• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Battle for Azeroth

What should I do about this campaign?

• Improve the storyline

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Improve the terrain

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Improve the custom imports

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Improve the spells

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Improve the gameplay

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Call of this whole project

Votes: 9 9.8%

• Total voters
Team Nightfall Presents

Battle for Azeroth

TaUyxBX.png

Battle for Azeroth is a very heavily custom lore campaign that is designed to be the ultimate project of Team Nightfall as a replacement to Wrath of Kael'thas which was abandoned earlier..
Story

Mb1j70h.png

"After the events of World of Warcraft - Legion and Sargeras' imprisonment; the cruel Void Lord Hurmongreth now sets his sights upon the defenseless world of Azeroth, his corrupting powers allows him to control the hate in the heart of any creatures and force them to do his bidding..."

"Medivh is alerted to Hurmongreth's presence and seeks out the champions of Azeroth in order to rally them against the void lord. Unfortunately though.. Most of them have already been corrupted by Hurmongreth's powers while others remain defiant against him"

"Thrall, one of those who were unaffected by Hurmongreth's powers is fighting a tireless battle to lead the armies of Azeroth once again to triumph over the void lords"

Features

y8nxUiB.png

- Over 20 missions, 5 interludes (Planned)
- Hours of entertaining gameplay
- Custom voice acting
- Many custom items + existing customized ones
- New playable races
- Unlockable cheats
- Unlockable extra missions
- Legendary items
- Various systems (Planned)

Videos

jV91Dcj.png

Screenshots

qpHIGRq.png

6HPrEGw.jpg

HMZa41S.jpg

o90AzO5.jpg

XxwEe9B.jpg

8g2D1jV.jpg

N8etMqU.jpg

4ZGaXZA.jpg

Z15UjjA.jpg

FgiSx7T.jpg

0n6S5wf.jpg

TH8aOKS.jpg

CCStS57.jpg

vgJ6Q25.jpg

Techtree

SRN3q9E.png

Coming soon..

Changelog

gzHJ0tg.png

Coming soon..

Legendary Items

BD3EbMA.png

GL345JB.png

Rexxar's Axe - (Mission#1)
"The dreaded Axe of Rexxar has echoed across many battlefields!"

UwGK6yS.png

Horn of Cenarius - (Mission#2)
"The horn of Cenarius was used by Malfurion to awaken the sleeping druids of Kalimdor"

bfyF9eU.png

Azshara's Javelin - (Mission#3)
"Azshara's Javelin is known to pierce through the most impenetrable armors"

O4VXrRl.png

Lor'Themar's Ranseur - (Mission#4)
"The Royal halberd bestowed upon Lor'Themar"

Credits

W7qNgoh.png

Coming soon..

Attachments

• Battle for Azerothv1.0.w3n
    76.2 MB · Views: 6,745
Last edited:
Playable Characters (So far)

um9dpW3.png

0l5S5Sm.jpg

Thrall - (Far Seer)
"Thrall is the main hero of the campaign, after Sargeras' defeat.. He returned back to live a peaceful life with his family while leaving the mantle of Warchief to Sylvanas.. when Hurmongreth makes his appearance and begins to control every being on Azeroth, Thrall moves to stop the void lord's plans with the aid of various champions from Azeroth!"

XJsqPZO.jpg

Malfurion - (Keeper of the Grove)
"Malfurion, unable to comprehend Tyrande's death.. Decides to do whatever it takes to restore his beloved priestess, he joins Thrall on his journey to stop Hurmongreth and his corruption!"

Tc3CBVV.jpg

Nazgrel - (Warlord)
"Nazgrel was one of the few warriors of the horde who were capable of resisting Hurmongreth's powers; for such.. Both he and Thrall were pursued by the manipulated armies of the void lord, he's the first secondary hero to be encountered!"

1EBzQbe.jpg

Azshara - (Naga Empress)
"The feared Empress of Nazjatar and previously the Queen of the Highborne, Azshara was unaffected by Hurmongreth's powers but she feared his influence would corrupt her Naga and thus threaten her rule. She agrees to assist Thrall and Malfurion in reaching Tanaris."

4tPvy0C.jpg

Gazlowe - (Tinker)
"The owner of Ratchet and engineer of the horde, Gazlowe escaped before Hurmongreth's minions could overwhelm him and fled to Gadgetzan where he'd aid Thrall in opening the Caverns of Time"

mzHoQAH.jpg

Marin Noggenfogger - (Alchemist)
"The famed baron of Gadgetzan, Marin Noggenfogger is known to use his potent potions and elixirs in battle, he would help Thrall and Malfurion into reaching the caverns of time"

Progress

udBsvNX.png

- PROLOGUE: Rise of Hurmongreth (100%)
- CHAPTER#1: The Madness Begins (100%)
- CHAPTER#2: A Tragic End (100%)
- INTERLUDE#1: Medivh Returns (100%)
- CHAPTER#3: Shores of Blood (100%)
- BOSSFIGHT: Admiral Proudmoore (100%)
Complaints / To-do list

