1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Big Fellowship Quest V.4.5c

Submitted by emil23
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I'm looking for new user whos interested into developing this map.

Presentation

Select your hero and being your journey thought middle earth!! This map contains all events from three Lord of The Rings movies.Heroes which are available: Frodo,Sam,Merry,Pipin,Boromir,Gandalf,Aragorn,Legolas,Gimli, Boromir.
This map requires the use of teamwork. Do not be negative and work with other players to complete the map. This includes communication, and sharing items and gold with other players.
When picking skills it is recommended to pick the upgrade of your heal or self-heal ability when it becomes available which is normally at the 3rd and 5th levels of a character. If you choose an AoE ability, do NOT use it constantly. It will drain your mana and you will not have enough for your healing ability.

In-Depth

Sauron created the One Ring to control all countries of Middle Earth. But Isildur cut the ring from Saurons hand and took it for him self. The One Ring poisoned his spirit. Later he did get killed by orc troops and the ring was lost. Smeagol found it and he also took it for him self. His spirit has been corrupted, then he lost it to Bilbo who bequeathed it to Frodo. Frodo went to Rivendell, an elf city and the Middle-earth council decided to form the Fellowship of the Ring. Now the story goes on...

Everyone gets one revive per charakter so don't die two times else you are dead forever! Gameplay is simple, pick heal and other skills, heal yourself, team work with others.Kill monsters, orcs, be aware of bosses they have powerfull spells. The map also contains custom scenes and alternative story line of saving boromir at amon hen, LOTR voices,sounds,cutscenes and a lot of exclusive models.Sometimes in game you have to wait for others, its made like that because story has to be correct.Hobbits aren't weak so Don,t be afraid to play as them.

Additional informations

This map also has it's own Discord server all are welcome to join --------------------> Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers <-------- Remember that it's not only cteator who makes map but all people who help him at testing, report Bugs or suggest ideas at this server you can do it.This is also the only one fellowship map which is being updated in 2019

Credit list

• Jhotam
  • HerrDave
  • konvan5
  • frozenknight
  • Nixsam
  • J-Woods,
  • DaveDave91
  • Ket
  • olofmoleman
  • Fingolfin
  • TheFrenchLeprechaun
  • Sellenisko
  • Strydhaizer
  • dhguardianes
  • LoDown
  • Mr.Goblin
  • Palaslayer
  • -Berz-
  • Raging Ent
  • Mumbis
  • PeeKay
  • Dalharukn
  • The Panda
  • ~Nightmare
  • PerditionsEdge
  • Buster
  • Random-Player
  • iristle
  • DarkChaplain
  • Zin-Creator
  • Borric
  • -=Emergenzy=-
  • JetFangInferno
  • Callahan
  • Tranquil
  • sunwarrior25
  • sPy
  • InfernalTater
  • Hermit
  • Movie music by composer Howard Shore
  • Sound effect and some models by Electronic Arts

Changelog 4.3c --> 4.5c

New features:
-new ulti for eowyn
-game rework for frodo and sam:maze, death marshes and black gate for them changed.You have to now doodge many things. For example avoid ghosts
-new ending of game i wont spoil you :D you have to win game to see urself. also tell me what do u think about it, and let me know if i should change it to more serious thing
-changed writting fo alternative story cut scene after boromir is saved
-new kind of wargs at start which can bash
-one destroyable rock in moria has small chance to drop symbol, and the other two books of +1 stats
Bug fixs:

-now all enemy units at the end die
-fixed gandalf's wall of fire desciprtion it was saying wrong numbers of dmg.
-changed water at isengard its ugly aswell but now at least u can see sarumans flamestrike
-full map no longer can be seen at few cut scenes. for few it still can be seen
-fixed bug where u couldnot kill witchking if eowyn and merry died vs him. now witchking will teleport to black gate if eowyn and merry die vs him
-fixed icons, non pasive abbilites doesnt have passive icons anymore
-anduril is no longer pickable (it was bug)
-raised bridge at rivendel
-bill cannot die at cut scenes anymore
-fellowship members wont die anymore at start of barlog cut scene
-heroes no longer can escape meanwhile cut scenes at amon hen, gandalf meeting and gandalf coming to helms deep
-boromirs horn description fixed
-gave orc archer at minas tirith smaller colission so they might not block mordor units
-game will now message correctly, it will say that sam is using ring after frodo dies
-trolls poop no longer can block mountain trolls.

