• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mini-Mapping Contest #7 - Boss Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Dwarven Mines 1.2c

attachment.php

Description in-game:
The dwarves have been mining here for years but their latest discovery, a demon's grave led a lot of strangers into their mines, some of those strangers were seekin' to revive this demon and they killed most of the miners, dwarven heroes have been called to rescue the mine but most have failed. Now it is your turn Gimli Bronzebeard.

Map information:
On this map you have to make your way to the boss and defeat him, on your way you can kill units to get money and buy some basic survival items. Your hero starts at lvl 6 and it has every single skill needed for survival; summon friendlies, heal self or friendlies and others.

Well this is my final submission, we still have a few days to work on it but I really enjoyed makin' this map with dwarves so I want to start makin' a campaign related to dwarves as soon as possible, please try the map and tell what you think :D!

I'd love to make this more attractive for people by expanding its description more further but I really want to start workin' on this campaign and I also have to work in 2 hours u.u

Attachments

• Dwarven Mines 1.2c -unopt.w3x
    2 MB · Views: 173
  • preview.JPG
    preview.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 575
attachment.php

description in-game:
the dwarves have been mining here for years but their latest discovery, a demon's grave led a lot of strangers into their mines, some of those strangers were seekin' to revive this demon and they killed most of the miners, dwarven heroes have been called to rescue the mine but most have failed. Now it is your turn gimli bronzebeard.

map information:
on this map you have to make your way to the boss and defeat him, on your way you can kill units to get money and buy some basic survival items. Your hero starts at lvl 6 and it has every single skill needed for survival; summon friendlies, heal self or friendlies and others.

well this is my final submission, we still have a few days to work on it but i really enjoyed makin' this map with dwarves so i want to start makin' a campaign related to dwarves as soon as possible, please try the map and tell what you think :d!

I'd love to make this more attractive for people by expanding its description more further but i really want to start workin' on this campaign and i also have to work in 2 hours u.u

Loved the map, it reminds me of good ol' campaigns. It's just so... playable. No lag or bugs, somewhat intriguing story, nice effects and creeps, quests, interesting bossfight... This is a very solid entry.
And I definitely agree with HammerFist132, you should make a whole campaign based on this story.

Level 4
Many people have told me that my boss(bloodmage) is too hard, therefore i will reduce number of heroes to 4, greatly reduce damage of flamestrike in phases 1 and 2, reduce damage of fire elemental's aoe death, shorten debuff intervals in phase 3 and reduce hp of boss and generators by 25% and hp of fire elementals by 33%. I hope that this will help you to kill him easily. But... maybe later on i will release original version

Level 11
attachment.php

THE ARACHNID LAIR v1.1

It is quite easy to believe the moster as a myth. Some sort of projection of dark desires crawling through our unconscious devices; feared and worshipped by mortal beigns out of an abiding sense of helplessness.
What is left to found in that cave isn't a projection or alike. The thing that breeds chaos there is real and was designed to choose its own evolution.For them, the only honorable death is one that leaves a bloody crater and guts all over it.

It is quite easy to believe the monster as a myth, until you feel the unbearable wrath of the "myth" over you.

The Arachnid Lair is a quite simple type of map. There is a freaking giant monster that lurks in a creepy cave; in order to achieve victory, you must kill the creature.
This map was created as an entry for the Hiveworkshop's Mini-Mapping Contest #7 Bossfight themed. THIS IS SINGLE PLAYER ONLY!

-Scary enviroment
-Detailed SFXs
-Hero customization system, that includes 21 different abilities and 4 powerfull runes to boost most of them
-Difficlty settings
-Creeping monster sounds
-Custom music
-"NeverStopMovingAround"-styled game

You will be playing as Adrien, a full-level veteran barbarian. Adrein gets to choose 4 skills at the start of the game (Offensive, Defensive, Utility and Ultimate) and 2 of the 4 available runes that provides passive bonusses to himself as well as the skills he alredy picked.

Since there are 21 abilities and each rune upgrades them in up to 3 different ways, you will have lots of possible combinations to begin with. Try another thing if your current tactic doesn't seem to work properly!

