• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🎨Texturing Contest #32 - Final Form

Level 11
@Darkfang @Draktar @Vinz @Villagerino @Wildfire What's the status? :D

@Shido I will create a new TC #33 theme discussion thread ASAP :)

@PROXY thanks for wanting to help judging! Do we have another? We need at least two judges.

@TheZodiarch You need to post some WIP (work in progress) images in order to enter the contest. Like I stated in our other conversation. Are you able to do this?
yessss im posting them now

Yeah... so I was very stupid and didnt understand the whole WIP thing, soooo here is the first work in progress. This is one of my first drafts of how i imagined the primalist version of the keeper could look. I wanted more rock and vines to interract but something didnt quite work. So i moved away from this idea and onwards to a version more embraced by rocks and the raw earth

WIP 1.png

Here is my 2nd WIP. This is when I began taking inspiration from Therazane. Her elements of earth and the power of her color palette really spoke to me. This would have been my final version, but the amount of rocks were to much, so I decided to upgrade the versions by adding Therazanes crystals to really embody the energy of and it helped the "antlers" on the keeper. I am very happy with the end result, but I was really fighting with the notion of maybe working more vines into the final edit :p

As you may noticed, the one with the blue background is not the final version but the one before. The naked arms on him didnt really work ingame and I thought the complete power of the crystals embracing him would do more for the design :3

WIP 2 A.png
WIP 2.png
PrimalistKeeperoftheGroveV3BiggerSize.png

Level 32
To be honest, I have some question mark because I fear the fact we may end up a bit of off-theme here. Like the name said: "Final Form" may not be "Elite". Because you are supposed to be turning them into their strongest possible form of that type of units without changing their type.

For example: The Warbreaker is basically a glorified grunt with 100x more budget on pants but it's still a grunt and much better gear. That's basically a complete upgrade without changing the fact it is still a "grunt". At least no one should attempt to change their orc green into red. You would cross a different type by now.

Btw @PrinceYaser, are we ever get a Fel Warbreaker? :xxd:

I will think of this discussion later on further detail that maybe.... we should do a better job explaining the theme before making a contest.

Edit: As I think again about my comment, I think most of us did a good job on fantasize of making a superior version of that unit without changing their origin. But I be fearing the fact the contest description is a bit unreliable that it can lead to misleading.

Last edited:
Level 11
To be honest, I have some question mark because I fear the fact we may end up a bit of off-theme here. Like the name said: "Final Form" may not be "Elite". Because you are supposed to be turning them into their strongest possible form of that type of units without changing their type.

For example: The Warbreaker is basically a glorified grunt with 100x more budget on pants but it's still a grunt and much better gear. That's basically a complete upgrade without changing the fact it is still a "grunt". At least no one should attempt to change their orc green into red. You would cross a different type by now.

Btw @PrinceYaser, are we ever get a Fel Warbreaker? :xxd:

I will think of this discussion later on further detail that maybe.... we should do a better job explaining the theme before making a contest.

Edit: As I think again about my comment, I think most of us did a good job on fantasize of making a superior version of that unit without changing their origin. But I be fearing the fact the contest description is a bit unreliable that it can lead to misleading.
Hmm I hear what you are saying and it does make sense, but I would argue that a final form can also be a transition of the character, like something outside his power affected and transformed him. The tournament rules didn't specifically state that the theme was a refined or perfected version of the unit one would choose but more a final product of what they would ultimately become or appear as their most powerful version, which I still believe allows for more defined and varied versions instead of something that would potentially limit creativity.

But I do agree, that maybe, the theme comes across too vague or up for discussion. An 'Elite' version would be more understandable but i fear i just limits creativity.

Attachments

• w3.png
    w3.png
    338.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

@PROXY thanks for wanting to help judging! Do we have another? We need at least two judges.

@TheZodiarch You need to post some WIP (work in progress) images in order to enter the contest. Like I stated in our other conversation. Are you able to do this?

Almost done, I finished the legs and removed the clipping part on the cloak, as stated previously, just on the final details now, I want to add a belt and chains with knives on the legs and to polish the arm tattoos
1694015614372.png

1694015649386.png

Level 11

Wait, why was I included in the contest?
PepeWTF.png
It's not a basic Blizzard model, and, in addition, its texture is a re-wrap 😄 (Sorry for confusing, @Archian, just posted the gif to support a conversation.)

Last edited:
Level 32
For a second judge for the contest perhaps some of the other people who expressed interest in participating but were unable to join could judge instead.
Look like Frosty may back in the seat, although I would think Arowanna could be the judge too. Hell I don't mind the third judge here.

But if third judge was a thing, then the ratio must be 70/30.

@Archian get the poll up, sir.