithos Abilities (Icon) - r.ace613
Wall (Model) - Shadow_killer
UndeadTransportShip (Model) - Dmitry Rommel
BTNDiabolicShrine (Icon) - Darkfang
Wooden Log Variants (Model) - InfernalTater
Peon Pack (Model) - Ilya Alaric
Lost Reign of Chaos Models - Karzama
Explosion Big (Model) - WILL THE ALMIGHTY
WorgenCage (Model) - Sellenisko
Fish Vending Stand (Model) - Sunchips
Cooling Barrel (Model) - Blood Raven
Orcish Barracks Pack (Model) - Ilya Alaric
https://zvukogram.com/category/zvuki-volka/ - This is a link to a sound set where I was looking for suitable ones.
Contents

Blood of the Demons (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A linear, short and regular (if not less) orc campaign with nice terrain and a shallow story with no character development. Approved.
Level 26
The campaign is short, and it's a it intresting to see, that "Dreanor Raider" has siege damage, light armor, less health, than the original Raider. Can I ask, that this uploaded campaign is the final version, or it going to be expected to see an updated version in the future? I can explain to you, why I asking, because... I have some bugs to show...

Level 12
Eyoooo! привет как дела!

Damn dude, I started playing this with very low expectations and I was pleasantly surprised by how fun this custom campaign was, I had a blast playing it! :ogre_datass:
I played on War3 version 1.29 and it worked well, no bugs.

~Positives

- One of the standout features of this campaign in my eyes was the incorporation of sound effects into each mission. This is such a unique and impactful idea that I have rarely seen in other custom campaigns, if ever. The addition of sounds such as the barking dogs during attacks and ringing bells contributed to a more immersive experience, they were so simple and yet so effective!

However, what impressed me the most were the remixed songs that included some of Thrall's epic voice lines. These songs were incredibly epic and got me hyped up throughout the game. Each chapter had its own unique song that fit perfectly with the story and gameplay. I was thoroughly impressed by the talent shown in the sound department and I hope that more map makers will take inspiration from this.

The song in the Campaign window where you get to select the missions is one of the best remixes I've heard! It is so badass! i could listen to it for hours! :goblin_yeah:

- The gameplay itself is kinda basic/classic but it works just fine, in the missions where you have to fight base vs. base the enemy A.I. sends attack waves pretty fast and they are strong ones, especially in the first mission, but after building a few towers I managed to defend against the waves and win easily after that.

- The story itself is also nothing special since is pretty much the same old story with the orcs vs draenei and the dark portal etc., but i enjoyed it nonetheless,

Also, I think this must be the first campaign i play where i see the Frostwolf clan as the villain/enemy lol, usually, they are the good guys but here we fight against them, not gonna lie it did feel a bit weird but i liked the change, it was unique making them the enemies for once.

- The voice acting despite being in Russian sounded pretty decent and it did make the campaign stand out a bit and gave it a new interesting foreign vibe, We had the translated dialogues after all so in that regard it was fine.

- The terrain was pretty good too, it felt really polished and unique!

~Negatives

- Killrog's hitbox is too big, I keep clicking on him by mistake, so his hitbox needs to be reduced in size.

- Some of the translations were kinda bad for some units for example, the frost wolf ranged units were called troll berserker and troll headhunter when they were clearly orcs and not trolls, or how the fel grunts are called "draenic bull", but it's not such a big deal.

- The only other negative I could say is that the campaign was too short :gg: I wish there were more missions!

I hope you will keep working on it, the potential is high! :spell_breaker:

My rating for this Custom Campaign is an 𝓐 Tier (Great) with 80 out of 100 points! :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 9

HuanJuan

Regarding the wolf riders, I didn't change their stats as far as I remember, I just added the two-handed sword ability. Initially, I created this campaign on version 1.26, so it's possible that on other versions, the stats might change, and there could also be potential bugs. If you've come across any, feel free to share them, and I will look into addressing them.​

Blasterixx

Thank you for your detailed impressions; I'm glad you enjoyed it. Regarding the music, yes, it's great; although it wasn't easy to find, sometimes I was surprised by how well it fit certain places when I was testing. I know that in the "Gathering of Chiefs" chapter, it might have seemed loud. As for the Frostwolf Clan, they remained good, considering that players are given the opportunity to play as villains). I worked on the campaign for about a month, and some minor details might have been overlooked, but I still enjoyed creating it.

