1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Horde-Themed Items

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Made a pack of "Horde-exclusive" icons for a map I'm working on, thought someone else might find them useful.

All icons in the bundle are edits of different original Warcraft III icons and were made through direct-size editing.
The absence/removal of magic glow around items is purposeful - I wanted to make these items look less magical and make a focus on decorations - bandages, teeth, chains, feathers, etc.

The list of icons:

• OrcAmulet - the idea was to create a "Dragon Fang Amulet", and a fang in Vampiric Aura was a perfect base;
  • OrcBanner - the original icon was not only just a screenshot, but also depicted the Blackrock clan symbol instead of the Horde one;
  • OrcBannerBlackrock - a version of OrcBanner for Blackrock clan, just in case;
  • OrcBattleAxeSimple - an upgraded version of the original battle axe with focus on decorations;
  • OrcBattleAxe - an upgraded version of OrcBattleAxeSimple;
  • OrcBraceletSimplest - an orcish version of the standard ring icon, "Bracelet" instead of "Ring" was chosen to match the Horde theme;
  • OrcBraceletSimple - an upgraded version of OrcBraceletSimplest;
  • OrcBracelet - an upgraded version of OrcBraceletSimple, the teeth are also the reason why the item is called Bracelet and not a Ring;
  • OrcCoin - a different coin exclusively for the Horde;
  • OrcHorn - simple edits to make the original horn match the style;
  • OrcPickAxe - simple edits to make the original pickaxe match the style;
  • OrcPotionFoul - temporarily corrupts the owner, making him stronger;
  • OrcPotionFoulSmall - the removal of the glow was made to match the style of OrcPotionFoul;
  • OrcPotionRage - makes the owner to "fall into madness" - applies frenzy effect;
  • OrcPotionRageSmall - the removal of the glow was made to match the style of OrcPotionRage;
  • OrcScroll - the only item in the bundle with the magic glow;
  • OrcShieldSimple - an upgraded version of the standard shield with a red cloth banner;
  • OrcShield - an upgraded version of OrcShieldSimple with golden rivets and the Horde symbol;
  • OrcSkull - a simple glow removal and some small corrections to match the style and to be a downgraded version of the original skull.

Comparison to the original:
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Ingame screenshots (next to standard wc3 icons):
[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Changes:
[​IMG]
Contents

BTNOrcCoin (Icon)

BTNOrcAmulet (Icon)

BTNOrcBanner (Icon)

BTNOrcBannerBlackrock (Icon)

BTNOrcBattleAxe (Icon)

BTNOrcBattleAxeSimple (Icon)

BTNOrcBracelet (Icon)

BTNOrcBraceletSimple (Icon)

BTNOrcBraceletSimplest (Icon)

BTNOrcHorn (Icon)

BTNOrcPickAxe (Icon)

BTNOrcPotionFoul (Icon)

BTNOrcPotionFoulSmall (Icon)

BTNOrcPotionRage (Icon)

BTNOrcPotionRageSmall (Icon)

BTNOrcScroll (Icon)

BTNOrcShield (Icon)

BTNOrcShieldSimple (Icon)

BTNOrcSkull (Icon)

Reviews
San
San
They're still very dark for me, but that varies from different brightness/gamma setting of each person. That being said, do avoid using plain black/grey for textures as they tends to blend in with the dark background and will usually cause your icon...
  1. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ LOK'TAR OGAR!!!! Great job with this icons! *-*

2. Ceterai

Ceterai

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thank you! :grin:

3. Elladaryn

Elladaryn

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is really awesome! I love how you edited the old icons to a point they are recognizable but have a new flavor to them.

4. Zephyrius2412

Zephyrius2412

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Excellent bundle, really useful for Orc themed maps. It fits perfectly with Warcraft III style and that's important. Keep going, I hope to see more of your work !

5. Scias

Scias

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very cool bundle, my favorites are the coin, scroll, horn and battle axe. The color palette of these works very well with the orc UI.

6. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    Useful in true meaning, i wish you continue making this same with the rest of the races.

7. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Looks very original. I think every items in game needs variations like yours

8. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Lovely pack!

9. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    Love it!

10. San

San

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Very useful resources, but the Simple Axe' handle and the Simple Bracelet is so dark it blends with the background.
    I suggest you to at least increase the visibility of them to keep up with the quality of other items.

11. KPC

KPC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice and useful

12. Ceterai

Ceterai

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Done! I tried to make them even brighter, but ended up with gray colors instead of intended black, so I had to go back a few steps. Also made some edges a bit brighter to contrast with the background.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  13. San

San

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    They're still very dark for me, but that varies from different brightness/gamma setting of each person.
    That being said, do avoid using plain black/grey for textures as they tends to blend in with the dark background and will usually cause your icon to be visually monotone.

Good works.

14. Ceterai

Ceterai

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the advice, I'll keep that in mind!

15. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    nice set of icons! :thumbs_up: would love to see more of these! (although not sure what you should add next)

16. Niarfe003

Niarfe003

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Your work is aweasome!!! Holy theme please!!

17. The Grey

The Grey

Resources:
    Resources:
    So Good!