• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scourge of Lordaeron: TD Edition

Scourge of Lordaeron: TD Edition

"The warning has been given. Their fate is now their own. - Medivh (c)"

OVERVIEW

"The original Warcraft 3: Reign Of Chaos Alliance campaign, completely redesigned into a tower defense genre. The inspiration came from Ironhide Studios' acclaimed series of games called Kingdom Rush, and from the genre as a whole.
This is a completely finished and reworked version. You have access to absolutely all chapters of the original campaign for playing.
"

STORY

"You are Prince Arthas, whose journey with Lord Uther to Stranbard Village has brought you into a vortex of growing tension in the kingdom. Can you make the right decisions? Or maybe fate itself is playing against you? Maybe you will be able to direct the young prince to the truth, or will you blindly submit to his anger? Find out by replaying the redesigned campaign."

FEATURES

FIGHT FOR COUNTRY...
Will you flee or die trying? Will you fight with prince Arthas and his forces agains enemies of your crown?

FIGHT FOR KING...
Relive memory of prince Arthas - young human paladin, whose destiny was predestined long before his own birth.
Will Arthas be able to defend his homeland or will he fall to the unknown?

FIGHT FOR BELOVE
D...
Meet Arthas friends, lovers and his enemies. All of them are known for YOU, but did you remember how Arthas visited Jaina for last time?
Did you remember the friendship betwheen Uther and Arthas? Or Arthas and Muradin?

...AND FIGHT FOR LORDAERON!

MEDIA

MODELS & ICONS
SPECIAL THANKS
KNOWN ISSUES
TBD
  • Some transitions error can occur when you try to load a chapter in strange ways;
  • Sometimes some heroes can disappear with problem above;
  • Translation isn't full yet;
  • Minor balance or gfx bugs;
  • Some spells could be implemented in strange way;

WALKHTHROUGH

CHANGELOG

• Campaign was released & near 95% translated.

BUG FIXES

Chapter 2:
  • Fixed a bug, that prevents player from completing a mission;
  • Fixed a bug with Searinox, so it would spawn and move properly;
  • Minor translation checking;
Chapter 3:
  • Fixed a bug that prevents player from completing a mission;
  • Fixed a bug when Elemental Surge and Jaina was hostile to player units;
  • Minor translation fixes & checks;
Chapter 5:
  • Fixed an issue when Arthas was speaking with invisible Jaina;
Chapter 7-9:
  • Fixed a Muradin issue - he didn't avaliable for player or he didn't spawned;
Scourge Enemies:
  • Deleted an abomination "Kaboom!" ability - it could lead to some weird bugs;
  • Removed "lumber rewarding" after wave completing in all Undead & Horde levels;
  • Fixed a gargoyle speed to proper;
  • Some minor balance fixing for some enemies, such as Zombie, Ghoul, Skeleton etd;
Horde Enemies:
  • Replaced Grunt "Medium" armor type with "Heavy", because he should recieve more DMG from magic towers;
Special Towers:
  • Fixed a bug, that occured when player tried to buy second ability in "Rangers Hideout" tower;
  • Fixed some buttons in special towers menu, so they wouldn't look kinda weird now.

BUG FIXES & CHANGES

• Add a dialog in chapter 2, 5 and 6, related to skip an interlude level and go to next playable level;
  • Changed "Far Shots" upgrade bonuses;
  • Minor translation fixes etc;
Chapter 2:
  • Now Doomguard should walk more slowly;
Chapter 3:
  • Now player should recieve his stars after completing level;
Chapter 4:
  • Now player should be able to finish level;
Chapter 5-7:
  • Now player should recieve their properly earned lumber.

BUG FIXES

• Replaced Horde Troll spell "Healing" with "Regeneration Aura";
  • Corrected hero spell descriptions;
Chapter 3-7*:
  • Now player should be able to control his heroes after skipping starting cinematic.

