• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Workshop kinda thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Im planning to remaster it soon enough before posting it on soundcloud and youtube with better mixing and changing some instruments
Damn son, I really like it
more than the one for the contest
It's not monotonous, it has many parts, shifts from one to the other properly. Howevah, the bells at the end just abruptly disappear to silence. I thought you'd use them to come back to the beginning of the song (looping/cycle).
Tis awesome how you used the harpsichord therein.

Level 19
Damn son, I really like it
more than the one for the contest
It's not monotonous, it has many parts, shifts from one to the other properly. Howevah, the bells at the end just abruptly disappear to silence. I thought you'd use them to come back to the beginning of the song (looping/cycle).
Tis awesome how you used the harpsichord therein.

Thanks man I like this one more too, and yeah I thought I was gonna add that part/movement after the bells with a nice comeback effect but I thought it would sound like it would have been forced, I had some more variations for staccato violins if I had put that part again but I didn't. :D

Hi man, can I request a second track? It;s for my Ancient Hero Arena. Background action music for it. But because this time it's arena you can use drums and stuff you feel like putting. Some battle-ish, energizing music that loops smoothly(cycling). Maybe drums, beat, choir, guitar, violin etc . The map is again multiplayer, but this time it's 2.4 MB, so there is 5,6 MB free space for music.
Ancient Hero Arena

maybe take inspiration from here:

Last edited:
Level 5
Heres an orchestral music i have been working on, its still very bare, i havent do the sample replacement so the instruments sound kinda fake and also i
havent do a mix of it, it will be finish by the end of deceember pls let me know what u think, theres still a lot of things that needs to be fixed: too much mid frequency instruments and abit messy in the rhythm part of the piece. The end brass sound might be taken out. If u feel its fit for one of your game do let me know! I like composing this kinda orchestral music so if u need anything something like that please tell me.

Dropbox - Project Armor Beta2.aif

Also here are some sound effects i did while i was free, its not mixed and the reverb and effects is not added in yet so if u wanna use it do let me know and i'll do it properly for you.

Dropbox - Sound Design For Hive.zip

Level 19
Something funny ? :D

Hey I found your voice acting good, man. You might want to separate the phrases a little more, since sentences are too close to eachother (and the reverb of one sentence seems to overlap the next one). Keep the good work!
Thanks man, I know theyre a bit cose to each other, I was just messing around with those and thought they turned out good, I'll try better ones in time so keep checking here :p

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Archon: sounds like a neanderthal protoss; there are small glitches with the reverberative words fighting each other; feels more like a High Templar than an Archon though.

Battlecruiser: this one sounds nice but feels a bit forced :D

Dark Templar: not bad; just that reverb overdrive at times like on the Archon.

Ghost: good start with that metallic effect! Just needs more sound tweaking and equalizing.

Goliath:
same as with the Ghost.

High Templar: close.

Wraith:
:D, as with the Battlecruiser.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What software are you using man?

You could really do some great stuff for WcIII projects (campaigns, RPGs etc.).

Level 19
WOW! This is an excellent feedback. Wasn't expecting it :D

Archon: sounds like a neanderthal protoss; there are small glitches with the reverberative words fighting each other; feels more like a High Templar than an Archon though.

Ahahaha, this one was hard, the original one is so epic, I don't know what effects they actually used but the voice acting itself is so great as well. Its name tells enough I think :D:D "ArchonFail"

Battlecruiser: this one sounds nice but feels a bit forced :D

Yup this one has that tone problem, I forced myself a bit to get the sound and lowered the pitch by half a note too. I love this unit tho :D

Dark Templar: not bad; just that reverb overdrive at times like on the Archon.

The effects are something that I'll learn in time :D haha There are some tonality issues on my own voice as well sometimes :p

Ghost: good start with that metallic effect! Just needs more sound tweaking and equalizing.

Aww I thought this was a good one ! :p I added those breathing effects too :D

Goliath: same as with the Ghost.

This one was fun to do haha, the effects could be better tho yeah.

High Templar: close.

I just need to practice the acting of it to get it better :D

Wraith: :D, as with the Battlecruiser.

Being a pilot is not easy :p this one especially has a very cool voice and attitude. Hard for me to achieve with these skills but I'll capture it soon enough !!

What software are you using man?

You could really do some great stuff for WcIII projects (campaigns, RPGs etc.).

I used the Scarlett 2i2 and plugged my mic in, then used Audacity for recording and effects. Didn't get things complicated with using FL studio or anything else :D

I would love to voice some characters yeah, if some people like it why not? I'll use my voice in my own campaign as well haha :D

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
WOW! This is an excellent feedback.
Oh come on man. It's just some few words.
I love this unit tho
Me too. I still practice voices during showering if I'm not singing that is :D
Aww I thought this was a good one ! :p I added those breathing effects too
It is. Yes, the breathing is also a bonus for the atmosphere. However, there are some FX issues. Overall it sounds unnatural as if through an old station.
This one was fun to do haha, the effects could be better tho yeah.
Overall, it's better than the Ghost due to the better quality sound.
Hard for me to achieve with these skills but I'll capture it soon enough !!
Yeah, voice actors actually have to transpose themselves into a role.
Audacity for recording and effects.
Wow, really!? I thought maybe something like Sound Forge or I don't know.
I'll use my voice in my own campaign as well haha
I'll be glad to help out if you need extras.

Level 19
Oh come on man. It's just some few words.

Doesnt matter, I was just expecting a short sentence :p

Me too. I still practice voices during showering if I'm not singing that is :D

Ahahahah, I too sing a lot in the shower, or rap mostly :D

It is. Yes, the breathing is also a bonus for the atmosphere. However, there are some FX issues. Overall it sounds unnatural as if through an old station.
I tweaked the sound a lot to get something close to the original ghost :D but I it shouldnt sound like from an old station ahaha :D something's wrong :((

Overall, it's better than the Ghost due to the better quality sound.

Actually, they're both the same in quality but the I applied a filter to the Ghost, so it sounds more claustrophobic like inside that suit. Goliath is more advanced so it sounds better :p blame the engineers!

Yeah, voice actors actually have to transpose themselves into a role.

That is the hardest part :D not with cool sounding characters, but more emotional ones are harder those are what I'll avoid haha

Wow, really!? I thought maybe something like Sound Forge or I don't know.

I don't even know Sound Forge hehe

I'll be glad to help out if you need extras.

I'll need tons of extras so I'll definitely hit you up! So many characters need life !!! But first I gotta fet to some point in development :D

Level 9
Leo Akastenix, The Fuhrer's Advance

Request Type: Music
Request Genre:
Orchestral/Metal
Theme: Sort of like RA 3/2 Soviet March, but this time German. I would like the same old boots marching with the commander from the background shouting perhaps in German.. if you can..
Duration: I'd say 3 minutes...

I Need it for: A Campaign
Is request Urgent?: Not really

Status
Not open for further replies.