1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Voice Bytes

Discussion in 'Sound / Music Art' started by Premin, Jun 14, 2016.

Tags:
?

Is there interest for female voice acting for models?

1. Yes, please!!

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. There might be.

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Not really, no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not at this time.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, I am curious, how much interest and use would voice acting garner here? I am interested in offering my feminine voice for anyone who wants to create new sound bytes for models and whatnot (given the lines to speak), BUT I want to make sure that I don't say, "Hey, everybody! Who wants to use my voice?" and get nothing but crickets for an audience. We artists are a sensitive lot, y'know.

UPDATE: I am so excited to see such interest in using my voice! I really wasn't sure how well it would be received. But I am glad to help out anyone in need of a female voice for their models, games, etc. I do not yet know the range of my voice alterations but as I work onward, we shall see! I will make one note here that I will not do any explicit material such as vulgar language, erotica, or anything that I would not feel comfortable saying in regular conversation. This does not mean that my availability to do impressions and the like are severely limited (I quote films and people all the time in regular conversation, to @Kyrbi0 's envy), rather everything else is open.

tldr:
    I can do:
    - soprano and alto ranges
    - impressions
    - mimic sounds

I will not do:
    - explicit material
    - vulgar/blasphemous content
    - erotica

Anywho, I look forward to all the many projects that I can help with all of you! It's going to be FUN!

=========================================================

Here are some samples of my work. The files are raw and unedited, unless indicated in the file name otherwise. Files attached at the bottom.

Name Editing?
    Night Elven Lunar Disciple Noise Removal
    Forsaken Apothecary Noise Removal & Echo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. Rex.

Rex.

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey Premin! Are you willing to take part in voice acting for a game? We need people like you for the game development.

3. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sweet! Heck, yeah! Mind you, I don't have much experience, but I would love to help out the best I can. :D

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Voice actors, especially volunteering ones, are not just necessary.

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Voice actors are hard to come by in our small community. Females voices even more so.

6. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then I have a monopoly on opportunity? I think I feel an evil laugh coming on...

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I told her. : )

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would be a good idea/nice to upload some voice impressions too.

9. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ha, ha! I figured it out! Turns out my phone doesn't believe in uploading voice files. Stupid smart phone...

Anyway, enjoy!

Attached Files:

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well,the intonation was good. Now, if you would please try something more Warcraft related :D

11. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, thank you! Any requests in particular? I've been working on a goblin bombardier.

12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Noo!! If you let that go, you won't be able to use it for the... you-know-what... D:

Just do, like, a generic Elven Priestess or a guttural Trollish Hedge Witch or a thick Dwarven Runepriest or something.

13. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, so, here's something new. I recorded a conversation I had with a friend just talking about the new AWESOME movie "Zootopia" so that you all can hear how I sound on a regular basis (per request). I shall get to work on some Warcraft-related stuff so, don't fret! All shall come in its time. ;)

Attached Files:

14. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Extremely clean and pretty voice, great sound quality. I have been struggling with female voices for as long as I can remember, in the end I am left with poor quality unprofessional voice of my sister or robotic text readers. Can you twist your voice and achieve another version or you prefer the natural version? I would really like to have you on board with me, plenty of female characters currently. You can check my project Acheron's Affliction, link in my signature, if you are interested, let me know. Thanks to deepstrasz for pointing me to you.

15. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sure! Depending on how you want my voice to "twist", I could probably achieve that. Send me a pm and we'll get this thing rolling!

16. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great! I will contact you with the lines as soon as I can, along with all other information. There might be characters that needs re-acting and so on, so I need to dig it up first. Project is on hold though (I currently lack the time). For how long are you planning to be active and available (looking forward to a year or few)? Can I turn to you anytime I wish or your services are limited? I am glad to have a professional voice on board, thank you. :)

17. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    My availability is completely open so have at it. Just keep in mind that I have Kyrbi0's kids to watch. ;)

18. Rex.

Rex.

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Kyrbi0's kids to watch. ;)"

Oh,...how sweet!

19. Premin

Premin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol Most of the time anyway. But they are super adorable, so it's worth it.

20. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hey, was directed here by Kyrbi0. I'd like to request a female soundset for the female goblin hero "Goblin Bombardier", which is basically a bomb throwing goblin chick with the added ability of being able to summon amphibious explosive robot ants.

Actually, upon looking into the thread. Apparently you've already been working on this. Neat.
    I'm using this model for it. Goblin Bombardier

Also, here's a link to the mod. [Miscellanous / Other] - Goblin Dominator Squad 2.0

A while back I had requested DivineArms for male soundsets in his thread. Voice Acting Service!
    If you could match them with similar level of passion and quality, that would be lovely. Then, I'll be sure to request a lot from you.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016