• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Patch 1.30.2 is LIVE

Welcome new and returning players! 1.30.2 is live on Battle.net. Most of the patch notes have been detailed before in the previous PTR posts, but everything is live is now compiled in one place. This patch as most of you know completely overhauls the hosting system. Bots are no more at the trade of everyone being able to host with ease without opening the infamous 6112 port. Players can also filter and search for games in the client now.

Also note that there are issues with custom game lobbies crashing. The developers have stated that they are aware of the issue and are working on a hotfix.
Hotfix is live! +more patch info

Blizzard Forums Patch Notes

hivearticlepatch1-29-01-png.292388

SPECIFIC CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS
  • Installation now supports verification of Reforged pre-purchase or legacy keys
  • Added a filter for lobby name
  • Added a filter for map name (prefix with @)
  • Maps will now be uploaded and downloaded from the cloud
  • All custom games from all gateways are now visible in the lobby browser
  • Port forwarding is no longer required to host your favorite map for custom games
  • Network traffic encrypted
  • Updated custom game listing to have all games (for filtering) but list still shows the first 100 games
  • Added region filter to custom game filter
  • Added auto refresh of game information if less than 100 games on list
  • Custom games that are full or cannot be joined are grayed out on games list (refresh to remove)
  • Added kick and ban to player menu
  • Limited color menu to selectable colors
  • For arranged forces, changing player color will change player slot in game list
  • Hosts have * next to their name
  • Latency is shown on the right side of player list
  • Improved peer-to-peer map transfer to increase download speed
  • Game lobby is hosted in the cloud in closest supported data center to host
  • Host leaving will not end game

Host:
  • !ban [name|slot]
  • !unban [name|slot]
  • !closeall
  • !openall
  • !hold [name]
  • !holds [name] [slot]
  • !swap [x] [y]
  • !abort
  • !kick [name|slot]
Player:
  • !mute [name|slot]
  • !unmute [name|slot]

Bugs:
  • Desyncs with certain custom maps resolved
  • Observer API outputting accurate information
  • Custom sound files with meta data play again
  • Breath of Fire translated in Italian
  • JASS Mouse Event IDs reverted to pre-1.30.0 order
Known Issues:
  • A host leaving a LAN game sometimes removes other players
  • Custom Hero Survival has a desync with random ability related to legacy code
  • !ban command is not functioning when typed but does function from the drop down menu
  • Instantly joining a custom game after it is created will cause errors and prevent the game from being listed for a period of time
  • If the host leaves a LAN game all remaining players will instantly be taken to the score screen
  • Leaving and rejoining a lobby with full observers can cause a crash if at least one player is on a Mac
  • Players may become desynchronized when a custom game starts using The Third War Reborn

hivearticlepatch1-29-02-png.292389

Hero Balance Changes
Archmage

Brilliance Aura

• Level 3 mana regeneration increased from 1.75 to 2.00 per second
Blood Mage
Flamestrike

• Reduced casting delay from 1.33 to .9 on all levels
Keeper of the Grove
Force of Nature

• Treant damage reduced from 16 to 15
Entangling Roots

• Level 2: Duration reduced from 5 to 4 seconds
  • Level 3: Duration reduced from 7 to 6 seconds
Warden
Base Stats

• +1 Intelligence
Pit Lord
Base Stats

• +1 Agility
Orc Balance Changes
Tauren Totem

Base Stats

• HP reduced from 1200 to 900
Human Balance Changes
Priest

Base Stats

• Mana regeneration increased from .67 to .72
Spell Breaker
Tech Tree

• Control Magic now requires Keep instead of Castle
Control Magic

• Control Magic mana requirement reduced from 45% of enemy HP to 35% of enemy HP
Cannon Tower
Base Stats

• Build time reduced from 75 to 65
  • Gold cost reduced from 200 to 150
Night Elf Balance Changes
Huntress

Base Stats

• Decreased base damage from 16 to 15 (17-19 to 16-18)
Sentinel

• Is an upgrade again. 100/100 cost, 20 second research, on Ancient of War, requires Hunters Hall, no longer requires Tree of Ages
  • Duration increased from 3 minutes to 5 minutes
Druid of the Talon
Base Stats

• Gold cost reduced from 150 to 145
Glaive Thrower
Base Stats

• Base damage decreased from 50 to 44
Undead Balance Changes
Acolyte

Base Stats

• Movement speed reduced from 250 to 235
Items
Wand of Lightning Shield

• Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds
  • This reduces total damage from 400 to 200

Last edited:
Level 4
We are aware of crashes when viewing the custom games list and will be hotfixing soon.
The patch seems good. Thanks!