The barbarian also has a "Rage Level" wich will start in 0 and will increase with every killed enemy. Rage Level cap is 80 (Honor rune can decrease it to 70) and each killed mob will grant 1 rage point (Combat rune doubles this value). Every time the barbarian reachs the Rage Cap (displayed as "food" in the superior-right corner of the screen), he will be fully healed from both HP and MP; this of course, will reset the counter back to 0.

There are only a couple more ways to heal the hero besides the Rage Cap reaching. The barbarian has a 5 hp/s starting bonus regeneration of hitpoints that will apply to his current regeneration (the one provided by every strengh point in the hero card). Also, every killed monster (Greater Spiders only!) has a particular chance to drop Health Orbs or Greater Health Orbs (Spirit rune will make them drop Greater ones), that will heal 400 hp and 600 hp based on the power of the orb. Chance to drop this items depends on the current game difficulty (more information about this later!). Additionaly, there are a large number of skills that will heal a % of the barbarian's current health (although most of them requieres a Spirit Rune to provide this bonus).

BATTLE HUNGER (Q-Offensive)
Provides 40% bonus damage for 9 seconds.

Combat Rune: 60% bonus damage

Honor Rune: Non-boss enemies killed will explode on death, dealing 90 damage to nearby foes

Spirit Rune: 18% chance to heal 25% max life when cast

HELLFIRE SPAWNS (Q-Offensive)
Summons 4 fire spirits that will orbitate around the barbarian until they collide with an enemy, dealing 25 damage per seconds for 5 seconds.

Combat Rune: Deals 32 damage

Honor Rune: Summons an extra spirit

Fanatism Rune: Reduces cooldown by 4 seconds

FIERY EDGE (Q-Offensive)
Ripples outward a wave of fire that burns enmies on it's path dealing 140 damage

Combat Rune: Deals 200 damage

Honor Rune: 40% chance to release a 100 damage nova around the caster

Spirit Rune: 25% chance to heal 25% max hp when cast

JUMP ATTACK (Q-Offensive)
Jumps to the targetted location dealing 140 damage in a 250 AoE

Combat Rune: Deals 220 damage

Honor Rune: Knocks nearby enemies back

Fanatism Rune: Reduces cooldown by 4 seconds

BLADE STRAFE (Q-Offensive)
Throws blades to nearby enemies, dealing 125 damage per target

Honor Rune: Knockbacks nearby enemies

Spirit Rune: 50% reduced manacost

Fanatism Rune: Slows nearby enemies attack and movement speed by 35%

AXE THROW (Q-Offensive)
Throws away two sharp axes that deal 180 damage to enemies they collide with.

Combat Rune: 220 damage

Spirit Rune: 30% chance to heal 200 mp when casted

Fanatism Rune: Reduces cooldown by 3 seconds and mana cost by 50

DASH (W-Defensive)
Dash to the target location

Combat Rune: Dashing deals 60 damage to enemies

Spirit Rune: Heals the hero the manacost of the ability

Fanatism Rune: 50% reduced cooldown

FADE (W-Defensive)
Turns the barbarian invulnerable to all damage for 5 seconds

Honor Rune: Lasts 3 more seconds

Spirit Rune: Has 70% chance to restore mana cost when cast

Fanatism Rune: Adds a 30% movement speed bonus

BLESSED FLAME (W-Defenssive)
Heals 12% of current hp and provides 4 bonus defense for 10 seconds.

Honor Rune: 7 bonus defense for 12 seconds

Spirit Rune: Heals 20% current life when casted

Fanatism Rune: Dispells boss current status

INMOLATION (W-Defensive)
Drains 30 mana per second but does 35 damage to nearby enemies.

Combat Rune: Deals 50 damage

Honor Rune: Every boss hit heals 50 hp when Inmolation is activated

Spirit Rune: Every non-boss hit heals 15 mp when Inmolation is activated

PROTECTIVE WHISPER (W-Defensive)
Provides 99 bonus defense for 4 seconds.

Combat Rune: Deals 5% of current life as damage to boss instantly when casted

Honor Rune: Lasts 7 seconds

Spirit Rune: Regenerates 9% of current life as mp when casted

BATTLE SHOUT (W-Defensive)
Provides magic immunity, 4 bonus defense and 250 bonus hp for 10 seconds.

