• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Battle for Azeroth

What should I do about this campaign?

• Improve the storyline

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Improve the terrain

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Improve the custom imports

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Improve the spells

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Improve the gameplay

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Call of this whole project

Votes: 9 9.8%

• Total voters
Well, I made that from a reference that Zenonoth gave me.

Azshara has many variations, custom models, custom skins for Blizz models. Can't really tell what we want Azshara to be. She doesn't need to be covered in pure gold just because she is the master of Naga. She was corrtpted by The Dark Titan, so I think royal armor won't fit her anymore. However, I can make it like pure gold/royal if Zenonoth wants.

There will be no need for that, the model fits her for now. You did a great job.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Azshara has many variations, custom models, custom skins for Blizz models. Can't really tell what we want Azshara to be. She doesn't need to be covered in pure gold just because she is the master of Naga. She was corrtpted by The Dark Titan, so I think royal armor won't fit her anymore. However, I can make it like pure gold/royal if Zenonoth wants.
Enough with the gold already. Royal=/=gold, even if it was a big part of royalty in many kingdoms and empires... Sheesh... And royal in a dark, grim setting doesn't have to be what you people believe royal means in our world...

And, I'm not attacking the skin, I'm specifically referring to the character.

Level 29
Enough with the gold already. Royal=/=gold, even if it was a big part of royalty in many kingdoms and empires... Sheesh... And royal in a dark, grim setting doesn't have to be what you people believe royal means in our world...

I am not saying that Azshara should be adorned in gold, just that she needs to look more regal...

I just finished the last mission right now. Well...how should I say it?

Azshara has an annoying voice at first, but after some time you get used to it.
The voice that announces that the shipyards have been destroyed sounds so much like Warcraft 2, it felt a little out of place, but nice in the same time.
In this mission I had the realisation that Malfurionțs voice seems kind of slow.
The Naga Royal Guard(which is not a unit that you can build but I'll just call it that) is pretty weak against the ships. I felt that the gnomes where stronger than my 2/2 Nagas, but it might just be because I'm a bad player.
The terrain seems kind of lazy, I get that it's a vast space of water with a few islands here and there, and hell from four islands only two are alike, but I feel like there is so much space that could be filled. Maybe I just don't like islands and water type maps, in general.
The model for Azshara looks nice, but I don't think it fits the Queen of the Naga, then again the Naga Witch wouldn't fit it either. Maybe it's the fact that you expect the Queen of the Naga to be different than her followers.
The units are kind of few in numbers. I understand that the Void Creature corrupted her minions, but a Murloc-like looking creature whos only role is to work can't be corrupted but a Snap Dragon can? If anything the workers should have been the first corrupted? I'm gonna take it that if we had access to the full Naga arsenal of creatures then the missions would have been easier.

I saw that there might have been an island to the East that I didn't get to explore, maybe I'll do some tresure hunting for the legendaries there.

- Working on a better voice actress
- Will expand the maps in full measures at finalized version
- Yes, legendaries are now obtainable in all difficulties

Level 29
You can count Cenarius as a corrupted Night Elf, also Rexxar in the first chapter. But their addition there looks to be more of that of the Boss that is different from his minions.

I know...

Rexxar leading an army of night elves...
Cenarius leading an army of Forsaken...

What is next? Lor'Themar leading an army of dwarves? Jaina leading an army of orcs? Vereesa leading an army of blood elves? Muradin leading an army of goblins?

The terrain seems kind of lazy, I get that it's a vast space of water with a few islands here and there, and hell from four islands only two are alike, but I feel like there is so much space that could be filled. Maybe I just don't like islands and water type maps, in general.
I made that map, and decorated it... Zenonoth designed it and send me the blueprint of what i needed to make...
It isnt lazy... It's just that the layout is simple which fits it for a Naval mission... Maybe some decorative islands alongside the boundaries wouldnt have been a bad idea... Mmmmm....

Anyway, I'd be glad if @Zenonoth would allow me to do some additional decorating on the map maybe... But idk.

