• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Battle for Azeroth

What should I do about this campaign?

• Improve the storyline

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Improve the terrain

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Improve the custom imports

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Improve the spells

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Improve the gameplay

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Call of this whole project

Votes: 9 9.8%

• Total voters
Resuming the work on the campaign, need people who'll help me with it's fixing and work I'll gladly reward them, PM me if you wish to apply for any job no matter how small.

WHAT IS CURRENTLY NEEDED: People who test all missions of the campaign and nitpick the most minor issues/details that needs fixing no matter how small and be very precise about them.

Last edited:
Level 29
Resuming the work on the campaign, need people who'll help me with it's fixing and work I'll gladly reward them, PM me if you wish to apply for any job no matter how small.

WHAT IS CURRENTLY NEEDED: People who test all missions of the campaign and nitpick the most minor issues/details that needs fixing no matter how small and be very precise about them.

I volunteer, however I will unable to help from August 10th to August 27th since I am going to be in a place without internet. There might be some times when I have access to wifi and then I will try to test and review.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I played a little bit of this campaign as well. Some of the criticisms I had for your Final Battle campaign apply here, too, but I'm glad there seem to be macro sections now. Although I wonder why you deleted the Final Battle after my review.

Level 3
So, given that I did a complete run through the current campaign demo for my Youtube channel, as I was in the mood for it, here's a few things which bothered me (doesn't include lore issues!) from gameplay perspective. Some of these might already be known, but I'm listing them up anyways:

Bugs/major issues:
- AI doesn't work in all build-up missions, when you play on "Normal" difficulty. I thought during the second mission that it was maybe supposed to be that way, as there came no attacks from Cenarius' base, but when the third mission talked about Malfurion and Thrall having to defend Azshara's island from air attacks, I was pretty much surprised to see that they were no air attacks at all (thus making mission 3 one of the worst missions within the entire campaign so far, as there is no challenge at all!)
Mission 4 suffers the same problem as I walked straight into Jaina's base with my hero squad and starting units, while beating it down within minutes - the rest was done by two siege goblins, which I recruited, otherwise nothing stood in my way so far.
So, definitly implement an AI, which actually produces stuff and sends units towards your base.

-Admiral Proudmoore boss fight can be glitched, when you skip the cinematic (or so I presume at least) - when I showed off the boss fight, it worked out normal, but I was insta-killed by one of the tornados. When reloading the mission and reaching the boss again, Proudmoore didn't move at all and could be killed off without any problems, as the tornadoes just went their pattern while Thrall and Malfurion stood in their safe zone.
Same situation with Jaina, I guess, as she stood stationary within her base, but at least she casted stuff, so I guess that's how it's supposed to be.

- Speaking of Proudmoore's tornadoes it can also be said, that insta-kill tornadoes seem to be quite unfair for such a wild boss battle, as I lost the fight in the first place, because Malfurion's hitbox was somehow touched by the one of the tornado - despite the model showing that he was out of range - maybe the tornadoes should have a damage over time aura rather than instakilling units within range.
This could also allow to make their movement more random, as right now they're quite predictable and easy to dodge.

- Mission three is a joke, as it doesn't offer any challenge at all. There are boats and gunners spamed all over the place, while all you have to do is building up your Naga forces, go for a swim with Azshara and kill the four harbours, while it is impossible to lose the mission.
As mentioned above, the mission might work out, if it has an active AI, which attacks the Naga base from time to time, but as it is right now it could as well be an interlude.

Minor issues:
- the quest log on the Admiral Proudmoore encounter says you have to finish the mission in 15 minutes - in the actual mission though it shows 10 minutes

- the 'Vault of Nazjatar' aka Naga shop offers less items than the previous Night elf shop, which at least provided players with scrolls. Overall though the shops seemed quite underwhelming as there was nothing of actual interest to be found there

- Stat-boosting items are present in mission 1, thus easily leading to the problem, that players might consider Nazgrel to pick up these items, as he's after all a useful strength hero.
Given though that he gets killed off within mission 2 straight during the intro sequence, you get back the items he had in inventory, but you lose any tomes he picked up during the first mission. Thus people, who know the campaign will give Thrall all the tomes, he finds on mission 1, as it's a waste to give them to Nazgrel.
Furthermore there's a bug, where the items, Nazgrel previously had dropped, vanish from the starting zone in mission 2, once you obtained Malfurion.

- The Silence Rod is the best item in the game so far. It's so good, I utilized it on every caster enemy I met, thus making each hero encounter an easy challenge.
I might recommend a mana cost on the spell, as otherwise the item is way too good for any further encounters, which work on non-trigger base.