BUG FIXES

• Corrected all hero spell cast text for all playable heroes (Arthas, Jaina, etc);
  • Minor translation fixes;
Chapter 3:
  • Now player should have access to his heroes after skipping a starting cinematic;
Chapter 4:
  • Now Arthas & Jaina resets their HP when entering to Kel'Thuzad;
  • Spawn Time of all Kel'Thuzad Phase 1 units has been increased by 20-25%;
  • Phase 1 timer was decreased by 20%;
  • Now Kel'Thuzad suffer defeat when he reaches 35%, not 10% of his HP;
Chapter 6:
  • Meathook Mini-Boss was nerfed: his Max HP reduced by 35% and starting STATS - by 35%.
BUG FIXES
All Chapters:
  • Fixed an issue with wave enemies - now they shouldn't return back to their spawn regions;
  • Minor text changes across whole campaign;
Chapter 3:
  • Now achievement "Above Limits" requires 3 lvl for Jaina, not 8;
Chapter 8:
  • Now mercenaries, spawned by player, shouldn't return back to their spawn regions.

BUG FIXES & BALANCE

All Chapters:
  • Now playable only on 1.31;
  • Fixed an issue with Player Artillery upgrades - now damage bonus should add properly;
  • Increased overall multiboard size for most campaign missions;
Chapter 7:
  • Fixed strange issues, occured with Player Workshop on mission start - now player should have his access to his upgrades;
  • Fixed an issue, which occured with Player Spellbook hero - now it should properly move to Muradin Camp and be controlable;
  • Small balance scailing across Drakkari part;
  • Now for completing first main quest "Establish a Camp" player will be rewarded with additional 1000 gold;
Chapter 8:
  • Now mercenary & hero spawn region moves with each defeated boss;
  • Now each mercenary type is have limited unit amount, which could fight on map at the same time;
  • Properly checked difficulty change commands;
  • Small translation fixes;
  • Now last Crypt Lord boss is moved from cliff to lowground;
Chapter 9:
  • Now player can access map without any issues;
  • Slightly tweaked difficulty of map - path to Frostmourne Guardian difficulty is strictly set as "Easy";
  • Added small "thank you" letter after map completition;
  • Fixed some strange translation errors in campaign ending cinematic.

BUG FIXES & BALANCE

All Chapters:
  • Now player will recieve lumber 'star" reward from completing achievements. Each achievement will reward with 1 lumber;
  • Now players, who use victory cheats, can recieve lumber 'star" reward as they properly completed level;
  • Minor fixes across whole chapters;
Chapter 2:
  • Probably fixed issue with strange final cinematic behaviour;
  • Minor translation fixes;
Chapter 4-6:
  • Minor translation fixes

NEW FEATURES & BUG FIXES

All Chapters:
  • Playable on Reforged!
    Now you can download and play Scourge of Lordaeron TD Edition on latest 1.35 Warcraft 3 Reforged version, thanks to addition of "custom campaign" feature.
    Both classic and reforged graphics are supported
  • Wave Indications.
    By using map icons, now you can properly see from which side enemy will attack you on incoming wave. Includes special icons for mission mini-bosses and bosses, and player base of course;
  • Translation Fixes.
    Most of remained untranslated texts has been replaced with corresponding english ones. Please report, if you find something untranslated!
Chapter 1:
  • Updated tutorial hint messagies;
  • Small tweaks across whole map;
Chapter 2:
  • Now Blademaster will correctly transform into Doomguard after defeat, horde mobs will continue to spawn correctly;
  • Now Feanor will show his Dragon Hunters only after player buys his help;
  • 2 last Construction Sites were replaced with Lvl 3 Archer Towers;
Chapter 3:
  • Fixed minor issue with Jaina-related achievement;
Chapter 5:
  • All Hearthglen units & buildings no longer use lumber, instead relying only to gold;
  • Fixed minor translation issues;
Chapter 7:
  • Fixed bug, when player doesn't got control over Construction Sites after skipping starting cinematic;
Chapter 9:
  • Now player can properly use cheatcode to win mission.

I'd appreciate any bug reports, suggestions and tips!
Previews
Contents

Scourge of Lordaeron: TD Edition (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
There are some text issues with Arthas' armour and the tower's attack info. Some dots appear there instead of proper text referring to damage and armour resistance and vulnerability. Same with the armor of enemy units. I think you could spice up the...
Level 5
In Chapter Two, I had an Orc Grunt get stuck in the "East Path", but he was near the point, so I was able to lure and kill him.

