• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StringStorm's Voices and Music (Accepting Requests)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello. I'm stringstorm. I do music and voice acting. I've been told to having a deep boomy voice so I'm well suited for trailer voice overs, antagonistic characters, narrators, and the like. But I'm flexible enough to do whatever character you throw at me. Below is my commercial and character demoreel. It should give you a good grasp on what sort of voices I can perform.

As for music, I mainly do whatever I feel like doing. But I mostly lean towards orchestral stuff. Symphonic Metal most of the time, though. You can listen to some of my songs on the link below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can offer my voice and music for your project. However, they are not free*. Rates will vary but I assure you that what you will receive is industry-tier quality work. I have testimonials on my website that can attest to that.

If you are interested, send me a private message or contact me on discord: 'stringstorm#6306'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread will also serve as my depository for whatever work I've done related to voice acting or music production. For now, I will not post anything until I have made something new. But when I do You are free to use them as long as you ask permission first. This is just to help me keep tabs since I've had my songs and voice stolen before.

* - I am accepting service exchange as payment.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Oh man, thanks for that link; not only because I thought he sounded familiar & wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy... But also because of those awexome Troll Warbringer lines I don't remember writing! *saved*

~~~

Scratch that noise, I'm just gonna repost it here (after all, never got a response from you!)

~~~

Added some details on the main post that should be taken into consideration when requesting! It'll make things smoother and a whole lot more efficient for everyone! :D
~~~
Sure, I can give it a shot. Not really sure about the accent but should be fun trying it out. Just send me the lines when you can!
Alright-y then, I'll give it a whack. While I have loads of Trolls (& only a handful of existing sound-sets), I'd say your voice (as you described it) would be the best fit for:

Name of character
(Jungle Troll) Warbringer

Tone of voice (Old, Adult, etc)
Early-Middle-Aged

Attitude (Pompous, Arrogant, etc)
Fearsome, Violent, Calculating, Primitive

Role of character in the project (Major, Secondary, Supporting)
Um... Important I guess? He's one of the 4 Heroes for the custom Troll faction I'm designing, and features prominently in the (eventual-someday-hopefully) campaign for the faction...

"Original" Idea (Greyall)
troll_warlord___raptor_jesus_by_greyall-d2y9gvr.jpg

Concept Art #1 (Stein123)
img719-jpg.149366

troll-hero-jpg.149555

img899-jpg.151103

~~~

Model WIP #1 (Hayate)
rexrider-png.245901

Model WIP #2: Closeup (Hayate)
full

Form
Chieftains of their respective Troll tribes, the Warbringers gain their name & fame by bringing the pain. Trained not only in combat but also in tactics & strategy, these vicious but cunning warlords preside over their tribesmen, sovereign in all affairs but the spiritual. In this they 'reign' hand-in-hand with the more spiritual Medicine Mon. Riding their monstrous 'tyraptosaurus' mounts into battle, enemies know fear and then, quickly, know nothing at all.

Function
Primary melee 'bruiser/off-tank' Hero for the Trolls, outfitted with vicious & forceful abilities that deal damage, enhance his warriors, and mobilize his troops. Slashing at enemies with razor-sharp claws and brutish macauhuitl, they rain death upon their foes.

(NOTE: These are just WIPs off the top of my head; subject to change but hopefully get the idea across. Feel free to ad-lib)
Lines that should be said:
(Ready)
- "Time to feed!"
(Death)
- [Strangled Yell] //Yeah I know it's bad for your throat, so maybe make a moan & scale it up, or just skip this one : P
(What)
- Hm?
- Give me counsel.
- Blade honed; teeth sharp!
- They will not survive, no!
- etc
(Yes)
- I lead; you follow
- My darling hungers!
- My forces will not falter
- We do not surrender, we conquer!
- We move, hYeeesss...
- etc
(YesAttack)
- A ripe target!
- Feast, my darling!
- Take their heads!
- Tonight, men, we dine on cowards!
- Terrorize!!
- etc
(Warcry)
- Gurubashi! Gurubashi! //"goo-roo-bah-shee" - Like a chant, emphasis on the "guru'BA'shi"
(Pissed)
- The union of two perfect life forms: raptor and troll
- Elephants over the Alps? What an idiot!
- Why does my mount have such tiny arms?
- ... And such a big head?
- etc

Don't feel like you have to do all of these; just suggestions to get a feel for your voice in that role.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yes sir. The link in my signature is a bit outdated and has info for more than just Trolls, but it's proof I've been working on this for a while. : )

I should be clear that I'm just looking for a sample; mostly curious to see how you handle it (how your voice sounds, how the lines read, etc). I'm unfortunately not able to pay right now & I know you're not in this for charity-cases. ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.