• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ent Crossbowman

Yeah, there's no range Ent unit, so here's one.
Uses custom animation, so the file size isn't really huge, since there's not much frames and stuffs.
Yeah, hope there's enough edit to get it approved.
Contents

Ent Crossbowman (Model)

Ent Crossbowman (Model)

Reviews
12:42, 9th Apr 2013 Misha: okay.. parts of the wood on his back aren't rigged right, thus making some funky stretching on death animation, and some minor ones in other anims. you should also tweak that crossbow arm, soit doesn't deform that much in...

M

12:42, 9th Apr 2013
Misha: okay.. parts of the wood on his back aren't rigged right, thus making some funky stretching on death animation, and some minor ones in other anims. you should also tweak that crossbow arm, soit doesn't deform that much in attack anim. and lastly, you should really try using normal arrows, wooden one just lack impact (lol)

alright here is the verdict.. you should try adding TC and rewrapping your arrows. a good wooden part you could wrap the bolt body to is the ent's back with TC. maaybe it will get a little over-detailed but it will stand out. another good part, this time for the bolt head, would be the smaller face of the ent. i think that would make a totally unique arrow/bolt and perhaps even as a separate missile

after consulting with other moderators, i am suggesting you to put the missile as a 'portrait', and rename animation back to normal ones. that way it won't be complicated for other users to implement your model

okay, hopefully the last one, calculate the extents in model editor and save. and add a birth and death sound to the 'portrait' arrow

Yay
dummy.gif

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
This is a neat idea, but it seems like things could be made more interesting in the mesh; currently it's just a Treant with a crossbow (made of wood, lol. Nice touch). Different face (use Ancients for inspiration)? Different tree-rack, taller/thinner 'trunk' (lol), different bark-armor? Etc.

Again, nice idea.

Level 1
An offer

I am very interested by your work with these kinds of models and was wondering if you would be interested in designing a bunch of models that i have sketched up that would be used in an rts/warcraft3 styled game that i am currently working on.

You can send the message directly to my email which is: [email protected]

Cheers Skullbent

A suggestion, if I may?
Grow a thorny branch out of the treant's back, so when it reaches back, it can snap off a twig and use it as a bolt (missile).
Or . . .
Turn the branch that holds the crossbow into vines and branches to serve the weapon's place. Retain the back branch.
That way, your enemies can have a bad day with a deadly kind of a front-lawn weed.:goblin_yeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
A suggestion, if I may?
Grow a thorny branch out of the treant's back, so when it reaches back, it can snap off a twig and use it as a bolt (missile).
Or . . .
Turn the branch that holds the crossbow into vines and branches to serve the weapon's place. Retain the back branch.
That way, your enemies can have a bad day with a deadly kind of a front-lawn weed.:goblin_yeah:

well thats just genius:goblin_good_job:

Level 20
When I tried it in game, I replaced the model of archer to this and when it is in his attacking animation it looks like a double arrow xD, maybe try to remove the attacking animation of arrow object/projectile when attacking.