4fjfzQ9.png

- Azeroth planet speed animation

-Some minor grammar mistakes
-Thrall hears some noises and then a quest says to look for survivors. That doesn't seem right.
-The enviroment music is kind of hilarious, like some sort of vacations mission
-Thrall slew Gul'dan?
-The terrain needs some improvements here and there
-There is a purple square in the corner of the map

- Some minor grammar mistakes
- Thrall gets over Nazgrel's death so easily
- Nurturer's portrait
- Long way back for optional quest

- Grammar mistakes
- Short dialogues

- Grammar mistakes
- Short dialogue at ending cinematic
- Azshara's model
- Azshara's hero name
- Gnome Ark Gamma Effect and Human Portrait

Recruitment

KXmfPOv.png

- Modeler(s): Full
- Reskiner(s): Needed A LOT
- Spell Maker(s): Needed A LOT
- Terrainer(s): Mid-need
- Voice Actor(s): Mid-need
- Suggestion/Idea Giver(s): Mid-need
- Beta Tester(s): Needed A LOT
- AI Editor Expert(s): Needed A LOT
The Team

8FTK9zU.png

- Author: Zenonoth
- Primary Team (Secondary Authors): Quinten, trebla ratilla, joaquim98, millzy, WarcraftLiterature
- Awesome Contributors: deepstrasz, Walichrage, LISBOAH, Heini

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hey, so you scrapped that other one for this? It has a better premise, yes. I hope you can use most if not all of the levels/content in the other one for this somehow.
If you think I could help you with anything especially story nitpicking which is my favourite :D, tell me. I could do some voice acting too if you need it, also, don't forget about this thread on voice acting:

~ * 1ST UPDATE [2/27/2018] * ~
- Added major changes to description
- Prologue + 1st Mission now available for testing (Terrain is still incomplete but will be fixed like usual in the finalized version)

6HPrEGw.jpg

HMZa41S.jpg

- Design for next mission:
"After defeating Rexxar, Thrall and Nazgrel arrive at Ashenvale to inquire about the night elves' attacks to Malfurion and Tyrande. Unfortunately, Nazgrel dies as forsaken battleships sink his transport ship. Thrall encounters Sylvanas who has also been corrupted by Hurmongreth's powers and defeats her.. Thrall then meets with Malfurion who mistakes Thrall for an enemy at first, they ally together against the corrupted Cenarius and try to reach Tyrande and rescue her before it's too late!"
yarTwp5.jpg

- Please provide nitpicking reviews for me to improve, any feedback or support you give/provide will be greatly appreciated! +Rep and your name mentioned in credits/author list depending on your support.
- There are no applications, all kind of support is welcome

Best of your with your project! Just out of curiosity, will people not familiar with WoW Lore be able to follow the story?
It'll create minor distortions but it's still familiar

Hey, so you scrapped that other one for this? It has a better premise, yes. I hope you can use most if not all of the levels/content in the other one for this somehow.
If you think I could help you with anything especially story nitpicking which is my favourite :D, tell me. I could do some voice acting too if you need it, also, don't forget about this thread on voice acting:
Sure, any help is appreciated.. It's custom lore mainly.. Could use a Malfurion/Cenarius voice actors [Not that much but I could use some additional assistance] ^^

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It'll create minor distortions but it's still familiar
He meant that if players that don't know the WoW story would be able to understand what's going on in the campaign.
"After defeating Rexxar, Thrall and Nazgrel
I guess, defeating means not killing but saving or something? Because it would be pretty much awful to have to kill most WcIII characters because they've become "bad"/mind controlled. Maybe, you capture them and hold them somewhere magically or not and you have to find some sort of "cure" to get the Void (influence) out of them?

The layout of the second chapter looks linear. Is it only hero and a few units based? Hmm... maybe there could be some things to do to go from one base to another in order to complete the final objective, this meaning not for example necessarily having to go to Malfurion's base through Sylvanas' but through the forest or some other route(s).
Why are there separate night elven encampments? It would be interesting if the night elves all had one base and Tyrande was in the south while Malfurion in the north near Cenarius when the corruption began so they had to separate that way north and south. Wait, why is Cenarius even alive or here? Why is Sylvanas here? Where's the place this level happens in?
I guess Cenarius isn't to be killed but maybe banished back to the Emerald Dream/Nightmare by tricking him somehow?

Maybe, the Void Lord should not "talk" at all to make things look like no-comment, mysterious as basically Void entities are not human so maybe the information has to be transmitted to the player some other way?
Nazgrel dies as forsaken battleships sink his transport ship.
Maybe he just loses his wolf and Thrall finds him somewhere near the coast :D? (and he actually dies later, for more impact, maybe in the same level?)

