1. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.31 PTR

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    They do for me, but I tested with quick "place a bunch of units in empty field and have them fight for my amusement" map. Maybe something breaks if the AI is forced to actually gather resources, build the base, pick units, and stuff like dat.

2. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    I should have mentionned it was melee games. I've edited my post. I'll keep testing though.

3. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    So I understood. I used melee AI (whole melee initialization, in fact), just not melee map.

4. eliasb

eliasb

Resources:
    Resources:
    Neveralice, indeed your implementation somehow ends up using real numbers instead of integers and causing loss due to FP precision. Please use this function for now. It will be built-in in the next patch:

Code (Text):

function FourCC(id)
     return string.unpack(">I4", id)
    end

5. Quantum_Menace

Quantum_Menace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does the garbage collector run on its own? It doesn't look like it does.

6. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Currently, in the PTR, there is no equivalent Getter for the Setter native
    BlzEnableCursor
    . One will have to make the Getter himself/herself.

BlzGetMouseFocusUnit
    returns the unit currently being highlighted by the cursor. This is independent of any trigger event.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As @Sieben AI heroes indeed do not use spells in melee games (attached replay).
    Also, a tome of strength remnant bug:
    tomeofstrengthProb.png
    Basically, the tome models aren't removed but they are shrunk.

EDIT: attached another one on Emerald Gardens without warpten and greedisgood (only whosyourdaddy and iseedeadpeople), this time with insane AI.
    EDIT2: did a LAN test too (attached). The same happens. Also tested on both x64 and x86.

I'd like a /timer command to see the elapsed game time.

What's this Bonjour crap so I can run LAN?

@Sieben I think it might be because the AI needs rehashing due to the newly changed and added spells/items.

Attached Files:

8. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    There has always been remnant tomes after they were picked up. Bribe even created a system to delete them: Item Cleanup 1.3
    It would be a good idea to remove that strange feature though, it's small but noticeable and it uses computer resources, even if it's not significant.

9. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    While i think that people should always create something like a cleanup setup for used tomes, i would not suggest removing this bug/feature. If you think about it, tomes and all other powerups indirectly create unclickable, unpickable items, that can still be get by triggers and moved around. Im not currently aware of anything that uses these properties, but removing this would, as far as i know the community abusing any oddities, break stuff in some maps.

10. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The only reason they added it was so that when someone in a competitive game acquired a tome and the enemy later revealed the fog where it was at, they would see the death animation and know that there had been a tome used.

Don't ask me how I remember this much detail. I used to be a huge fan of this game. Why else would I still be into it 18 years later (longer than some of you have been alive)?

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I doubt it'll break any maps, however they could at least make the tomes invisible after units taking them.
    That doesn't matter really since melee maps have balanced item drops.

12. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Sadly there are quite a few buggy models. Tomes not disappearing completely, or River Rushes being unshadowed, or some models (like Viny Plant) having death animation that actually doesn't do anything.

13. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Added Custom User Interface functions to allow map makers to add, remove, and adjust UI frames.

Can anyone please explain that? I mean, so no need for UTileI05 and UITile06 files?

14. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You can completely modify or replace the game's interface.

For example:

tooltip3.jpg

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How'd you do it? JASS, Lua or?

16. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yeah with the new JASS natives. You also have to work with FrameDef files (.fdf) to define the elements. The game uses these files internally so you can search the CASC/MPQ for .fdf files and see how various UI elements work in the game.

EDIT: I wrote the above screenshot with Lua, but you can use JASS as well.

17. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    OMG! Whaaatttt!!!! :goblin_jawdrop:
    How can we do that? Is there a simple palette or does it require some modeling and transparent textures and stuff like that? :p
    Thank you TriggerHappy :)

18. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Lua offers a lot of technical processing that JASS lacks, such as strings, data structures and trimming of visible code. However, like TH said, the natives are accessible in JASS.

Right now it seems you can't even use Lua in an existing map, you have to do it by creating a new map. But even then, you have to disable JassHelper in the new map and use //! beginusercode commands to differentiate the Lua script.

TriggerHappy made a new JassHelper mod that allows integration of Lua and vJass. I'll check it out at some point to see the pros and if there are any unresolved issues. Hopefully the final World Editor release allows existing maps to switch the trigger language with the same amount of ease.

19. Fasolace

Fasolace

Resources:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Any news about the Campaign Editor? Could they possibly have made it so multiple maps share some of the code so you don't have to copy paste the entire trigger library to every map?

That custom UI is insane. The possibilities...

20. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Sweet Lotus, that's doable already?! I've waited for 15 years for this! In Azkaban!
    Is amount of action buttons limited in any way? Do default hotkeys, like Attack still work even if they ain't visible?
    Do all those items count as equipped? How does that work with Inventory ability only allowing 6 items? How does that interact with "Item in inventory slot X" GUI variable?

Sorry for question barrage, I'm just so excited.