• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mini-Mapping Contest #20: Poll

Which contestant should win the contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
hive-logo-small-remoosed-png.373032

mini-png.373705
mapping-png.373707

contest-png.373719
png.373678
2-png.373676
0-png.373680

minimapcontestbanner-png.421699

poll-png.373718

Contestants must create a Metroidvania map, which is a genre of action-adventure video games focused on guided non-linearity and utility-gated exploration and progression. A metroidvania video game is a subgenre of the action-adventure game platform that is mostly two-dimensional, where the player travels through a map to collect items and gain new abilities, both of which open up the world to further exploration.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
    A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
  • Participating in the poll does not explicitly safe one from being disqualified.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

other_prizes-png.311512

• 1st place: 750 experience points
  • 2nd place: 600 experience points
  • 3rd place: 450 experience points
  • Entry: 150 experience points
  • Judge: 25 experience points per entrant
The three winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.

other_judges-png.311510

• To be announced.
  • Alternate judging system will be applied if no judges are found.

other_entries-png.311509

Name(s)Entry

@WolfFarkas

Click

@ThompZon

Click

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Gameplay
Is the map an enjoyable experience? Are the spells creative and satisfying? Is there replayability? Does the map have unique and original ideas? Does the map conform to the theme?/55
ImmersionDo the terrain and music create a desirable atmosphere? Are the sound and art assets used well? How is the general execution?/35
TechnicalDoes the map run well performance-wise? Are there lots of bugs?/10
/100

• Judgement: 70%
  • Poll: 30%
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)​

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall begin on Jan 27, 2023 and conclude on Feb 10, 2023 GMT (day is included).

Assigned Staff: @Archian

Contest | Results

Level 29
Now that the poll is over, are we allowed to update out resources or do we need to wait until the results are out?
Dead even btw, not quite what I expected tbh.
I expected either to get smashed or smash, not dead even :p
I think it would be wise to no update yet, if the judge didnt downloaded the versions of the contest. Seems like the judge is not defined yet.

@Archian
poll ended,whats next?
any new info?

Do not worry @ThompZon if your map is not working on 1.35. I have both 1.31.1 (for yours) and 1.30.4 (to test @WolfFarkas' map).
It's also that I'd be fun to let people on newest patch only play my map (And that required some code adjustment).
I have done more than just make it playable on newest version too (mostly bug-fixes).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It's also that I'd be fun to let people on newest patch only play my map (And that required some code adjustment).
I have done more than just make it playable on newest version too (mostly bug-fixes).
Well, um, I see the map or at least the thread (if possible to prove) was updated on January the 6th and the contest ended in January the 20th?

Level 29
Do not worry @ThompZon if your map is not working on 1.35. I have both 1.31.1 (for yours) and 1.30.4 (to test @WolfFarkas' map).
I love ties.
Regarding Blablaba, and because blablablabla, so, btw
I had my map tested in the last version in december 2022 and in theory works, . Because I only used Simple cheap GUI triggers nothing crazy, map is very stable in any version, AFAIK.

Holy shield intermitent may broke but thats a probabilistic bug (and actually never happened on my version, unless pc lag and triggers overload in game, low pc, PC fault)
and regarding the nature of holy shield and the invulnerability stat,
wich is not related to the version, something I learned its true unstable nature after contest deadline.

Level 29
What's the status @deepstrasz @mafe

Can you guys judge this one? Or do we need a alternate judging system?
1676578384400.png

Okay after 15 hours of planification, this would be an alternative judging system
Archian dog would be able to pick food from two bowls, with our maps as label, the bowl the dog picks is the winning map. Also a choise made by a dog should offend no one.
XZ I know is off topic but couldnt resist to post it.

on topic Deepstrazs has a lot of judging experience (years), will be hard to find a better judge srl.

Status
Not open for further replies.