Any plans for adding some sort of statistics system for players for custom maps. Even just something simple like player A has X amount of this custom map played will go a long way. It helps with knowing who is experienced and who is new so we can balance the matches accordingly, making it closer and more fun. Also it helps with flexing :D

Level 5
Better Bnet experience this time.
However, some annoying bugs here:

upload_2018-11-30_22-5-41.png

upload_2018-11-30_22-7-34.png

After so many patches, fix this small bug, please.

upload_2018-11-30_22-9-48.png

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Level 23
Just out of curiosity, is there any information on if there will be future server locations added? I ask because it seems there is no servers located in the Oceania region, which means if my friend, who lives in the same city as me, hosts a game for just he and I, we will get the same ping as if we were joining a server in Europe... :/
I do not expect Blizzard to create server locations everywhere around the world, but wouldn't there be enough numbers in regions to justify at least 1 server in that place of the world? All AUS/NZ/South East Asia players will not be able to play online anymore. Our community does not even have any other games to turn to, we only play Warcraft 3.

Edit: A picture is worth a thousand words. This is when I join a game being hosted on the server closest to my location. I am the one with 542 ms.

upload_2018-12-1_15-50-53.png

Last edited:
Level 6
Instead of whining be happy that they're actually actively listening to us and are seeing into those things.
I'm aware we'll need to wait for things to run smoothly, but it will take time and can only happen if reported correctly.

This is like the 3rd patch I've reported (like many others) about the mouse lag.

And about the rest of stuff, crashes and so on, could you please enlighten me of how do you release such a thing with so little test (again!)?

I want to be constructive and I will, but this unprofessionalism is deeply demotivating.

Level 6
The game crashes immediatly when I try to open it no matter if I use administration mode or not. I played the game yesterday and it worked without any problems. I have not patched to 1.30.2 that rolled out today because I haven't been able to open the game. I have tried restarting my computer, reinstalled the game and I tried to open it with administration mode. I was able to open the PTR client that was on patch 1.29 without any problems. Nothing even happens when I try to open the World Editor now when I have reinstalled the game..
I saw another guy on the Blizzard forums had the same problem and I also made a ticket. But I thought I could adress it here aswell.

Level 11
Still no updates to world editor? Function highlights, lists? :( I guess multiplayer stuff was the most important for now, but here I am still hoping for WE updates

Level 7
NEW BUGS:

- MAJOR BUG: Games finish and go instantly to score screens (I have not been able to work out exactly which triggers cause this but it is during certain triggers this happens on my map, I will try and test more.) This is a big bug, please can this be looked at urgently! I can provide the map this happens on if needed.

- Players can get auto kicked from the lobby with no message to other players in the lobby explaining why, they did not appear to have bad pings.

- One american player in our game reported high pings and lag when playing on an EU hosted game, he did not have these issues when playing accross realm back when we could use bots.

- Players can crash when viewing maps on the open custom games list. (acknowledged by Kam)

OLD EXISTING BUGS NOT FIXED:

- Players are still required to restart their WC3 client after every game or else risk crashes during loading screen and desyncs during game start.

FIXED BUGS:

- Sound issues appear much better now. (Thankyou)

SUGGESTIONS:

- In the custom games list please replace the old useless information displayed to something which actually informs players about the map. Remove the tileset, map size, suggested players field and replace with the map description so people can read about the map before they join.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

The sounds work better now? Strange that they didn't post this on the update log

Hello @Kam , i entered bnet europe realm last night. I saw my ping in custom game lobby (eu), it was 60 ms.
When community bots were up my ping was 32 ms on eu. But i will not argue about this, its ok ,as i unerstood we will have blizz bots in future ?

