• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #8 - Theme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Alright guys this is the time and place to voice your innermost desires for the next music contest theme. Please suggest them in our "Theme: Description" method, like this:

Inspirational Hair: Participants are to create a song based a national leader's haircut. Ex: Donald Trump's, Kim Jong-un's, etc.

Feel free to re-suggest themes that didn't make it in previous contests or come up with new ones.

Level 9
Warcraft Unit/hero themesong.
Love theme.
Hive theme.
What exactly would be a Hive theme?
I like the first one,i feel like the music contest could be a bit more warcraft related sometimes.

As you didnt give it a ''Theme Description''.

Warcraft Unit/Hero Theme:
Participants are to create a song themed on a hero or unit from Warcraft,hive uploaded heroes and units are allowed with permission from the uploader,you can also describe a hero/unit you thought about on your entry.(permission could not actually be needed in the case of using something this way? though some uploaders are reaaally protective of their stuff)

I dont have any suggestions though,i was thinking ''Cultures'' theme(Such as the Celtic culture,Native American,African Etc) though maybe that would be a bit difficult?

Level 19
I'm just gonna post my old ideas and even some new ones :D

1) I've started working on stealth music and I've found it to be pretty enjoyable. The ones you hear from Call of duty missions(some of them), Hitman soundtracks, splinter cell maybe etc..
- Call of Duty 4 Sniper Mission Music
- Stealth Music - Space
- Assassin's Creed 2 OST / Jesper Kyd - Stealth (Track 25)
- Stealth Music - Silent Assassin
- Hitman: Blood Money OST - 07 - Amb Zone

2) Skipped the post apocalyptic since it was the latest contest's theme.

3)Maybe a themed rap beat(industrial, gangster, horrorcore etc...). Composers can rap on them if they want to and this should be very fun imo
- F*ck Haters
- Best Rap Freestyle Battle Hip Hop Instrumental Beat
- The Game - My Life (Instrumental) Rap is not just violence, emotional ones do exist such as this ^^
- Eminem - Stan Instrumental
- Tech N9ne - Fragile Instrumental
- Outsider - Loner (Instrumental)
- Twista - Mr Tung Twista Instrumental

4)Umm.. what about Christmas themed music? Since it's that time of the year :p The examples I'm putting are not mainstream Christmas songs you guys should check them out :D
- Christmas Eve/ Sarajevo [Timeless Version]
- London Symphony Orchestra - Joyful Music for Christmas
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards In Winter (video)
- Beetle Juice Theme Song (I thought I could put this song under this theme since it sounds a bit christmas-ish :p)
- Figure - Beetlejuice (Dubstep Mix) (This is the previous one's dubstep mix as it says, an awesome one too)

5)Putting steampunk in again might be good. I still think this would be a hard theme tho :D
- London, 1856 - A Steampunk Orchestra - Epic Adventure Music
- STEAMPUNK & VICTORIAN ERA Orchestral Music Compilation | 2-Hour Epic Mix
- 01 Discombobulate - Hans Zimmer - Sherlock Holmes Score
- Epic Orchestral Steampunk Music - Of Fire And Steam By Michael Ghelfi
- 03 I Never Woke Up In Handcuffs Before - Hans Zimmer - Sherlock Holmes Score

6)Future Garage music or some may refer to inspiring moody songs to them Here are some examples:
- Aaron Static - I Won't
- Alivvve - Eternity(This is ambient music actually but i've found it during my search so im putting it in here)
- Phaeleh - Should Be True(This guy makes perfect music :p)
- Tom Day - Who we want to be
- Tom Day - Going Home

1) Enlightenment: a piece depicting the excitement of discovering/learning something new. Such as a man seeing an angel, a group finding a huge alien settlement in a far away planet, a nordic warrior fainting and seeing Thor telling him something and he wakes up with a godlike power and enlightenment on the battlefield etc..
- Krale - Island of Enlightenment (Epic Oriental Beautiful Uplifting)
- HENRY PURCELL (1659 - 1695) Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment (2007)
- Alliance - Above All [Uplifting Orchestral Music]
- "SOUL STORM" Worlds Most Powerful Inspirational Epic Orchestral Music - 6 HOURS - Audiomachine (this one's a bit long :'P )

2) Fairy Music: This one just came to my mind. A piece expressing a fairy world with pixies, talking rabbits, ponies, wizards etc. This can be narrowed down with only one theme chosen.
This genre wouldn't be my favorite to be honest, but an idea is an idea :D
- 1 Hour of Beautiful Fairy Music

3) Pirate Music: Self explanatory i guess. I'd vote for the more action or uprising style of this genre, rather than sad pirate songs.
- World's Most Epic Pirate Music Mix | 1-Hour Mix
- ALESTORM - Keelhauled (Official)
- Epic pirate music - Destination Tortuga
- Pirate battle music - New Horizons

And new ones:

1) Epic Music: Just plain EPICNESS! A battle scene, a conflict scene, the rise of a leader scene you name it. Something big is happening!

2) Celtic Music?

Level 9
Welp,i hold my ''vote'' on making a theme on a hero/unit.

And yeah,we could go for specific themes as well(Sadness,Victory,etc)

Level 5
Oof. Okay, after almost a year's worth of inactivity, I'm ready to go back to doing this.

That said, how about a comeback theme? Like something really bad happens to the hero but through it all, said hero emerges victorious at the end.

Level 28
I don't know... There's a youtube channel for THW. How about a small sound signature for the intro and outro of the videos?
The winner gets the spot. For instance.

This theme would sounds great, people can make any kind of music to accompany the video. It can be an epic triumphant track, something racial (like Orc music, NE, etc), melodic, calming, whatever. The video editors were using ordinary Warcraft III OST for our previous video, I talked to them and they liked this idea a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.