Sadly, that didn't do, seems there should have been other enemies to come but they didn't, so now I'm stuck in Chapter 2.

I am playing it on the 1.31.1 version of Warcraft 3, not sure if that could be relevant.

Level 2
In Chapter Two, I had an Orc Grunt get stuck in the "East Path", but he was near the point, so I was able to lure and kill him.

Sadly, that didn't do, seems there should have been other enemies to come but they didn't, so now I'm stuck in Chapter 2.

I am playing it on the 1.31.1 version of Warcraft 3, not sure if that could be relevant.

Happened to me too, had to use allyourbasearebelongtous.

Level 22
sorry for double posting, but i played chapter 2 and it just kinda stuck there since the first appearance of ogres

edit: im playing it on 1.30

Okay, I'll try to fix it as soon as possible, but on chapter 3 you've encountered some problems or not? Or in future chapters?

Level 6
I stopped getting wood for the tower upgrades after the first three missions. When I started the Andorhal mission, I didn't have the 3 wood I was supposed two. Also, after I get done with either wave 7 or 8 of the Andorhal mission, nothing spawns and I can't finish the mission

Also, if I skip the cutscene for mission 3, I can't control either Arthas or Jaina. I addition, neither of my heroes get any exp when any of my towers kill a creep near them. I don't think that should be the case

Level 22
I stopped getting wood for the tower upgrades after the first three missions. When I started the Andorhal mission, I didn't have the 3 wood I was supposed two. Also, after I get done with either wave 7 or 8 of the Andorhal mission, nothing spawns and I can't finish the mission

Also, if I skip the cutscene for mission 3, I can't control either Arthas or Jaina. I addition, neither of my heroes get any exp when any of my towers kill a creep near them. I don't think that should be the case
  • About level 4 - I already check it and found that it requires to kill some unused enemy... I'll try to release a fixed version as soon as possible;
  • About lumber - if you completed chapter 3 and wasted all lumber before, you should get lumber in amount of stars you've earned in last chapter (3, 2 or 1 lumber). But if you didn't get anything - it's a bug and I'll try to fix it;
  • About hero exp - they get exp only when they last hitting enemy, yeah.
And if you encountered some problems in chapter 4. you can skip it by cheat "allyourbasearebelongtous".

Level 5
Here's a bit of my feedback, mostly critical bugs, will do more chapter-by-chapter.

I'll start in general to mention my biggest complaint: No units?
I know in Kingdom Rush there are "Barracks", and then three or two units come out, in which you can then change the rally point as to where they can go and stay there to defend. This is what made Kingdom Rush great and unique.
Seems this campaign doesn't have it, so I was wondering...Is it planned? Or it's really hard to implement that it had to be scrapped?

Chapter One was great, no issues here whatsoever, good enough tutorial.

Chapter Two, the only issue I had here was the fact that the last wave was incredibly difficulty in comparison to the rest, seems the difficulty went from 100% to 200% all of a sudden. It might be my fault, I wasn't exactly ready, but I think it should be checked again to be judged better.

Chapter Three, have lots of issues on this one:
1. One time, the cutscene didn't work properly, Jaina just stood there near a recent skeletal corpse of an ogre. Luckily it continued just fine, so a visual bug more than anything, but still something I had to report.
2. The secondary achievement, where you must make Jaina reach Level 8...How exactly can I do that? The level has only two waves, I even tried a "No Tower" tactic, Arthas was only about 30 metres close, and Jaina never reached level 6 or higher.
3. It seems that despite completing the mission with all 20 lives intact, I didn't get any "stars" (Hence no lumber for the next mission), is that intentional?
4. One time, I had a skeleton archer get stuck right on King's Road, he was easily dispatched and the waves kept going though, so not a big critical bug but still should be mentioned.
Extra: Just a little nitpick; the bridge that leads from the village to Heartglen (I think that was the name) has trees to the north...Why? I thought this bridge would lead you to Heartglen itself, seems a bit illogical.