My question is : Is there a command to check my ping INGAME towards custom host or maybe blizz bots in some future (cause ingame its raising up for sure) ?

Level 3
STILL can't go past the small blank window that is supposed to offer me the chance to login to verify the pre-purchase....any help?

Level 10
Well, it looks like i'm lucky and in the "works on my machine"-club, since i neither had problems with the sound engine in the latest patches and actually never had problems with mouse delays or ping (good to live in europe with good connections to the servers i guess?).

Came just here to say that i didn't encountered any, for me, gamebreakring problems, except for some desynchs, which looks like it is already known, and some weirdness with the lobby selection. Sometimes i need to explicitely search for a game name to join it and cannot pick it from the game list, telling me that i need to select a lobby first. I think i will need to go deeper in this rabbidhole and put some tests of my map.

And man, people on reddit downvoted me into oblivion stating that i don't mind having the patch delayed so the devs got time to fix occuring issues...

Will conduct some tests within the next weeks and come up with more thoughout feedback.

Level 18
  • Maps with only 1 force/team can't be started
  • In lobbies with many player slots, the scrollbar can't be clicked/dragged in places where the new ping text overlaps with it

Level 5
I must say, I think the new layout and look of the Blizzard forums is horrible. Why would they change the traditional logic of having pages (as all forums do by definition lol) for that foul endless scroll-down list???!
Is this for mobile phones? But we are PC gamers lol, we use a computer-based browser to participate in the forums. :/

Lets start a forum game: Guess the host!

View attachment 310888

Thanks to @kantarion for providing me this epic screenshot!

Srsly man this is second time(first on blizz forums..) you threat my privacy. Any Hive or Malaysian hacker can destroy my pc now. My antivirus is not working and i didnt activate windows nor i dont know how to do it.

Anyway,its nice i see games are from eu,player counts, starting games go fading color.,refresh is better,and conencting to bnet is faster. But still ping is an issue for many people, i can handle 60 ms...

HB.

HB.

Level 3
People say that searchtimes increased from 2-3 to +20 minutes after the patch and there is no word of comment regarding that issue from the Classic Team, which is a bit disturbing.

This was the most important improvement of the last 10 years or something and now it's in danger.

Last edited:
Level 25
Srsly man this is second time(first on blizz forums..) you threat my privacy. Any Hive or Malaysian hacker can destroy my pc now. My antivirus is not working and i didnt activate windows nor i dont know how to do it.
You can't hack someone's computer just because you know their Battle.net and Hiveworkshop account.
Nor does activating Windows make it any more safe, it's just a register, it's not going to make the computer more resistant to hacking.
For your anti virus, I suggest you uninstall your current one and just use Windows Defender, which should be installed by default.

If you're really concerned about people knowing your game identity, maybe you shouldn't have used the same account name for Hive and Bnet.

~El

Level 17
yet another update, yet another major fuck-up from blizzard

the new hosting system is fine, or, at least, it was fine yesterday when i was playing (sorta? joining was a bit finicky but it worked 85% of the time)

today, as of right now, 90% of the lobbies are plain unjoinable for no good reason

so much for "hosting for everyone!!!"

just take a look at this screenshot. nuff said
upload_2018-12-2_1-50-36.png

and yeah no before any blizzard apologists chime in to yell "OH NO BUT IT WORKS FOR ME", piss off
clearly it doesn't work for everyone like it's supposed to, and i can maybe join 1 lobby in 15 if im lucky

oh and also the pings are still super-shit a lot of the times. 600 ms from eu to us west, 400 ms to us east? that's bullshit, it shouldn't be like that, i only have 300 ms tops to us west, 150 to east

did you guys even fix what i was talking about 2 months back when the first ptr landed? cus it doesn't look like it

honestly you should've at least kept the option to host with the old system, at least it worked 100% reliably when you had open ports :s

Status
Not open for further replies.