Level 26

HuanJuan

Regarding the wolf riders, I didn't change their stats as far as I remember, I just added the two-handed sword ability. Initially, I created this campaign on version 1.26, so it's possible that on other versions, the stats might change, and there could also be potential bugs. If you've come across any, feel free to share them, and I will look into addressing them.​

Blasterixx

Thank you for your detailed impressions; I'm glad you enjoyed it. Regarding the music, yes, it's great; although it wasn't easy to find, sometimes I was surprised by how well it fit certain places when I was testing. I know that in the "Gathering of Chiefs" chapter, it might have seemed loud. As for the Frostwolf Clan, they remained good, considering that players are given the opportunity to play as villains). I worked on the campaign for about a month, and some minor details might have been overlooked, but I still enjoyed creating it.
Then, as you said, I'm here.

Bugs that I noticed:
- As @Blasterixx said previously, units have been already in-game, like Fel Grunts, and Fel Orc Warlock/Shaman (not misunderstood me: the first wizard unit with Fireball and Curse ability, not the second unit, with chain lightning). Not just their names, but their description is also translated. Check out the original ones, and feel free to edit them for your taste, if you wish.

- Some enemy units and buildings has no names. You just encounter an enemy unit, and they have no names literally.

- On the last map. You made very crucial errors. So basically you decided to put the player under pressure from two sides. Since the difficulty level is not optional, the campaign has no difficulty selection, this map is hard: only on the way as you imagined. See, after the player establishing a Chiefstain's Hut, the trigger was activated, and the player got noticed about dranaei encampments. So, this can be evaded by the following steps:
1. The player defeats the Gnolls on the first gold mine, after that hiring transport ship from the Goblin Shipyard, and travelling to west on the river.
2. Evading / Dealing with the murlocs on the way, and the player either encounter with Dranaei buildings and units: can be easily dealth only by heroes.
3. Further going up on the coast, can encounter decks, with ofcourse, explosive barrel. The First one explode with first hit, the second deck with explosive barrel only explode after heavy damage -minimum 10 hits - , and still no indicator here.
4. After the destruction of the two decks and towers on the way up the river, there are another Dranaei Base, which makes dragon like creatures to attack (Dranei Guards I think). After the destruction of this base with two heroes of the player, the player can setup here a safe camp, and the trigger cannot destroys instantly the player's survival chance.
With These steps, I wanted to say: It's too easy to evade the triggers of the Dranei Attack waves, and the player can cheat legally. Which is heavily needed, because the attack waves(timing and number, enemy has advanced armor and attack)m and the supplies (gold and lumber) does not give a fair chance against the dranaei. For me, it's just too hard without "Legally Cheating" to beat this chapter.
Even if the player's base was utterly destroyed - no buildings standing, not even a unit is alive on the player's side - The player cannot fail the main quest, and fail the map. The player needs to manually restart a map, without any fail. Teron also is OP on the end, the spell what he uses cannot be interupted by anything.
  • Killrogg's Summoning Wolf ability is strange, he can summon those riders sure, but they have no ensnare ability, as the original ones.
  • Why the "Dreanor Raider" has siege damage, when it's a Fel Orc Raider? Fel Orc Raider also has originally a description and name from the Original game. The description of the Ability on the Raider is different, from the Beast Den upgrade description about it.

That's all for now.

Level 9

HuanJuan

Interestingly enough, I knew that someone would come up with a way to outsmart the system and swim across on the ships, but for some reason, I didn't prevent it. Yes, you're right, I even added siege damage to the raiders. I think that if they cause chaos, they will be worse than grunt, but this way they'll be more useful. Thank you, I will take note and revise some aspects.

Level 26

HuanJuan

Interestingly enough, I knew that someone would come up with a way to outsmart the system and swim across on the ships, but for some reason, I didn't prevent it. Yes, you're right, I even added siege damage to the raiders. I think that if they cause chaos, they will be worse than grunt, but this way they'll be more useful. Thank you, I will take note and revise some aspects.
So you know that, and leaved that as it is. Okay, so it's not a bug atleast. I see you are updated the page campaign, but you don't give us any type of explanation what is changed (Change Log).

Level 9
From the identified observations, I made some changes.

1. Non-standard units, namely (enemies), have been translated into English. I don't have the English version of Warcraft to be certain, but I think the change will be effective.
2. In Kilrogg's ability, Wolf Riders have the "Ensnare" ability, but for it to work, you need to research it in the Beastiary first.
3. Added a blocking barrier that prevents progress on boats until the "Set Up Camp" objective is completed.
4. Slightly increased the density of the mine.
I probably won't be able to solve all the other identified issues, as I lack the skills in this matter.

Level 9
Hello, I want to say that I'm planning to translate my biggest creation into English, which I created about a year ago. There are some drawbacks, which I will mention when I release my campaign with the translation, but I believe it will be enjoyable for those who play "Skyrim."