What are those skulls and bones on the map? About optional quests, you could either make achievements: finish/reach something in a certain amount of time; don't lose more than a set number of units etc. Or optional quests could just let you explore either being stressed by the overall map timer or by no timer leaving the player to complete them whenever the time is fit.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
While it is a cool concept, I feel like it is very annoying that the void overlord has the power to take control over anyone.
Except these people here

I'd like there to be a lore reason for this, not only because they have strong willpower or something.
A cool idea would be something like void lords not being able to mind control the dead, so the main character would be the Lich King or something.
Obviously too late to change that now, just saying that there is more depth to be added

Level 5
So the models look good, they look pretty nice. But the music from the first chapter, it's pleasent for the first time, but the more you play the more unfitting and annoying it sounds. The voice acting is good, but the damned music covers the voice acting sometimes. There is a purple square in the corner of the map, something strange(will appear in a video), also I couldn't really find that warlock for the optional quest. Maybe it was my fault, I don't know. The terrain needs some improvements here and there. This should be pretty much it for the moment, I wasn't able to find anything more, maybe there are errors in spelling, but for a quick test this was all I could find.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
While it is a cool concept, I feel like it is very annoying that the void overlord has the power to take control over anyone.
I'd like there to be a lore reason for this, not only because they have strong willpower or something.
A cool idea would be something like void lords not being able to mind control the dead, so the main character would be the Lich King or something.
Actually... they could meet up with Bolvar and have him be the major warring force against the voidness.

REQUESTING ASSISTANCE!:
- Need help with designing a minor night elf techtree (But any other additions are welcome, also try to supplement them with models from this site)
- Need someone to design new creep races
- Need new item ideas
- Need someone who's good at reskinning (Recoloring skins or even making them)

Any help will get name in credits list, +End Map +Reputation

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
- Need help with designing a minor night elf techtree (But any other additions are welcome, also try to supplement them with models from this site)
- Need someone to design new creep races
- Need new item ideas
Some details? What kind of night elves, what is their role in the specified level(s)? Same with the creeps.
About items, what type? RGP-ish, melee-ish, I don't know?

Level 29
This story looks very promissing. I will gladly aid.

The Void Lords are the creators of the Old Gods, that are known for corrupting several individuals through whispers, so them being capable of taking control of others doesn't sound inplausible.

Obviously too late to change that now, just saying that there is more depth to be added

In some quests in Wrath of the Lich King it is shown that the Scourge is immune to the corruption that lingers in the saronite mineral which is used to create weapons and necropolis.

A pity the Wrath of Kael'thas campaign project is dead because I would like to see the Lich King and Deathwing on the side of good. It would have been interesting.

- Design for next mission:
"After defeating Rexxar, Thrall and Nazgrel arrive at Ashenvale to inquire about the night elves' attacks to Malfurion and Tyrande. Unfortunately, Nazgrel dies as forsaken battleships sink his transport ship. Thrall encounters Sylvanas who has also been corrupted by Hurmongreth's powers and defeats her.. Thrall then meets with Malfurion who mistakes Thrall for an enemy at first, they ally together against the corrupted Cenarius and try to reach Tyrande and rescue her before it's too late!"
yarTwp5.jpg

This sounds good, but I hope you explain why Sylvanas is in Ashenvale and how was Cenarius corrupted. Was it how he got corrupted in Legion by Xavius?

A pity Nazgrel dies. To me, it is a waste for him to die just like that.

Last edited:
This story looks very promissing. I will gladly aid.

The Void Lords are the creators of the Old Gods, that are known for corrupting several individuals through whispers, so them being capable of taking control of others doesn't sound inplausible.

In some quests in Wrath of the Lich King it is shown that the Scourge is immune to the corruption that lingers in the saronite mineral which is used to create weapons and necropolis.

A pity the Wrath of Kael'thas campaign project is dead because I would like to see the Lich King and Deathwing on the side of good. It would have been interesting.

This sounds good, but I hope you explain why Sylvanas is in Ashenvale and how was Cenarius corrupted. Was it how he got corrupted in Legion by Xavius?

A pity Nazgrel dies. To me, it is a waste for him to die just like that.
Actually many characters will die, but a spoiler has to be said.. at the end of the campaign thinks will return to normal, it'll be explained as we progress but now I'm in a dire need of idea assistance

Level 29
Actually many characters will die, but a spoiler has to be said.. at the end of the campaign thinks will return to normal, it'll be explained as we progress but now I'm in a dire need of idea assistance

I am playing the first mission:

-Thrall hears some noises and then a quest says to look for survivors. That doesn't seem right.
-Thrall slew Gul'dan?
-It is kind of funny that you made an Earth Shield ability, with the same name, buff model and specifications that I tried to create for my campaign.:D The only difference was that my ability was to be like Frost Armor
-The Rexxar boss fight is pretty easy. I simply draw the attention of the units around him and killed them separately and then faced Rexxar by himself. He didn't kill not even one of my units.
-It is not required, but having the enemy faction colored as red when none of them are red colored doesn't seem fitting. I suggest the blue color.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
My main problem is the "Except these.."
It feels lame to state that everyone can be mind controlled and then have a main character that is immune to it without explanation why.
It is not related to willpower at all seeing how many great characters have fallen to corruption.

All or nothing, that is what I am hinting at.

Level 29
My main problem is the "Except these.."
It feels lame to state that everyone can be mind controlled and then have a main character that is immune to it without explanation why.
It is not related to willpower at all seeing how many great characters have fallen to corruption.

Ok, sorry.

Well, these characters are aware of the existence of the Old Gods and know what they are capable of. So, they maybe had spells casted on them or possess items that grant them resistance to the Old Gods' influences?

You cannot deny the fact that willpower plays a great factor on resisting corruption. Not to the same extent as magic, but still... To be fair, the individuals that fell to the corruption were either thirsty for power, desperate or were consumed by bitterness.

For example: Deathwing fell into the corruption because he resented his job. After all, he was forced to bear the weight of the world on his shoulders for thousands of years, plus the Titans simply gave him this burden and left and never returned. It is no excuse to his actions, but still...

I am playing the first mission:

-Thrall slew Gul'dan?
-It is kind of funny that you made an Earth Shield ability, with the same name, buff model and specifications that I tried to create for my campaign.:D The only difference was that my ability was to be like Frost Armor
-The Rexxar boss fight is pretty easy. I simply draw the attention of the units around him and killed them separately and then faced Rexxar by himself. He didn't kill not even one of my units.
-It is not required, but having the enemy faction colored as red when none of them are red colored doesn't seem fitting. I suggest the blue color.

-Some minor grammar mistakes (Like usual, will be fixed in finalized version)
-Thrall hears some noises and then a quest says to look for survivors. That doesn't seem right. (That's a bit intentional)
-The enviroment music is kind of hilarious, like some sort of vacations mission (That's a bit intentional)
-Thrall slew Gul'dan? (Thanks for pointing that out, will fix it ASAP though I believed Thrall and the combined Alliance/Horde forces slew Gul'dan)
-The Rexxar boss fight is pretty easy. I simply draw the attention of the units around him and killed them separately and then faced Rexxar by himself. He didn't kill not even one of my units. (That's a bit intentional)
-It is not required, but having the enemy faction colored as red when none of them are red colored doesn't seem fitting. I suggest the blue color. (I need more explanation about that part, all of them appear to me as blue as seen in the screenshots)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You cannot deny the fact that willpower plays a great factor on resisting corruption. Not to the same extent as magic, but still...
Sure, I guess you COULD argue that Thrall has more willpower than Malfurion or Sylvanas, characters that have resisted mind control before.
Sylvanas with the Lich King, and Malfurion and the Emerald Nightmare.

Which is unlikely.. but plausible

HOWEVER
What about the random troops that will be trained during the campaign? there are only a few in the screenshots but there is a techtree tag in the main post so there will be more to be trained.
Surely, that needs to be explained?

(though a cool gameplay feature could be your troops turning to insanity after a while)

Level 29
-Thrall slew Gul'dan? (Thanks for pointing that out, will fix it ASAP though I believed Thrall and the combined Alliance/Horde forces slew Gul'dan)

Technically it was Illidan who killed Gul'dan.

-It is not required, but having the enemy faction colored as red when none of them are red colored doesn't seem fitting. I suggest the blue color. (I need more explanation about that part, all of them appear to me as blue as seen in the screenshots)

Maybe it is simply my game, because I just re-installed it.

Sure, I guess you COULD argue that Thrall has more willpower than Malfurion or Sylvanas, characters that have resisted mind control before.
Sylvanas with the Lich King, and Malfurion and the Emerald Nightmare.

Good point. Though Void Lords are both different and more powerful than the Lich King and maybe Malfurion is more resistant in the Emerald Dream than on Azeroth?

HOWEVER
What about the random troops that will be trained during the campaign? there are only a few in the screenshots but there is a techtree tag in the main post so there will be more to be trained.
Surely, that needs to be explained?

(though a cool gameplay feature could be your troops turning to insanity after a while)

Maybe some trigger similar to the Sha of Pride boss fight in Mists of Pandaria? The units keep obtaining corruption points and once they reach a certain number they become possessed permanently?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well, what's this willpower nonsense? Most risen dead have no willpower, they are mindless. If we consider that, then Bolvar is doomed. You have to find a good explanation how this corruption gets to take over some and not others. Thrall is a shaman, he is not using arcane or chaos magic. What about Medivh? He is all about arcane, necromancy and he's a ghost now. How is he not a candidate for being corrupted. Are undead immune to it, how/why? Furion is a druid, again, using nature and possibly elemental arts. But, how do you separate fire used by arcanists by that used by shamans for example? Also, Cenarius is a megadruid and undead. How is he being corrupted and not Medivh? How/why can the Emerald Dream be corrupted by the Void Lords and not other planes of death? And so on and so forth.

Level 29
Most risen dead have no willpower, they are mindless. If we consider that, then Bolvar is doomed.

Maybe Bolvar is safe because he has the Helm of Domination in his head.

What about Medivh? He is all about arcane, necromancy and he's a ghost now. How is he not a candidate for being corrupted.

He was corrupted once by Sargeras.

Are undead immune to it, how/why?

Because they are already bound by the will of the Lich King. The Forsaken on the other hand are more likely to get corrupted.

Also, Cenarius is a megadruid and undead. How is he being corrupted and not Medivh?

Cenarius is not undead.

Why he can be corrupted and not Medivh, I don't know why.

How/why can the Emerald Dream be corrupted by the Void Lords and not other planes of death?

The Old God N'zoth corrupted the Emerald Dream and he is a creation of the Void Lords.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Maybe Bolvar is safe because he has the Helm of Domination in his head.
Does that just make you invincible to (mind) corruption? If so, why, how. Does it amplify mental stability that much?
He was corrupted once by Sargeras.
And that means he can't be corrupted by anything else anymore!?
Cenarius is not undead.
He was killed by the orcs and Grom in RoC or did the change something after/during WoD?
The Old God N'zoth corrupted the Emerald Dream and he is a creation of the Void Lords.
I know but the question was not to what you've answered.

Level 29
Does that just make you invincible to (mind) corruption? If so, why, how. Does it amplify mental stability that much?

I don't know. Yogg Saron never tried to corrupt Arthas while he was asleep for seven years, so maybe the Helm provides some sort of mental shield?

And that means he can't be corrupted by anything else anymore!?

What I meant by writing that is that if Medivh was corrupted by Sargeras, maybe other entities can as well.

It is up to @Zenonoth to explain it.

He was killed by the orcs and Grom in RoC or did the change something after/during WoD?

His spirit returned to the Emerald Dream and he was later summoned to defend the World Tree from the forces of Ragnaros.

Level 29
Not undead, eh? Did he inhabit a material body when he came back?

At least in Wowpedia they never consider him as undead. Some of the Ancients that fought and died in the War of the Ancients also came back as spirits. Their bodies died, but they kept living as spirits.

Level 29
So, spirits are not ghost or banshees, hence not undead? Might they be more on the elemental side or a different entity altogether?

I don't get it either. Sylvanas was removed from her body and became a banshee, which is classified as undead. But Cenarius dies, becomes a spirit but it is still not considered undead.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't get it either. Sylvanas was removed from her body and became a banshee, which is classified as undead. But Cenarius dies, becomes a spirit but it is still not considered undead.
That's why I like to refine the notion of being dead. Undead can be holy, normal and unholy. This last one goes to the "evil", destructive sides as Ner'zhul and the Scourge. Demons also should be in this category, not as undead of course. Now, it's a term still hard to correctly set a definition for but we'll see.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@deepstrasz
I am with you on the point of the corruption being explained, or at least the exceptions being explained.
You're right about it being inconsistent at the moment.

WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg

So nature(Cenarius + Malfurion) + necromancy (Sylvanas) + holy (Tyrande) are confirmed to be corrupted so far. That is 3/5 of the magic corner stones covered.
Medivh is both dead and a known student of necromancy, he should definitely be corrupted.
Sargeras hate the void lords and he was possessing Medivh so perhaps he empower Medivh to not give in to void corruption.
Except this is after Sargeras is imprisoned. So no.

The old gods have corrupted the Emerald Dream into the Emerald Nightmare which shows that nature can be corrupted. So by extension the elemental planes should also be corrupted? meaning that all the sub-magic types should be corrupted. I agree with you on this.

Warlocks can convert their fire magic to fel magic, this should mean that arcane users can get corrupted.
But more importantly, dark shamans. A shaman can corrupt the element they wield themselves as shown by Garosh's Dark Shamans
So I do not see a problem with Thrall getting corrupted by void gods who are said to be more powerful than any old god / titan

So the only element which is not confirmed to be void influenced is fel so far.

Level 29
@deepstrasz
I am with you on the point of the corruption being explained, or at least the exceptions being explained.
You're right about it being inconsistent at the moment.

WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg

So nature(Cenarius + Malfurion) + necromancy (Sylvanas) + holy (Tyrande) are confirmed to be corrupted so far. That is 3/5 of the magic corner stones covered.
Medivh is both dead and a known student of necromancy, he should definitely be corrupted.
Sargeras hate the void lords and he was possessing Medivh so perhaps he empower Medivh to not give in to void corruption.
Except this is after Sargeras is imprisoned. So no.

The old gods have corrupted the Emerald Dream into the Emerald Nightmare which shows that nature can be corrupted. So by extension the elemental planes should also be corrupted? meaning that all the sub-magic types should be corrupted. I agree with you on this.

Warlocks can convert their fire magic to fel magic, this should mean that arcane users can get corrupted.
But more importantly, dark shamans. A shaman can corrupt the element they wield themselves as shown by Garosh's Dark Shamans
So I do not see a problem with Thrall getting corrupted by void gods who are said to be more powerful than any old god / titan

The Elemental Planes belong to the Elements, that served loyally the Old Gods for millenia, so they wouldn't have a reason to corrupt it. Except the land of the Earth and Water Elementals.

