1. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.31 PTR

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Apr 24, 2019.

1. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    couldn't you just have exported trigger and import into different map? sounds like 10 seconds work. not including map loading xd

2. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Those hotkeys no longer work once the command card is hidden. As far as I know there is no limit on how many frames/buttons you can create.

In my system I am going to completely custom code the inventory system to where I store the objects in code rather than letting the game handle it. However, you can expand the default inventory ability to have more than 6 slots (shift click), but getting it to reflect properly in the UI is a bit harder apparently. You can see @Retera has been trying to expand the default inventory. He made some good progress but there were some issues. I think the extra 3 slots were faked in the UI, or something.

reterainv.png

It doesn't necessarily require any modelling or texturing. You can use the files that come with the game as well as custom ones. I explained a bit more about how it's done with JASS/.fdf files in the previous post.

3. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Please give a native for "Unit - Set unit build style (race)", also please make metamorphosis duration follow the levels (on the same unit) or alternatively, give transformation abilities option to make them temporary (with timed life). Also, if possible, fix the native "Unit - Cancel unit timed life", it kills the unit.

EDIT: On the build style, never mind, you can change it by disabling and enabling the build abilities by rawID.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [Feedback] Request Features for JASS and the World Editor

5. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Huh, I didn't know about this thread. Thanks for the link.

Okay, that is great. Thanks a lot.

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    For anyone interested. Here is a demo map showing a more full implementation for location garbage collection.

It demonstrates a typical GUI unit slide trigger written by someone who does not know about leaks. Press Esc to see location metrics. In my case when the locations registered hit around 10,000 the aggressively set garbage collector runs and removes them. One can verify that the memory used by Warcraft III then after does not substantially increase thanks to continuous automatic removal of the locations.

Note that if you exit the game to the OS using the menu, eg Alt+F4, the map will cause a crash error. This does not appear to happen when exiting back to the main menu, only when exiting to the OS by quitting the game entirely.

Attached Files:

7. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there a document of .fdf files about basic types (e.g. "FRAME", "TEXT", "GLUEBUTTON"...) and fields (e.g. UseActiveContext, DecorateFileNames, Text...)?
    upload_2019-5-2_0-12-24.png
    Is there a way in scripts to aquire framehandle of an inner/local frame defined in .fdf?

8. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I don't know of any documentation. There may be some in the future.

If you want to acquire a child frame you can call
    BlzGetFrameByName
    right after you create the parent frame. It seems to always return the last one created, because there can be duplicates.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  9. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unlikely. Similarly to the old days, the idea is probably experimentation and discovery. An excellent motivation to write a new tutorial :p

(By the way, that glowing button in your screenshot reminds me of the campaign mission buttons)

10. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    With all the new features, extensive documentation would really be helpful.

11. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Judging from the fact something as complex as the Galaxy Editor never received thorough documentation, I doubt we can expect it for any of Warcraft III's features, especially at such a late point in time. As it seems it's simply not a priority. We'll just have to test things ourselves and hope a diligent fellow will kindly document them in WarCraft III Tutorials, as we've done for the past two decades.

12. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Documentation? Hah.
    I went over to MMO-Champ to see if there are any new icons from PTR, randomly looked at a couple threads and saw someone point out that even WoW patches don't get adequate patchnotes.
    If WoW doesn't get enough documentation, no way a Classic game will.

13. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Then again, with such enthusiastic community, I doubt anything will go unnoticed - that of course only applies to visible changes, but then again the community quickly noticed that Blizzard changed some minor thing and this then caused something and so forth. I think that its also in Blizzard's interest to keep track of even the minor thing they change - but then again, having it public, probably not.

A good example is the now increased tooltip description character limit - not mentioned in the patch notes, but alas it is instantly noted by the community.

14. LiSen冯

LiSen冯

Resources:
    Resources:
    It doesn't take,the new api(UI) can solve this problem.
    I want them to improve the lua functionality,Such as "loadstring" "math.atan2"

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  15. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's ROC/TFT version switch button. I copy and paste it.
    Thank you, TriggerHappy.

16. Fasolace

Fasolace

Resources:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    If you have 20+ maps and map-specific triggers mixed with campaign-scoped triggers, it's a very tedious process. Not mentioning every time you make minor changes.

17. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hmm, can't new folder-based exporting/importing handle object and trigger data too?

18. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's all well and good if you only have to do it once, but there could be numerous times triggers and scripts change over the course of developing a campaign, meaning a ton of extra work to update them in each map. I don't think it would be that hard to add a trigger editor to the campaign editor just like the object editor.

19. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I mean if you dump all campaign maps into same folder, so they all import same stuff, and that functionality can handle object/trigger data, it should be super easy, barely an inconvenience.

20. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I want a
    dialog
    display for a specific player, I have
    DialogDisplay(player ,dialog ,boolean)
    But for frames, I only have
    BlzFrameSetVisible(framehandle , boolean )
    To make my goal, can I use
    GetTriggerPlayer()
    in a frameevent?