- Jan 1, 2006
It's time to dig through Hive's model database and dust off some oldie but goldie models! Contestants must retexture a completely custom made model (including the texture) found in Hive's Classic Model Database. There is no restrictive theme otherwise. Let your imagination set the limits.
- Submissions must follow the contest theme.
- Submissions may not be started / made before the official launch of the contest.
- Teamwork is not allowed (physically working on someone else's entry).
- Giving feedback isn't considered teamwork and is always welcome. However, if you feel someone is abusing it, you may appeal to the appointed moderator.
- Post a Works-In-Progress (pictures or videos) in the contest thread during the contest process. It must be clear that you are working on the submission.
- The submission must be posted in the Skins section, before the contest ends.
- The resource description must make it clear that it's a submission for this contest by stating: "Entry for Hive's Texturing Contest #31"
- Post your final entry in the contest thread before contest is over. The post should be a little presentation, having your submission attached.
- Judges may not participate.
- Submission must follow the Skin Submission Rules.
- The skinned model must be a custom-made model found in Hive's resource database. SD meaning no .ORM textures or otherwise made for the HD Reforged graphics.
- The chosen model must be a unit with animations i.e. no doodads etc.
- The chosen model must also have an existing custom-made texture, i.e. no in-game textures. However, if the custom-made model uses very small parts of in-game assets but is otherwise almost 100% custom-made, it may be accepted.
- Model edits are not allowed.
- Textures mustn't be larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512, preferable 256 on equal dimension textures when submitted.
- 1st place: 750 experience points
- 2nd place: 600 experience points
- 3rd place: 450 experience points
- Entry: 150 experience points
- Judge: 25 experience points per entrant
- If no judges are found (at least two is required) before the deadline, the winners will be decided by the votes of a public poll.
- Want to be a judge? Read this.
(Updated May 29, 2023)
|WIP 1 | WIP 2 | WIP 3 | WIP 4 | WIP 5||
Footman16's Footman Warrior Entry for Hive's Texturing Contest #31 For this contest I decided to take Murlocologist's amazing Spartan Warrior model and turn it into the best unit in all of Warcraft 3: the Footman! This model was fun but also tricky to work with and so I hope I have done the...
|WIP 1 | WIP 2||
Night elf heavy armor warrior. Texture replaces https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/judgment-paladin.316040/
|WIP 1 | WIP 2||
Entry for Hive's Texturing Contest #31 Disclamer: nothing. Behind the scene of Sunweaver Genesaur is located here. Version 1.0 Released Bonus Check out the video that include Sunweaver itself as a cameo. Tags: Solar, Genesaur, Sun, Sun Weaver, Sunweaver, Magnataur, Explobomb
|WIP 1 | WIP 2|
|WIP 1 | WIP 2|
|WIP 1 | WIP 2 | WIP 3 | WIP 4||
Hey there! It's been a while since I last made a texture, over three years to be exact. I'm thrilled to share my latest creation, which I made exclusively for The Hiveworkshop's 31st Texturing Contest. This time, I decided to tackle a humanoid dragon texture, something I've always wanted to try...
|@Vinz||WIP 1 | WIP 2||
Forged from the memory of cities in ash, and the grave of dreams buried alive... this is the tank that howls, "never again." A retexture of @Deolrin and @Kwaliti's excellent Elite Siege Engine - The Übertank. Entry for Texturing Contest #31 - Repurposing.
|WIP 1 | WIP 2||
Shadow Council Assassin
Entry for Texturing Contest #31 - Repurposing Custom Models. Replaces the texture for Tauer's awesome Garona model. Enjoy! EDIT: Uploaded Ingame Screenshot
|Shading||Does the unit fit into the WCIII lighting environment? Is the source of light consistent? Does the unit have a realistic 3D shape enhanced by the shading? Is each individual part shaded according to the material?||/point value|
|Does the design of the unit suit the model it is wrapped on? Has the author come up with creative ways to change parts of the model into something new? Does the unit fit into the style of WCIII?||/point value|
|Does the unit appear blurry and bland in-game? Are the details appropriate and realistically placed? Are the materials in use easily recognized?||/point value|
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)
The contest shall begin on May 1, 2023 and conclude on May 29, 2023 GMT (day is included).
Assigned Staff: @Archian
Previous Contest | Poll | Results