• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Battle for Azeroth: War of Thorns Remastered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
bfawarbanner-png.390783

Elune-Adore, everyone. I have a new-ish custom campaign coming soon! Reintroducing Battle for Azeroth: War of Thorns Remastered. Originally released on Jun 11, 2020, this campaign is based on the War of Thorns leadup event to the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth expansion released in 2018.

Features
  • 6 single-player chapters and 3 cinematic interludes
  • 2 brand new levels featuring the Power of the Horde!
  • Hundreds of custom models, voice files and music
  • Reworked heroes, with reworked models and spells

divider-png.390761

bfarecap-png.390765
The Story So Far...

Following the war with the Burning Legion, the Alliance and Horde's forces were diminished. With both factions debilitated in their ability to reinforce Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, the Horde came up with a a plan to secure Kalimdor and elicit a political crisis in the Alliance that would lead to their downfall.

After luring a majority of the Alliance forces to Silithus through misinformation, the horde seek to hold Darnassus hostage and use the political crisis to sow division, forever breaking the Alliance...

divider-png.390761

bfaprev1-png.390766

Shot5.jpgShot3.jpgShot2.jpgShot1.jpgShot4.jpg

FAQ
1) Have all levels been remastered?
Yes, nearly all levels have been re-touched in some way. Extensive playtesting and feedback were graciously provided by Lazarator, cleavinghammer and Lordul Dracula.
2) Why develop this remaster? Because the original release was plagued with bugs, unfinished concepts, and overall felt lacking in many regards. A big thanks to YonatanDS for his help in providing the cool new Grunt and Forsaken Necromancer models.
3) Why is Wally in this campaign? Because Wally is a good dude who just wants to help out.
4) Will we get to play as Sylvanas? Yes! And she's as bad as ever.
5) Can I play this with Warcraft III: Reforged? No. This custom campaign was developed with Frozen Throne 1.27b.

divider-png.390761

goodwarcomic-png.390779

One of the issues people had with the original War of Thorns event was the lack of context of Sylvanas actions that led to the Burning of Teldrassil. To rectify this, this campaign features two brand new levels which incorporate some of the backstory seen in the novella A Good War by Robert Brooks. This short story basically recounts the War of Thorns from the Horde's perspective. The tie-in comic seen here is by Blizzard Senior Concept Artist Amanda K. The other new level is set in Zoram'gar Outpost, a base camp near Darkshore. It's intended to flesh out the Horde's lightning-fast conquest of Ashenvale and their defeat of the Night Elf resistance. I hope you folks will look forward to this campaign's release soon!

In the meantime, do try out my latest campaign Book of Rexxar: Drums of War, starring the indomitable Rexxar in a brand new adventure.

divider-png.390761

Last edited:
Level 23
An interesting idea, I'm sure it will be as epic as it sounds, your content never disappoints. The truth is that the history of Battle for Azeroth seems to me that it was wasted by Blizzard and I believe that something very good can be done with it.

Much encouragement with the project, regards.

Level 23
ff-1.jpg
ff-122.jpg

Quick media update of the new prologue, which now lets you take control of Varok Saurfang and the Horde as they raze the peaceful village of Astranaar. Those poor blighters never saw it coming. But hey, all in the name of long-term peace, eh?

ttb93, Mephisto has been re-cast in this level. Resyak, I understand your concern. I hope this update is received well by the community!

ff-13.jpg

The second new level involves the Horde pursuing Sira Moonwarden, who actually makes a brief appearance in the actual Battle for Azeroth expansion, but is killed and raised into a Forsaken traitor. I decided to expand her role here, showing her giving the Horde a hard time as they make their way to the World Tree. Stay tuned for the final release soon-ish!

Status
Not open for further replies.