Level 22
Here's a bit of my feedback, mostly critical bugs, will do more chapter-by-chapter.

I'll start in general to mention my biggest complaint: No units?
I know in Kingdom Rush there are "Barracks", and then three or two units come out, in which you can then change the rally point as to where they can go and stay there to defend. This is what made Kingdom Rush great and unique.
Seems this campaign doesn't have it, so I was wondering...Is it planned? Or it's really hard to implement that it had to be scrapped?

Chapter One was great, no issues here whatsoever, good enough tutorial.

Chapter Two, the only issue I had here was the fact that the last wave was incredibly difficulty in comparison to the rest, seems the difficulty went from 100% to 200% all of a sudden. It might be my fault, I wasn't exactly ready, but I think it should be checked again to be judged better.

Chapter Three, have lots of issues on this one:
1. One time, the cutscene didn't work properly, Jaina just stood there near a recent skeletal corpse of an ogre. Luckily it continued just fine, so a visual bug more than anything, but still something I had to report.
2. The secondary achievement, where you must make Jaina reach Level 8...How exactly can I do that? The level has only two waves, I even tried a "No Tower" tactic, Arthas was only about 30 metres close, and Jaina never reached level 6 or higher.
3. It seems that despite completing the mission with all 20 lives intact, I didn't get any "stars" (Hence no lumber for the next mission), is that intentional?
4. One time, I had a skeleton archer get stuck right on King's Road, he was easily dispatched and the waves kept going though, so not a big critical bug but still should be mentioned.
Extra: Just a little nitpick; the bridge that leads from the village to Heartglen (I think that was the name) has trees to the north...Why? I thought this bridge would lead you to Heartglen itself, seems a bit illogical.
First of all - thank you for your report and complains, it'd help me improve campaign!
  • About barracks - I don't remember why I scrapped barracks unit when I developed campaign, but in nearest future no plans for implementing barracks, sorry;
Chapter 2:
  • Last wave with boss? When boss is spawned, enemies will spawn until boss is dead, so try to kill boss ASAP. But I'll remark it, thank you for your report;
Chapter 3:
  • Yeah, that strange bug could occur sometimes... I'll check it and try to fix it in next version;
  • Oh, I forgot to change it... I agree with you - that math impossible on that level, so I'll change required level, yeah;
  • It was fixed in version from 23.06.2021, you can check it out;
  • Sometimes enemies can stuck, but try to use spells or heroes to kill those "bugged mobs".
After all, last version of campaign - from 06.23.2021, in which I fixed some bugs in chapter 3 & 4 and more, so player should be able to complete campaign.

Level 1
why can't I go through the 8th chapter I destroyed everything and then there is a cutscene and after they talk they go into battle against mercenaries and the worker goes to fight and the troops have left in short the worker will beat for a long time fix it

Level 22
why can't I go through the 8th chapter I destroyed everything and then there is a cutscene and after they talk they go into battle against mercenaries and the worker goes to fight and the troops have left in short the worker will beat for a long time fix it
Ehm... As I understand, ending cinematic is bugged when Arthas & co attacks mercenaries? Okay, I'll try to fix it asap!

UPD: Checked mission, yeah strange situation, uploaded a "fix", so now you can skip mission with victory cheat and skip ending cinematic too.

Last edited:
Just downloaded and played this today:
1. The last (or before last) upgrade of the Arrow Tower causes the tower to have 0 damage.
2. In chapter 6, if Arthas is killed before final wave, the map is soft-locked.
3. In chapter 6, after the second wave at Market Row, the game suddenly force closes.

Tested on 1.29.2 patch.

Level 22
Just downloaded and played this today:
1. The last (or before last) upgrade of the Arrow Tower causes the tower to have 0 damage.
2. In chapter 6, if Arthas is killed before final wave, the map is soft-locked.
3. In chapter 6, after the second wave at Market Row, the game suddenly force closes.