Gameplay change:
-rocks at Caradhras no longer can be destroyed
-no alternative story to save boromir if easy mode life is picked
-barlog cant be kited anymore
-added check point for frodo sam before death marshes, and for fellowship after saruman fight and also check points in moria give now HP
-boromirs ulti dmg improved from 260 to 380
-goblins which surround fellowship after balin tomb no longer gives gold after killing
-made conditions of defeat so now its gg if both frodo and sam dies. and if all 3 gimli legolas aragorn die. and also its gg if gandalf the gray dies before barlog is killed.
-buffed gondor soldiers at minas tirith
-no more holes at osghilait u cant hide at east coast
-faramirs hp nerf

Minor changes
-changed colour of some texts
-made square dirt area at pelenor fields to inform people what area they can reach before they get teleported
-some other very minor changed can be excepted i didnt note everything

I'm looking for new user whos interested into developing this map.
Contents

The Big Fellowship Quest V.4.5c (Map)

Reviews
Daffa the Mage
Too long as Awaiting Update. Substandard until the author updates and requested another review.
deepstrasz
Please credit everything in the map thread description, sounds, music etc. from where they were taken from. [spoiler] Good ideas which need polishing. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R...
  1. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. Do you have permission to upload this map from the author?
    2. Please make proper map description, refer to Map Submission Rules for details.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    From what I'm seeing, the authors are: BellaGermania & Darkness47 and your username and Battle.net account are totally different.

3. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I will investigate the authorship issue. While on that, you might want to deal with these points of the submissions first, as even if I can proof the authorship, your map still haven't pass these rules :
    Map Submission Rules

4. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Too long as Awaiting Update. Substandard until the author updates and requested another review.

5. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just ask at Staff Contact or a map reviewer.

Edit :
    Since you have updated, I'll reset this to Pending.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  6. Petrovic

Petrovic

Resources:
    Resources:
    To be perfectly honest, i hate the models used for characters. On this site are models from War of the ring games (by HerrDave) that would fit much better in my opinion, these simply look so much out of place, especially since some characters have movie models and others don't. That may be just my bias since i like the wc3 feel, and have fond memories of playing this map with friends when aragorn was a reskin of arthas, but its just ugly in my opinion.

Aragorn (WotR)
    (for example)

That's just my main gripe with the map, otherwise it not bad, fun at times and kinda hard in some places, abilities could use some work also, and grammar needs fixing.

Also, lags a lot due to the number of units, but this is probably due to me playing on a laptop from 2012. (If no one else is getting lag issues disregard this.)

7. emil23

emil23

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Wow you are frist guy who says such things xd. No one ever minded models.Are you sure about your opinion? i think custom maps shouldnt remind much of normal wc3 map. I didnt like arthas aragorn which was in 3.5f he even had arthas sword frost.I alreday tested and models from this webside dont suit well game.Its because most of style of models is not warcraft 3 style. Most of lotr models for this map is made in wc3 style.So in games it comes out that they are more fat and have too big heads/ sword/arms than rest of characters. I dont like aragorn you posted because he doesnt remind me movie aragorn at all and i think if i add him to game then his details will be too big like his sword will be same as hobbits body size.Which untis dont have movie models? i thought all does xd. Also remember that there arent many lotr models. For example gimli doesnt have model on the hive workshop he has just his skin oh and also herrdave made gimli recently but it doesnt remind gimli from movie at all.Also keep in mind that aragorn has second model, his bow form.I think both models of aragorn wearing sword and bow should be same else it would be ugly.

I am still working on map but slowly.New version is relased every 45 days.You should put any abbilites idea there or on my discord.Will be hard for me to fix grammar since english isnt my native languange.So it would be nice to get help from someone whos perfect at english or is native speaker.I think new ver will be rework of frodo and sam game.I also plan to make there a system of mini games, like canned bread or uther party.I wanna bring there something else than just killing orcs and healing yourself.I have been thinking to rework dead marshes and make it so hobbits have to avoid ghosts which are pattroling way

Where do you get lags? I suposse major battles like helms deep, isengard, osghiliat? It might be kinda hard to fix i could make a bit smaller amount of enemy units and buff them to balance it out. But enemies cant be too stronk else i have to buff heroes and it will lead to rebalance of whole game.And also i noticed i have light lags at major battles like i just mentioned

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please credit everything in the map thread description, sounds, music etc. from where they were taken from.

