• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Battle of the Horde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Battle of the Horde
Made by tdrsmynm
Horde of the Sunken Ruins
full
Horde of the Swamps
full
Horde of the Conquered Lands
full
Horde of the Frozen Barrens
full

Each new horde has 4 new heroes
Purpose of this Forum

• To ask for ideas that can help my map unique or better, for I barely have any creative bone in me to create new races, tech trees, or units.
  • My knowledge about Warcraft is lacking.
  • I have removed my map from downloads in order to remake it as the mods have suggested.
[td][/td]
Author's Notes

• This is my first, somewhat "unique", map attempt.
  • Criticisms and suggestions are encouraged.
  • I am still unsure about what to put in this forum, so for now, it is as it is.
  • For the moment, the models of the Units and Buildings are the only things that are fixed. Abilities, Upgrades, and Tech trees are still in progress.
  • This map contains my made-up/non-canon Hordes.
  • I removed the Fel Horde, for there are a lot of people who already made it. And they made it extremely well.
[td][/td]

Level 6
Visually these factions have great themes, you're definitely very creative. I like how they're kind of based on biomes too. Some theme ideas off the top of my head:

-"Spirit Horde" Crystalline / Portals / Totems / Spirits / Ethereal (could go with either shamanistic or crystals / aether theme)
-"Horde of the Volcano" / Lava / Golems / Dragons / Kobolds / Minerals
-"Horde of the Desert" / Tents / Yurts / Kodos / Nomadic / Harpies / Wind or Sky magic

You've probably already thought of these and there are many more, just based on the tilesets even. Cool project, I wish you luck!

Level 28
You could give each faction a weather effect (rain or fog for Swamp, snow for FB, storm for CL, sun for SR...) that powers them up (faster move/regen/longer vision/etc.), and a way to influence the weather by magic (such as caster production buildings channeling a spell when not producing units).

Level 6
Visually these factions have great themes, you're definitely very creative. I like how they're kind of based on biomes too. Some theme ideas off the top of my head:

-"Spirit Horde" Crystalline / Portals / Totems / Spirits / Ethereal (could go with either shamanistic or crystals / aether theme)
-"Horde of the Volcano" / Lava / Golems / Dragons / Kobolds / Minerals
-"Horde of the Desert" / Tents / Yurts / Kodos / Nomadic / Harpies / Wind or Sky magic

You've probably already thought of these and there are many more, just based on the tilesets even. Cool project, I wish you luck!

Thanks! Although, I'm still thinking about the techtrees of the current faction. I'm not trying to add more workload on the pile xD.

You could give each faction a weather effect (rain or fog for Swamp, snow for FB, storm for CL, sun for SR...) that powers them up (faster move/regen/longer vision/etc.), and a way to influence the weather by magic (such as caster production buildings channeling a spell when not producing units).

I actually had a similar idea with this, where effects like monsoon, tranquility would be used. I am not yet aware of any possible usage of map weathers, but I will see what I can do.

Do you have a version of the map that is ready for testing?

Unfortunately, not yet. Creating new tech trees, upgrades, and abilities are incredibly hard for me. Once I have a version ready for testing, it will be out.

Level 2
Of course, thats very understandable. Just keep doing what you're doing and hopefully the finished product will be as good as you want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.