• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #17 - Swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I had same problem with drakes morph dragon roots
also game crash if you ever want to touch the burrow system.

1- thats why I told you about the buildings
2- there is a way to have research in units with skills
cast spelll ----> set tech to level 1-2-3. remove skill add skill
- turn on player builds --- remove skill add skill, the problem is, thats a permutation, I dont dare to do it. to many triggers.

Well, I see. About the burrow thing, that isn't something I worry about, I want to make the burrowed unit always visible (If not it would be OP us fuck), so I am just using a modified Stone Form from the gargoyle, seems to be working. About the thing of upgrade units... I am not sure if i got the idea. What about putting a lot of permanent and payable (both options into the original spell) boar forms? The only trouble there would be the units that evolve into more than one unit, what makes me think... How many spells of completely morphing are available? With 3 or 4 that don't bug easily I would be fine

Level 9
WIP 1. All resources extraction systems. For lumber, the Corrupters turn a zone around theme into a sort of summoned half building trees (corrupted tree), that every 2 seconds damages itself by 1 and give 1 lumber to you (oh, and they also give you 5 food while alive, probably the best way to get food). For gold, you can choose between channeling for 30 seconds with your overlord to get 350 gold, or to burrow some scarabs (they will be visible for anyone, and pretty vulnerable) near to the goldmine, where they can extract 10 gold every 2 seconds for each.

Also, i got a big trouble in the middle. The gold system works, but not the method that allows you to get the scarabs (and most of your units). I am using the Bear Form spell to turn some units (amalgamations) into eggs (sort of zerg based stuff), that can be upgraded as towers (they count as a structure, i guess). The trouble is simple, the game crushes (without error banner) while morphing. I tried adding a dependency equivalent to both, but then it just crushes when selecting the unit. I tried changing the order, but still. Does anyone know if its possible to morph into a structure? If so, what could be the trouble? If it isn't, i guess i will change the method you morph into the egg.

Also, @WolfFarkas i guess i have to get some clasified buildings g¿for the evolving stuff, but they will have a temporary and out of board use, so hope to not be disssapointing you there...

Edit: I made some tries, apparently h¿the crushing only appears if the building has upgrade options, even more problematic stuff...

You know, while I was thinking about a similar thing, I thought about using the phoenix mechanic to act like an egg -> unit system. I don't know how it would work but I hope it helps somehow.

Level 29
Well, I see. About the burrow thing, that isn't something I worry about, I want to make the burrowed unit always visible (If not it would be OP us fuck), so I am just using a modified Stone Form from the gargoyle, seems to be working. About the thing of upgrade units... I am not sure if i got the idea. What about putting a lot of permanent and payable (both options into the original spell) boar forms? The only trouble there would be the units that evolve into more than one unit, what makes me think... How many spells of completely morphing are available? With 3 or 4 that don't bug easily I would be fine

I was talking of orc burrows (didnt consider undead skill)

You know, while I was thinking about a similar thing, I thought about using the phoenix mechanic to act like an egg -> unit system. I don't know how it would work but I hope it helps somehow.

you shouldnt have the same spell chain, copied many times in the same unit.
the cooldowns can be linked (something I saw in the past), to the game is like have 4 bottons to the same 1 skill.

Level 11
Well, apparently it goes far more problematic than just the spell strign. Apparently, a unit can't be bear formed into another one with another version of bear form spell (e.g. druid into bear into, idk, another bigger boar from the same spell). Now the thing is that it isn't even possible (at least for me, the game just crushes) to do with a nother morphing spell, like the Raven form (e.g. druid into bear into storm crow). Idk if that happens with all the morphing spells (like the weird unit of the undead, the stone form, the spell of NE buildings, etc.) but this can be very problematic, and still not sure where does it come from.

Level 29
Well, maybe that into an spell that kills your unit... Not a bad idea, i will think about it.

there is a trigger function that allows you to replace the unit with same % of mana and health

Ah, that's unfortunate

for a set of spells of coldown = 0, you wouldnt notice, so for such cases, is good.

Last edited:
Level 11
for a set of spells of coldown = 0, you wouldnt notice, so for such cases, is good.
Well, in my experience, it doesn't only keep the cooldown of all 4 together, n¿but also chatically assignates one of them to allways cast, doesn't matter wich one you are actually casting.

there is a trigger function that allows you to replace the unit with same % of mana and health
Yeah, but first i just want to be sure there isn't a way that also allows you to see the cost of the new unit, just for stetical stuff... I already tried the Stone form, and didn't worked either. If anyone can give some ideas of permanent morphing spells, it would be pretty useful for me.

Edit: Following the direct transmission, Destroyer Form buggs too. Now I'm gonna try with the spell of the NE buildings.
Edit 2: Apparently, that spell doesn't even work like I thought it did...

Last edited:
Level 29
Well, in my experience, it doesn't only keep the cooldown of all 4 together, n¿but also chatically assignates one of them to allways cast, doesn't matter wich one you are actually casting.

Yeah, but first i just want to be sure there isn't a way that also allows you to see the cost of the new unit, just for stetical stuff... I already tried the Stone form, and didn't worked either. If anyone can give some ideas of permanent morphing spells, it would be pretty useful for me.

Edit: Following the direct transmission, Destroyer Form buggs too. Now I'm gonna try with the spell of the NE buildings.
Edit 2: Apparently, that spell doesn't even work like I thought it did...

not shure if this can help you, if you take holy shield and put duration 0
it literally becomes permanent. I tested it.
I wonder if you take those morphing spells and put duration 0, should work that way too.

Level 14
Just finished a (very) rough outline of the for my race and made some units. Gonna try to finish the units before the end of the week before moving on to the buildings. After that, I'll give it a couple test runs and try to remove/merge any redundant abilities and revise the units to make them more unique.

Ratfolk – Swarm of rats!

How do they harvest gold?

Workers mine much less gold from normal gold mines. They need to build a Repurposed Gold Mine to mine the normal amount, and can bunker inside it if they're in danger.

Units:

Cheese Golem - Can be summoned with a cheese token bought from the shop. Heals any units that attacks it. Can not attack.

(done) Slave – Pitifully weak worker unit. Mines less gold from normal gold mines.

(done) War Rat – Versatile and cheap unit. Can learn the Devour ability which allows it to eat a corpse to increase it's attack damage and attack speed permanently. Devour can be used up to 10 times.

(done) Direbow – Ranged unit. Suffers from low health and low range. Can learn the Devour ability.

Plagamancer - Offensive caster.
  • Eyes of the Swarm: Summons an invisible rat to scout enemies.

• Decay: Deals damage over time to the target enemy and slows them. Does not stack.

• Plague Burst: Deal damage to enemies near target ally. Autocast.
Taskmaster - Defensive caster.

• Hurry: Toggle. Increases the movement speed of all nearby units, except Taskmasters, and causes them to lose health over time.

• Rations: Removes a nearby corpse, and heals all nearby friendly units except the caster.

• Motivation: Instantly kill a target friendly unit. All friendly units near the target gain a bonus to attack speed.

(done) Mutant – T3 tank unit. Benefits from a high hit point regeneration rate and health pool. Can use Grisly Appetite to eat a nearby friendly unit and recover half of that unit's remaining hit points.

(done) Blightfiend – T2 support unit. Boasts high movement speed, and knows Blight and Stalk.

-Blight: Attacks removes all positive buffs from the target and slows. Does not stack.

-Stalk: Gain permanent vision of the target non-hero unit. Can be dispelled.

Cannoneer: T2 siege unit. Attacks leave poison clouds that deal damage to all organic units in it's path. Can upgrade the area of effect of its attacks.

(done) Armour - T2 tank unit. Suffers from low movement speed and turn rate, but boasts high armour and deals damage in a line. Can cast Rally which increases the movement speed of all nearby allied units for a short time.

Parmesan Pitcher - T3 siege unit. Has an exceptionally large attack range but very slow attack speed.

Heroes:

(done) Skullrat- Strength hero. Incredibly durable and intended to support a mass of units.
  • Flesh Offering: Deals 5 damage per second to the target organic unit. If the target dies under the effect of Mortality it will heal all nearby allied units. Lasts 10 seconds.
  • Terrify: Slows all units in the target area and decreases their armour.
  • Apotheosis: Increases the Immortal's attack damage and allows it to heal itself when attacking.
  • Skull Pact: Instantly kill a target allied unit, healing the Immortal for 25% of its maximum health and gaining a permanent bonus to strength.
(done) Packmaster - Intelligence hero. Summons all over the place. His second ability can be used to give dying units a second wind or turn workers into fighting units for an extra cheesy rush.
  • Summon Giant Rat: Summons giant rats to fight for you. Lasts 60 seconds. Short cooldown. Amount of rats summoned increases per level.
  • Rat Ointment: Apply a magical ointment a target allied non-hero unit. After a few seconds it will become a giant rat with full health.
  • Endurance Savage Aura: Increases the attack speed of nearby allies. Nothing fancy.
  • Rodent Husbandry: Replaces all giant rats with behemoth rats which have more health, damage, and movement speed.

Attachments

• Ratfolk Progress1.png
    Ratfolk Progress1.png
    673.8 KB · Views: 128

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Just finished a (very) rough outline of the for my race and made some units. Gonna try to finish the units before the end of the week before moving on to the buildings. After that, I'll give it a couple test runs and try to remove/merge any redundant abilities and revise the units to make them more unique.

Ratfolk – Swarm of rats!

How do they harvest gold?

Workers mine much less gold from normal gold mines. They need to build a Repurposed Gold Mine to mine the normal amount, and can bunker inside it if they're in danger.

Units:

Cheese Golem - Can be summoned with a cheese token bought from the shop. Heals any units that attacks it. Can not attack.

(done) Slave – Pitifully weak worker unit. Mines less gold from normal gold mines.

(done) War Rat – Versatile and cheap unit. Can learn the Devour ability which allows it to eat a corpse to increase it's attack damage and attack speed permanently. Devour can be used up to 10 times.

(done) Direbow – Ranged unit. Suffers from low health and low range. Can learn the Devour ability.

Plagamancer - Offensive caster.
  • Eyes of the Swarm: Summons an invisible rat to scout enemies.

• Decay: Deals damage over time to the target enemy and slows them. Does not stack.

• Plague Burst: Deal damage to enemies near target ally. Autocast.
Taskmaster - Defensive caster.

• Hurry: Toggle. Increases the movement speed of all nearby units, except Taskmasters, and causes them to lose health over time.

• Rations: Removes a nearby corpse, and heals all nearby friendly units except the caster.

• Motivation: Instantly kill a target friendly unit. All friendly units near the target gain a bonus to attack speed.

(done) Mutant – T3 tank unit. Benefits from a high hit point regeneration rate and health pool. Can use Grisly Appetite to eat a nearby friendly unit and recover half of that unit's remaining hit points.

(done) Blightfiend – T2 support unit. Boasts high movement speed, and knows Blight and Stalk.

-Blight: Attacks removes all positive buffs from the target and slows. Does not stack.

-Stalk: Gain permanent vision of the target non-hero unit. Can be dispelled.

Cannoneer: T2 siege unit. Attacks leave poison clouds that deal damage to all organic units in it's path. Can upgrade the area of effect of its attacks.

(done) Armour - T2 tank unit. Suffers from low movement speed and turn rate, but boasts high armour and deals damage in a line. Can cast Rally which increases the movement speed of all nearby allied units for a short time.

Parmesan Pitcher - T3 siege unit. Has an exceptionally large attack range but very slow attack speed.

Heroes:

(done) Skullrat- Strength hero. Incredibly durable and intended to support a mass of units.
  • Flesh Offering: Deals 5 damage per second to the target organic unit. If the target dies under the effect of Mortality it will heal all nearby allied units. Lasts 10 seconds.
  • Terrify: Slows all units in the target area and decreases their armour.
  • Apotheosis: Increases the Immortal's attack damage and allows it to heal itself when attacking.
  • Skull Pact: Instantly kill a target allied unit, healing the Immortal for 25% of its maximum health and gaining a permanent bonus to strength.
(done) Packmaster - Intelligence hero. Summons all over the place. His second ability can be used to give dying units a second wind or turn workers into fighting units for an extra cheesy rush.
  • Summon Giant Rat: Summons giant rats to fight for you. Lasts 60 seconds. Short cooldown. Amount of rats summoned increases per level.
  • Rat Ointment: Apply a magical ointment a target allied non-hero unit. After a few seconds it will become a giant rat with full health.
  • Endurance Savage Aura: Increases the attack speed of nearby allies. Nothing fancy.
  • Rodent Husbandry: Replaces all giant rats with behemoth rats which have more health, damage, and movement speed.
How cheesy.

; )

Level 9
I think I'll settle down with the amount of structures available so far. Main Building, Food building, shop, altar, three unit production facilities and two buildings that will be requirements to unlock tiers and stuff and will have buffs for the surrounding units. There will be no defense towers.

There will be two units that act as half structures. 1) Gargantuan (Giant turtle thingy) which will act as a drop-off point for lumber harvesting and a melee siege unit. 2) Deep Wyrm (The serpent thingy) which will act as base defense or a powerful ranged unit if moved elsewhere.
Both will have slow movement speed but will be compensated with fortified armor and High HP.

So far there are 8 units, including the worker and the previously mentioned half structures. The faction lacks air units (Unless changed in the future) but will have considerable means to counter enemy air units. Basic units won't need much resources to be made and will have low HP and DMG. However, when used in numbers and upgrades, they will feel much better as the game advances. The advanced units will be worth the weak start and the resources spent.

Main building will be able to curse nearby goldmines, allowing workers to gather gold akin to wisps but in a faster rate. Lumber will be normally harvested though.

I'm settled with the hero models but I'm still working on their abilities and stuff. 2 Intelligence heroes, 1 Agility and 1 strength which translates to 1 support, 2 damage dealers and 1 tank.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    56 KB · Views: 104
Level 11
My problem is solved. All right guys, what've we learned today? If you choose a mechanic for a part of your techtree, be loyal to it, and use it for the entire techtree. Now, my units "evolve" by a recruiting system and a very simple trigger that immediately kills them.

Level 35
I would like to participate but i do have a quick question.
When it comes to imported models can you make your own models during the competition.
Or must it be from the hive workshop or something like that?
(looked at the rules but still were uncertain)

There's no limitation on this, it's left open for people to approach it however they want. If you want to make your own models for your own entry, that's completely fine.

It's also not a waste of time to produce your own resources during a contest, either. Many people do it to help tie things together thematically, regardless of what a contestant with a staggering zero entries so far may advise you.

Last edited:
Level 2
I'm in again.

I'll reuse most of the aesthetics (models and textures) from my old incomplete entry for the 12th Contest, and completely redesign the mechanics to fit this new theme.

There should be no troubles with that, right? Since I abandoned that entry a long time ago and finally ended up deleting it, so I'll just reuse the aesthetics.
Technically... You'd be using imports which you had time to sort and get together long before anyone else (which makes you have more time to progress than others, and have a nicer finished product. However im sure you wont be the only one (just my opinion)

Level 27
Technically... You'd be using imports which you had time to sort and get together long before anyone else (which makes you have more time to progress than others, and have a nicer finished product. However im sure you wont be the only one (just my opinion)
Not really, since I deleted all those things a long time ago, so even if I have the idea of what I'll use, I'll have to download it all again.

Level 13
Screenshot_19.png

Nisharus' Brood
A semi-intelligent brood of Spiders led by a former Dalaran experiment, the Broodmother Nisharus.

The Brood completely defies the formula of Warcraft 3 by not having structure tiers, item shops, or Heroes. Instead you start with a Spider Nest and a Broodmother. The Broodmother will serve as both your builder unit and the unit producer, being capable of an unlimited number of different types of spiders as long as they have the resources to do so.

Gold is harvested by a Gathering Swarm, groups of little spiders that will automatically harvest gold mines around their Spider Nest for free. These spiders can however be killed, and will take a bit of time to respawn, making them quite vulnerable to harass. Lumber on the other hand is harvested by the Broodmother's Infest Tree ability. Infested trees cost Gold to make, produce food and generate lumber every 10 seconds, they also grant vision and can be upgraded to have small AI-controlled spiders defending it. Again, these Infested Trees are vulnerable and can be destroyed by the enemy.

Due to lack of Heroes (they also cannot hire from Taverns), the Brood will instead rely on levelling individual unit-types to scale further into the late-game, unlocking various evolution upgrades and increasing the overall stats of all units of the same type. Experience for these unit-types are not gained by killing units, but rather dealing damage, encouraging the player to get aggressive without worrying too muchabout losing their units.

Spiderlings will be your T1 melee unit, light, fragile and quite cheap, and they also spawn in pairs. Spiderlings do not give the enemy experience upon death, making them disposable. Spiderlings can also harvest meat from corpses, which they will then return to your Broodmother to give you Essence, a third resource that allows you to research unique upgrades AND level up your Broodmother, unlocking even more unit-types.

Level 11
View attachment 373481

Nisharus' Brood
A semi-intelligent brood of Spiders led by a former Dalaran experiment, the Broodmother Nisharus.

The Brood completely defies the formula of Warcraft 3 by not having structure tiers, item shops, or Heroes. Instead you start with a Spider Nest and a Broodmother. The Broodmother will serve as both your builder unit and the unit producer, being capable of an unlimited number of different types of spiders as long as they have the resources to do so.

Gold is harvested by a Gathering Swarm, groups of little spiders that will automatically harvest gold mines around their Spider Nest for free. These spiders can however be killed, and will take a bit of time to respawn, making them quite vulnerable to harass. Lumber on the other hand is harvested by the Broodmother's Infest Tree ability. Infested trees cost Gold to make, produce food and generate lumber every 10 seconds, they also grant vision and can be upgraded to have small AI-controlled spiders defending it. Again, these Infested Trees are vulnerable and can be destroyed by the enemy.

Due to lack of Heroes (they also cannot hire from Taverns), the Brood will instead rely on levelling individual unit-types to scale further into the late-game, unlocking various evolution upgrades and increasing the overall stats of all units of the same type. Experience for these unit-types are not gained by killing units, but rather dealing damage, encouraging the player to get aggressive without worrying too muchabout losing their units.

Spiderlings will be your T1 melee unit, light, fragile and quite cheap, and they also spawn in pairs. Spiderlings do not give the enemy experience upon death, making them disposable. Spiderlings can also harvest meat from corpses, which they will then return to your Broodmother to give you Essence, a third resource that allows you to research unique upgrades AND level up your Broodmother, unlocking even more unit-types.

Gosh, it looks great, but... our extraction systems are pretty similar. Just hope it doesn't affect the punctuation of any of us. I am sure we thought them by ourselves, and they got they differences after all (per example, my trees doesn't cost gold, but they destroy theirselves pretty fast). Also, I will have heroes, so I don't worry about that (I am already thinking on a system to make them respawn without an altar)

Level 13
Gosh, it looks great, but... our extraction systems are pretty similar. Just hope it doesn't affect the punctuation of any of us. I am sure we thought them by ourselves, and they got they differences after all (per example, my trees doesn't cost gold, but they destroy theirselves pretty fast). Also, I will have heroes, so I don't worry about that (I am already thinking on a system to make them respawn without an altar)

Oh yeah I didn't even notice you had that. Looking back, it functions pretty differently to mine. Yours being an AoE and mine being more about just turning a tree into a food production structure that also generates lumber at the cost of gold. Your gold harvesting method is also pretty interesting.

Level 27
I'm done with the models, so now I'm working on the triggers. Here is a new WIP and a short description of some of the mechanics of the race.

WIP2.PNG

The Soulstealers

The concept behind this race is about mindless undead, evil spirits with a consuming hunger for souls that leads them to behave like beasts. Their only goal is to consume any souls they can before their own hunger devours themselves.

Because of this, all of their units will lose hit points each second, so to keep them alive you must summon Overseers, who have a regeneration aura that prevents nearby Soulstealers from dying (Overseers also provide food supplies). Soulstealers also have a passive life-steal that can be improved with upgrades, making them an offensive race that relies on continuous fighting to sustain themselves.

Some Soulstealers can "devour" others to heal themselves and gain Soul Charges, enhancing their abilities. The Main building is responsible for summoning other structures, and also creates Rifts that are where the units are spawned from (much like how Zergs train units).

Other Notes:

I don't know why I always end up creating races related to "evil". Well, maybe in the next contest I will try something different. :D

The race is partially based on Kam's Lost faction mixed with my own ideas.

Last edited:
Level 14
...When you say "done", you mean they are created by a building, or that you actual finished all these, including all heroes?
Yeah, that was a mistake. Labelling them as done is pretty misleading. What it means is that I'm done working on them for now, but after finishing the buildings and upgrades I'll come back to them.

View attachment 373481

Nisharus' Brood

This looks pretty cool! Reminds me a bit of total annihilation.

Progress report on the Ratfolk: most of the units have been added. Added a bat rat with wings for an air unit. Just need to find a good model for the Taskmaster and come up with another air unit. Also add a third hero. I changed the Cannoneer a little bit to give it more personality. It's now called the Stink Gun and starts off only being able to damage organic units but can be upgraded to attack structures too. It now has an ability called 'Bile Bomb' which was originally for a third hero idea I had, but took out. I've added a video of the Stink Gun in action (and a little bit of the Devour ability too). I'm going to start work on the buildings and then come back and finish the units.

Attachments

• StinkGunTest.mp4
    33.1 MB · Views: 60
  • Ratfolk Progress 2.png
    Ratfolk Progress 2.png
    809.8 KB · Views: 112
Level 9
I'm not sure if my current entry really fits the Contest theme. Despite that I have continued working on it, but I am already considering changing my entry for another with which I feel more comfortable.

I can feel the same way with my murloc/sea witch servants race but oh well, can make something if needed.

Level 9
Here's an update on my entry. I'm still undecisive on a name so I'm throwing a couple of possible names in here:

A) Underworld Minions, as they were called in the prologue campaign.
B) Zar'jira's Servants, as the sea witch Zar'jira was the one leading them against the Darkspear and the one responsible for the death of Sen'jin and the sinking of the Darkspear Islands during the wc3 campaign.
C) Just Murlocs as it is. Murlocs make the bulk of this faction but there are other races and elements to it.

So suggestions on the name would be helpful.
Moving on. I attached an image of the available units (except the worker.) So going from top to bottom:

• Tier 1: Tribesman, basic melee unit. Huntsman, Basic short ranged.
  • Tier 2: Ritualist, Support spellcaster. Chanter, primary spellcaster. Gargantuan, melee siege unit and lumber drop-off point, slow.
  • Tier 3: Deep Wyrm, powerful ranged unit, slow. Coral Golem, massive melee unit.
  • Summons/Special: We have two summons (Watery Minion and Watching eye, basically a flying ward). As for the special unit (Wrathful Avatar), it can only be created through sacrificing five Ritualists. You can sacrifice ritualists through the Pillar of Sacrifice building.

I'm so far satisfied with the progress made and I think the buildings I have so far are enough. As for the units, I'm not 100% sure if I should add more, mainly being air units. Heroes are still under development, their models and icons are sorted but their abilities are still WIP.

And as for the uprooted building. It's hardcoded into the game that in order to entangle a mine, the caster unit must be rooted, so the first tier of the main building had to be given a custom enroot ability.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_021521_021950_001.png
    WC3ScrnShot_021521_021950_001.png
    1 MB · Views: 129
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 115
Level 11
Since 1.31 won't be a problem, here is my first WiP.
WC3ScrnShot_022321_143019_01.png
The Silithid, I'm not sure what exactly my plans are with them but I made some units as proof of concept, really hard to find good insectoid models that aren't just nerubians so I had to use some nerubian models.

Level 13
Screenshot_4.png

W.I.P of my Spider race. Been working on some models with Retera's Model Studio since there is a lack of Spider models on the Hive that isn't Nerubian. This is the Broodguard, the Brood's long-ranged siege unit. Each attack spawns a Broodling Nest, which will continuously create Broodlings to attack the Broodguard's enemies.

WC3ScrnShot_022421_185508_05.png

Level 27
View attachment 374187

W.I.P of my Spider race. Been working on some models with Retera's Model Studio since there is a lack of Spider models on the Hive that isn't Nerubian. This is the Broodguard, the Brood's long-ranged siege unit. Each attack spawns a Broodling Nest, which will continuously create Broodlings to attack the Broodguard's enemies.

View attachment 374188
That model looks nice, I like it. :)

Guess I'll show my progress too.
full
full
I went with a "mana swarm", like a sentient magic energy that controls creatures that were captured by it. Creatures will be highly dependent on mana and will be able to exchange it with each other, including structures.
Not sure about the name yet.
I think you attached images from a private album cuz I can't see them.

Level 14
Ratfolk progress update:
Ratfolk Progress 3.png

The Winged Rodent is available at tier 1 and serves as a very good early on scout. It can bunker inside it's building, the Perch, to enable it to attack nearby enemies depending on how many Winged Rodents are in it. Pretty much like a burrow with barrage. On the downside they are only good at scouting during the night, like real bats. They are good anti-air units and if massed can beat an air heavy army but are very weak to ground anti-air.

I've added a third hero - the Sensei. She's an agility based hero that can burrow underground, empower her attacks, and dodge enemy spells. Doesn't really fit in to the Swarm theme but hey, it's a rat ninja. And I like Splinter.

When I get the time I'll try to test this race out and polish it up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.