• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice acting with a laptop microphone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Yes, as the title says, my laptop doesn't have a mic-in jack like my old computer had, but a combo jack, so I can't use my external microphone, but only my laptop's bad internal mic. Anyway, I'd like to see what you think about my voice acting, although I know these probably won't be good for shite with this sound quality. I also didn't bother to edit them because the sound quality is already bad, although some of these voices should be edited and are edited in-game.
If I ever get satisfactory equipment, or find a way to use the external microphone on my laptop, I will create another thread. However, if you like the crispiness of my microphone as it is now, I'm open for requests. Note, though, that I am not a professional voice actor.
The sound files of the WC3 characters which I found I could reproduce most accurately are provided in the .zip file in the attachment of this post, along with some other voices.

I can't do:
- High voices
- Screams
- Female voices

I won't do:
- Anything extremely loud
- Anything with sexual content or bad language

I can do:
- Deeper voices
- Growls
- Certain other extreme voices

CURRENTLY NOT OPEN FOR REQUESTS

Edit: What the hell? The .zip file disappeared from the attachment. I fixed it now.
Edit 2: Edited the sound files and created some new ones by editing.
Edit 3: Added what I can and what I can't do.
Edit 4: Added what I won't do.
Edit 5: Added Environment.zip with more sound files.

Attachments

• VoiceActing.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 148
  • Environment.zip
    16.1 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

Hi, I would like to request something regarding from my Project i've been making... I would like to request 3 Sets of Sounds. (A sound of a Tortured Person (Electric Torture), A Person who's being Engulfed in flames (A scene from Prometheus and 28 Weeks earlier) and a death gargle sound.

PS, Please send the final result here, Reward will be a free avatar + Signature and also a banner for your Voice-acting service here in hive :3

Attachments

• wolfdie_01.mp3
    20.1 KB · Views: 95
Level 15
A sound of a Tortured Person (Electric Torture)
If you want it exactly like in the movie, I'm afraid I can't do it, since I can't scream, my voice is too deep for that. I should've put in the first post things I can't do: scream, high voices, female voices. I can do: deeper voices, growl, certain other extreme voices. You can see the range of my voice in my clips (the Baby voice clip has increased pitch since the edit, though, so it's not totally my voice).
A Person who's being Engulfed in flames (A scene from Prometheus and 28 Weeks earlier)
Can you send me the clips? I haven't watched those movies. Although, if it's screaming again, I can't do it.
a death gargle sound
I can try that, though if you want me to sound exactly like Wolf, I can't do it, since he has a high voice.

Edit: Here's my first take on the death sound. My shitty microphone makes it sound more like an alien dying, though, so I'm not sure I could do this with good quality. I've also found something interesting while editing the sound so I also did this CallOfTheDepths sound in case someone needs it. Both of the sound files are in the .zip file in attachment of this post.

Attachments

• SoundFiles.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Level 15
Level 15
It says they don't ship here where I live. And I don't have an internet payment card anyway.
Edit: Plus, shipping from so far away requires both long time and high taxes. I also don't know whether that converter really is the one that I need, and I can't buy it "blind" and then find out that it's the wrong one.

Nah, that's not the converter I need. I've found the one I need and... it costs more than a microphone.

Anyway, I'm pretty busy right now, so I'm no longer open for requests. I will write a message here when I'll be open for requests again. That probably won't be before I get better equipment too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
Also the page you linked to.. Why the external microphone can not be used after plugged into the Notebook audio combo jack?
Says that it works with a "Four-conductor 3.5 mm headphone with microphone."

So just get one of those and you'll get better quality on the clips.
Priorities_69e821_291668.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.