• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old horde or new horde?

Old horde or new horde?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Wc1-2 hordes were too disorganized including wc2, thats why they lost. Lack of disipline and organization. Thats the biggest reason for them losing.

Level 5
Thrall's Horde is way better, The chaos orc horde never had a chance against the Alliance. Whys everyone discussing orc btw?

Level 1
Bah! Tree hugger new orcs...

Lol, sure they were more disorganized, but that's the point! They were meant to be barbaric and have the lovely thing which I call bloodlust.

But changing 'em so quickly just really set 'em off balance. It just seems a tad strange.

But I like both of 'em in general so I say,

Meh

Level 9
Wc1-2 for the win! Sure the new horde has better graphics, but other than their pretty nice shamanism... they're so... well, not gay, just not as cool as before.

Chaos is da winz for da green-skinz!

Go merciless, bloody killing machine chaos orcs! The new ones would never stand a chance versus the WC1 - 2 orcs.

Level 12
The ONLY reason they got far anyway is because they overrun. Alliance has too skilled of warriors. Orcs have few who are actually skilled
Like doomhammer for example and hellscream.

Plus they wore little to no armor.

If they were more organized, more armored and skilled. they w uld only need half of WC2 horde to beat Alliance

Orcs in WC1-2 are in clumps with there clans, they are really disorganized

Level 2
i like both, but old horde takes the point. you'r suppose to relate to the new horde more i guess but i think they should of had old horde as atleast one of the villians.

Level 12
Disorganized and lack of discipline, and strategy was there key to losing.
If they had all of these things, they would have won

Level 12
Actually, they most likely couldnt. Sure they could break through the walls eventually, but they didnt have trolls with them... Plus even if they destroyed Lordaeran, the Alliance Army can still squash the horde at this point at full force. Horde kept sending and sending to where they would "eventually" overwhelm and destroy there enemy, they didnt have a constant supply, they had 1 giant force that slowly was destroyed. Also Stormreavers wasnt a big loss besides lack of warlocks, Stormreavers was the smallest clan of only warlocks. Its possible they would have taken Lordaeran, but that wouldnt stop the Alliance Army. All the horde had left with them at the time was i think a few dragons, few ogres, and lot of orcs, thats really all. Trolls stayed at Quel'thalas, thats the only reason they joined the horde was so they can attack quel'thalas

Level 2
they didn't only lose a small amount of soldiers they lost 2 generals and the flexiblity of their frontlines, it would of been nearly inpossible to take the city with only two full sized independant bodies as tactics like flanking and even the ability to call for back up would be impossible.

and as it is stated that they lost nearly have their standing force when he deserted that is meaningless

Level 8
Joke? Explain yourself, why a joke?

They appeared fearsome and powerful but at the end of it, they didn't achieve a lot, they were still slaves and they fought among themselves (Stupid). Cool or not, they didn't win the Second War.

Thrall's horde instead tried to make up for mistakes of the past by trying to avoid any conflicts with the humans. The burning legion was a bigger threat and Archimonde was finally stopped.

Last edited:
Level 3
One word: Doomhammer. Thrall may be generous and in-tune with the elements and all that crap, but Doomhammer was a real leader.

And yes, the Old Horde would've won if Gul'dan hadn't betrayed them. Doomhammer wouldn't have had to split his forces and the Alliance wouldn't have had time to regroup.

I'm definitly Ord Horde. Then again, I grew up on Warcraft II and I don't like a lot of the developments in WoW so I'm probably biased against the newer Horde.

Status
Not open for further replies.