Combat Rune: Also provides 20 damage

Honor Rune: Stuns nearby enemies for 5 seconds

Fanatism Rune: Also provides 25% attack speed

DUPLICATE (E-Utility)
Creates an exact replica of the barbarian that deals 60% his damage and takes 180% damage from foes. Lasts 15 seconds.

Combat Rune: Deals 150 damage instantly to boss if it is within a 200 units near when casted

Spirit Rune: Heals 15% current life if casted when current life is above 30%

Fanatism Rune: Reduces cooldown by 6 seconds and replica lasts 6 seconds more

WAR HOWL (E-Utility)
Reduces nearby foes damage by 25% and armor by 3 for 9 seconds.

Combat Rune: Also deals 75 damage

Honor Rune: Reduces damage by 32% and armor by 5

Fanatism Rune: Also reduces attack and movement speed by 35% for 6 seconds

REDEMPTION (E-Utility)
Deals 5% of current life as damage and reduces the target armor by 4 for 10 seconds.

Combat Rune: Also stuns the target for 3 seconds

Spirit Rune: Damage done heals the barbarian

Fanatism Rune: Reduces cooldown by 7 seconds

SACRIFICE (E-Utility)
When activated, adds 100 bonus damage for 5 seconds. Damage done while barbarian has the Sacrifice buff will also damage him in return.

Combat Rune: Attacks against the barbarian while buff is active will damage the attacker by 15 damage

Spirit Rune: Attacks against the barbarian while buff is active will heal him by 15

Fanatism Rune: Buff lasts 5 more seconds

ZEAL (E-Utility)
Provides 40% bonus attack speed for 8 seconds.

Combat Rune: Also adds 25 damage

Honor Rune: Has 20% chance to deal 100 damage to nearby foes when casted

Fanatism Rune: Has 30% chance to boost movement speed by 35% for 5 seconds

WARP (E-Utility)
Teleports the barbarian a short distance within a range of 350 units.

Combat Rune: Deals 75 damage to nearby foes in both starting and ending points

Honor Rune: Doubles max distance allowed

Spirit Rune: Heals the hero the manacost of the ability

DOOM HAMMER (R-Ultimate)
Throws a magical hammer at a target enemy unit, dealing 300 damage and stunning it for 5 seconds.

Combat Rune: 25% chance to deal 25-100 bonus damage

Honor Rune: Units near the target will recieve 100 damage

Fanatism Rune: Stun lasts 7 seconds

SUPERNOVA (R-Ultimate)
Blasts the barbarian itself, dealing 200 damage to him and 600 to every enemy in a 400 AoE around the caster. Enemies will also be stunned for 3 seconds.

Honor Rune: 40% chance to gain 1 to all atributes when casted

Spirit Rune: 6% chance to full heal the barbarian

Fanatism Rune: Cooldown reduced by 6 seconds

BLADESTORM (R-Ultimate)
Causes a bladestorm of destructive force around the barbarian, rendering him imune to magic and dealing 100 damage per second to nearby foes.

Honor Rune: Lasts 2 more seconds

Spirit Rune: 21% chance to heal the mana cost of the ability

Fanatism Rune: Gives 25% attack speed bonus for 10 seconds when casted

You will be able to pick 2 of 4 available runes when you are done choosing skills. Theese runes will provide passive bonusses and may boost your skillset, so check carefully when picking so you can create functional skillsets.

COMBAT RUNE:
"If they move, kill them. In fact, kill one now to make sure the other understands"

Combat provides 40 permanent bonus damage. Enemies killed will also provide double rage.

HONOR RUNE:
"Your sword will rust and your arrows will crack, but your honor can't die, it will remain there... forever."

Honor provides 10 points to all atributes. It also reduces the rage limit from 80 to 70.

SPIRIT RUNE:
"Slow and steady may not always win the race, but at least it doesn't end up splattered on the walls"

Spirit provides 600 bonus starting life. Healing Orbs dropped by enemy monsters will heal 50% more hp as usual and will also regenrate mana.