Tested on 1.29.2 patch.
  1. Weird bug, I'll correct it;
  2. True, sounds like a soft bug, but try to save Arthas on that level :D
  3. Strange... I'll check it, because in 1.26 I managed to complete without any game-crashing bugs. But anyway - thank you for your report, I'll try to find out what's going on.
And you can use cheat to skip some levels that caused bugs.
Overall, what can you say about content that you've already played?

Level 3
This is my review.

1. History - Another story about Arthas, a thousand times told.

2. Maps - All are the same, roads with some decoration on the sides. And those that don't, are copied from Blizzard.

3. Gameplay - This is the only section in which the work is noticeable, although I personally find it boring almost always the same.

4. Personalization - There is none, it's almost non-existent. Except for a few things.

Completely redesigned?

Level 22
This is my review.

1. History - Another story about Arthas, a thousand times told.

2. Maps - All are the same, roads with some decoration on the sides. And those that don't, are copied from Blizzard.

3. Gameplay - This is the only section in which the work is noticeable, although I personally find it boring almost always the same.

4. Personalization - There is none, it's almost non-existent. Except for a few things.

Completely redesigned?
It's a re-doing campaign from Reign of Chaos "Scourge of Lordaeron". Nothing new in maps shouldn't be, because it's a same campaign but in another genre.
But I understand why you scored only 2/5, and I want to ask you - what you want to see improved? Or nothing?
Anyway, thank you for your review!

Chapter Eight is Visible by default
Other mistakes: Abilities have a comma ',' between their name and their level. Also 'Devoution Aura' should be called 'Devotion Aura'. And 'Wulf' should be 'Wolf'

I really like the idea of the campaign. Very unique and cool!

Edit: If you skip the Chapter 3 intro, Arthas and Jaina are owned by the Kirin Tor player, but if you watch it they are owned by you.

Last edited:
Level 22
Chapter Eight is Visible by default
Other mistakes: Abilities have a comma ',' between their name and their level. Also 'Devoution Aura' should be called 'Devotion Aura'. And 'Wulf' should be 'Wolf'

I really like the idea of the campaign. Very unique and cool!

Edit: If you skip the Chapter 3 intro, Arthas and Jaina are owned by the Kirin Tor player, but if you watch it they are owned by you.
Thank you for your review!
  • About chapter 8 - It's for test purposes, I'll fix it;
  • Translation errors will be fixed (in ability names). Wulf, sorry, will retain his name as Wulf :D;
  • I glad to hear that you've liked an idea! I have plans for re-mastering all Reign of Chaos campaigns in that way;
  • About intro - strange, I'll fix it.

Ugh, is there a way to reload my progress from previous version? I have to gather all those lumbers again? ;_;

Right now, I'm totally losing my motivation with how chapter 6 broke in previous iteration and I have no means of restoring my progress in this version except retry this all over again ...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
There are some text issues with Arthas' armour and the tower's attack info. Some dots appear there instead of proper text referring to damage and armour resistance and vulnerability. Same with the armor of enemy units.

I think you could spice up the first chapter with more things. It's rather short and there's no boss. Where was the Slaver?

One of the Grunts in chapter 2 went back and forth near the start of the northeastern road.

Skipped the intro in chapter 3 and can't move the heroes.
Enemies return and come back a short distance in the middle of the map when they are attacked by a tower. Might happen because Arthas and Jaina block the way to the main base. Although, the distance between them near the ramp doesn't seem that small.

In chapter four the boss battle should start with the heroes having full HP. No idea how to survive. There's way too many units and your heroes are really weak. Lucky for the Reincarnation.

The units of the Barracks in chapter five have broken descriptions. Same with the Mortar Team.
There's something to the left of the circle in the middle blocking units movement.

Would be nice to have items to use. Also, some more tower variations (with upgrades/branches) wouldn't hurt.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 22
There are some text issues with Arthas' armour and the tower's attack info. Some dots appear there instead of proper text referring to damage and armour resistance and vulnerability. Same with the armor of enemy units.

I think you could spice up the first chapter with more things. It's rather short and there's no boss. Where was the Slaver?

One of the Grunts in chapter 2 went back and forth near the start of the northeastern road.

