• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🎨Texturing Contest #33 - Peaceful NPC

Level 32
To be fair, Hive haven't gone any hype on contests, no hype = not much people entering contest. Which sadly the main reason I didn't skin stuff recently till i catch in a time for it. Clearly my surrounding is fogged and I think so do the people interested in one.

Don't get me wrong, Betsy is a decent contest host here and he keeps catching hope. Perhaps when Hive can cook up something to boost everyone a motive to join an activity. My takes are controversial but I am not afraid speaking what truth in heart about the current state.

My apologies, sadly I've been very busy since the latter part of 2023 and nearly this entire 2024. Wishing you all fun with this contest though :grin:
No worries, thanks for dropping in!

As you all may have noticed the contest deadline has been extended again, let me know how the rest of you are all getting on! :)

Level 11
@Val_09 @Darkfang @Shido @aeman @Moy @PrinceYaser @Vinz @Draktar @ZethHolyblade @TheZodiarch @Mouseketeer @A.R. @Arowanna @AnyNameYouWish

Hey guys, just thought I'd give yous a wee tag to see if you'd be interested in joining this contest. I know the deadline has already been extended twice, but I'd rather we get a good field of entries rather than being tight with an arbitrary schedule.

I hope some of you will have some cool ideas in mind for this theme!
I was considering joining, but thought the deadline had been crossed, yet I see know that it has been extended to the 31 march. I might join.... gotta think about the perfect unit to pacify then :3

Level 14
Same thing, I just overhauled almost everything in my desktop to play new Baldur's Gate and even though I have the old HDD plugged in, I don't think the new setup likes me trying to run things directly from it, coz all the paths are mixed up.. or something.

P.S. is there a way to flag that I'm now spending almost every waking moment not at work playing Baldur's Gate?

I'm pretty over Tindur's Date 3 now, so if anything develops, lemme know.
Kinda disappointing after burning $1.5k on new hardware but oh well gotta blow your money on something?

It's pretty, but I'd give it a 7/10 on a bad day, 8/10 if generous. I'd rank some Skyrim mods as more polished, and certainly less buggy, which should be seen as quite damning.

Level 4
piggy 01.png

Just started on my entry. Here's a sleepy quillboar.:goblin_sleep:

View attachment 467003
Just started on my entry. Here's a sleepy quillboar.:goblin_sleep:
Wow, looks good so far, looks like you've got the base colours and even shapes down, excited to see how it develops, I also see some good lighting work form the lamp :)