- Jan 1, 2006
Contestants must create a Metroidvania map, which is a genre of action-adventure video games focused on guided non-linearity and utility-gated exploration and progression. A metroidvania video game is a subgenre of the action-adventure game platform that is mostly two-dimensional, where the player travels through a map to collect items and gain new abilities, both of which open up the world to further exploration.
- Submissions must follow the contest theme.
- Submissions may not be started / made before the official launch of the contest.
- Teamwork is not allowed (physically working on someone else's entry).
- Giving feedback isn't considered teamwork and is always welcome. However, if you feel someone is abusing it, you may appeal to the appointed moderator.
- Post 2 Works-In-Progress (pictures or videos) in the contest thread during the contest process. It must be clear that you are working on the submission.
- The submission must be posted in the respective resource section, before the contest ends.
- The resource description must make it clear it's a submission from the respective contest.
- Post your final entry in the contest thread before contest is over. The post should be a little presentation, having your submission attached.
- Judges may not participate.
- Submissions must follow the Map Submission Rules.
- Finding voice actors, or testers to test multiplayer mode isn't considered as teamwork, and is allowed.
- The map must be playable in battle net. (current max map size is 256MB, for example)
- Using imports is allowed as long as it follows Resource Submission Rules (Models, skins, icons, spells).
- The submission must be unprotected so that it's openable via the normal WorldEditor.
Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.
- 1st place: 750 experience points
- 2nd place: 600 experience points
- 3rd place: 450 experience points
- Entry: 150 experience points
- Judge: 25 experience points per entrant
- To be announced.
- Want to be a judge? Read this.
|Is the map an enjoyable experience? Are the spells creative and satisfying? Is there replayability? Does the map have unique and original ideas? Does the map conform to the theme?||/55|
|Immersion||Do the terrain and music create a desirable atmosphere? Are the sound and art assets used well? How is the general execution?||/35|
|Technical||Does the map run well performance-wise? Are there lots of bugs?||/10|
- Judgement: 70%
- Poll: 30%
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)
The contest shall begin on Sep 22, 2022 and conclude on Jan 20, 2023 (day is included).
(Last updated 27-01-2023)
|Work in Progress||Entry|
|WIP 1 | WIP 2||
Tale Of Crowley Introduction Tale of Crowley is a single player, single hero adventure based to follow a Metroidvania theme ( Metroid + Castlevania). Metroidvania Metroidvanias games usually feature non linear game play, clear/ unlock new areas by defeating bosses, claustrophobic...
|WIP 1 | WIP 2||
Entry for the 20th Mini-Mapping Contest Mecha CL has attacked the installation. Zombie virus has escaped. In a desperate move, the marines manages to push through to the control room for the experimental Mecha Protectors and power them on... You are a Mecha Protector, defeat zombies, gain...
|WIP 1 | WIP 2|
|WIP 1 WIP 2|
Assigned Staff: @Archian
Previous Contest | Poll | Results