- The item drop on Admiral Proudmoore seems way too fast for my personal taste, as you can easily miss it. I recommend to drop it on the next mission, as otherwise it's frustrating for a player, if he realizes it too late and the mission ends.

Minor complaints:

- Although you meet a lot of heroes on your journey, it's balancewise odd to have two intelligence heroes as you main heroes over the entire campaign, thus making it also quite hard to decide whom to grant the Intelligence-tomes on future missions. Given the design of the campaign, people will most likely continiue to stack the majority of items on Thrall and Malfurion as long as they can, while assuming that any future assisting heroes might not necessarily make a return in future missions, thus it will make it even more troublesome to decide.
Rolewise I would recommend Thrall as the frontline caster due to his wolf summons being always helpful in any scenario, so damage-enhancing items should always go to him, wheras Malfurion serves in most missions as a support hero.

- I mentioned that I won't nickpick on lore-altered choices regarding the campaign, as it obviously follows its own lore, nontheless it stood out for me how ridiculously easy the supposed demi-god Cenarius was slain by my troops within seconds, once I silenced him. He could definitly use some more durability.

Apart from that, nice custom campaign so far, while I loved especially the voice acting. Whoever did Malfurion in this campaign definitly made the best job for a project, being made on fan-basis.
Would definitly like to see more of it in the future and eventually continiue it, when new content is being released.

So, given that I did a complete run through the current campaign demo for my Youtube channel, as I was in the mood for it, here's a few things which bothered me (doesn't include lore issues!) from gameplay perspective. Some of these might already be known, but I'm listing them up anyways:

Bugs/major issues:
- AI doesn't work in all build-up missions, when you play on "Normal" difficulty. I thought during the second mission that it was maybe supposed to be that way, as there came no attacks from Cenarius' base, but when the third mission talked about Malfurion and Thrall having to defend Azshara's island from air attacks, I was pretty much surprised to see that they were no air attacks at all (thus making mission 3 one of the worst missions within the entire campaign so far, as there is no challenge at all!)
Mission 4 suffers the same problem as I walked straight into Jaina's base with my hero squad and starting units, while beating it down within minutes - the rest was done by two siege goblins, which I recruited, otherwise nothing stood in my way so far.
So, definitly implement an AI, which actually produces stuff and sends units towards your base.

-Admiral Proudmoore boss fight can be glitched, when you skip the cinematic (or so I presume at least) - when I showed off the boss fight, it worked out normal, but I was insta-killed by one of the tornados. When reloading the mission and reaching the boss again, Proudmoore didn't move at all and could be killed off without any problems, as the tornadoes just went their pattern while Thrall and Malfurion stood in their safe zone.
Same situation with Jaina, I guess, as she stood stationary within her base, but at least she casted stuff, so I guess that's how it's supposed to be.

- Speaking of Proudmoore's tornadoes it can also be said, that insta-kill tornadoes seem to be quite unfair for such a wild boss battle, as I lost the fight in the first place, because Malfurion's hitbox was somehow touched by the one of the tornado - despite the model showing that he was out of range - maybe the tornadoes should have a damage over time aura rather than instakilling units within range.
This could also allow to make their movement more random, as right now they're quite predictable and easy to dodge.

- Mission three is a joke, as it doesn't offer any challenge at all. There are boats and gunners spamed all over the place, while all you have to do is building up your Naga forces, go for a swim with Azshara and kill the four harbours, while it is impossible to lose the mission.
As mentioned above, the mission might work out, if it has an active AI, which attacks the Naga base from time to time, but as it is right now it could as well be an interlude.

Minor issues:
- the quest log on the Admiral Proudmoore encounter says you have to finish the mission in 15 minutes - in the actual mission though it shows 10 minutes

- the 'Vault of Nazjatar' aka Naga shop offers less items than the previous Night elf shop, which at least provided players with scrolls. Overall though the shops seemed quite underwhelming as there was nothing of actual interest to be found there

- Stat-boosting items are present in mission 1, thus easily leading to the problem, that players might consider Nazgrel to pick up these items, as he's after all a useful strength hero.
Given though that he gets killed off within mission 2 straight during the intro sequence, you get back the items he had in inventory, but you lose any tomes he picked up during the first mission. Thus people, who know the campaign will give Thrall all the tomes, he finds on mission 1, as it's a waste to give them to Nazgrel.
Furthermore there's a bug, where the items, Nazgrel previously had dropped, vanish from the starting zone in mission 2, once you obtained Malfurion.

- The Silence Rod is the best item in the game so far. It's so good, I utilized it on every caster enemy I met, thus making each hero encounter an easy challenge.
I might recommend a mana cost on the spell, as otherwise the item is way too good for any further encounters, which work on non-trigger base.

