• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #5 - Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well I thought I'd wait for a newer version, since not even picking a hero works yet. Can I do anything other than killing waves of enemies with the tauren chief, bowser?

Of course. You can control the creeps if you want to get more fun from this game. But to do this you need to play a multiplayer game ;)
Picking a hero works but only Chaotic Mage (Kael model) can be picked now. After 15-16 hours there'll be another hero. And another. And after that you will be allowed to talk to the units that will inhabit this ruiny place to get help on how to defeat the bosses. Nice, isn't?

Level 5
here is my map so far i have 2 proper heroes 6 difficulties and 1 length i will add 2 more lengths and more heroes please give feedback and tell me of any bugs

Attachments

• Island Protection.w3x
    96.6 KB · Views: 53
Some more updates are finally out! Even more will come soon!

MiniOaD v0.03:

- Chaos Qualify (Chaotic mage 1st skill) now works correctly.
- Now you can see the icon of picked hero in the multiboard.
- New hero added: Sacred Priest

• icons_3269_btn.jpg
    Sacred Quest. Summons a holy angel that will heal all the units inside the area near him. The angel will heal all the allies for 130/160/190 HP and deal damage separated by the enemies. Maximal damage is equal to the amount of total heal of all allied heroes in range. Cooldown: 14 seconds.
  • icons_6429_btn.jpg
    Sacred Whispers. Whispers a word that will heal selected target for 210/250/290 HP. If there are nearby heroes from the target they will receive half or the heal. Cooldown: 22/20/18 seconds.
  • icons_13727_btn.jpg
    Sacred Enchant. Eleonora presents the targeted unit to the God himself. If the target is an ally, it will receive 135/150/165 HP. If the target is an enemy, it will be damaged for the half of the heal amount. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
  • attachment.php
    Sacred Refresh. Eleonora combines her powers and summons a holy rain that heals 40/60/80 HP per second. Rain duration - 5 seconds. Cooldown: 25 seconds.
- Icons for the Chaotic Mage and Sacred Priest added.
attachment.php
icons_3028_btn.jpg

Please test and leave me your comments.

Attachments

• MiniOaDv0.03.w3x
    565.3 KB · Views: 52
  • TranquilLight.jpg
    TranquilLight.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 509
  • BTNChaoticMage.jpg
    BTNChaoticMage.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 473
Level 30
Okay, bowser499, I know that Skill Names should go in parallel with Hero Class, but damn, you are going too much over the top by adding Hero's Subsclass to every single skill. Please take a look down here and tell me what's better:

Learns Sacred Quest, Sacred Whispers, Sacred Enchant, Sacred Refresh.
or
Learns Heavenly Touch, Chant of Altruism, Divine Atonement, Benediction.

Level 6
Learns Sacred Heavenly Touch, Sacred Chant of Altruism, Sacred Divine Atonement, Sacred Benediction.

Ignore them, bowser. At least your chaotic heroes are chaotic and your sacred ones are sacred - every single inch of them!

And just a.. random.. gameplay shot. I already got more feedback in my project thread than here. So mean!

Attachments

• WTPgameplay.PNG
    WTPgameplay.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 103
Level 6
Ah well I'm terraining every now and then too. Just cant hold myself when I see something that could look better. You'll have to help be fix all my leaks when the contest's over, baassee! I've read two threads on leaks and still aint sure I understand how WC3 handles things. :p

edit: Yay, I just finished fixing all known bugs. Guess I'll release my final soon.

Last edited:
Level 22
Ah well I'm terraining every now and then too. Just cant hold myself when I see something that could look better. You'll have to help be fix all my leaks when the contest's over, baassee! I've read two threads on leaks and still aint sure I understand how WC3 handles things. :p

Sure why not :)

Remade my terrain a few times now, cannot find a fitting one with this theme combined with my idea... (defense goes with arena style? together with a touch of mini-game? hell no) will probably end as a failure and leave or as a typical defense thingie map... sigh *fail mode*

This is FINALLY OUT! MiniOaD v0.04b (was fixes after tests)

MiniOaD v0.04b:
- Deduct your way out to killing waves much more.
- New hero added: Valkyrie
  • icons_8385_btn.jpg
    Warfare Query. Summons 6/8/10 sharp blades spinning around the Valkyrie. When the blade collapses with an enemy, it will deal 60/90/120 damage. Duration: 12 seconds. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
  • icons_9204_btn.jpg
    Warfare Whip. Valkyrie deals deep slice into enemy's body and does very powerful strike, dealing 125/150/175 damage to the unit. The earth will tremble, dealing 80 damage to nearby enemies. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
  • attachment.php
    Warfare Evaporation. Valkyrie uses her mastery to evade every 5th/4th/3rd attack and deal to the attacker half of damage dealt.
  • icons_11049_btn.jpg
    Warfare Rage. Valkyrie strikes to the targeted point, dealing 210/250/290 damage to every enemy she meets. Cooldown: 22 seconds.
- Valkyrie Icon:
icons_11733_btn.jpg

Attachments

• PAS_CR_Agilityberserk.jpg
    PAS_CR_Agilityberserk.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 494
  • MiniOaDv0.04b.w3x
    660 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 21
Don't let them mess with you, bowser. Here's a hero suggestion for you:

Tickles
- Tickle Attack
- Tickle Tackle
- Tickle Slap
- Tickle Rage

Make sure Tickle Rage spams tickle all over the target's screen.

So kael, when the poll goes up, are you going to directly link entries to map downloads? Or are you going to link to the post we attached our maps to with any information given regarding the map?

Level 30
Wait. I am judging two contests in a row as the only judge? Geez, that's a lot of pressure you know? Anyways, I can handle it, but I hope that someone can bump in for more randomized score-charts. Oh, and Kino, please use some terrain variations with tiles and heights, and don't just spam doodads around. I already linked you (correction: linked to all of you) two stunning tutorials that can increase your score up to 45 additional points, if used properly (Aesthetics & Polishing your Game).

Level 6
Oh my Kino!! I so much preferred your other wips over the new ones. It looked more cozy and less.. umm scary. I hope you didn't scrap them as a whole. :(

Level 22
I'm looking for other judges, don't worry my dear, you will not be left alone!
Also 2 days left.

I can skip my entry as I cannot fit any terrain to fit my theme with a mini-game related (supposed to be small and at the same time not small?) and with two days left I'm definitely out. Count me in. Although judging terrain might not be my best side (you know me) but I do know my coding...

Level 23
please use some terrain variations with tiles and heights

Theres plenty of it, infact too much for my liking. You just cant see it when the camera so far zoomed out.

Oh my Kino!! I so much preferred your other wips over the new ones. It looked more cozy and less.. umm scary. I hope you didn't scrap them as a whole. :(

Actually I scrapped the old one because the gameplay was god awful boring and very buggy at the same time.

Level 23
2 Questions.

1) Are we allowed to use public code resoruces? ie. damage detect etc.

2) In the rules it is stated that the map has to be submitted before the final dateline. Does that mean I have to submit a WIP even if its not finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.