• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Druid Guide

I reworked the concept a little bit. Now it's a night elf druid, whose job is to guide travellers through mysterious woods and groves of Ashenvale. His magic lantern also often attracts butterflies.
*Corrected attaches and event objects.
Here is an icon for this model, made by Sin'dorei300.

Keywords:
Druid, hero, furion, lantern, guide
Contents

Druid Guide (Model)

Druid Guide (Model)

Reviews
01:59, 18th Jul 2012 HappyTauren: Change the model's name to something else (you probably forgot to edit the header, it says "Jaina" now). The mesh is excellent and overall very creatively made, but some of the animations are far too stiff, like...

M

01:59, 18th Jul 2012
HappyTauren: Change the model's name to something else (you probably forgot to edit the header, it says "Jaina" now). The mesh is excellent and overall very creatively made, but some of the animations are far too stiff, like death for example. During the "Stand - 2" animation make him move his arms below the elbow. "Attack - 2" should be renamed to "Spell Throw" or something because it looks weird when those two attack animations are alternating - they don't look very similar or related. On "Stand - 1" make sure he's rotating his knee - this way it looks like his body is elongating, which looks totally awkward. This same thing applies to "Stand - 2", the knee must rotate when such movements are made. Otherwise the model is awesome but you must pay more attention to animations here.

EDIT: Animations are still somewhat lacking, I don't like the beard much, even though it's original, but it is in approvable and usable state.

Burningreaver

B

Burningreaver

Greetings,

I think that, his shoulders should look more natural. In my opinion, these look more like of the High or Blood Elven. And glowing blue eyes, and perhaps even those butterflies, resemble as in connection to Arcane magic. There was something about the neck and... I agree.

And... I would also really like to praise your other models. It is just what I miss here (there are good models that perfectly correspond to the nature of Warcraft, but there is still a lack of Nigh Elf ones). Very good work indeed. And this one is as well.