• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Lord of the Rings fellowship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hey guys, I know there is a lot of LOTR: Fellowship maps out there, but I want to make my own, as I think it is a good kind of map to start with.

If you don't know what the LOTR fellowship maps are read here, else skip this section:
LOTR: Fellowship maps are basically, that each player starts with a hero from the fellowship, and then play the story of LOTR in a very linear fashion. Along the quest, some events occur in accordance to the movies.
It is all about letting frodo reach mount doom to destroy the ring.

What I would like to know is: What would you guys like to see in a new fellowship map. What was wrong with the older ones, and what was right, or do you have some brilliant idea that you would like to see in a map like this? :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Some sort of of continual progress system that is carried between each session. An example would be hero level or maybe some other kind of level. This would mean that after you won the map you would be stronger the next time you start from the beginning (which would allow you to play a higher difficulty level).

Another thing is the ability to skip progress, kind of like Diablo III acts. It gets boring repeating the start dozens of times but never seeing the end.

Level 13
I'll see if I can implement something like that. The difficulty system should not be too hard, and starting at a certain place because you have saved your character sounds nice. I just have no idea how to do a save/load system, but I am sure it's possible :)

Level 5
How about you play on Sauron's side and you have to stop the fellowship and Frodo from reaching Mount Doom. Kinda like Dungeon Keeper.

Maybe you could play Saruman, the Nazgul, an Uruk-hai Hero, etc. (maybe even Gollum! lol)

Level 13
How about you play on Sauron's side and you have to stop the fellowship and Frodo from reaching Mount Doom. Kinda like Dungeon Keeper.

Maybe you could play Saruman, the Nazgul, an Uruk-hai Hero, etc. (maybe even Gollum! lol)

That sounds interesting, but not really what I am going for with this map.
Great idea for a map though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.