Skipped the intro in chapter 3 and can't move the heroes.
Enemies return and come back a short distance in the middle of the map when they are attacked by a tower. Might happen because Arthas and Jaina block the way to the main base. Although, the distance between them near the ramp doesn't seem that small.

In chapter four the boss battle should start with the heroes having full HP. No idea how to survive. There's way too many units and your heroes are really weak. Lucky for the Reincarnation.

The units of the Barracks in chapter five have broken descriptions. Same with the Mortar Team.
There's something to the left of the circle in the middle blocking units movement.

Would be nice to have items to use. Also, some more tower variations (with upgrades/branches) wouldn't hurt.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thank you for your review!
  • it's a translation error, because in those texts player recieves information about modified armor & attack types - I'll correct it in next version;
  • It has. But I decided that amount of bosses was too much for a little campaign, but I agree with you;
  • Sometimes units in campaign can have a bug roadmap due unknow issue. I'll try to fix it, but currently I don't know :(
  • Strange bug with skipping cinematic - I'll correct it;
  • Answer ^;
  • On which difficulty you've played a lvl? But anyway, I somesort agree with you, because yeah - Kel'Thuzad isn't really good gamedesigned boss for now;
  • I'll correct it;
  • Maybe invisible pathblocker, I'll try to catch this up;
  • Currently I use a model of first "Kingdom Rush" game, so in nearest future no items or towers. But after some time I'll try to release a new content for campaign, adding some new missions.

Level 2
This is a super interesting campaign... Or at least started out as such.
Up to the culling I really did not wanna change anything. It was a perfectly good campaign, though the cannon upgrades seems to stack... oddly. (first cannon goes from 6-14 to like 26-178 with the first workshop upgrade) Which I felt sometimes I reliead on a bit too much as it could 3 shot the bosses. But at the culling I got my first glitch I reacted on. The option to pick what to do next was Jainas Meeting and The Culling. It was easily overstepped and felt okay so far. Then came the seventh Chapter in Daggercap Bay. OH BOY!

The workshop did not work, instead I got a bogstandard workshop with bogstandard units most likely in it, as I could not purchase any of it with my 18 lumber. This lead to the first bit being hard, but not impossible thanks to the spell caster... But then of course the spell caster is removed in the second part, or rather locked outside the map so it cannot be controlled anymore nor cast spells thusly. Making that part quite impossible without cheats as all my towers hit for jack, my spells were not there and my heroes were far to weak. Otherwise I think it could be a fun map.

Then came Chapter 8, Dissidents. No breaking glitches here thankfully but some stuff that made it a bigger headache than needed. First off Arthas became stuck at the first boss, simply standing there, contemplating his life choices whilst Muradin rushed ahead with the mercs. And then I noticed the research time is... long. Very long. Like "I can probably not complete even 20 upgrades" long. And then when I reached the final i noticed two things. All units ran past the crag with the big bad boss on top off, and started faffing about just above him. And I no longer got reinforcment as they got stuck on each other at the start. So to give a hint for what I think could fix these issues.
1. Make a trigger where you beat boss X, now spawn all units beyond boss X and all heroes before boss X gets teleported to the new spawn point (fixes build up issue and heroes getting stuck)
2. Decrease the research time since you gain a lot of gold anyways.
3. Put the last "attack point" on TOP of where the last boss is. Not beyond him down below. Especially if the last boss got hold position as he does.

This is all... you might ask where is the Frostmourne Chapter? The Final one? The big one? The one where Mal'Ganis finally dies?
It does not work on 1.31 it seems. Just crashes... Redoing Dissidents again and gonna try to get a legit win... To see if that fixes it. But this is else SUCH a good campaign. Up until the last three chapters.

Level 22
This is a super interesting campaign... Or at least started out as such.
Up to the culling I really did not wanna change anything. It was a perfectly good campaign, though the cannon upgrades seems to stack... oddly. (first cannon goes from 6-14 to like 26-178 with the first workshop upgrade) Which I felt sometimes I reliead on a bit too much as it could 3 shot the bosses. But at the culling I got my first glitch I reacted on. The option to pick what to do next was Jainas Meeting and The Culling. It was easily overstepped and felt okay so far. Then came the seventh Chapter in Daggercap Bay. OH BOY!