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Blackhand's fist spell has no name/title.
  2. Passive abilities like Spiked Armour should not have icon borders. You can make them look proper with this: Button Manager v1.8.2
  3. Funnily, the spiders belong to Townspeople. Ogres too :D
  4. Shouldn't the key disappear if the chest opens?
  5. Makes no sense for a crowd of villagers to just head your way instead of the opposite direction. Also, a woman was simply standing, possibly because she froze of fright. A villager too.
  6. Why would they need to come to Azeroth from Outland to get to Outland to destroy Shattrath if the city is in Outland?
  7. A grunt remained selected during cinematic mode where Deadeye appeared.
  8. No other difference than armour type and a few hit points between Blackhand's wolf riders and Deadeye's. The techtrees are severely lacking and uncreative.
  9. Why would the humans literally open their gates to the orcs?
  10. Units selected during the scene at the harbour after defeating the humans.
  11. Sanctum of Chaos says it trains Warlocks and Witch Hunters but there's only Warlocks and Draenor Sorcerers.
  12. Weird that some rock chunks are destructibles others doodads.
  13. Murderer. Quite an unfitting name for a Frost Wolf Clan unit.
  14. The ships were much bigger in the base before the end level cinematic started.
  15. Teron Gorefiend is an eredar, I mean draenei? But why do the draenei look differently here than in the first maps?
  16. Kilrogg's Shadow Strike description is broken.
  17. Deadly Strike should have a passive looking icon.
  18. Juggernauts have no name.
  19. Second ship in the Goblin Shipyard has no name.
  20. Draenei Guardians use a hero model with glow and have no decay animations.
  21. The wooden platforms draenei stand on where there's also explosive barrels are named 0 and 1.
  22. Now Teron is Bloodseeker and not Gorefiend. Which is it then? The unit is named Theron Bloodthirst. :nw:
  23. In the chapter's final scene, Kilrogg is red and when dead on the pyre, orange/brown again.
A linear, short and regular (if not less) orc campaign with nice terrain and a shallow story with no character development.

Approved.

Level 9

deepstrasz

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, with the original events that are part of the Warcraft lore, I didn't manage to alter them to fit my imagination very accurately. Regarding Outland, what I meant was that the first chapter isn't Outland; it's a slightly different world where the draenei were defeated. Blackhand headed to Azeroth to unite other orc clans for his assault on Shattrath. The path to Shattrath led through the island of Hanglet, where the portal was located. I understand that this might not be entirely logical, but that's how I imagined it. Maybe I should have included this description under the map, but there are hints in the dialogues.

Level 20
I know how important good feedback is, so I'm trying to give as much as possible (and hopefully useful advice as a fellow mapmaker):
WALL OF TEXT & MAJOR NITPICKING INCOMING !

-Played the ? (downloaded the 29/8/2023) version on normal difficulty on my 1.27 game version-

-it's the first time I play a mod voiced in russian, the voice acting seems fine to me
-some texts +loading screens are not translated
-the english is usually good for dialogues but sometimes very bad for the rest (grunt upgrade has « bug riders » :xxd: )
-strange to have the ultimate for both heroes being a terrible version of normal spells, so there is zero point using them at this mana cost and the others are just vanilla except now summoned wolves come with riders
-I love the terraining and cutscenes + music and sounds used :thumbs_up:
-the felorcs have almost nothing different from vanilla : 1 new unit and that's all
-the difficulty thankfully isn't « unreal » : the squad parts seem normal, and I won't judge the base building part because I lack the patience to slowly build an attack force that gets half killed with each enemy attack wave nowadays, especially if it's a vanilla techtree I already know
-all maps description are untranslated when you load a save
-skipping the cutscenes would be nice, but at least the dialogues go faster when you use ESC
-no need to show score screen after a cutscene map
-in the intro Blackhand was against working for the demons but after that he's 100% « for the Burning Legion ! » did I miss the part where Gul'dan convinced him ? :confused:2
-the part of the 1st map that is actually used is really small compared to what isn't
-the huge mushroom on the draenei main building is very blurry and ugly
-the draenei faction name is just « broken » ? sounds like a bug, like « glitched » :gg: it should probably be « broken draenei » or at least « broken ones »
-there is a broken hero icon in the score screen
-the game over message has « flow » strangely placed
-it's strange that wild beasts are in the « townspeople » faction
-some human says « clarify if you're a man » is it a strange translation or is he asking to see what's in your pants ? :eekani:
-you hear the ogre is gonna attack you but he doesn't move if you don't go towards him
-chest key is useless since you can just attack the chest + is stays after use
-the bells ringing sound is nice but it lasts a bit too long IMO
-healing rune at the end shouldn't be in crate but dropped by enemy since you probably won't attack crates while in combat and the map ends after
-funny that wolves make hooves noises
-the start of map 3 is just waiting before you get access to the hidden golem or before you complete the quest : boring !
-when they attack, one of the grunt is called « another bully » :xxd:
-sorcerers have very little mana when recruited
-demonic parasite ability should have an autocast icon + the icon moves when you use autocast
-I'm not a fan of traps you can't avoid even if you know they're there, they should be made visible with an item like the gem of vision/ goblin mines combo so the player can actually do something about it
-the tight passage to reach Durotan really messes up with the AI pathfinding, fortunately it's not to attack a base or the enemy AI would be SO messed up :grin:
-I thought I was playing a warcraft 1 story and then : BAM ! Sudden space goats from WOW ! I suppose the story here is actually from some of the WOW expansions time travel shenanigans or retcon then
-I didn't know the horde dreadnought were powered by rows :wink: - another sound might be better here
-east of the map is in fog of war instead of under black mask for some reason, despite being barren terrain
-rocks before the generator should be killed when you destroy one or have way less health, it's annoying to clear out
-a lvl 10 paladin with lvl 3 bubble is already frustrating, but a boss with starfall and immunity to magic means you have to stay and die or flee and wait... not fun
-the explosive barrels and crates are surprisingly hard to attack with the ships, I don't remember having this problem on Blizzard maps
-the 1st line in the ending cutscene has no subtitles
-no idea what Illidan and his silly evil laugh at the end mean... sequel ?

