• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #5 - Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Guys, just keep up the good work, please! Your maps looks so interesting - I can barely wait to get them aboard my game and test them. Let me confirm who is in contest right now, according to the list posted by Tickles. If anyone wants to drop out or we forgot to put him/her in here, please notify me!

Contestants:
- DeathChef
- baassee
- Kino
- Skasi
- mckill2009
- Blazing_Legion
- ltkp
- scorpion182
- bowser499
- Bugz
- Foronisus
- KayS
- eubz
- Tickles

Whoooa... This bots in my map have more playing skill than I have o__o
Guys... It's going that the easy bots can NOT be defeated easily :eek: So if you want to complete my survival, do this with cheats or act together in multiplayer.
Cuz I can't survive even three waves in -new mode.

Four screenshots added!

Last edited:
Level 30
Rage boredom.
boredom-overtakes-me-rage-on-innocent-children.jpg

Level 2
Well, i tested your map, but i was stuck in a room after chosing the hero, nothing happened, tried all modes and still nothing =0

Level 21
Ohhh sorry for the problem haha , just fixed it =D
And added one more spell for the druid(not really balanced but...) =D
Oh, I almost forgot to comment on the new version! I'm liking the new druid skill, and I'm glad to see the wind machine working properly.

Rage boredom.
boredom-overtakes-me-rage-on-innocent-children.jpg
Puppy looks unhappy. I think he needs a lollipop :ogre_haosis:

You can test the first 5 waves ^^
It just seems like an oldschool defense map... I had no idea what hero I was choosing from the circle of power, and I was disappointed to see that the hero I ended up with was just a basic Blood Mage. This map really needs something unique to make it stand out, because it's very unoriginal and repetitive at the moment. Are you making custom heroes soon and just working on the waves at the moment?

Also, you might want to add in hints to show where everything is and where monsters spawn. I was very confused when I first started playing.

Level 21
Ah, so now you'll be filling in the custom eye-candy and basing some of it on the RPG you're branching it off of? Now I'm curious to see how it'll evolve over the next week :ogre_hurrhurr:

By the way, the fog looked nice in the screenshots. It would also make the terrain look better in-game if it was denser, because I hardly noticed it while I was playing.

Level 22
THANKS THE THING UP IN THE SKY FOR THE EXTENSION!!! Had exams today and will have it tomorrow and on wednesday as well so I really thought that I was going to drop out. New concept out, much more mini-game type map, less "core triggering" more "fun coding" YEAH. So Kael forget the other map I worked on, that one will be release to the maps section after the contest instead (no it's not finished but closely with heavy bugs though).

Level 2
For the upcoming version i am redoing all the terrain alot work, but it s gonna be a good result, at least i think so =D

There i ll be regions more defined, and each region will have it boss so wait good stuff :D
----------------------------------
And just for the curious some wips...

Attachments

• BYE - Naga Region.png
    BYE - Naga Region.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • BYE - Naga Region 2.png
    BYE - Naga Region 2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • BYE - Orc Region.png
    BYE - Orc Region.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • BYE - Orc Region 1.png
    BYE - Orc Region 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
Level 30
@bowser499,
More shading, less color contrast, less cartoonish appearance (not needed, thought), more visible and distinguished font, enlarge (or remove) small letters. Thought I would rate this with grade 2 of Lacking Visual, I found that I actually like it. Moderate Art Visual, for me.
3/5

@Vengeancekael,
Don't be bribed. Bribing is bad. Bribing is naughty. If I give you a cookie, would you love me? :D

Level 21
"Come into our temple... Let us release our power on you."

Is that the Warcraft version of, "Come into my car, kids. I have candy."? If so, I'm totally entering that temple.

For the upcoming version i am redoing all the terrain alot work, but it s gonna be a good result, at least i think so =D

There i ll be regions more defined, and each region will have it boss so wait good stuff :D
Awesome. Then it'll be easier to prepare for what's coming, because I always had a problem understanding your terrain layout. I just didn't notice it too much while I was circling the center trying to keep those evil monkeys out. Did you ever consider using the Raise/Lower terrain tool with pathing blockers instead of Blizzard cliffs?

Level 21
I see you've had plenty of experience to perfect your methods, Apheraz :xxd:

Anyway, it feels like the only-a-week-left motivation is kicking in again for this contest. I want to add in a new zone with a new boss before the last one, and so far I have a basic grassy forest, a village/graveyard, and a crystal/snowy forest. Anyone have any other ideas for outdoor terrain that might look good with silhouettes?

Now this map is ready to rumble with some updates and changes!

MiniOaD v0.02:

- Human player can now control creeps and the game will automatically detect is AI needed or not.
- New hero added: Chaotic Mage
  • icons_11261_btn.jpg
    Chaos Qualify. Summons 1/2/3 orbs spinning around Chaotic Mage. When Chaos Tremble will be casted, all the orbs hero have will fly to nearby enemies and deal 140/180/220 damage per orb to them. Max of 3 orbs. Cooldown: 20/18/16 seconds.
    • icons_7577_btn.jpg
      Chaos Tremble. Releases the power of orbs summoned by the Chaos Qualify. Cooldown: 0 seconds.
  • icons_7590_btn.jpg
    Chaos Warp. Chaotic Mage changes his position to the position of nearby hero, dealing 120/140/160 damage to all the enemies in area 300 from the cast point. Cooldown: 14/12/10 seconds.
  • icons_12615_btn.jpg
    Chaos Empower. Charges the Chaotic Mage with power, that will burst immediately, dealing 130/145/160 damage to the enemies in radius 350/400/450. If hero have orbs summoned, they will grant bonus damage (+70 damage per orb). Cooldown: 18/16/14 seconds.
  • icons_6031_btn.jpg
    Chaos Rampage. Chaotic Mage frees all his powers to heavily damage all nearby non-boss enemy units, dealing 220/330/440 damage. Cooldown: 25/20/15 seconds.

Dl the new update here. And sorry for double posting :)

Attachments

• MiniOaDv0.02.w3x
    403.7 KB · Views: 44
Level 6
I've tested MiniOaD, you can't even talk to the murlocs, FFS! CHAOS! Err.. I mean DRAMA!

Anyway, I hereby present the nearly final version of my entry Wisp Tale: Preserve. There's just two or three more bugs to squash, if I don't find any more. I've got so many more plans and ideas for further updates, but that all has to wait for sometime after this contest.

Please report any bugs you happen to stumble upon. Currently known are: Tree of Lifes don't revive, so they can not be picked in the next round (got an easy fix, but I'm thinking of a nicer solution) and ToL upgrades are not reset when a new round starts (I'll have to switch from unit-upgrades to unit-abilities, bleh). The upkeep messages need to be redone too, I know. :)

I'd be happy if anyone could test this map in multiplayer mode and comment on it. I currently don't have the time nor means to do so myself.

Attachments

• WispTalePreserve.w3x
    110.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.