The workshop did not work, instead I got a bogstandard workshop with bogstandard units most likely in it, as I could not purchase any of it with my 18 lumber. This lead to the first bit being hard, but not impossible thanks to the spell caster... But then of course the spell caster is removed in the second part, or rather locked outside the map so it cannot be controlled anymore nor cast spells thusly. Making that part quite impossible without cheats as all my towers hit for jack, my spells were not there and my heroes were far to weak. Otherwise I think it could be a fun map.

Then came Chapter 8, Dissidents. No breaking glitches here thankfully but some stuff that made it a bigger headache than needed. First off Arthas became stuck at the first boss, simply standing there, contemplating his life choices whilst Muradin rushed ahead with the mercs. And then I noticed the research time is... long. Very long. Like "I can probably not complete even 20 upgrades" long. And then when I reached the final i noticed two things. All units ran past the crag with the big bad boss on top off, and started faffing about just above him. And I no longer got reinforcment as they got stuck on each other at the start. So to give a hint for what I think could fix these issues.
1. Make a trigger where you beat boss X, now spawn all units beyond boss X and all heroes before boss X gets teleported to the new spawn point (fixes build up issue and heroes getting stuck)
2. Decrease the research time since you gain a lot of gold anyways.
3. Put the last "attack point" on TOP of where the last boss is. Not beyond him down below. Especially if the last boss got hold position as he does.

This is all... you might ask where is the Frostmourne Chapter? The Final one? The big one? The one where Mal'Ganis finally dies?
It does not work on 1.31 it seems. Just crashes... Redoing Dissidents again and gonna try to get a legit win... To see if that fixes it. But this is else SUCH a good campaign. Up until the last three chapters.
That... Sounds strange that you don't access into last chapter, because it really works on 1.26a...
Overall thanks for your review and sad that I've encountered such strange issues. I'll try to figure out what's going on and fix it in nearest future.

Level 28
Also, are you using the older versions of the campaign before May 31, 2022. If so, you should get the most recent one because the very first version is too buggy, making it impossible to complete it.
The author might fix this kind issue, but for now, try "Skip Mission" cheat if you still encounter bugs with the specific missions.

Level 22

Also, are you using the older versions of the campaign before May 31, 2022. If so, you should get the most recent one because the very first version is too buggy, making it impossible to complete it.
The author might fix this kind issue, but for now, try "Skip Mission" cheat if you still encounter bugs with the specific missions.
Hello there and thank you for your report!
I really don't know when and how I managed to achieve that glitch, but I'll look into campaign and try to find out remanining bugs.
Althought I think you're trying to play older version than current released, still this error is strange.

I'll find my time to fix this and other bugs to find.

EDIT:
Also I'll try to make achievements in new version more sustainable by rewarding player with 1 star for each completed achievement on level.

Last edited:
Level 12
Cool campaign, i do remember now playing this in the past and i think i forgot to write a review on it, here are some thoughts:

I will jump over the concept since we all know is a cool one, having a TD Campaign is somewhat unique and i would love to see similar things in the future.
I liked the terrain and the towers, what can i say the concept is good but the gameplay is lacking.

The best mission in the whole campaign and the only mission i actually enjoyed was Chapter 5, it was the chapter that actually felt somewhat difficult, it wasn't too short either and it had a new concept (building units). The only thing i can say is that if all the chapters were similar to this one then the campaign would have been much more epic.

~In terms of negatives:

- Tower abilities don't autocast by themselves... also entangle spell from the Ranger hideout tower has x as the hotkey but... selling the tower also has x as the hotkey.. so yea...

- There was this thunder sound effect that kept happening every few seconds and it was incredibly annoying, most missions had it.

- I had somewhat low fps in most missions, not sure what was causing it...

- In Chapter 5 there were 2 teleporters on the map but i fail to understand their purpose.

- Chapter 8 felt too slow and boring, i got the concept of having to clear each sector of the city but it didn't go well, the difficulty was too easy, the mini bosses were too weak, and the map didn't even have a final boss.

