• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contest #20 - Metroidvania

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have "finished" starting area, fixed my own knockback system (Still needs some improvements), made the Ice Caves have random walls appear to make it, made some changes to stats etc.
Now it is time to improve the first boss to make it more "boss-like", make the reward utility "work" and maybe make the 2nd section xD

Level 29
14 Days REMAIN! CHAN!

I have "finished" starting area, fixed my own knockback system (Still needs some improvements), made the Ice Caves have random walls appear to make it, made some changes to stats etc.
Now it is time to improve the first boss to make it more "boss-like", make the reward utility "work" and maybe make the 2nd section xD
Add explosive barrels.

Now serious, ETA, do you reach deadline? dont forget to add credits. Common buddy I am counting on you.

@EternalOne
@The_Silent

Map status?

I actually has something playable now. I should remove/clean up some debug things and I have something that I could upload.

I still want to add more and my map is still too easy and takes about 5-8 minutes to 100% complete, but adding more content should go faster now that my fundamentals are in place.
I have 2 more UI things I'd like to add (Target info and boss health bar) but they are more optional imo.

Level 29
@Archian
@ThompZon

7 days remain CHAN! or 6 days depends on the timezone I dunno really.

I am posting so you Thompzy can write without double posts, nobody gets warning with edits nobody notices edits.

common pal give me good news, like map is 100% ready, lie to me, games companies tend to do that, look at the release of Cyberpunk and you will understand what I mean,

fun dance this one but, well soon it will reach 4th month contest , we cant rent this arena section forever, we have to turn the page, so other mapping contest may be able to be launched someday, if anyone is interested, I am interested, I enjoyed a lot to do a minimap, very willing to map like this again (not techtree, I suck in techtree really,)

see ya

I have setup the base for the final boss, fixed a ton of bugs, added the "Target" UI.
I want to "finish" the 2nd (final) boss and add a few more abilities (at least unlocked for final boss, but they should really be available to explore new areas... That won't happen for this contest though), so it's looking fairly good.
I have a victory condition too, so you can "win" :)

With the final boss I have setup a new "boss arena" (although it's not 100%).

Level 29
I have setup the base for the final boss, fixed a ton of bugs, added the "Target" UI.
I want to "finish" the 2nd (final) boss and add a few more abilities (at least unlocked for final boss, but they should really be available to explore new areas... That won't happen for this contest though), so it's looking fairly good.
I have a victory condition too, so you can "win" :)

With the final boss I have setup a new "boss arena" (although it's not 100%).
Upload your map, is direct order from your superior officer. Take those Panzerfausts, and clear the shore of enemy tanks. (Enemy tanks destroyed 0/8)

Doing a 12 hour sprint tomorrow, and hope I can get it done there.

Edit:
Didn't finish. Will try to get some work in, after work.

Edit 2:
Man, terraining is time consuming work. Still not been able to finish.

yeah mapping is very time comsuming, good luck next time...

24 hours remain!!

24.59 : 24.58 . 24.57 . 24.56 . 24.55
never watched 24 saga to be honest.

Last edited:
I'll upload later today. As always, stuff takes longer than expected and the 2nd boss is kind of close to releaseable.
It'll be completely untested in multiplayer so I'm unsure if I should force it to single player or just have a notice that bugs might occur in multiplayer...

I develop on and for 1.31, but it should probably work fine on newer versions too. I don't use negative-rotated units or anything else that I know is bugged in Reforged. I hope that UI works correctly in newer versions.

Level 29
I'll upload later today. As always, stuff takes longer than expected and the 2nd boss is kind of close to releaseable.
It'll be completely untested in multiplayer so I'm unsure if I should force it to single player or just have a notice that bugs might occur in multiplayer...

I develop on and for 1.31, but it should probably work fine on newer versions too. I don't use negative-rotated units or anything else that I know is bugged in Reforged. I hope that UI works correctly in newer versions.
Dont worry about bugs that much, so many AAA games were released with tons of bugs, literally broken games,

Last edited:

Mecha CL has attacked the installation. Zombie virus has escaped. In a desperate move, the marines manages to push through to the control room for the experimental Mecha Protectors and power them on...
You are a Mecha Protector, defeat zombies, gain "Cores" to empower yourself by exploring and defeating enemies (unsure about the latter, it seemed bugged my last playthrough). You click in the UI to spend the cores. Hopefully there are several different viable "builds" (although the lack of abilities and augments on abilities makes it less so).
Cores are both "right on your path" and "hidden".

If you die, don't worry, you'll soon respawn so you can try again...
Boss entrances are locked during the fight and are reset if you die.

Some minor things that have worked before suddenly seemed bugged last second but hey, I managed to play through it all and (with taking all cores), it took me about 25 minutes or so (including failed fight or two).

Completely untested in multiplayer and on other versions than 1.31.1

Status
Not open for further replies.