- Dec 13, 2018
The contestants must choose one of the arenas submitted in the Level Design Contest #1 - Boss Fight Arena to create one or more bosses as part of one or two boss fights.
Each boss fight can have a maximum of two phases, and all arenas in the map you choose must be utilized. There must be a very short intro cinematic (not over 30 seconds) which will not affect your final score, and is purely for immersion and creative outlet. The contestants must create at least 1 hero, up to a maximum of 3 heroes. All the heroes must have custom abilities.
- All submissions and all resources contained within the map must adhere to all of Hiveworkshop's rules.
- You cannot start working on your submission before the contest has officially started.
- You must post at least 3 Work-in-Progress media (images/videos) that clearly show your progress.
- Only SD entries are allowed, and this is made with the latest patch in mind. You may create your map in another patch, but the final submissions will be reviewed using the latest patch. The judges are not responsible for any version incompatibilities. Should you wish to have your map adapted to the latest patch you can do that, as long as you ask a mod or Hive staff member to do it. The person who adapts the map can only make sure things are looking as they should, and may not fix already existing errors, add more to the map or in any direct or indirect way contribute to making the map different from how the original author made it.
- There must be a respawn system in place so you don't have to restart the map if you die.
- You must use a template map that was submitted as entry in the Level Design Contest #1 - Boss Fight Arena.
- Both arenas in the map you choose must be utilized.
- You must create an intro cinematic with a run-time of less than or equal to 30 seconds.
- Your final submission must be posted in this thread, not in the template section. This is because the arenas already exists in the template section so we should avoid duplicate entries.
- You are not allowed to make major changes to the layout or terrain. Changes to map-included mechanics is allowed.
- You are not allowed to get custom spells from the spells section, but you are allowed to use projectile systems, damage engines, and other utility systems to base your spells and systems on.
- Contestants must create at least 1 hero, up to a maximum of 3 heroes (more heroes may be harder for potential players (and judges) to manage, which may affect your final score so its suggested not making more than 2). All the heroes must have custom abilities (They can be "re-skinned" Warcraft III abilities as long as they're not 100% vanilla).
- Your map must be; Bug-free with absolutely NO game breaking bugs, lag free on up to date gaming computers (slight lag is acceptable in cinematics), periodic timers and other high frequency triggers must be leak free. Icons, models and textures must be properly imported and optimized for Warcraft 3 (No green icons or wow models with messed up animations, etc).
- The submission must be unprotected so that it's openable via the normal WorldEditor.
- Teamwork - physically working on someone else's entry - is not allowed.
- Feedback and testing aren't considered teamwork and are welcome.
- Judges may not participate.
Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule, you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.
- 1st place: 750 experience points
- 2nd place: 600 experience points
- 3rd place: 450 experience points
- Entry: 150 experience points
- Judge: 25 experience points per entry
|Gameplay||How well made was the actual boss fight? Was it an engaging fight where various tactics had to be employed to defeat the boss? How was the balancing?||/40|
|Technical||Were the triggers well made, and leak free? Was there any lag? How smoothly did everything run?||/25|
|Utilization||How well were the arenas utilized? Were the map mechanics used?||/25|
|Sounds||Were fitting sound effects and music used in a good way? Was the soundscape immersive?||/10|
- Judgement: 70%
- Poll: 30%
The contest shall begin on 10th September 2021 and conclude on 8th October 2021 GMT (day is included).
Assigned Staff: @Riki
Previous Contest | Poll | Results
Last edited by a moderator: