• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lotr- the new fellowship of the ring RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi
I just finished my new map. It's a LOTR based RPG.
Sounds boring but I realy like it and I think I havn't bounded it to much to the LOTR storry.

I would be realy glad if some of you would play this map and tell me how you liked it :)

It's a multiplayer RPG but you can also play it in single player ( even though it might be diffficult ;) )-

I wish you all a lot of fun with it.

Here are some screenshots ( jeust for fun :p )

56816.jpg

50820.jpg

1224.jpg

56406.jpg

23873.jpg

81309.jpg

25680.jpg

Here is the download : Lotr- the new fellowship of the ring

Level 6
Ok, I'll give you some criticism.

1. The terrain is pretty bad. Well not really bad, I guess, its more of... boring terrain. Rarely does the terrain seem to have different ups and downs. Make the terrain more interesting. Not all grounds are the same level!

2. Doodads problems. If you want to make it look more realistic, then you will have to change the sizes of doodads. Warcraft, by default, have very unrealistic small looking trees and buildings. Well increase their size! If the view is sort of a side view, unless its a small tree, you shouldn't be able to see the tops of the trees. And add more props like flowers and rocks to make the setting more realistic.

3. This is just a personal thing, but it will help you improve the looks of the terrain. Change your cliifs. How? Heres how: Use the raise feature, not raise cliff, but the one that will make your terrain rise. Using that feature, raise the terrain as high as it will go. Then change the side tiles, the sides where its raised to some sort of a natural rock tile. Then place Pathing Blockers at the top and the bottom of the cliffs to prevent player from climbing them.

4. Add some sort of weather feature. Such as fog, rain, whatever. Again, this will help the map look more "professional".

5. Final thing. Balance the size of the units. Its unlikely that Balrog is as big as gandalf. If they are bigger, well make them bigger. Again, keep the map as accurate as possible.

By this time, you might think I'm a total ass. Or you might think hey these are good ideas. I'm not trying to be an ass here, and if you are offended, sorry. But I think this map has the potential to be really quite good. There are so many maps out there that are really bad, and this one doesnt need to be one as well. If I didn't like the map in the first place, then I wouldn't even be posting this. I hope this helps you out. Good luck, and hope to see a better version soon.
-Blue

Level 2
Thanks.
I don't think you are an ass. I am realy glad that you write this here. most people play a map and if they don't like it they just throw it away without suggesting anything to improve. that's realy great of you. thanks again.
I'll look over that. 1.3 will take some time because I don't want to be hasty with correcting. But It will come for sure
In addition place I want to apologize for the small space there is to walk. This map was originaly designed for 2-4 Players. I will make it more suitable for 6 players in 1.3

Level 6
Hmmm. Does this game end at the end of the first book/movie? Because that could get little wierd. If you are worried about the map not being big enough, download the warcraft editor unlimited. It generates something like 450x450 map to make it bigger. I think it'd be better to have the whole RPG in one map. Also You might think of a new scenario. Like say that the ring never completely melted somehow because of the volcanic eruption after the ring was put in. ABout 20% of the ring was left. But if Sauron gets this, he will be able to regain some power, and gradually become stronger. Your quest is to find and destroy the remainder of the ring. (Have some characters in such as older frodo and stuff, but make new characters.) I dunno I always wanted to see how a sequel the the third book would be. Just an idea. Good luck
-Blue

Level 2
@abc Thanks :D glad you like it
@ Blue dragon Well I can do this as soon as I have finished some work for school and after I went top wales with my theater group. I suppose it will take 2-3 Weeks before I can start realy working on it again. but I will for sure think about this storry thing. thanks,thanks, thanks you are great:)

@all just because I'm courios with who did you play and what did you skill? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.