1. Frodo's Sting Stab has a passive looking icon. You can make it look active with this: Button Manager v1.8.2 Same with Merry's Eat Bacon and other spells.
    2. Spell icon positioning isn't like in the learn menu. Merry's Elven Knives goes right after Eat Bacon instead of on the spot after that. Frodo's Evasion is passive and has an active icon.
    3. Some abilities don't have a proper description in the learn menu (no values etc.). Sting Stab doesn't mention any values even after learning it. Learn about descriptions:
      Tooltip Tutorial
      Creating Good Descriptions
    4. Boromir's Wrath has the Berserker buff. You should edit it adequately.
    5. Mostly Warcraft III spells.
    6. Gandalf's Staff says you can click on it but nothing happens.
    7. Gandalf's Extra Heal has no description.
    8. Pathing blockers are required in many places as the heroes can get through doodads and trees. Check for pathing pressing P or selecting it in the menu bar's View tab.
    9. Bridges should be properly placed raising/lowering them with CTRL+PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN.
    10. Some parts of the map look unnatural, cluttered like a maze. Also, linearity.
    11. Could have made a minor blizzard to hurt the players when reaching the avalanche. Actually, never mind, afterwards there is plenty of pain.
    12. The goblin traps give Unholy Aura buffs on the player heroes.
    13. Visibility in the mines is eye damaging.
    14. Units selected during cinematic mode.
    15. You could add hero glow to heroes if you want: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
    16. Maybe less Warcraft III items.
    17. Are you supposed to see Gandalf the White and Theoden on the map if they are inactive? Merry and Pippin remain paused along with some orcs. The starting zone should be under fog of war too.
    18. Smeagol's description is that of the Ghoul, even the icon.
    19. Faramir says follow his men but he stays there with the men and suddenly appears somewhere else when you get farther.
    20. The problem with the game is that it renders some players temporarily inactive. Shouldn't someone play with Faramir?
    21. During the Faramir fight with the orcs, the enemy appears out of thin air and might suddenly surround you.
    22. What after max level?
    23. Melee heroes like Frodo can attack the flying Nazgul.
    24. Suddenly, the Witch King killed Faramir.
    25. Reaching Eomer, the whole map was discovered for a while instead of a cinematic scene or transmission. Same with Gandalf the White.
    26. There's a neutral Gandalf the White too where Merry and Pippin are.
    27. When Merry and Pippin come close to the neutral Gandalf the White, nothing happens. Same with Treebeard. Same with meeting Theoden.
    28. Some enemies will remain on the way to Helm's Deep instead of getting inside.
    29. Much of the fortress is floating in the air because of improperly being placed on the terrain.
    30. Transitions are brutal. You many times don't know when an event ends and another starts. Maybe because I played it solo?
    31. Theoden can get past the rocks invulnerable and meet the other Theoden shouting at the riders.
    32. Mumakill have a small selection circle.
    33. Reaching the Mouth of Sauron, the allied army is one on top of the other.
    34. The Water of Isengard should have the Locust ability so you would not be able to select it.

Good ideas which need polishing.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

9. emil23

emil23

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How do i credit music if its from movie?

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Simply writing that the music is from which movie/game and composed by whom. It's not necessary to write each song name. If you can find the company name too, (like here The Lord of the Rings (film series) - Wikipedia), then please write that too for more decency.

11. emil23

emil23

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What do u excatly mean visiblity in Mines is Eye dagming ? Does Ur Eye hurt lol ? Or u mean u cant see much and that's it. I asked people they dont say that their eyes hurts

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's so dark and sometimes you get to see some light that it annoys the retina.

13. EggPooPoo

EggPooPoo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ho ly CRAP, this is COOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Awesome man. 10/10

14. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Played this map earlier this evening with some friends. We kept losing right at the start. I think the only way to win is to have Sam keep feeding the horse for that 45 AOE mana boost ha-ha.

15. emil23

emil23

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why did you leave discord i think i remember you from my discord. I dont understant behaviour like this. I understant map is repetitive but people stay in community for a while then leave. Instead of supporting developer mentaly and giving ideas suggestions helping at beta test. So i can think that its worth to keep editing this. I met many people who were with me at start of editing this map and they say that they enjoy my currently version. Well it means they except better map. But perfect map isnt made insta it needs time too.

Anyway i returning to your question people wanted mana regen so i wanted some creative way than brillance aura. If bill dies u can still go futher but u have to wait for mana regen manualy. And sam doesnt really lose much or anything for keeping pony alive. First of he starts with 25 more gold and gets lembas reward if he keeps pony alive. Lembas is worth 60 gold so sam gets 60 gold lembas worth + starts with 25 gold more . Sam

16. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am 100% sure I have not joined your discord before. I doubt leaving has anything to do with the map being repetitive. Since everyone has the power to make a discord channel, I suspect people join too many, and then have too much information feed, and as a result leave many of them when they realize they don't want so much information. Discord almost functions as a social media nowadays--- too much of it will drive people crazy.

17. emil23

emil23

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well i think it was someone with same avatar i memorize ur avatar and i saw u at mws discord

18. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Me joining the MWS discord was for the sole purpose to harass Bizarrofukuro (MWS creator) to help me with a JASS conversion question. I would never join a discord for a map just for the map :p.

19. babavoi

babavoi

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi I'm looking for model of the Lord of the Rings and I can't find what you had to use for heroes. would it be possible to have them?