- The item drop on Admiral Proudmoore seems way too fast for my personal taste, as you can easily miss it. I recommend to drop it on the next mission, as otherwise it's frustrating for a player, if he realizes it too late and the mission ends.

Minor complaints:

- Although you meet a lot of heroes on your journey, it's balancewise odd to have two intelligence heroes as you main heroes over the entire campaign, thus making it also quite hard to decide whom to grant the Intelligence-tomes on future missions. Given the design of the campaign, people will most likely continiue to stack the majority of items on Thrall and Malfurion as long as they can, while assuming that any future assisting heroes might not necessarily make a return in future missions, thus it will make it even more troublesome to decide.
Rolewise I would recommend Thrall as the frontline caster due to his wolf summons being always helpful in any scenario, so damage-enhancing items should always go to him, wheras Malfurion serves in most missions as a support hero.

- I mentioned that I won't nickpick on lore-altered choices regarding the campaign, as it obviously follows its own lore, nontheless it stood out for me how ridiculously easy the supposed demi-god Cenarius was slain by my troops within seconds, once I silenced him. He could definitly use some more durability.

Apart from that, nice custom campaign so far, while I loved especially the voice acting. Whoever did Malfurion in this campaign definitly made the best job for a project, being made on fan-basis.
Would definitly like to see more of it in the future and eventually continiue it, when new content is being released.

Hello @Fawful the version released is a very very very early BETA it doesn't include AI or proper triggering it was merely released out there to judge it's performance However, I'll release it soon as I'm done with another one.

Level 3
Hello @Fawful the version released is a very very very early BETA it doesn't include AI or proper triggering it was merely released out there to judge it's performance However, I'll release it soon as I'm done with another one.
That's good to hear.

Also one thing I forgot to mention, as I really liked the feature:

-Hotkeys are well done on the heroes, as the QWER-system is simply marvelous for micromanagement tasks - however I noticed that most regular units still use different hotkeys on their abilities, which could get improved. Not a major issue, only a tip to improve the gameplay within the campaign.

Level 4
Team Nightfall Presents

Battle for Azeroth

TaUyxBX.png

Battle for Azeroth is a very heavily custom lore campaign that is designed to be the ultimate project of Team Nightfall as a replacement to Wrath of Kael'thas which was abandoned earlier..
Story

Mb1j70h.png

"After the events of World of Warcraft - Legion and Sargeras' imprisonment; the cruel Void Lord Hurmongreth now sets his sights upon the defenseless world of Azeroth, his corrupting powers allows him to control the hate in the heart of any creatures and force them to do his bidding..."

"Medivh is alerted to Hurmongreth's presence and seeks out the champions of Azeroth in order to rally them against the void lord. Unfortunately though.. Most of them have already been corrupted by Hurmongreth's powers while others remain defiant against him"

"Thrall, one of those who were unaffected by Hurmongreth's powers is fighting a tireless battle to lead the armies of Azeroth once again to triumph over the void lords"

Features

y8nxUiB.png

- Over 20 missions, 5 interludes (Planned)
- Hours of entertaining gameplay
- Custom voice acting
- Many custom items + existing customized ones
- New playable races
- Unlockable cheats
- Unlockable extra missions
- Legendary items
- Various systems (Planned)

Videos

jV91Dcj.png

Screenshots

qpHIGRq.png

6HPrEGw.jpg

HMZa41S.jpg

o90AzO5.jpg

XxwEe9B.jpg

8g2D1jV.jpg

N8etMqU.jpg

4ZGaXZA.jpg

Z15UjjA.jpg

FgiSx7T.jpg

0n6S5wf.jpg

TH8aOKS.jpg

CCStS57.jpg

vgJ6Q25.jpg

Techtree

SRN3q9E.png

Coming soon..

Changelog

gzHJ0tg.png

Coming soon..

Legendary Items

BD3EbMA.png

GL345JB.png

Rexxar's Axe - (Mission#1)
"The dreaded Axe of Rexxar has echoed across many battlefields!"

UwGK6yS.png

Horn of Cenarius - (Mission#2)
"The horn of Cenarius was used by Malfurion to awaken the sleeping druids of Kalimdor"

bfyF9eU.png

Azshara's Javelin - (Mission#3)
"Azshara's Javelin is known to pierce through the most impenetrable armors"

O4VXrRl.png

Lor'Themar's Ranseur - (Mission#4)
"The Royal halberd bestowed upon Lor'Themar"

Credits

W7qNgoh.png

Coming soon..

Hey there, may i ask when will the continued story be made ?

Level 3
I finished it yet with v.1.35.
Music that wasn't from WOW was playing in between. I turned the sound off when this music was playing, I didn't like hearing this sound.
I hope there will be more chapters and I will have the opportunity to play all of them. Thx!