1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Music Workshop kinda thing

Discussion in 'Sound / Music Art' started by NightStalker, May 24, 2015.

1. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:

Music Workshop

Now serves voice acting as well (Check bottom of post)

What's this?

Ever needed a specific music but you could never manage to find it?
    This is what the Music Workshop is here for!
    It makes music varying to your needs. No matter the style. It can be orchestral, metal, dubstep, rap beats etc...
    Also, it makes sound effects.

OK great. Now how to Request?

MYNAME, SFX Request

Request Type: SFX
    Theme:
    Tension, Hope, Comedy, etc.
    Duration: Whatever Seconds (5-10 Seconds generally recommended)

I Need it for: A Map, A game, Fun
    Is request Urgent?: Yes/No

MYNAME, Music Request

Request Type: Music
    Request Genre:
    orchestral, metal, dubstep, rap beats etc.
    Theme: Epic, Sad, Psychotic, etc.
    Duration: Whatever Seconds (3-4 Minutes generally recommended)

I Need it for: A Map, A game, Fun
    Is request Urgent?: Yes/No

Great! But have you finished any requests? Maybe I could pick something you made for somebody else.

SONGS
    Number
    Type
    Link
    Description
    1. Orchestral (Undead Style) http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2688096-post21.html(Has been cancelled but will be finished) Dark, mysterious and creepy. Composed for Undead theme song.
    2. Soundtrack (Western) Raging Dogs
    Starts off with a sad beginning then turns into a bloodlusted man in a spree!
    3. Metal Southern Trendkill A wild short metal composition.
    4. Emotional Ballad Faint of Hope Emotional slow tempo song for drama scenes
    5. Action Heavy Arms Mercenary themed ready for action music.
    5. Ambient, Tension Path of the Exiled Unssettling and unexpectedness feelings mixed up in a tribal theme.
    6. Orchestral Action Converging Paths A dark encounter between two rivals.
    7. Orchestral Ambient Interstellar Surrealism A journey that starts from our reality to unknown outer space.
    8. Post Apocalyptic Epic Orchestral Metal Not to be Overwhelmed Humanity can't be destroyed. An epic composition with lots of action in it.
    9. Epic Intense Stealth Music Divergent Conflicts It tells of an agent's hard life, the obstacles he faces everyday. Challenging missions, which put him on a line between life and death.
    10. Epic Battle Music Genesis of Eradication The true face of war, and the outcomes of it.

SFX
    Number
    Type
    Link
    Description
    1. Psychotic, Dark Music Workshop kinda thing Good for dark atmosphered changes

Great! are there any Current Requests?

SONGS
    Number
    Type
    Status
    Description
    1. - Work In Progress -
    2. - Work in Progress -
    3. - Work in Progress N/A

SFX
    Number
    Type
    Link
    Description
    1. None in progress --- ---

If you don't see the genre you're looking for, don't be afraid to write down the request, as the descriptions cannot contain everything.

Thanks Arad MNK for the new page design!

CURRENT REQUESTS LIST
    1)-
    2)-
    3)-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VOICE ACTING PART HERE!!!

I just wanted to put my amateur voice actings here as well, in case anyone needed simple voice actings with effects, I can do a few short lines of work. For more professional voice acting work see the pros out there!!

Contact me if you can't find the download link for the music you want, or have questions. And do give credits for the work you use.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. Oh, sounds very interesting. A great idea!

Well, I am working on a map and I hope to add custom music, but it is nothing I need fast.

Basically, it is a decaying and frozen environment, rather undiscovered and mysterious.
    I imagine the music expressing the unknown factor of the map, that the invaders do not know anything about the lands they are moving on, while they see that the land is corrupted and decaying and owned by Undead forces.
    Important is also the temperature, it would be nice to have some sounds that make aware of the snow, the ice and the frozen mountains.

It would used as a background track playing during gameplay.

