1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sylvan Enchantress

Submitted by AndrewOverload519
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
After fiddling around in Mdlvis, I've finally got this model to work!

The concept behind this hero unit is an elder Dryad who is adept at using nature magic to support her allies rather than directly going on the offensive. I suppose the ultimate spell for the Sylvan Enchantress could be some sort of nasty mega-buff!

This model uses ingame textures, so no need to worry about texture paths. Just simply import both the model and the portrait into your custom map!

If you want to use this model then feel free to do that, provided that you'll give credit to me in return.

RECOMMENDED WORLD EDITOR VALUES:
Scaling Value: 1.20
Selection Scale: 1.60
Shadow Image: Normal, 68.00 (Center X & Y), 160.00 (Height & Width)
Unit Name: Sylvan Enchantress
Proper Names: Ceri, Delwyn, Eirian, Faye, Gwenyth, Llewella, Morwen, Nimue, Olwyn, Rhiannon, Seren, Talaith

UPDATE 1:
Slight edit to the portrait model.

UPDATE 2:
Major upgrade! The model now uses full ingame textures which are adapted to fit the model, effectively reducing file size and also making the model easier to import. The buttons have also been changed to match the updated model. There are also various other changes as well, such as...

- Particle effects should now look less "flat" and are unshaded.
- The staff now has a teamcoloured glow. The glows should now also disappear when the Sylvan Enchantress dies.
- The staff's crystal is now unshaded, which means it can glow in the dark!
- More bones are added to various places such as the cape, just incase more animations need to be worked on.

UPDATE 3:
I forgot to change around a few bones on the staff, so I did that. Nothing major, though.

UPDATE 4:
I've made a few more changes since the last major update. These new changes include...

- Using a clever texture and geoset animation technique, I've now made the light from the staff's crystal (not the team coloured glow) fade as the Sylvan Enchantress dies. The crystal should be completely dim by the time the Enchantress reaches her Dissipate amination.
- Added the belt from the original version back in. Also changed the staff's texture a little bit to look closer to the original.
- A Dissipate sound has been added.

This should be the last update before I move on to a different model.

UPDATE 5:
After experimenting with animations, I have made a new update! Changes include...

- The hair and cape should now properly flow with movement instead of being stiff all the time.
- Added a Stand Channel animation.
- Reworked the particle effects to something that is nicer looking.
- The staff no longer goes through the body during the Death animation.

UPDATE 6:
Another animation-related update! I've now modified both Attack animations, making them more spellcaster-ish and less like she is trying to throw away her staff and ragequit. As the Sylvan Enchantress is supposed to be a spellcaster hero, the new Attack animations should be more fitting for her role.

UPDATE 6.5:
Fixed the screwy tail animations. I dunno how those got there. O_O

UPDATE 6.75:
Made the teamcoloured areas of the model unshaded.

UPDATE 7:
Long time, new update! Changes include...

- The cape has been lengthened a bit and its animations are reworked. Personally, I think it looks nicer.
- A new and improved portrait.
- Reworked the Dissipate animation, looking more like those of the official WC3 hero units minus the Undead ones.
- Applied some visual tweaks here and there. They may not be immediately noticable, though.

UPDATE 8:
A new major update! Changes include...

- Various meshes have been edited and remapped, while some have also been given new textures, creating a new and improved look.
- Added various other details, such as the vines wrapping around the staff.
- Made the leaves on the staff properly animate with movement.
- Recalculated extents.

Keywords:
hero, dryad, keeper of the grove, female, centaur, deer, doe, spellcaster, not the dryad you are looking for
Contents

Sylvan Enchantress (Model)

Sylvan Enchantress (Model)

Reviews
20:40, 9th Mar 2013 Kwaliti: I love how this model turned out. Great usage of in-game textures.
  1. 20:40, 9th Mar 2013
    Kwaliti: I love how this model turned out. Great usage of in-game textures.

2. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    So a geomerge between a dryad and Jaina. Why did that require two custom skins?
    Why did that even require one custom skin, you could've managed with ingame skins.

3. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Looks good, but it can be done with ingame textures.

4. AndrewOverload519

AndrewOverload519

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I don't know how to say this without sounding like a moron, but can anyone demonstrate to me how this can possibly be done with only in-game textures? I'm just curious to know since a couple of people had already pointed that out, and I agree that two custom textures is a bit much.

5. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    While I'm no skinner, I have some experience trawling the MPQ & especially in making use of available resources. Basically (having not downloaded your model yet), you take the custom textures you have, determine what parts of the model they belong to, and then you muck about in the MPQ's (war3.mpq, war3x.mpq, war3xlocal.mpq, etc) for suitable textures to replace them.

Resourcefulness is key; take a look at some of the greats for in-game textures (-Grendel?, WhiteDeath, Deolrin, some others, please-don't-be-offended-I-didn't-include-you, etc :p). If you look at the textures of their models, you'll notice they pull from all sorts of sources (parts of boats & buildings, icons, parts of items, etc). It's almost certain you can find what you're looking for if you look hard enough.

Good luck!

6. DeuceGorgon

DeuceGorgon

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good model on image. In game is too good but with medium texture.
    But this model have 1 -
    Because i don't like her attack :D Sry :)
    4/5 :p

7. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Wonderful, much better.

8. NelsonLaJe

NelsonLaJe

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    woooooooooooooooooow
    very nice man
    GOOD JOB!

5/5

9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Quite a 'sweet suite' of improvements. Could be a good female-version of the Keeper of the Grove (like the NE need another female hero xD).

10. BunnyAng

BunnyAng

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'd say it's pretty cool. Was looking for a NE model and here's one.

11. Kenshein

Kenshein

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This model is very pretty and cool

12. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks like a tough woman.

13. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Wow! It looks fantastic now! :thumbs_up: You applied nice changes to it. GJ! :goblin_good_job: 5/5 from me!

14. Situ

Situ

Resources:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    nice changes, good model :)

15. Baddog_cujo

Baddog_cujo

Resources:
    Resources:
    love it

4/5

16. MoMoDeviluke

MoMoDeviluke

Resources:
    Resources:
    well done 4/5 for this one i think

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Wow. Not only is this model impressive, but what's really impressive is how you keep on enhancing it (even though it's already approved). Good show.

It wouldn't be amiss for you to post again each time you fix something; that way it'll get more attention. :p

18. Toxic 75

Toxic 75

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dryad + Jaina....

19. Weasley

Weasley

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great work! 5/5