- Same problem with the final chapter, way too easy and it felt super short, also one would expect that Mal'ganis would be the final boss of the campaign like in the original but... he didn't even show up, only in the cinematics... this might be one of the most anticlimactic endings i've seen in my life!

- So in short:

1. The missions need to be slightly longer, they felt too short.
2. More mini bosses and more bosses, also the few mini bosses that are as of now are too weak, they need to be buffed.
3. More chapters need to have similar buildings like in chapter 5 where u can hire units.
4. And finally, all the extra neutral units u put on each map need to be vulnerable so the player can go and kill them for xp and extra loot cuz otherwise why even bother puting them there in the first place, all the units being invulnerable is just lame, it would have been much cooler if the player could interact with them instead!

Level 22
Cool campaign, i do remember now playing this in the past and i think i forgot to write a review on it, here are some thoughts:

I will jump over the concept since we all know is a cool one, having a TD Campaign is somewhat unique and i would love to see similar things in the future.
I liked the terrain and the towers, what can i say the concept is good but the gameplay is lacking.

The best mission in the whole campaign and the only mission i actually enjoyed was Chapter 5, it was the chapter that actually felt somewhat difficult, it wasn't too short either and it had a new concept (building units). The only thing i can say is that if all the chapters were similar to this one then the campaign would have been much more epic.

~In terms of negatives:

- Tower abilities don't autocast by themselves... also entangle spell from the Ranger hideout tower has x as the hotkey but... selling the tower also has x as the hotkey.. so yea...

- There was this thunder sound effect that kept happening every few seconds and it was incredibly annoying, most missions had it.

- I had somewhat low fps in most missions, not sure what was causing it...

- In Chapter 5 there were 2 teleporters on the map but i fail to understand their purpose.

- Chapter 8 felt too slow and boring, i got the concept of having to clear each sector of the city but it didn't go well, the difficulty was too easy, the mini bosses were too weak, and the map didn't even have a final boss.

- Same problem with the final chapter, way too easy and it felt super short, also one would expect that Mal'ganis would be the final boss of the campaign like in the original but... he didn't even show up, only in the cinematics... this might be one of the most anticlimactic endings i've seen in my life!

- So in short:

1. The missions need to be slightly longer, they felt too short.
2. More mini bosses and more bosses, also the few mini bosses that are as of now are too weak, they need to be buffed.
3. More chapters need to have similar buildings like in chapter 5 where u can hire units.
4. And finally, all the extra neutral units u put on each map need to be vulnerable so the player can go and kill them for xp and extra loot cuz otherwise why even bother puting them there in the first place, all the units being invulnerable is just lame, it would have been much cooler if the player could interact with them instead!

Indeed we all will, cause in the past days I've started my slow and steady work over finishing Reign of Chaos TD Edtion campaigns!
Expect Undead, Orc, and Night Elf TD Editions next year, along with updated and fixed current ones.

Again, thank you for your review and your scoring! I gladly appreciate that and this encourages me to continue my humble mapmaking hobby :)
  • Tower bugs and typos will be fixed;
  • Chapter 5 was a test mission where I decided to use an already built-up base and I wouldn't say I like it. I've found the mercenary chapter more plausible for myself - slow, chill and nothing even do to, however, this it's a flaw and problem as I saw from walkthroughs. I'm glad to hear that you've found it joyful, maybe I'll use
  • About bosses - I'm using the Kingdom Rush game model, where not each level contains the final boss. In future I'm looking forward to balancing missions with the boss and without, to make non-boss levels harder and smoother in wave progression;
  • Same as above I'll count for mini-bosses;
  • About the mission walkthrough and missions at all - I agree with you about their length, but I don't wanna do hour-length Tower Defense if it isn't an endless survival level. In a future version, which will be a special update for the Path of the Damned TD Edition release, I'll add some additional levels with extra difficulty and possibly - endless survival level.
  • About special buildings - the next versions and campaigns will use them more, maybe each second level will contain special tower or special non-tower mechanic.
Thank you again for your review! Your passion for my Tower Defense campaigns just re-ignited my desire to do them again.
But after finishing my current project.