• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] wierd AI bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm still working on the same map. Thanks to you guys I got the tank's turrets turning. But now I noticed something wierd about the AI.

I have 4 races, human(Allied), orc(GLA), undead, and NE(Aliens). the undead and alien AI works fine, but there's a very disturbing bug about the Allied and GLA AI, which heavily affects gameplay.

Here are the list of units of the two races (excluding custom units, heroes, and special units), plus whatever it's made from:
Allied :
- engineer (peasant)
- rifleman (footman)
- juggernaut a.ka MG gunner (dwarf rifleman)
- rocket soldier (knight)
- M270 MLRS (mortar team)
- Humvee (flying machine)
- AH-64D Apache Gunship (gryphon rider)
- field medic (priest)
- M2 Bradley IFV (sorceress)
- AH-1J Cobra Helicopter (siege engine)
- M1A2 Abrams MBT (spell breaker)
- sniper team (dragonhawk rider)

Terrorists (maybe I'd change the name to GLA..) :
- worker (peon)
- gunman (grunt)
- ZSU 23-4 Shilka (raider)
- RPG soldier (tauren)
- sniper (troll headhunter)
- BM-21 Grad (demolisher)
- T-72 tank (kodo beast)
- Mi-8 Hip (wind rider)
- Mi-24 Hind (troll batrider)
- molotov thrower (troll witch doctor)
- terrorist a.ka suicide bomber (shaman)

I notice that for many times when I play the map, the allied AI and GLA AI only trains, and uses, THESE units :
Allied : engineer, rifleman, juggernaut
GLA : worker, gunman, sniper, BM-21 (last time I did see Hips and Hinds but not in the next game.)

This bug really affects gameplay, because :
- The Allied true power resides in their mech units, so does the GLA (really, when they do, the allied AI kinda seems really, really though).
- The undead and alien AI can still use all their units, which causes...
- the humans (allied and GLA) become TOO easily crushed, especially by the alien's giant robots and hero mech units. They still, however, stand a chance against undead.
- Only human players can fully utilize those badass mech units of the Allied or GLA forces.

Now one more thing about this bug, it happened many, many times in the development of my map. Last time it happened is after I got the triggers for the tank & IFV turrets to turn successfully.

Could somebody tell me what's happening or maybe I should upload the map? thx

Level 7
Melee ai doesn't work for custom race, you got to trigger it if you want it to work properly (write a custom ai for custom race)

Level 3
thanks for the advice, guys. then again, these are NOT custom races, they're original races with really heavy modifications (models, attacks, names, etc).

Level 3
It worked! Now it's up and running, and Abrams tanks are going around shooting alien robots. Thanks guys!

wish I could upload the map, for some reason I can't.. I'll try anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.