So, if you have too much time, I would be glad if you could create something wonderful :)

3. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well, you're my first customer :p I would not want to let you down I will try to do my best how many days can you give to me? and do you want any specific instruments to be played in the song? I will start tonight or tomorrow morning

Update: Do you have a size threshold like it should be less than 3mb etc..

4. Oh, you can take as much days as you want to.
    If you need a time line to get on track, I would say, around 21 days should be fine :)

Hm, difficult. Right now I cannot think of any that I would like to have in it.
    Maybe, how are these called, these little bells, that have a high sound, as sometimes heard in Asian themed tracks.
    Basically, it should be a dark atmosphere, but not lacking natural elements.

Just compose around :) I am sure you will do good!

5. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I will send a sample in a few days just to be sure if it is going in a way you like

6. Sure, I am excited :)

7. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Okay I made a litle sample it is 1:22 mins

I tried to give the feeling like our protoganist is walking in the undead lands hearing weird noises but doesn't know what's producing the noises and the music is flowing smooth and softly behind him.

Then after the first growl the drums start as to build some little tension while sounding pretty dull and dead-like going all the way repetetively.

If you like this sample I will continue from here slowly building the tension until at some point we get to a climax and that is where the story (in my mind) meets the human with the undead.

After that the song will have its speed allright and will never drop the tension down.

This is just my plan roughly it may change and you may interrupt this too. It will be in your game after all.

If you didn't like this, like I could add a more darker strings part or to add anything just say it.

All right enough talking here's the sample :D

Attached Files:

8. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome nice short composition you have here.

9. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Wow thank you! I had doubts after listening again and again that no one would like this :D

10. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm no music pro but what's with the bells? I don't think it fits there and the drums well it kind of ruins the eerie feeling might change the drums but hey I'm not the one who requested this so well let's see his reaction.

11. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The rings are to add some kind of atmospheric feeling in it think of an undead making noises with something in its hands. The drums; okay didn't work on them :D just put a few strokes the last part will be fixed I don't want to continue right now bcz as you said we got to see his reaction

12. You did a good job, that is not a question :)

I read apcrabnightlive's comment about the bells and I slightly disagree. In the first moment I didn't even realize that these are the bells/rings, as they fit perfectly into the atmosphere, in my opinion. Nonetheless, maybe reduce them a bit ? I think it would be even better :)

About the initialization, I think it is totally missing. It starts immediately with the northern sounds and therefore it is really abrupt. I think a little introduction helps a lot, even if it is only the music raising from no volume to default volume :)

You could add sounds of crushing ice or wind blowing in trees ( they are a few) for later sound clips.

Additional sound suggestion: Boss Theme suggestion:
    Suggestion mean that these clips / parts contain good samples for what I imagine, you shouldn't adapt them 100% :) just get some inspiration from it.
    Great job! I am excited for the new versions!

13. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    More of like a chime or light ring of the bell.

14. Hm, I'd prefer a deep bell, dark and mysterious .D

15. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well it's your request. :)

I'll wait and see what he will do.
    I wanted to hear his works.

16. Yes, me too, it is impressing work.

17. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:

So you want an instrumental intro then enter the fx(wind, ice cracks...)

I will decrease the hits of the bells and check for a better sound they're a bit overused in this sample.

18. Yes, exactly, make sure the music does not start out of nowhere, but, you could still pay attention to the fact that it will loop, means the end and the beginning shouldn't break the track.

I hope I am not too demanding :/

19. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Okay got it, put a choir in the beginning to make the entrance (therefore the end too by connecting for loop) soft and better.

You should be telling what you want else I will do as I like :D (and no you are not being demanding

20. Hm, maybe a dark choir / single man slightly howling, as being heard in one of the Epic Darkness Remix editions, one of the links should lead to it.

Else, maybe some footprints on snow, very calm in the background.
    Maybe, a clang as if something metallic drops down.
    Different blowing winds, some scary snaps, clicking ice.

Just let your creativity some space :)