• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] Need AI to build by Race/or Faction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,
This is what I'm trying to do, but I need help:
In my project which I've been working on for MONTHS, there are 12 players and each is somewhat separated by race, here is a listing:
Player: Race/Faction
Player 1 Human (Lordaeron)
Player 2 Human (Azeroth)
Player 3 Human (Dwarves)
Player 4 Orc (Frostwolf Clan)
Player 5 Undead (Vampires)
Player 6 Orc (BlackRock Clan)
Player 7 Night Elf (Khaldorei)
Player 8 Human (Blood Elves)
Player 9 Undead (Nerubians)
Player 10 Orc (Taurens)
Player 11 Orc (Trolls)
Player 12 Undead (Undead)

So question 1. Do I need AI Editor to do this or can I do it with triggers?

futhermore, what I want to do is to make minor changes to each player's unit tech-tree, thats ALL. easy huh?
Well I did ALL that in the Scenario Properties, like for example.

For Player 1 Human (Lordaeron)
units omitted: Rifleman, Mortar Team, Flying Machine, Gryphon Rider, Priest, Sorceress, Spell Breaker and Dragonhawk.
hero used: Archmage

For Player 2 Human (Azeroth)
units omitted: Rifleman, Mortar Team, Flying Machine, Gryphon Rider, Priest, Sorceress, Spell Breaker and Dragonhawk.
hero used: Paladin

For Player 3 Human (Dwarves)
units omitted: Footman, Knight, Priest, Sorceress, Siege Engine, Spell Breaker, Dragonhawk Rider.
hero used: Mountain King

For Player 4 Orc (Frostwolf Clan)
units omitted: Tauren, Troll Headhunter, Troll Batrider, Troll Witch Doctor, and Spirit Walker.
hero used: Far Seer

For Player 5 Undead (Vampires)
units omitted: none
hero used: Dreadlord

For Player 6 Orc (BlackRock Clan)
units omitted: Tauren, Troll Headhunter, Troll Batrider, Troll Witch Doctor, and Spirit Walker.
hero used: Blademaster

For Player 7 Night Elf (Khaldorei)
hero used: ALL

For Player 8 Human (Blood Elves)
units omitted: Footman, Knight, Rifleman, Mortar Team, Flying Machine, and Gryphon Rider.
hero used: Blood Mage

For Player 9 Undead (Nerubians)
hero used: Crypt Lord

For Player 10 Orc (Taurens)
units omitted: Grunt, Raider, Troll Headhunter, Demolisher, Kodo Beast, Wind Rider, Troll Batrider, Troll Witch Doctor, and Shaman.
hero used: Tauren Chieftain

For Player 11 Orc (Trolls)
units omitted: Grunt, Raider, Tauren, Demolisher, Kodo Beast, Wind Rider, Shaman and Spirit Walker.
hero used: Shadow Hunter

For Player 12 Undead (Undead)
heroes used: Death Knight and Lich

whew, well thats all. NOW, the only problem I have is when I play in the testing phase, some of the AI's will not build and/or attack? So I'm guessing it has something to do with omitting certain units? Is there someway to make it so that they can build and attack regardless of unit tech-tree changes? Does it have to something to do with modifying the AI's build order in the AI Editor? Please help and I will credit you on my map! Thanks in advanced! :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
You will have to write your own AIs for your races, the easiest method with AI editor. Using the default AI would not work, since missing units will stuck AI at early stages.

If you plan using AI editor, import your map's custom object data and set the AI race for your races to custom. To get familiar with AI editor I suggest you to look at examples provided from Blizzard.

But if you want to make more complex, harder AI, then you will have to learn to write the commands in text format (JASS).

Btw, how looks a like one of those techtrees, some of them seem very truncated?

Level 3
thanks

You will have to write your own AIs for your races, the easiest method with AI editor. Using the default AI would not work, since missing units will stuck AI at early stages.

If you plan using AI editor, import your map's custom object data and set the AI race for your races to custom. To get familiar with AI editor I suggest you to look at examples provided from Blizzard.

But if you want to make more complex, harder AI, then you will have to learn to write the commands in text format (JASS).

Btw, how looks a like one of those techtrees, some of them seem very truncated?

Lol, oh yes I know.
The Taurens for example, will be featuring 3 unitsTaurens, Sprit Walkers and a single hero, The Tauren Chieftain. Not alot of variety, so now I'm in the process now of balancing everything, and believe me, for a noob in this field, its hard WORK! :eek:

Thanks, I'm just getting started writing up the script, I've done some testing, and it works, not quite as I expected, but I works!
I've deleted the trigger:
  • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
in the melee initialization. and then used AI Editor to write up the build/tech order of each AI. I do however, would like to know how to use JASS, assuming it would be the ultimate method in writing an AI script. Thanks again man. :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.