Anything can be corrupted...

I now both understand and sympathize greatly with Sargeras.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well, from what we saw in RoC, Medivh was pretty out of Sargeras' influence or he was just doing his bidding to eliminate opposition like Archimonde!? But that last one would not make that much sense.
Anyways... maybe, Medivh can get now corrupted because he has to also face off Sargeras' taint on top the voidness? What there still is of Sargeras on Medivh's soul. But I like to think of only his body to be afflicted and as it was destroyed by the heroes, then I guess he'd be pretty much cured to have RoC make sense.
Then, demons will be the dudes to do something against it.

But let's not forget that the opposition to Shadow is Light. However, a lot of the circle positioning on that image lead to controversy.
I think some of them are on a spinning wheel and basically it means that Air is also present on the Nature side. Thrall uses all of those spheres except Decay. I don't understand why decay is on the same level as the elemental planes... Basically it should be a part of all the elements as the transition to death. So anyway, maybe we get Light wielders as paladins to be part of the battle against voidification?

I could use some Night Elf Techtree ideas (Night Elves serving Malfurion) that'd be great.
I need time for that. I don't have it today.

Last edited:
Level 29
I could use some Night Elf Techtree ideas (Night Elves serving Malfurion) that'd be great.

Like units, spells and upgrades?

If so, I need you to be more especific.
Will we control a different Night Elf army other than the Sentinels and the Watchers?

Last edited:
Level 29
Yes, units/spells/upgrades/buildings

Any night elf army would be fitting as long as it's different from the original NE one.

Here are some ideas for units:
-Wildkins (the Watchers have used them)
-Demon Hunters
-Priestesses of Elune
-Druids of the Grove
-Forest Nymphs

I have an idea: Druids of the Flame with two options
-Some of them might have been reformed by Malfurion and may serve as ally units
OR
-Some remnants are still loyal to the Old Gods and will serve as enemies.
Your choice.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I could use some Night Elf Techtree ideas (Night Elves serving Malfurion)
You can keep the druids of the Claw and Talon, the Dryads and Mountain Giants maybe even the Fairy Dragons and Chimaeras.
You could add Furbolgs and Wildkins to this faction too. Even ancients?
This faction could be based more on caster units than brute force.

Models for units:
Night Elf Druid Cat Form
NEDruidCat
-a second form for druids of the claw to choose from? Abilities with attack and move speed, damage over time (open wounds), jump from cliffs and on?

Dark Ancient
-an ancient/treat caster with healing, buffing abilities, nature based damage ones (winds, earth, water based)?

Nymph
-the nymph/sylph. This can also be a caster unless you find someone to make an animation for that spear to either have it a melee unit or a ranged one for proper damage.

Spirit of Elders
-:D this could be a temporary unit from a spell. It can have some aura effects among other stuff. Doesn't necessarily need to attack but be there to inspire.

Ent Crossbowman
-:D in case you need ranged units with proper damage. Poison arrows but try differentiating from the Dyad's slow poison. Maybe a passive or active (with a temporary buff and cooldown) spell that makes enemy units take more damage from units or certain ones like the Ent crossbow wielder.

DruidWarSoulFinale
-in case you need more heroes. This can be a strength based one with damage based spells.

Hero_Huntress
-maybe you could use this for something? I don't know... It has hero glow though...

Glade Reaver
Guardian
Ancient Warrior
-heavy melee unit with somewhat weak resistance to damage but strong against casters. Could have something like bash or critical strike.

Sylvan Enchantress
-spell caster hero. Healing/buff and/or damage based.

Druid Guide
-another spell casting hero which could be based more on summons and buffs.

Flower Dryad
-ranged damage dealer hero based on agility.

Stone Sentinel
-could be a neutral hero (allied or enemy for an optional quest) or something related to the Tauren and Night Elf in some way.

Mobile Ancient of Mana
-a summon or a temporary form for the Ancient of Wind, maybe one of them also a spell caster?

Mobile ancient of Life
Mammoth
-similar to above but damage based? A form for the Ancient of War?

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/conjurer.132230/
-battle mage. Buffs and DPS.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/centaur.103826/
-neutral unit?

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ancient-turtle.97451/
-water based unit (Ancient of Wonders) with siege damage similar to the Naga Dragon Turtle? Can sell items in this form too?

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/faerie.96995/
-support unit and/or summoned unit.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/tree-golem.90739/
-either for the NE or enemy faction. A heavy unit with resistance to everything but siege damage? Slow moving and attacking. It has either siege or magic damage.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ancientofstome.91268/
-neutral unit?

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/treantmage.51347/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/treant.49150/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/heroent.48500/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/treent-flyer.48449/
-I don't know :D

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ancient-malfurion.48312/
-treant unit or Ancient Protector upgrade/form which has no rooting.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/nightelf-druidess.47951/
-hero druidic spell caster if needed.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/watcher.47746/
-I'm not sure :D

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/archdruid.49781/
-druid hero with Wildkin form.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/humanmage.47437/
-druid of the wolf?