FANATISM RUNE:
"Change your mind or i'll change it for you."

Fanatism provides 60% lifesteal and 25% increased attack speed.

Each rune will upgrade 16 of the 21 total skills (including ultimates), meaning that there are 5 abilities that won't get affected by each particular rune. Yet again, pick wisely!

Okay, here is the big deal. I mean, REALLY BIG deal!. Boss is a giant creepy spider that you will easily recognize since she will be the first enemy to face when battle starts. This particular giant spider is unlike others, you will soon feel the harm of her crushing blow tearing you apart. Boss's skillset is divided into 3 phases: One, Two and Three (duh).

You will start on Phase One, where boss abilities are way restricted and the powerfull ones won't be casted yet.

Phase Two will inmediatly start when boss's current life reaches the 75% value, and will last until you she reachs the 40% life left factor.

Finally, Phase Three will start when boss reaches 40% life as current hitpoints, and will last until you either kill her or get smashed up by her.

Boss's skill's names aren't actually shown to player ingame, so i didn't gave them proper names :D but i will detail here each one of them in order to help the user to get familiar with every strike. One thing that you need to remember is that boss's taunts are repetitive and will almost always tell you what is going to be her next move.

Slow Poison: Passive. Each attack against the barbarian will slow his attack speed by 30% and movement speed by 50% for 3 seconds. It will also deal 10 damage per second.

Multi-Impale: Just a regular impale skill, but with 6 different angles from the boss's current facing point. It deals 150 damage, stuns for 4 seconds and has a 18 seconds cooldown. Boss has a 32% chance to cast Multi-Impale every time she strikes the barbarian on Easy Difficulty, 40% on Medium and 48% on Hardest.

Poison Barrage: Think of it like "Cluster Rockets" ability. It shoots 12 poison missiles that deal 25 damage each, stuns for 1.01 seconds (per missile) and has a 20 seconds cooldown. Boss has a 27,2% chance to cast Poison Barrage every time she strikes the barbarian on Easy Difficulty, 34% on Medium and 40,8% on Hardest.

Dash: Yep, it dash and creates dark stomp waves that deals 200 damage. Has 8 seconds cooldown. Boss has a 28,8% chance to cast Dash every time she strikes the barbarian on Easy Difficulty, 36% on Medium and 43,2% on Hardest.

KnockBack Attack: Powerfull strike that deals 400 damage to barbarian and knocks him 600 units away. You will notice her casting this when you hear the taunt "Fear Me!". Boss has a 16% chance to cast KnockBack Attack every time she strikes the barbarian on Easy Difficulty, 20% on Medium and 24% on Hardest.

Spider Spawn: Every 30-60 seconds boss will spawn 6 Greater Spiders and 6 Lesser Spiders from up the cave walls. You will notice the cave shaking a little bit when this happens, and there are a 20% chance to hear the boss "Here for a blood bath? Hahaha" taunt, but this is meant to confuse the player, so better ignore it. Spiders will climb down from the walls and attack you inmediatly, remember that killing Greater Spiders has a certain chance to drop Health Orbs; and killing any mob will increase your Rage Level. Spawned Spiders have a 15-45 generic expiration timer, but getting flood by them is a real possibility. Also, Greater Spiders will spawn two Lesser Spiders when killed!

Great Slam: You will see her "jump" high and disappear. After 10 seconds you will notice the "Die Maggot!" taunt, and that is when you gotta move because your current position will get recorded. 4 seconds after the taunt begins, the boss will inmediatly fall back to earth in that recorded position, dealing 2300(!) damage to both you AND her spawns. Althoug this is really risky, advanced players may use this as their adventage to clean the screen out of mobs and maybe look for Health Orbs. Boss has a 24% chance to cast Great Slam every time she strikes the barbarian on Easy Difficulty, 30% on Medium and 46% on Hardest. This skill has a 45 seconds cooldown though.

Poison Nova: Creates a poison nova wich consist of 13 venom orbs that will fly 600 units off the boss's location in a circular-styled shape. Touching any of the orbs will deal 100 damage per second during 12 seconds. You will hear the "Your blood will boil" taunt when she cast this. Boss has a 25,6% chance to cast Poison Nova every time she gets striked by the barbarian on Easy Difficulty, 32% on Medium and 38,4% on Hardest.

Spider Flood: This is a combination of the Spider Spawn and Great Slam abilities. Although boss will stay in air much more time and a lot more of spiders will be spawned at different chronological intervals. While she is there, sometimes she will spit poison from above (detailed below). This skill will be casted every 240-300 seconds.

Poison Missiles from Above: Regular Cluster Rockets skill, but with just one missile that will still stun for 1.01 seconds, but will deal 175 damage. This can be casted each 1.5 seconds during a 30 seconds period, and is designed to stupify the barbarian while the Spider Spawns eat him alive. The only way of avoiding this is to always keep moving around.

Enrage: Grants 60% attack speed and 30% movement speed bonus for 8 seconds. You gotta be VERY carefull when she cast this, (no taunts are played, but you can see the rage attachments on 2 of her legs), because since this will make the boss attack faster, it will also make her cast more skills in less time!. Boss has a 24% chance to cast Enrage every time she strikes the barbarian on Easy Difficulty, 30% on Medium and 36% on Hardest.

Inmolation: Another powerfull spell. It deals 60 damage per second in a 360 AoE to the barbarian. You will hear the "Your blood will boil" taunt and see a large plague cloud over her body. It is NOT recommended to fight her while she has Inmolation active, since it will most likely end up with you dead. Inmolation buff lasts 45 seconds but can be dispelled with Blessed Flame and a Fanatism Rune bonus. Boss has a 32% chance to cast Inmolation every time she gets striked by the barbarian on Easy Difficulty, 40% on Medium and 48% on Hardest.

-If you get Blessed Flame, spam it even if you are not beign damaged. The % heal is quite awesome when you are almost full

-Feel you don't need to get that Health Orb while both you and boss are low hp? Think again dude, she will probably eat you alive before you can defeat her. Your feelings lie

-Health Orbs will not disappear unless you use them, it is a good idea to stack them up while you are nearly full in order to saving them for later

-Health Orbs will be auto-picked up if you walk over them!

-Blessed Flame + Fanatism Rune totally ruins boss's Inmolation skill

-Using Battle Shout, Fade and Bladestorm will remove ALL of your current buffs, use this as your adventage

-Bladestorm and Battle Shout makes you untouchable by magic attacks, so insta-cast them if you hear that scary taunt! Avoiding a Poison Nova or a Great Slam can definetly win you a game

-There are a "Escape-Mechanism" skill on every non-ultimate ability section. Offensive Skillset has Jump Attack, Defensive has Dash and Utility has Warp. This is intended. You should get at least one of them on every game, in order to reach that Health Orb when you are low hp or in case if you get stucked in a terrain bug

-You can totally outrun Spider Spawns with the Jump Attack long cast range, making them walk until their expiration timer comes to save your back

-Don't get cornered!

-NEVER stop moving around!

-Sacrifice is a REALLY cool skill. But it's life cost may not always worth it. Remember that Sacrifice will nule the lifesteal provided by Fanatism Rune, so if you are up to it, better take Combat Rune or Spirit Rune

-BTW, Battle Hunger + Sacrifice + Doom Hammer = 1000+ free damage without getting touched!

-If you get fully healed from the Spirit Rune bonus on Supernova, damn you. I've played thousands of times and i only got it once!

-Sometimes it might seem that you have the situation over control, but you are going to be wrong most of the times. Don't ever underestimate the KnockBack Attack trigger chance, it will kick your ass even when full health if gets casted a few times in a row

-As a general advice, fight far away from the middle-map bridge. Sometimes the path rutes glitches and you might end up getting stucked on the left side

-Chances of getting Health Orbs from Greater Spiders are: 40,625% on Easy, 32,5% on Normal and 27,0833% on Hardest

-Can't kill her? Try Blade Strafe + Blessing Flame + Warp + Supernova + Honor Rune + Spirit Rune

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

-Sometimes you can get stucked on the left side of the middle-map bridge. This can happen to boss too, but she will make it out of there easily

-Both Blade Strafe and Hellfire Spawns skills are based on "Fan of Knives". For some weird reason, they will not take their actual icon place in the ability section, taking the Utility slot instead. This will make all of your skillset to be placed wrong when you are done choosing, but it will still work with the QWER hotkeys! (Does anybody knows why this happens anyways?)

Blizzard and Blizzard North (Engine, sounds, icons, etc.)
Video Copilot (Designer Sounds FX)
Dan van Ohllus & Mr.Goblin (D3Barbarian model)
judash137 (Cure and Shield model)
Ampharos_222 (Lurker model)
Epsilon (SummonedBlades model)
RetroSexual (VenomousGale model)
Thunder Mare (Web tileset texture)
Shark_4_you (Advanced Dash Example)
calex3 (Nova Spells)
Hossomi (Barbarian spellpack and Knockback System)
RMX (Wild Axes)
LOTR: The Return of the King OST (06- Minas Morgul)
WILL THE ALMIGHTY (AncientExplode & DirtExplosion model)
Buster (RuinHead mode)
Fingolfin (MoriaArchway model)
EvilCryptLord (ElitePlagueCloud model)
shamanyouranus (LocustSwarmTarget1 model)
Frankster (OrbBloodX model)
Kuhneghetz (D3Barbarian icon)

Did i forget you? Let me know ASAP!

This is my final entry. I would made it much better if i had started earlier! :goblin_sleep: Custom interface and much more skills came to my mind!

View attachment The Arachnid Lair by BetaGod v1.1.w3x

THANKS A LOT FOR THE CONTEST! I REALLY HAD FUN MAKING THIS! :grin:

Attachments

• Header2.png
    Header2.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 19,344
  • 3.png
    3.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 1,994
  • 4.png
    4.png
    553.6 KB · Views: 2,064
  • 7.png
    7.png
    600.8 KB · Views: 1,988
  • 11.png
    11.png
    564.5 KB · Views: 1,895
  • 10.png
    10.png
    554.7 KB · Views: 1,957
  • 8.png
    8.png
    400.8 KB · Views: 1,967
Super bad news from me: my net it broken (it's true), I want to get mad xD. Btw have finished my map, all heroes triggered spell, boss phases etc, now should work on other special effects, music and hero lives.
Problem with uploading map is: i must do it on my phone so I cannot give some cool description, and maybe I can upload only few pictures.

Major things in my map:

Mobs- Low HP, Big Damage
Hints- Giving suggestions
Cinematic- Folow story, can be skipped
Boss- 3 phases, all triggered spells,
Hero- 4 spells, all triggered, maybe I will addT more, based : aoe damage, single target, heal, defence
Terrain- cool details, doodads, effects, etc

That's all for now, need few things to do and today I should upload it

Remixer is already doing his job.
Yes, he is.

EDIT: Some report from me.

-Finished all tooltips.
-Reduced creep dmg, increased hp, suppose it will be more fun now.
-Made a dialog box at the beginning with some options.
-Made a new, yet unseen option: Spell Camera. It changes your camera while you are casting a spell. Brilliant, huh? XD lol, just kiddin' :D

I will need to change the fourth phase and finish the fifth one, and that will be pretty much all from me.

Last edited:
Level 14
Here is my entry.
Roj Drakas - a jedi master who studied both the dark and light sides. For this he was dismissed from the jedi council but remained on the Republic’s side, constantly watched by his jedi comrades. The jedi council assigned the peacekeeper Shi’Le Kashin to stand at his side and observe the master’s dark side affinity. Now both of them are called on a grand assault over the icy wasteland known as Illum – the planet where the crystals for all lightsabers originate.
The Emperor took control over large ground areas on the planet and dispatched his new ‘Hand’- Darth Revan also known as the Grey Jedi.
Now both jedi masters will have to face Revan and take back one of the most important crystal caves – the Adegan crystal cave.
Crash landing on the rough surface of Illum after a fierce space battle Shi’Le and Roj Drakas find themselves with little reinforcements and no time but infront of the Adegan Crystal cave.

YOU take control over both jedies and will have to confront Revan and his minions of destruction while racing against time before the place is overrun by the imperials.