About the first mission: When I skip the first cinematic, Thrall still says his dialogue; all the missions are like this. I think you should manage the skip better. Also, at normal difficulty, I could not pick up the coins I took from the Mur'locs/Mur'guls at first, I think it's just me. You could also remove the buffs of units in Nazgrel cinematic, for a better quality. I also suggest you to make the map bigger because the edges of the map could be seen, almost in every mission.

@Quinten Don't double post. :]

Why not just create artifial AI for enemies... I've done stuff like that before plenty of times and it's very effective and easy to program, even I can do it.

I've been able to fix most cinematic issues, will make a quick revision regardless in finalized version. But I'll still resume the campaign.

Level 29
Certainly not an entire race of insects working together with bloodelves and humans lead by admiral proudmoore, no, that'd be crazy...

First - We will face the quiraji?

Second - Why are blood elves on Tanaris?

Third - Admiral Proudmore? The same Proudmore that died like years ago at the hands of Rexxar?

First - We will face the quiraji?

Second - Why are blood elves on Tanaris?

Third - Admiral Proudmore? The same Proudmore that died like years ago at the hands of Rexxar?

As far as I recall..there's a Silithid camp in Tanaris

The Blood Elves will be a part of Hurmongreth's corrupted forces

Admiral Proudmoore's ghost is the one we'll fight.

Level 29
As far as I recall..there's a Silithid camp in Tanaris

Ok.

Fact: The Silithid grew stronger after Sargeras impaled his sword in the area, as they now can feed on Azerite.

You could even make it an optional quest. To kill strong silithid and harvest Azerite.

The Blood Elves will be a part of Hurmongreth's corrupted forces

Ok, but why are there Blood Elves near to Tanaris? Did they just travel from Silvermoon to Tanaris just to obey the Void Lord? It would be both easier and quicker if Hurmongreth sent orcs, taurens, centaurs and/or quillboars.

Admiral Proudmoore's ghost is the one we'll fight.

So Hurmongreth can also summon the ghosts of fallen warriors?

Ok, but why are there Blood Elves near to Tanaris? Did they just travel from Silvermoon to Tanaris just to obey the Void Lord? It would be both easier and quicker if Hurmongreth sent orcs, taurens, centaurs and/or quillboars.
Centaurs and Quilboars will be present... But just as creepcamps.

Hurmongreth summoned them there to guard something... But i wont spoil it.
So Hurmongreth can also summon the ghosts of fallen warriors?
Yes and No.. Kinda.

I think it's something similar to the Ghost Archmages. If the spirits of fallen heroes cant find rest, they'll start haunting. It's just that these ghosts are very weak and almost entirely ethereal, making them nearly invisble and almost completely unable to interact with the corporeal world around them.

Hurmongreth's influence might've been able to corrupt his soul, giving him controll over it and give it extensive amounds of power trough the void.

Level 29
I think it's something similar to the Ghost Archmages. If the spirits of fallen heroes cant find rest, they'll start haunting. It's just that these ghosts are very weak and almost entirely ethereal, making them nearly invisble and almost completely unable to interact with the corporeal world around them.

So he will serve as a commander to the corrupted forces or just an optional boss?

Hurmongreth's influence might've been able to corrupt his soul, giving him controll over it and give it extensive amounds of power trough the void.

I have an idea, in case he is to be a boss.
During the first phase, we face him as a ghost, with the abilities of him as a living.
Then at second phase, he becomes some sort of Void Spirit...

Played first, second and part of third chapter, looks good, in first chapter terrain could be much better, you used the crappiest tileset, Lordaeron summer, also blizzard grass cliff shores look really bad, I see no reason to exploit all map space and make a labyrinthine path, bigger patches of water are nothing wrong.

In second chapter you could use some other model for ranged unit, since this one uses some magic bolts while it's supposed to use arrows.

In third chapter there's a lightning issue with battleship model, when I click it, everything becomes more bright.

Storywise it feels awkward with so many known wc3 heroes going GoT way. But I like the fact you are playing with different factions, so it doesn't become dull.