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/wareagle.49633/
-flying unit, summon or neutral one?

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ent.49200/
-neutral unit?

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/lordxavius.225798/
-enemy agility hero, pretty deadly but not that strong.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/female-satyr.250393/
-for the corrupted faction. Fast attack, hits multiple targets but fragile.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/nightelfartisan.190038/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ent-peasant-corrupted.211064/
-with another skin (artisan) could be a worker for evil factions since they chop trees.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/nightelfwarlock.164278/
-evil side spell caster. Curses with negative buffs, DPS etc.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/corrupted-ancient-of-mana.129585/
-opposite side of what I wrote for the other version of this model above or a new fast attack based enemy unit.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/corrupted-ancient-of-life.129579/
-something similar to the one above.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/herocorruptedent.48499/
-baddie hero, strength based.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/corrupted-treent-flyer.48451/
-boi is that hideous. Could be a weak flying enemy unit.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/herokeeperofthegrove.47532/
-keeper of the dead, man.

Models for buildings you could use:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/den-of-wind-night-elf-graveyard.287421/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/denofwonders.135830/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ne_birth_corrupt.110551/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/night-elven-town-hall.49110/

For corrupted factions you could simply use antiversions of units, corrupted treants, furbolgs, dryads etc. Well you can get more technical and differentiate them more through visuals and abilities.

Level 29
Y
You could add Furbolgs and Wildkins to this faction too. Even ancients?
This faction could be based more on caster units than brute force.

I totally agree. Since Malfurion will lead his own army, it makes sense it will be more base on spellcasters and ancients than regular night elven units.

Night Elf Druid Cat Form
NEDruidCat
-a second form for druids of the claw to choose from? Abilities with attack and move speed, damage over time (open wounds), jump from cliffs and on?

I like it.

Ent Crossbowman
-:D in case you need ranged units with proper damage. Poison arrows but try differentiating from the Dyad's slow poison. Maybe a passive or active (with a temporary buff and cooldown) spell that makes enemy units take more damage from units or certain ones like the Ent crossbow wielder.

1. Ents using weapons?
2. I don't think Night Elves use crossbows. In my opinion, bows are way superior than crossbows.

Sylvan Enchantress
-spell caster hero. Healing/buff and/or damage based.

This could serve as either a hero or a spellcaster unit like dryads trained personally by Cenarius.

HumanMage
-druid of the wolf?

The first Worgen were night elves so this could work.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
- Creeps that would fit into ashenvale
Elder Werebear (furbolg-like)
WereBear
Furbolgowlrider(fly) (Easter egg?)
GrizzlyBear (summoned spirit bear?)
ZombieDog_ByEpsilon (risen animal)
Azgathoth (not sure if this fits Ashenvale or not but it could have a lot of various abilities and even be a mini-boss)
Dire Balverine (lycanthropy temporary curse on units which turn them hostile?)
Brown Balverine
TaurenDruidCat (maybe this can come in handy sometime)
Blue and Green Raptors (some lost raptors? Very fast creatures)
Panther (definitely panthers :D)
White Tiger (maybe white tigers too?)
Satyr (not entirely sure, maybe a spell caster which shoots stuff out of his fists or maybe a melee one :D?)
DragonSpawnGreen (dragon magic, elemental or something)
Greendragonspawn (dragon on feet/ground mode; can use Raven Form/Crow Form on green dragons)
Mal'Gus and Magma Globules (Chimaera/Hyda+Black Dragon hybrid? Neutral boss)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/gorynych.229511/#resource-34112 (similar to above?)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/scarlet-needle.207910/#resource-32234 (poisonous insect?)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/weredragon-green.112721/#resource-26386 (human dragon hybrid!? A sort of druid of the drake? I don't know...)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/wyvern.207604/#resource-32219 (you could use this as a basilisk which temporarily petrifies [turns to stone] units)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/pumpkin-phantom.105538/#resource-26048 (Easter egg)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/lizardmanwarlock.239001/#resource-34791 (Lizardmen? Dragon related wizards or just mages who experimented with dragon related magic/components and got mutated/augmented)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/treant-and-derivatives.288603/#resource-68949 (various treants)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/ancienthero.97950/#resource-25768 (this is some funny stuff)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/archerupdated.48925/#resource-22072 (I don't know :D)

More for the bad dudes:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/darkelven_sorceress.248348/#resource-35601 (demonologist, summoner, damage spells)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/satyr.49044/#resource-22191 (in case you want this for resource gathering)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/demon-satyr.93949/#resource-25522 (satyrs, of course, not sure about this one as it's very chaosy but maybe good for Emerald Nightmare related stuff?)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/satyr-overlord.228051/#resource-33962 (satyr bossman)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/illidanevil.47412/#resource-20128 (anti-demon hunter :D?)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/peekays-hero-blackwing-fiend.169419/#resource-29638 (satyr form or undead, could be neutral)

Some for the good guys:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/thread...rmrage-and-derivatives.274058/#resource-37539 (Furion alternate forms/morphs)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/dragon-warrior.50724/#resource-24036 (green dragonflight aid? "Human" form. Could be neutral)
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/yserathedreamer.180052/#resource-30250 (Ysera in human form in case you need this. I'm not a fan of this human form idea though)

In my opinion, bows are way superior than crossbows.
I don't know the technicalities but I think the crossbow is at least faster both in shooting and propelling the arrow. The bow might be better in terms of range.
The first Worgen were night elves so this could work.
Reallyo_O?
Yeah... the wiki doesn't say much on how the curse came to be but they really did a retcon in Cataclysm.