Features:
- Playing with 2 heroes at the same time
- Jedi master Roj Drakas - tanky/dps jedi who sides with both dark and light sides in the time of need.
- Jedi Consular Shi'Le Kashin - a support/healer jedi who uses many ways to shield and reduce damage taken by even sacrificing herself.
- Original soundtrack and star wars sounds for best quality and ingame feeling of the enviroment.
- 3 killable bosses (demo version). For every boss there is a description of his abilities in the Quest menu. Make sure to read them if you find it too difficult.
- Small amount of items (demo version) including Force Boons (force boon is an item that empoweres jedi spells and abilities)
- Phase to phase boss combat.
- Warning - death is PERMANENT. Save is reccomended after each boss. For test purposes there will be ressurection orbs in the heroes at start. At the full release of the map they will be removed and will be gained via special events (assault on the camp, worker droids destroyed, secrets found, etc)

-Sometimes Revan's aoe Stun at the end of boss 1 will not run, game will still proceed as intended.
- There are some units that for some reason dislike being slowed by Force booned Disbalance. The boon buff will not be removed if that ever happens.

View attachment entry v.1.0.w3x

Last edited:
Level 4
Final entry(bloodmage)

so, here's my final entry...

Bloodmage
20oxah.jpg

A very powerful bloodmage, who tyrannized the land, wanted to make a magic shield using eight magic generators to protect him from his enemies. However, generators weren’t powerful enough and the shield wasn’t as big as bloodmage planned and it trapped him inside, while the generators were outside. Four heroes have decided to seize this opportunity to kill him before he finds a way to free himself.

Phase 1 - Destroying the generators - In this phase, you will have to destroy all eight generators around bloodmage. His only spell here is flamestrike, which doesn't deal much damage.

Phase 2 - Fighting the bloodmage - When generators are destroyed, shield that protects bloodmage disappears. He will continue casting flamestrikes, but he will summon a weak fire elemental in center of each flamestrike. Elementals die quickly, but when they do, they deal lots of damage to everyone standing near them.

Phase 3 - Breaking the curse - At 50% hp, bloodmage curses all heroes, making them unable to attack or cast spells, but he's not strong enough to maintain this spell, therefore every ten seconds one of your heroes will free himself. Of course, bloodmage continues casting flamestrikes.

Phase 4 - The last stand - At 20% hp, bloodmage realizes that flamestrikes aren't best way to kill you and changes strategy, risking everything to finish the fight.

Attachments

• bloodmage easymode.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 96
Level 25
AEGAEUS
(Final Version Entry)

With rumors of an ancient race resurrecting their storm god, Aegaeus, you venture downward into the depths of their dark citadel to stop them.

· 2D-Style Platformer View & Controls (Includes Jumping)
· Arrow Key Movement
· Momentum System (Affects Movement Speed/Jump Height)
· Projectile Blocking/Parrying System
· Simple F Key Attack/Skill Hotkeys
· Hotkey Combos to Unleash Devastating Attacks
· Arrow System (For Bow)
· Multiple Difficulties to Learn/Test Yourself
· Eerie Dungeon Environment
· Multiboard Cooldown/HP/Resource Stock Display
· Preparation Shop NPC (Before the Boss)
· Uniquely-Designed Items for Varied Purposes
· Mini-Boss
· Boss/Mini-Boss 'Cinematic' Intros
· 5 Hidden Gold Stashes

Basic Actions
F1: Sword Attack (Low Damage; Low Cooldown)
F2: Kick Attack (Moderate Damage; Moderate Cooldown)
F3: Bow (Low Damage Projectile; Long Cooldown)
F4: Fire Enchantment (Combos Only)
F5: Potion (Heals 25% HP)

Movement
Up Arrow: Jump
Right Arrow: Move Right
Left Arrow: Move Left
Double-Tap Right Arrow: Dash Right (Ground Only)
Double-Tap Left Arrow: Dash Left (Ground Only)
Down Arrow (Hold): Crouch

Combos
F1 + F2: Bladestorm (Full Circle Sword + Kick Damage)
F4 + F1: Phoenix Blade (Sword Damage + Short Range Projectile)
F4 + F2: Explosive Kick (High Damage)
F4 + F3: Flame Arrow (Piercing)
Down Arrow + F2: Shield Block (Iron Shield Must Be Purchased)

Because this was an experiment in making a platforming game, pathing and movement may feel a bit jagged at times. There should be no lag from this map, so all graphic settings should be at their highest. Your light quality must be at its highest setting to view the game properly.

