• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #7 - Theme Poll

Music Contest #7 theme options:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Fellow hivers, we're assembling again to help decide the future of mankind. However today we're mostly voting for the next Music Contest #7 theme.

This is a multiple choice poll which will close in 10 days. Theme descriptions:

The song should depict a place. It can be generic place, a biome, fictional location (original or not) or an actual one. Examples: palace, swamp, dungeon, Stonehenge, Ashenvale, My Little Pony Land, Vatican, Darkhowl I-Just-Made-This-Up Forest, etc etc.

Enlightenment:
a piece depicting the excitement of discovering/learning something new. Such as a man seeing an angel, a group finding a huge alien settlement in a far away planet, a nordic warrior fainting and seeing Thor telling him something and he wakes up with a godlike power and enlightenment on the battlefield etc.

Fairy Music: A piece expressing a fairy world with pixies, talking rabbits, ponies, wizards etc. This can be narrowed down with only one theme chosen.

Pirate Music: Piece of music that is suitable to a pirate setting.

Stealth Music: I've started working on stealth music and I've found it to be pretty enjoyable. The ones you hear from Call of duty missions(some of them), Hitman soundtracks, splinter cell maybe etc.

Final Boss: The participant has to create a "final boss encounter" track. It may be inspired by any fantasy lore (original, futuristic, Warcraft, etc), historical content, mythology, etc.

Journey: The track must depict a journey, with soundscapes evolving into different locations and situations. It may be inspired by any fantasy lore (original, futuristic, Warcraft, etc), actual history/geography, mythology, etc.

Battle Theme: Each participant has to create a song suitable for a battle situation. Example formats: a background song for a movie/game, a military march which is sung by the combatants themselves during war, etc.

Rap Beat: A themed rap beat (industrial, gangster, horrorcore etc...). Composers can rap on them if they want to and this should be very fun imo

Christmas: The examples I'm putting are not mainstream Christmas songs you guys should check them out
- Christmas Eve/ Sarajevo [Timeless Version]
- London Symphony Orchestra - Joyful Music for Christmas
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards In Winter (video)
- Beetle Juice Theme Song (I thought I could put this song under this theme since it sounds a bit christmas-ish :p)
- Figure - Beetlejuice (Dubstep Mix) (This is the previous one's dubstep mix as it says, an awesome one too)

Steampunk: Participants should create a song that fits the steampunk retro-futuristic aesthetic.

Future Garage: Music may refer to inspiring moody songs to them. Here are some examples:
- Aaron Static - I Won't
- Alivvve - Eternity(This is ambient music actually but i've found it during my search so im putting it in here)
- Phaeleh - Should Be True(This guy makes perfect music :p)
- Tom Day - Who we want to be
- Tom Day - Going Home

Cinematic: participants are to create a possible soundtrack to fit a Warcraft III cinematic (please suggest one with a comment below). In case no cinematic is suggested, the winner entry from the previous Cinematic Contest will be chosen.

Double Theme: Creates a piece of music that mixes two themes together.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music Contest #7 Theme Discussion Thread
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
Level 28
Alright my votes were for Location, Stealth, Journey and Cinematic, so I broke the tie. There is still some time left for any of you who didn't vote.

If we can pick the location of our choosing.

Yes yes! The theme should not be restrictive on what location you're picking:

Location: The song should depict a place. It can be generic place, a biome, fictional location (original or not) or an actual one. Examples: palace, swamp, dungeon, Stonehenge, Ashenvale, My Little Pony Land, Vatican, Darkhowl I-Just-Made-This-Up Forest, etc etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.