Level 29
I don't know the technicalities but I think the crossbow is at least faster both in shooting and propelling the arrow. The bow might be better in terms of range.

The bow is better in both time to reload, economy and range.

I never heard or read anything about night elves using crossbows.

Reallyo_O?
Yeah... the wiki doesn't say much on how the curse came to be but they really did a retcon in Cataclysm.

Some druids, named Druids of the Pack tried to learn the ability to become worgen. However they were consumed by their insticts and killed both night elves and satyrs alike. Malfurion was forced to banished them into a corner of the Emerald Dream.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The bow is better in both time to reload, economy and range.
I read bows needed time to master and crossbows could be used by almost anyone like you'd use a gun nowadays. Also, it's heavier requiring more stamina and, yes, it took longer time to reload. It seems they were easier to use while on a horse. They were pretty effective when used as muskets with lines of soldiers shooting while others were reloading.

Reloading took maybe 3-4 sec and only 1-2 sec on a bow, but archers needed like 2-5 sec to aim up properly, while crossbowmen could just fire straight and hit.

The real problem was running out of arrows.

While Crossbowmen usually fired bolts that were basically sharp, long nails, which took up way less space than those fragile arrows with feathers on top.

Edit: But arrows from a bow were much more lethal.

Stories tell of skilled archers that could fire arrows from high up that could penetrate not only the armor of a knight, but also trough the horse underneath with the same shot.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Reloading took maybe 3-4 sec and only 1-2 sec on a bow, but archers needed like 2-5 sec to aim up properly, while crossbowmen could just fire straight and hit.
I disagree. The bow was held in front while the crossbow, being heavier, most times was held downward when the bolts were placed on it. Firing straight only mattered if the enemy was close or not moving on a horse or something.
While Crossbowmen usually fired bolts that were basically sharp, long nails, which took up way less space than those fragile arrows with feathers on top.
That might just be. I'm not sure if they used to put bolts on fire but they surely did it with arrows.
We're not referring to after medieval era crossbows because obviously the technology evolved since then.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
those are crossbow bolts, much more lethal than arrows and been around in the middle ages.
You've misunderstood. I meant comparing medieval era crossbows to longbows. They weren't that good but faster to use than bows.

And you've edited with:
Edit: But arrows from a bow were much more lethal.
Make up your mind?

~ * 2ND UPDATE [3/3/2018] * ~
--> [deepstrasz special update] <--
- Added major changes to description
- 2nd Mission now available for testing (Terrain and AI are incomplete, like usual..They'll be added in the finalized version)

KNOWN BUGS!

1-The Nurturer unit's portrait will appear as a high elf's portrait (1.26a+ Versions only, working on a fix for it)

N8etMqU.jpg

4ZGaXZA.jpg

- Design for next mission.

MEDIVH RETURNS
"After Tyrande's death, Malfurion has totally lost his sanity but Medivh intervenes to calm him down and explains the whole deal with Hurmongreth, the only way for them to rescue Azeroth is to head towards the Caverns of Time and return back to the past before Hurmongreth's corruption that they may defeat them...their next destination: Tanaris!"

SHORES OF BLOOD
"On their way to Tanaris.. Malfurion and Thrall are captured by Azshara's Naga. Queen Azshara, frightened that Hurmongreth's powers will eventually affect her Naga and threaten her rule over Nazjatar; decides to aid Malfurion and Thrall reach their destination as they fight their way through a corrupted Gnomish army that's taking hold over some isles that lead to Tanaris, lead by Gelbin Mekkatorque himself."
Fv5pO7p.jpg

- Please provide nitpicking reviews for me to improve, any feedback or support you give/provide will be greatly appreciated! +Rep and your name mentioned in credits/author list depending on your support.
- There are no applications, all kind of support is welcome

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
The larger crossbows had way more penetrating power, the easier way to dealing with armored targets since it went through plate at medium to short range.
The main downside was reloading, taking two strong men to pull the string back.

So basically, not very useful for elves generally. (unless you count those tiny crossbows that you can hold in one hand, not sure about those)

At any rate - who cares? it is not meant to be historically accurate.
I think it is a stylistic downgrade though. Elves and bows go hand in hand in my mind ^^

@Zenonoth
Confusing mission description.
First you say that Azshara ambush them
and then she helps them??