Resource credits and other information can be found in the quest menu (F9).

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    636.7 KB · Views: 10,058
  • 5.png
    5.png
    954.8 KB · Views: 7,571
  • 4.png
    4.png
    804.2 KB · Views: 7,576
  • 3.png
    3.png
    574.4 KB · Views: 8,252
  • 2.png
    2.png
    685.7 KB · Views: 8,581
  • 6.png
    6.png
    950.5 KB · Views: 7,760
  • 7.png
    7.png
    932.8 KB · Views: 6,901
  • Tickles-'Aegaeus'-Contest #7.w3x
    5.2 MB · Views: 245
Level 25
I'm also Pacific, and GMT is our time +7 hours. I guess the contest ends at midnight at the end of the 27th in GMT time? So that would be about 5pm our time.
Here you go, god how lazy I am to work on this :sad:

Will improve post later, this is more just in case so you don't forget me :)
I know you were working on this map towards the beginning of the contest (very intense boss fight by the way), but what was that Nintendo WIP you posted a little ways back?
I will start FINAL JUDGING tomorrow.
Dun, dun, dunnnn! :goblin_boom: Hopefully everyone gets their final entries in on time.

My final submission:
attachment.php

Adramelech
Map Description
''Enter the fiery depths of hell and face Demon King of Fire, Adramelech''

This is a single player map which consist only from a single bossfight. It is made by matija97.
Features
-Neat coding, lad and bug-free game
-Great terrain
-Custom combat system and triggered spells
-Customizable character
-Sounds and music
-Great visual performance including custom user interface, font, models and effects
-Five unique phases
-Many, many more...
Credits
These are contained in map itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 369
  • Adramelech.w3x
    14.4 MB · Views: 53

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Tickles

FieldCommentScore
OriginalityYou did great job. Very good 2D game even though it is so short. I would like to see some more of this in future.15/15
Map Presentation
&Design
Amazing work on this also. Great loading screen and tips that you can easily understand.10/10
TerrainThis one was not that good. You can see black areas in the map sometimes and terrain is empty. Well in maps like this over terraining would cause troubles.18/25
Triggers
&Efficiency
&Performance
Great job Tickles, nothing more to say. Amazing lag-free game and the combo hotkeys works great.10/10
Object DataYou have selected good voices to your map, battle music is awesome and the little lore is also interesting.9/10
GameplayOver all you have done well. Gameplay is lag-free and did not find any bugs myself. Music and lights fits perfectly to each other and hidden treasures and spikes from roof are setting your score even higher. Great job Tickles.27/30
Score TotalReally amazing job Tickles did not expect this much from you.89/100

Level 14
I was thinking that maybe we should have another boss contest?

You are thinking it from page 20 to here
What!? Someone needs actually more time for a simple boss fight? I finished my entry 10 days ago, it took one week to create a boss battle. Instead of lengthening the deadline, let's do another mini-contest.

Just do another contest... I'll join.

However, if there was another boss contest, I would be glad to join with fresh motivation and some kind of new idea.

I'm waiting for another contest, I feel like this contest had some highs and lows.

What is your plan? :grin:

Level 25
Could we make it in about 1 month or so if the idea comes to life?

Since my exams are quite demanding on time atm (and i think different time spans should provide for different people to be able to participate, to widen up the spectrum of awesome entries, since i doubt i am the only one having exams atm).

Just a suggestion, maybe open up a poll to see when would people like to see the next one hosted?

And yes, boss fights are epic :p

PS: Good luck to all contestants ^^

Last-minute update from me.
Fixed a major UI bug and some minor bugs an leaks.
That is it. This is my real final submission.

P.S. : Good luck to you all. I am really looking forward to public poll and judging for this contest. Who makes it into the top 3, he can be sure he's a badass map maker.

Attachments

• Adramelech.w3x
    14.4 MB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.