• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Children of Cenarius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I was creating my own race and here is the CoC unit equivalent to the Orc units:

Peon-Wisp
Grunt-Guardian
Headhunter-Sylvan Ranger
Demolisher-Ballista
Shaman-Enchantress
Witch Doctor-Druid of the Wild
Spirit Walker-Keeper of the Grove
Raider-Glade Reaver
Kodo Rider-Mountain Giants
Bat Rider-Spirit of Fire
Wind Rider-Spirit of the Forest
Tauren-Forest Protector

That were only the units. I will post the Buildings, Heroes and upgrades soon. What do you think about it?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This is a good place to start, but remember that what truly makes a custom race stand out is when you've injected a little originality into it's parts. i.e. Perhaps try and mix & match unit-types, instead of just making direct "CoC-versions" of the existing Orc techtree. What would a Necromancer + Mortar Team be like (ranged siege caster)? What about a Spell Breaker + Batrider (light flying anti-siege)? Or a Mountain Giant + Obsidian Statue (heavy tank + regenerative support)? Etc. Fill all the roles necessary (basic/intermediate/advanced melee, basic/intermediate/advanced ranged, builder/gatherer, siege, casters, flyers, etc), then have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.