+: visuals are really good : terrain, custom resources used, cutscenes
+: music and sounds make great atmosphere

-: difficulty is inconsistent : squad parts are normal (good for casual me) while some base parts are probably too hard like the last map with draenei units making 2X normal damage and constant attacks from all sides + annoying heroes
-: some frustrating gameplay decisions : damage you can't avoid, parts where you have to wait with nothing to do etc.

neutral : story is fine for what it is (and how short it is), but there's not much to the characters and 0 surprise

Last edited:
Level 9

Armelior_is_back

Thank you for the feedback! It's nice to hear from the person who created the 'King of the Dead' campaign, which I played about 10 years ago or even more. It was well done at a time when I had no idea about map editors to create something myself.

I'll respond to a few of your questions. As other players have mentioned, icons should be passive or auto-cast if the spell corresponds to that. Honestly, I recently learned about this, meaning I saw that it existed, but for some reason, I didn't pay attention to it. If I find the time, I will try to correct the icons and other details as much as I can.

Regarding when the sergeant speaks to you near the stone bridge, yes, the translation might have given the wrong phrase, but if you're interested in a different interpretation, it could also mean something like 'Well, let's figure this out like men.' It's a similar phrase.

Also, the first sentence in the final cutscene without subtitles meant something like 'Run, retreat everyone,' which was the voices of the draenei who were retreating.

Yes, some moments, such as gathering wood, forced the player to wait in one place. Honestly, during the campaign's creation, I didn't think much about it. It could have been even shorter, but I improved it before release by adding the area with the bridge where Durotan is. I'll take note of some of these points. Thanks.

Level 9
A difficult experience to be perfectly honest. The map difficulty doesn't lie when it says that the difficulty is... unreal.
To win this campaign you'll have to be quick when it comes to building a strong army and defense.
As for the campaign it has a very flat story with simple one-note characters that are fixated on... conquering Shattrat city on Outland, but first take detour to Azeroth for some reason before going back to Outland to invade Shattrat.
Sadly, you never get to invade Shattrat and experience a glorious conquest, which robs the player from an experience and possible end goal.

The fight with Durotan was also very anti-climactic. You just beat on the poor guy with a giant army while he has nothing more than a few traps laid out in a poor attempt to stall you after getting cornered.

Level 9
Hello, everyone. I want to announce that I plan to improve all the shortcomings of my very first campaign, which I haven't shared here yet. When I created it, I had much less experience with campaign design, but some people liked it. The campaign is called "Crimson Order: The Last Hope." Currently, it is not translated, but it is playable. Now, I plan to refine all the nuances and then work on translating it into English.

Level 9
Hello, at the moment, I've nearly finished refining my old campaign, and I'll soon begin translating it into English. I had to make many adjustments based on what I did in the past, specifically adding variables to tasks since I initially created them without them, and now they can be asynchronous, in short, just what was needed. I also enhanced some chapters with different landscapes, around 2 or 3; the rest remain unchanged. I've addressed numerous bugs and other minor details. Possibly, starting next week, I'll try to release it so that it can be played. I'm working at a steady pace as time permits.