Played first, second and part of third chapter, looks good, in first chapter terrain could be much better, you used the crappiest tileset, Lordaeron summer, also blizzard grass cliff shores look really bad, I see no reason to exploit all map space and make a labyrinthine path, bigger patches of water are nothing wrong
Hi, I'm the terrainer of this project, and i totally agree with you, but the 1st chapter was made before i joined this project. I did attempt to re-decorate it, but there were some complications with the campaign data or something

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Proudmoore is just a dead mortal, with no corporeal body. The spirits of Heroes are significally stronger than regular ones. He isnt undead, unholy or any of that. His spirit is empowered with void power, which also corrupts it to gain controll.
I think the answer is, his soul did not get yet under the grasp of the Lick King or a force as powerful as or like him. Otherwise, even the Scourge would be under Void control.

Level 29
I think the answer is, his soul did not get yet under the grasp of the Lick King or a force as powerful as or like him. Otherwise, even the Scourge would be under Void control.

Indeed. The Lich King's mind controls grants the Scourge immunity to the corruption of the Old Gods and Void Lords...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Undead means that he's unholy/cursed...
True, they weren't classified as undead but every ghost in Warcraft III is undead (apart from the already mentioned and the night elven Keeper of the Grove spirits).
Heroes dissipate in wc3, but that doesnt mean theyre undeads
That's beside the point. Dying=/=undying.

I disagree that undead=unholy. No. Undead can be holy, elemental or unholy (with the "cursed" subcategory).

Hi, I'm the terrainer of this project, and i totally agree with you, but the 1st chapter was made before i joined this project. I did attempt to re-decorate it, but there were some complications with the campaign data or something

well, the naga chapter is how should be done, it's not particularly flashy, but it does its job. Regarding that chapter, I don't seem to be attacked (even hint said to use two land heroes to defend the base), will the AI be done in future versions?

~ * 5TH UPDATE [3/8/2018] * ~
--> [@WarcraftLiterature special update] <--
- Added minor changes to description
- 1st Bossfight is now available for testing (Terrain and AI are incomplete, like usual..They'll be added in the finalized version)

TH8aOKS.jpg

0n6S5wf.jpg

well, the naga chapter is how should be done, it's not particularly flashy, but it does its job. Regarding that chapter, I don't seem to be attacked (even hint said to use two land heroes to defend the base), will the AI be done in future versions?

Yes. All of these maps are BETA versions to see how the map basically functions. It is normal that AI/Grammar Mistakes/Cinematics/Music..etc doesn't work properly for now as I'm just making a bare skeleton of what the map should be before it gets updated.

Thing is, spirits are not dead. Undead is whatever is still living even though it formerly died. Basically, it's like transcending into another form or state. So, if you were to become an android, you'd be undead.

This Admiral Proudmoore is just a vengeful spirit, Hurmongreth has no authority over him.

Level 29
~ * 5TH UPDATE [3/8/2018] * ~
--> [@WarcraftLiterature special update] <--
- Added minor changes to description
- 1st Bossfight is now available for testing (Terrain and AI are incomplete, like usual..They'll be added in the finalized version)

TH8aOKS.jpg

0n6S5wf.jpg

Ok. My review

-Admiral Proudmore is an incompetent villain. First: he merely ensnares the two heroes. Second: he warns them of the explosives. Third: after giving his typical "vendeta, blah blah you are going to die blah blah" he leaves them uninjured and with the chance to defeat him.
-Make the map look more similar to an actual boat...
-The water elementals are no threat watsoever. All I need is to fire once to kill them. I suggest to take at least three cannon balls to kill them.
-Make some of the enemies footmen and even knights instead of just riflemen
-The boss fight is incredibly easy. The tornados are too far away to pose a threat. I suggest diminish the space between them or make them occasionaly change trajectory

Level 29
Oh ok. Why did you decide to abandon Wrath of Kael'Thas? By the progress tab, it looked like you were more or less almost done with it

I too am kind of dissapointed. Mostly because I would like to see the Scourge and Deathwing on the side of good for once...

Level 29
Oh!? How did he get to that state? What "woke" him, since after the TfT Orc Campaign nothing of the sort was seen. I'm not sure about WoW though. And, how did he get to Thrall?

I know right? He seems to be the mixture between a ghoul and an elemental imbued into the corpse of a dead guy!

He said that ever since he was killed he has been roaming around...

I have no idea how he managed to track down Thrall... Was he floating around hoping to cross paths with Thrall?